PDA

View Full Version : Should the Clippers start rebuilding?

mrblisterdundee
02-22-2009, 09:54 PM
I think the combination of stars they've put together isn't going to work out. Baron already doesn't like being on the team. Zach Randolph is team cancer as always. Marcus Camby is still one of the best defensive players in the league, but is wasting away in Los Angeles. Who knows what they're doing with Kaman, although he is a good center as well. They've been doing terrible so far, and it doesn't look like they'll ever progress. The management has already been trying to make many trades.

I think the Clippers should be in full reconstruction mode. They should keep the core of Gordon at shooting guard, Thornton at small forward, and DeAndre Jordan at center. They should also keep Chris Kaman around to help develop DeAndre into a solid center. I would say keep Marcus Camby, but he deserves to be traded to a contender.

What do you think the Clippers should do?

69centers
02-22-2009, 09:55 PM
I think the combination of stars they've put together isn't going to work out. Baron already doesn't like being on the team. Zach Randolph is team cancer as always. Marcus Camby is still one of the best defensive players in the league, but is wasting away in Los Angeles. Who knows what they're doing with Kaman, although he is a good center as well. They've been doing terrible so far, and it doesn't look like they'll ever progress. The management has already been trying to make many trades.

I think the Clippers should be in full reconstruction mode. They should keep the core of Gordon at shooting guard, Thornton at small forward, and DeAndre Jordan at center. They should also keep Chris Kaman around to help develop DeAndre into a solid center. I would say keep Marcus Camby, but he deserves to be traded to a contender.

Pack it in and call it a day. Shut the franchise down and move to St. Louis.

Camby needs to be waived soon, so he can sign with someone.

GspLAL
02-22-2009, 10:42 PM
As long as Sterling is the Clippers' owner they're gonna suck, he's sooo cheap and I know this because my dad used to be a cab driver and he took him somewhere and he started arguing with my dad over a couple bucks.

still1ballin
02-22-2009, 10:48 PM
Haven't they rebuilding since day 1 of their 20 year franchise?

IDB Josh M
02-22-2009, 10:58 PM

You beat me to it Byn-o-mite! I was gonna say, "When have they not been rebuilding?" That was my idea to say! >__<

Free Throw
02-22-2009, 10:59 PM
They seem to think they don't need to the way they held onto Camby with their life at the deadline.

LakersDudeee
02-22-2009, 11:00 PM
hah..hah..hah.. kinda funny how the acquisition of baron davis, camby and randolph got the clipper nation psyched only to find that it was a failure waiting to happen.. i hope they 'rebuild' for next season.. better start planning now

KB24PG16
02-22-2009, 11:06 PM

thats what i thought

still1ballin
02-22-2009, 11:08 PM
You beat me to it Byn-o-mite! I was gonna say, "When have they not been rebuilding?" That was my idea to say! >__<

lol sorry:laugh:

raidersrock99
02-22-2009, 11:27 PM
they should of started rebuilding 5 years ago

lakers4sho
02-22-2009, 11:30 PM
They should fire MDSR first. They're lineup is actually pretty decent with a good coach guiding them.

BallersUnited
02-22-2009, 11:32 PM
they have 4 star post man
but kamans injured
that leaves
zach, al, camby

the rotations dont work

prodigy
02-22-2009, 11:34 PM
camby is a injury prone 34 year old making alot of money, why he was not traded is beyond me. so I guess there not rebuilding.

aloysius8
02-22-2009, 11:42 PM
been rebuilding for 20 years. or more. bad owner.

GoatMilk
02-22-2009, 11:43 PM
they're the clippers

Mike88
02-22-2009, 11:49 PM
the Clippers are where careers go to die

nd4T.O.
02-22-2009, 11:53 PM
they have been rebuilding forever and will always be the JV team compared to the lakers

VCaintdead17
02-22-2009, 11:55 PM
They have pieces that they could trade to become an instant contender. They could easily trade gordon and thorton in a deal and get a superstar in return.Then trade Kaman for depth.

OR

They could very start rebuilding around gorden and thorton.

DABEARS23
02-22-2009, 11:58 PM
yup start rebuilding

clip-hop
02-23-2009, 12:04 AM
No doubt. But I think the aftermath of the David Falk/Elton Brand puppet show left MDSr scrambling to fill the roster. I would search for the best possible deals to lose Baron, Zach, and Kaman. I really like Camby. Thornton will continue to improve and Gordon was getting time at PG in practice.

hockeypro68
02-23-2009, 12:07 AM
The roster is not the problem, they have a ridiculous amount of talent. Thats undeniable. The problem is clearly the offense. Baron Davis is apt to run n' gun, and Dunleavy's dumbass insists on slowing down the pace.

lorenz00
02-23-2009, 12:10 AM
let all the players stay healthy first then and make a coaching change then if still doesn't work rebuild

clip-hop
02-23-2009, 12:20 AM
The roster is not the problem, they have a ridiculous amount of talent. Thats undeniable. The problem is clearly the offense. Baron Davis is apt to run n' gun, and Dunleavy's dumbass insists on slowing down the pace.

That's why Baron needs to go. He will never win a championship as long as he insists on playing "Y" ball.

soundjunkies2
02-23-2009, 12:32 AM
They need a new coach because they have alot of talent on the team theres no reason for them to be this bad.

clip-hop
02-23-2009, 12:42 AM
The reason they are this bad is because Baron's inability to run a real offense has been exposed once again(New Orleans). So now he's going to pout and throw up bricks and air-balls, ignore MDSr's request for a timeout, and miss a months worth of games because of a bruised tailbone.

Penetra8r
02-23-2009, 01:00 AM

2 teams in LA are just way too much. They should relocate and rebuild elsewhere.

what54!?
02-23-2009, 01:02 AM
they're the clippersexactly they always need to rebuild

RodmansBulls
02-23-2009, 02:17 AM
The only time they weren't rebuilding was in 2006 or 2007, the Clippers had a decent team with Elton Brand E.T Corey Kaveman. They made it to the playoffs, beat the nuggets, and almost beat the Suns in the playoffs. They wouldn't need Baron if Livingston never got hurt. That Kid was very talented....

shen
02-23-2009, 08:13 AM
One of there problems is the cancer known as Zach Randolph. He is the worst player to ever get a double double, he has never gotten a assist, he thinks he is the only player on the court, he only gets like 20 points cause he takes the most shots. He is a horrible influence on other players, at this point no GM or coach wants him on there team or to even know there players.