PDA

View Full Version : Boston Celtics have made an offer to Mikki Moore

JordansBulls
02-23-2009, 11:19 AM
Source: BostonGlobe (http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/articles/2009/02/23/some_moore_intrigue/)

PHOENIX - The Celtics are hoping to fill their need for a big man by winning the Mikki Moore sweepstakes.

Moore's agent, Mark Bartelstein, confirmed the team has offered the center a contract, and said several other teams have done the same thing, although he wouldn't divulge their names.

Moore is expected to make his decision today after clearing waivers and becoming an unrestricted free agent.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
02-23-2009, 11:31 AM
They need a guard..Am I right? Is this really needed?

I don't know its always nice to have depth at big I guess.

69centers
02-23-2009, 11:43 AM
We have no real size off the bench after the loss of PJ Brown. I hope we get him. Moore always plays hard every night, no matter what bad team he is on.

bostncelts34
02-23-2009, 12:04 PM
I definitly hpe he accept the offer.

I think all we need is more to be honest. Id like to give walker/pruitt/giddens a chance to fill that missing guard spot. Would be greta expierence for them and i beleive they are quite capable..walker and pruitt at least.

BigEric
02-23-2009, 12:11 PM
Bash me, bash the kings. The guy SUCKS. He can't handle passes and god forbid he grabs a rebound. You'd honestly be better off using Pat O'Bryant. His best assest would be his ability to scream "AND 1" all the time.

mrblisterdundee
02-23-2009, 12:28 PM
He would be a better pick-up than Joe Smith.

Hellcrooner
02-23-2009, 12:30 PM
They are jusigning him so Lakers dont do it.

They dont need him.

Morgan
02-23-2009, 12:37 PM
I've been watching Mikki Moore play since he was at Nebraska in the mid 90s. This guy hustles all game long and he is a well above average defender. Didn't he lead the entire NBA in FG% a few years back. Sacremento was a mistake for him because they suck and he's not the type of dude that can carry his team on his back when they aren't playing well. He's just a piece of a BIG puzzle. That's what he was in Jersey and that's exactly what he'll be in Boston.

JayW_1023
02-23-2009, 12:37 PM
Mikki Moore would be moronic not take this offer...he fills a need (size and rebounding) and has a chance to win a championship.

If he doesn't take this Moore is a selfish douche that has no idea where he came from (the D-League)

JJ81
02-23-2009, 12:42 PM
Bash me, bash the kings. The guy SUCKS. He can't handle passes and god forbid he grabs a rebound. You'd honestly be better off using Pat O'Bryant. His best assest would be his ability to scream "AND 1" all the time.

:clap:

Sport
02-23-2009, 12:45 PM
Mikki Moore would be moronic not take this offer...he fills a need (size and rebounding) and has a chance to win a championship.

If he doesn't take this Moore is a selfish douche that has no idea where he came from (the D-League)

How is that selfish if he doesnt accept Bostons offer? They are the best team in the NBA and if he decides to sign with a different team (whether its because its closer to his family or what not) than I commend him for that.

BigEric
02-23-2009, 12:48 PM
I'm telling you, yeah he has energy and whatnot but as close to no skill as you can get. I watched him last year and when he played this year. He wasn't asked to carry the team, or to lead them but c'mon man , it's not that hard to catch a ball.

JayW_1023
02-23-2009, 12:54 PM
How is that selfish if he doesnt accept Bostons offer? They are the best team in the NBA and if he decides to sign with a different team (whether its because its closer to his family or what not) than I commend him for that.

Because winning is more important than amount of touches...if he signs elsewhere the priority is money and a larger role over winning a ring.

I just like to see a player make a decision to win instead of moping about how big his role is gonna be. This league has too many selfish players.

Afridi786
02-23-2009, 12:55 PM
Mikki Moore sucks balls.

IndyRealist
02-23-2009, 01:45 PM
Because winning is more important than amount of touches...if he signs elsewhere the priority is money and a larger role over winning a ring.

I just like to see a player make a decision to win instead of moping about how big his role is gonna be. This league has too many selfish players.

Mikki Moore is a career role player. If he wins a ring with Boston, no one's going to remember his name in 5 years, let alone 20. Boston is probably offering him the vets minimum, or $1,262,275. If another team were willing to offer him say, $3M, he'd be crazy not to take it. If someone offered you more than double your salary, you'd leave your job in a heartbeat. This is probably his last payday before he retires, he needs to make the most of it.

