PDA

View Full Version : Pacers are the 8th seed the East Elite don't want to play

HoosierDaddy
02-22-2009, 10:55 PM
don't look now, but if the pacers win tomorrow at New york, we are in the thick of the race for the 8th seed.:clap: The pacers have already beaten the elite teams of the east. We've beaten Orlando, Cleveland, and the Celtics.

I'm sure we're more dangerous in a series than the bulls, bucks, or knicks.

This years' versions of the Warriors taking out the Mavs? we'll just have to wait and see.

Thoughts?

IDB Josh M
02-22-2009, 10:56 PM
Agreed. Its a team that's better than their record.

Durant is hype
02-22-2009, 11:03 PM
If Pacers can make a playoffs,Granger's status would change big time.

Bongalicious
02-22-2009, 11:04 PM
Who would honestly take them over CLE/BOS in a series though?

still1ballin
02-22-2009, 11:04 PM
What the hell is up with these nubs making new threads especially about the pacers?

KB24PG16
02-22-2009, 11:05 PM
What the hell is up with these nubs making new threads especially about the pacers?

i know

madiaz3
02-22-2009, 11:06 PM
don't look now, but if the pacers win tomorrow at New york, we are in the thick of the race for the 8th seed.:clap: The pacers have already beaten the elite teams of the east. We've beaten Orlando, Cleveland, and the Celtics.

This years' versions of the Warriors taking out the Mavs? we'll just have to wait and see.

Thoughts?

With Granger injured you're not even close to being the most dangerous. Besides no one has gotten to see the long term benefits of the trades for NY/Bulls yet so it's too early to see.

Nighthawk
02-22-2009, 11:08 PM
Winning a 7 game series is much tougher than winning 1 game during a long tough season. Now i'll admit, I like the pacers squad and think they have a team that will be tough to deal with down the road. But i cant see them taking out Magic, Cavs or Boston 4 times out of 7 especially when they wont have homecourt.

GoatMilk
02-22-2009, 11:08 PM
Beware of the Knicks.
D'Antoni is gonna run Boston or Cleveland to death

GreatMustachio1
02-22-2009, 11:21 PM
pacers lost ot the cats.

Tbomb9887
02-22-2009, 11:25 PM
pacers are just excited cause they beat a bulls team that hasent clicked with all of there new players. Yes they have good home wins, but they CANT win on the road. maybe next year with the 8th seed but to many teams are better this year.

shonk688
02-22-2009, 11:30 PM
pacers lost ot the cats.

For some reason your bobcats have always had the pacers #.:cry:

cardinals1226
02-22-2009, 11:31 PM

It's better than talking about the Lakers or Celtics in every thread. There are more than just two teams in the league. :rolleyes:

NYKnickFanatic
02-22-2009, 11:33 PM
Everyone in the East is in the playoff hunt. :p

Nate David+ Co.
02-22-2009, 11:39 PM
I personally think that the Knicks are better. The pacer- granger= lottery #1
The knicks now have a good player at every postiton. hughes duhon lee wilcox n8 etc.

cardinals1226
02-22-2009, 11:43 PM
I personally think that the Knicks are better. The pacer- granger= lottery #1
The knicks now have a good player at every postiton. hughes duhon lee wilcox n8 etc.

Lee is the only player that isn't a bench player. On any other team all those players would be coming off the bench, not starting. I'll agree the Knicks have the edge, but the way they've played being so inconsistant, I wouldn't count the Pacers out over-taking them for the 8th spot.

albertc86
02-22-2009, 11:44 PM
The Pacers are like the Hawks. Young and talented. They could potentially pull off an upset or at least give the top 4 a run for their money.

JordansBulls
02-23-2009, 12:01 AM

Thoughts?

Pacers would be a good match for the Celtics or Cavs.

kswissdaf
02-23-2009, 12:01 AM

what the hell is up with all these people think they are smart because they have a high post count:p

KH12
02-23-2009, 12:02 AM
They won't even make the playoffs, so I doubt anyone is scared.

bostncelts34
02-23-2009, 12:07 AM
there a good young team. but NO WAY would they compete in a series against BOS/CLE or even orlando. They have no good big men. Boston with KG and Perk down low would kill them. Same goes for Howard.And well, cleveland has lebron, enough said.

cardinals1226
02-23-2009, 12:07 AM
They won't even make the playoffs, so I doubt anyone is scared.

