PDA

View Full Version : Willl the Thunder's core win a championship?

mrblisterdundee
02-22-2009, 10:27 PM
The Thunder have the best young core in the league. Kevin Durant will soon be battling to be the league's most valuable player. Russel Westbrook will be one of the best point guards in the league. Jeff Green has already established himself as one of the best support players, and has a good chance of being an all-star at some point in his career. Together, these three players have synced up and created one of the most cohesive cores in the league. With the addition of other necessary role players (like a defensive center), do you think that three-player core can win a championship?

Kakaroach
02-22-2009, 10:29 PM
Yeah they have a chance. They would have to get a very good big or two and become a lot deeper than what they are now. But yeah they have a very nice core.

Bongalicious
02-22-2009, 10:29 PM
This might be a little premature...

TheChosenOne88
02-22-2009, 10:39 PM
The Blazers have a better core.

Lakersfan2483
02-22-2009, 10:41 PM
The Thunder have the best young core in the league. Kevin Durant will soon be battling to be the league's most valuable player. Russel Westbrook will be one of the best point guards in the league. Jeff Green has already established himself as one of the best support players, and has a good chance of being an all-star at some point in his career. Together, these three players have synced up and created one of the most cohesive cores in the league. With the addition of other necessary role players (like a defensive center), do you think that three-player core can win a championship?

That group of players needs to play .500 ball and make the playoffs before we can even consider them having a chance to compete for a title. Even if they added a defensive center, you can't say that they would be an 8th seed out west.

albertc86
02-22-2009, 10:42 PM
The Thunder will go as far as Durant will take them. If he reaches superstar status, then I think they have a really good shot. It also helps that the Kobes and Duncans are getting older, which opens up the door for a new wave of superstars.

still1ballin
02-22-2009, 10:49 PM
I can see it happening

Nighthawk
02-22-2009, 10:51 PM
This might be a little premature...

you call it premature i just call it ecstasy....

Venomous88
02-22-2009, 10:59 PM
This might be a little premature...Like Kevin's Durant chest and arms

KB24PG16
02-22-2009, 11:00 PM
i can see the blazers and the thunder battling for years ahead

twoearl
02-22-2009, 11:14 PM
NO, not a chance.

lakers4sho
02-22-2009, 11:34 PM
Get a legit C or PF first.

Fortunately they have a young roster so acquiring it through the draft wouldn't hurt the progress of the team.

Mike88
02-22-2009, 11:55 PM
i think they could. Durant can score from anywhere, Westbrook looks like he'll be a play maker and Jeff Green is a great third man. I think the big question is what kind of player Durant will develop into. The league has seen plenty of people that can score, but have never won a championship. He really needs to learn how to get his teammates involved and if he does that this trio could be great.

SeoulBeatz
02-22-2009, 11:55 PM
NO, not a chance.

?....

care to explain?

Durant is SICK!!! Green is playing very well and Westbrook is a very well rounded point guard so early in his rookie year!

how can u say they dont even have a chance with that very formidable core

bostncelts34
02-23-2009, 12:03 AM

I dont agree with any of that.

1. KD will not be competing for MVP any time soon IMO. Especially as long as Kobe,lebron,cp3,wade and dwight are around.

2.I wouldnt call Jeff green one of the best support players in the league

3. i also would say that RW is on his way to becoming one of the leagues best point guard.

im not hatin..just dont agree with your comments.

on that note. They do have a very talented young core. But i dont see this team competing for a championship for another 4 years at least. By that time, who knows if this core will be together.

Venomous88
02-23-2009, 12:04 AM
Durant is really starting to pick it up. At the beginning of the season, it looked like it was a stupid decision to move the Sonics, but the Thunder has some really great talent to build on. I would say I could see them in the playoffs in the next 2 years, but that is very improbable in the wild west.

lorenz00
02-23-2009, 12:08 AM
nope

mrblisterdundee
02-23-2009, 12:32 AM
Get a legit C or PF first.

Fortunately they have a young roster so acquiring it through the draft wouldn't hurt the progress of the team.

The Thunder have a legitimate power forward. His name is Jeff Green.

lakers4sho
02-23-2009, 12:44 AM
The Thunder have a legitimate power forward. His name is Jeff Green.

OK then they need a center. A legit big man in the post to anchor the offense and defense.

Giantwarrior
02-23-2009, 05:00 AM
The thread should be called: could the thunder make the playoffs...

Giantwarrior
02-23-2009, 05:01 AM
Or can the thunder play some defense?

ElMarroAfamado
02-23-2009, 05:04 AM
if only they didnt have a horrible name, jerseys place to play..........
imagine they were still the sonics how cool would that be

bahama0811
02-23-2009, 05:09 AM
They have a chance but they definitely need more depth. With all the draft picks they have they should be able to build some depth.

JordanPippen
02-23-2009, 05:20 AM
like kevin's durant chest and arms

lol

TMAC94
02-23-2009, 05:52 AM
a big 3 in the making?

TMAC94
02-23-2009, 05:54 AM
tyson chandler, would have done them the world of good for sure a big defender that they needed.