Sources:
http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/mikki_moore/career_stats.html

what54!?
02-23-2009, 01:49 PM
Mikki Moore is not the answer.

If I was a C's fan I would be pissed if that garbage came to my team

Kyle N.
02-23-2009, 01:52 PM

I find myself yelling "And 1" all the time during Kings games now just because he isn't here to do it. :cry:

Leafsleeve
02-23-2009, 02:20 PM
Why the **** are we going for MIKKI MOORE you have to be kidding me that dude is bunk

DerekRE_3
02-23-2009, 02:22 PM

You'd think Moore would be a good rebounder...but he really isn't. When he started he only got 4.5 rebounds a game...not that good. He has terrible hands, and can only score on wide open dunks that anyone could make. He will shock you and hit the occasional mid range jumper though. He's already been a product of Jason Kidd, maybe he can be the product of Rajon Rondo.

The NBA test for a point guard is to have them play with Mikki Moore. If they can get him to put up good numbers, they are pretty good.

raidersrock99
02-23-2009, 03:03 PM
good luck with that twig gets posted on all day.... throws up gang signs everytime he makes a shot. good thing it's only once a game

69centers
02-23-2009, 03:38 PM
He's got a longer range outside shot than either Leon Powe or Big Baby, and a lot of experience in both conferences. He brings energy every night, whether or not he has the skills as most starters in the league do. I'll take him off the bench as we need some veteran size to try to replace PJ Brown from last year.

69centers
02-23-2009, 03:41 PM
good luck with that twig gets posted on all day.... throws up gang signs everytime he makes a shot. good thing it's only once a game

C'mon, what do you mean. Don't those signs mean he's happy he just dunked it?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kXq4RpKjnc&feature=related

Mr_Peabody
02-23-2009, 03:48 PM

lol, i cant tell from the video, but if those were real gang signs hed be getting fined. I think they fined Paul Pierce once for that lol.

Joshtd1
02-23-2009, 03:59 PM
Moore sucks. He was just a product of J-Kidd on the Nets.

Im glad the Spurs arent getting him.

njolakoski
02-23-2009, 04:11 PM
He would be a better pick-up than Joe Smith.You obviously have never watched Joe Smith play. I'd take Joe Smith over Moore any day, anytime.

Lakers4ItAll
02-23-2009, 04:21 PM
He sucks and won't be much help

JordansBulls
02-23-2009, 04:47 PM
Moore sucks. He was just a product of J-Kidd on the Nets.

Im glad the Spurs arent getting him.

Yeah, but no one is asking him to start.

BouGa
02-23-2009, 04:51 PM
Didn't everyone bash the signing of PJ Brown last year, and look how that turned out.

No1 is asking him to play 25 minutes a game, hes just a big guy that we need off the bench, everyone chill out.

I and probably the Celtics would much rather have Joe Smith, but can't take a chance on him not seeking a buyout, and than having Moore sign somewhere else.

Nighthawk
02-23-2009, 06:55 PM
Doesnt Joe Smith average only like 2 points more than Mikki? Its not like Joe Smith is levels better than Moore. Exvery non celtic fans reaction is funny. This ugy is coming to be a 9 or 10th man. Moore is more than capable of handling that lol

Sportfan
02-23-2009, 06:57 PM
id like moore to come to boston

MossIsBoss
02-23-2009, 07:10 PM
I like this move as long as it takes away from Big Baby's and Scal's minutes, I don't want it to take away from Powe's. If they just want Moore for short term I'd rather them get Joe Smith.

ARMIN12NBA
02-23-2009, 07:14 PM
Doesnt Joe Smith average only like 2 points more than Mikki? Its not like Joe Smith is levels better than Moore. Exvery non celtic fans reaction is funny. This ugy is coming to be a 9 or 10th man. Moore is more than capable of handling that lol

Exactly. Moore can play and contribute for 5-10 minutes a game. No problem.

Nighthawk
02-23-2009, 07:14 PM
I like this move as long as it takes away from Big Baby's and Scal's minutes, I don't want it to take away from Powe's. If they just want Moore for short term I'd rather them get Joe Smith.