Says who? They're 3.5 out with 20+ games left. I'm not saying they will, but that ignorant to say when you have Milwaukee, who has Redd out for the season and Ridnour out for several weeks, and Detroit who is yet to find a consistant groove with Iverson in the lineup.

cardinals1226
02-23-2009, 12:11 AM
there a good young team. but NO WAY would they compete in a series against BOS/CLE or even orlando. They have no good big men. Boston with KG and Perk down low would kill them. Same goes for Howard.And well, cleveland has lebron, enough said.

Garnett and Perkins really killed the Pacers when they got beat by 18 and were down at one point by 35 earlier in the season. Then struggled at home against them and then barely got by 3 days later when they played in Indiana. The Celtics are far from unbeatable.

bostncelts34
02-23-2009, 12:29 AM
Garnett and Perkins really killed the Pacers when they got beat by 18 and were down at one point by 35 earlier in the season. Then struggled at home against them and then barely got by 3 days later when they played in Indiana. The Celtics are far from unbeatable.

i said in a SERIES. Indy stands NO chance against boston.

HoosierDaddy
02-23-2009, 12:52 AM
Anything is possible. I just feel out of the possible 8 seeds, the pacers are the most dangerous. they have the more of a chance of making it a series against a top east team than say the bucks, bulls, or knicks

only time will tell. thats why they play the games

TheHoopsProphet
02-23-2009, 01:11 AM
i agree, if theyre not taken seriously, they can elongate a playoff series, but nothing more than elongate a series. You guys arent quite there yet.

cambovenzi
02-23-2009, 01:19 AM
i dont think they will be THAT dangerous.
little depth. not the best of teams.
might not even make the playoffs.
i dont see them as a mismatch in style to the celts or cavs either.

a big difference with the mavs/warriors series, was that there was opportunity for a mismatch and inconsistent play.
the warriors also had a different style of lay than most teams, which brought about that opportunity for the mismatch, and the mavs had exploitable weaknesses.

the Celtics are pretty consistent, with great defense.
the upset of the mavs was rare, and that team was not as consistent.

i dont see the pacers going into boston and having a realistic shot at winning a 7 game series.

Who would honestly take them over CLE/BOS in a series though?
people on crack.
maybe not even them..

For some reason your bobcats have always had the pacers #.:cry:

they seemingly always beat the lakers too, idk whats up with that.

LA412
02-23-2009, 01:24 AM
top Seed in the east gets a bye in the first round.........the west actually has a real team to play

cardinals1226
02-23-2009, 01:25 AM
top Seed in the east gets a bye in the first round.........the west actually has a real team to play

And that's why 6 of the top 7 lottery team are in the West? Let's not go overboard here. The West is good, but the East has caught up a substantial amount.

Wilson
02-23-2009, 01:44 AM
Beware of the Knicks.
D'Antoni is gonna run Boston or Cleveland to death

I don't think so. If the Suns couldn't run San Antonio to death, the Knicks aren't running Boston or Cleveland to death...

hotpotato1092
02-23-2009, 02:09 AM
Maybe there should be a 300 post minimum for thread starters

zambo4president
02-23-2009, 02:16 AM
Why dont we start doing something were you have to earn making a thread by your post count just like with the sigs. But i hope your not serious when you think the ****in Indiana Pacers could be the most dangerous team in the playoffs. Id honestly be very surprised if the Pacers make the playoffs. Because the battle for the 7 and 8 seeds should be Chicago, New York, Philly, and Milwaukee.

shonk688
02-23-2009, 02:33 AM
Why dont we start doing something were you have to earn making a thread by your post count just like with the sigs. But i hope your not serious when you think the ****in Indiana Pacers could be the most dangerous team in the playoffs. Id honestly be very surprised if the Pacers make the playoffs. Because the battle for the 7 and 8 seeds should be Chicago, New York, Philly, and Milwaukee.

This is the battle *******!

6 Philadelphia 27 27
7 Detroit 27 27
8 Milwaukee 28 31
9 Chicago 25 31
10 New Jersey 24 32
11 New York 23 32
12 Indiana 24 34