Id like Powe to get more miniutes, but i doubt it. Big Baby shouldnt be playin so much./ SCAL should play more minutes. good things go down when hes on the court(no sarcasm)

oldenpolynice
02-23-2009, 07:15 PM
He would be a better pick-up than Joe Smith.

I really doubt that. Moore tries hard, but he doesn't have a whole lot of discernible skills. Though I have to argue with the guy who said they should have kept Patrick O'Bryant instead. Moore is definitely better than O'Bryant.

sacgiants1213
02-23-2009, 07:15 PM
if the c's want a soft 7 footer that doesn't know how to rebound then this is definitely a great move for them. Mikki would be a fool not to take this offer. Thanks for nothing mikki, i really appreciate everything you didn't do for us!

Kakaroach
02-23-2009, 08:24 PM
This would be an excellent pick-up for the Celtics seeing as how Joe Smith will most likely not be bought out.

Corey
02-23-2009, 09:19 PM
Moore is reported to clear waivers and accept the Celtics deal tomorrow morning.

JLynn943
02-23-2009, 09:37 PM
Good for Moore. He plays hard and seems to have a good attitude all the time, he's just not especially skilled at anything. Still, good defender, and probably a good pickup for Boston.

Nighthawk
02-23-2009, 09:43 PM
Moore is reported to clear waivers and accept the Celtics deal tomorrow morning.

Sounds good to me. I said a while ago Smith or Moore would be perfectly fine to me. I think i like Moores energy a bit more. Moore combined with House and Powe would be a nice mix of energy and toughness off the pine. Plus hes a legit 7 footer. Baby an Powe are both 6'8.

Now we pray this little meeting between Walsh and Marbury ends with Marbury a F.A and on his way to the bean.

KmB728
02-23-2009, 10:09 PM
Sounds good to me. I said a while ago Smith or Moore would be perfectly fine to me. I think i like Moores energy a bit more. Moore combined with House and Powe would be a nice mix of energy and toughness off the pine. Plus hes a legit 7 footer. Baby an Powe are both 6'8.

Now we pray this little meeting between Walsh and Marbury ends with Marbury a F.A and on his way to the bean.

Amen :clap:

Kyle N.
02-23-2009, 10:14 PM
lol, i cant tell from the video, but if those were real gang signs hed be getting fined. I think they fined Paul Pierce once for that lol.

He holds up 3 fingers on each hand because he's number 33. He couldn't be 33 on the Celtics so he would have to hold up a new number.

Morgan
02-23-2009, 11:04 PM
Hold up guys. The reporter for The Boston Globe who basically stated that Mikki Moore was definitely going to sign with the Celtics tomorrow had some wrong information. Moore's agent said he has not made a decision yet but, is leaning towards Denver after Nene was injured. Check it out!

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/

Nighthawk
02-23-2009, 11:06 PM
Hold up guys. The reporter for The Boston Globe who basically stated that Mikki Moore was definitely going to sign with the Celtics tomorrow had some wrong information. Moore's agent said he has not made a decision yet but, is leaning towards Denver after Nene was injured. Check it out!

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/

Well isnt this the news Celtic fans wanted to hear....Hopefully we can get something done.

Mr_Peabody
02-23-2009, 11:25 PM
who hell is mikki moore?? i dont want him

BTownTeamsRKing
02-24-2009, 12:18 AM
who hell is mikki moore?? i dont want him

after tonights game. denver cant get picky lol

Moore is nothin special, but we just bodies to throw out there

Kakaroach
02-24-2009, 12:43 AM
Nuggets sure could use some inside help. Moore would be perfect with them. Isn't Drew Gooden also going to be bought out of his contract by the Kings?

lorenz00
02-24-2009, 01:30 AM
good proposal but moore wont accept muhaha he hates the celtics so i see moore going to denver? or clev

Chronz
02-24-2009, 01:53 AM
It would be a horrible signing, Moore provides nothing that Powe doesnt already do better. They need Joe Smith bad

Morgan
02-24-2009, 02:02 AM
good proposal but moore wont accept muhaha he hates the celtics so i see moore going to denver? or clev

Hmm.... You sound like a Phoenix Suns fan who just watched his team get beat up and beat down every way possible yesterday by the Celtics. :laugh2: