PDA

View Full Version : Bosh vs Al Jeff

Bizzy13
02-22-2009, 08:37 PM
Well, I don't know if this has ever been brought up yet but here goes. Lately me and my buddies have been debating over who they would rather have, Bosh or Al Jeff. Seems like 7 of every 10 people I ask this question to say Bosh. I personally would prefer Al Jeff (not to take anything away from Bosh). I feel like it's important to have a skilled, physical, lowpost, back-to-the-basket type big man for a team to be effective down the stretch.

Jose
Parker
Marion
Bargs
AL or Bosh

I think with Al he could play the 5 freeing up bargs to shoot his jumpers and drive to the bucket. It doesn't make sense to have 2 jump shooting big men in my opinion... Not that I think there would ever be a chance of a trade happenning but it's always fun to speculate.

What line up would you rather have?

RaptorsFanatic
02-22-2009, 09:19 PM
Barg is free to shoot jumpers either way, lol....but.

AL > CB

Many might object my opinion, but I think Al is a waste of talent in Minny, and Bosh just doesnt seem to convince that he has heart...it hurts me.

Bizzy13
02-22-2009, 09:22 PM
Barg is free to shoot jumpers either way, lol....but.

AL > CB

Many might object my opinion, but I think Al is a waste of talent in Minny, and Bosh just doesnt seem to convince that he has heart...it hurts me.

lol i know he's free to shoot jumpers. It just doesn't make sense to me to have a C and a PF that both shoot mid rage jumpers.. you need at least one guy who you can dump it down to and depend on a hook shot, up and under, or w/e post move that could put some physical pressure on the defender.

Kyben36
02-22-2009, 09:29 PM
Al at C. Tie at PF.

SpeedyRecovery
02-22-2009, 09:52 PM
lol i know he's free to shoot jumpers. It just doesn't make sense to me to have a C and a PF that both shoot mid rage jumpers.. you need at least one guy who you can dump it down to and depend on a hook shot, up and under, or w/e post move that could put some physical pressure on the defender.

have you seen joey lately! haha.. hes been playing the low post a couple times a game.

kantarok
02-22-2009, 10:18 PM
Dont get it twisted people Bosh is injured period. Those close shots he was missing made it obvious. He couldnt even jump because he did not want to put too much pressure on his knee
Bosh is alot better than Al Jefferson
Al Jefferson plays on a team that looks like an expansion team and averages about 20 and 10. His team has always been about the worst in the NBA and people can actually say that Al is better than Bosh LMAO

Al Jefferson is a wannabe Tim Duncan with no defence
Bosh is the most skilled power forward with a good length and athleticism and quickness/ dont even compare the two anymore.

Compare him to Bargnani thats way more appropriate

toronto_JazzFan
02-22-2009, 10:18 PM
Al at C. Tie at PF.

its not a tie at Pf cuz bosh is way too quick for most pf al jefferson is slow he cant handle bosh at the pf but at C al is way too strong for this guy.

toronto_JazzFan
02-22-2009, 10:20 PM
have you seen joey lately! haha.. hes been playing the low post a couple times a game.

your a joke if you seriously think joey is the guy too go down too if it was play-off time he would be getting shut down.

SpeedyRecovery
02-22-2009, 10:34 PM
your a joke if you seriously think joey is the guy too go down too if it was play-off time he would be getting shut down.

ya i know.. i was kidding (haha?).. but god love him for doing it because nobody else seems to want to play with a little muscle

toronto_JazzFan
02-22-2009, 10:41 PM
ya i know.. i was kidding (haha?).. but god love him for doing it because nobody else seems to want to play with a little muscle

lol o well your right hes the only 1 doing all bosh does is settle for jumpers and miss wide open layups/dunks

pebloemer
02-23-2009, 01:06 AM
I'd take Al Jefferson. Not because Bosh is not a perennial all-star and an incredibly efficient top player, but because Al Jefferson plays the post. I forget which coach was talking about Al Jefferson having one of the greatest repetoire of low post moves in the league, but to watch him play is quite impressive. He is a little undersized and needs a lot of work on defense, but he hustles on the boards and is a pain for any defender. Bosh by contrast is efficient and very smart. Both players are learning to be better defenders. If I could choose one right now to build around though, I;d pick big Al. And that is not to take anything away from Bosh.

xxepo
02-23-2009, 01:49 AM
Al plays defence,bosh when he feels like it ... also bosh sometimes gets owned by garnett and other superstars shut him down big time but I guess his still learning ...

Bizzy13
02-23-2009, 01:53 AM
Dont get it twisted people Bosh is injured period. Those close shots he was missing made it obvious. He couldnt even jump because he did not want to put too much pressure on his knee
Bosh is alot better than Al Jefferson
Al Jefferson plays on a team that looks like an expansion team and averages about 20 and 10. His team has always been about the worst in the NBA and people can actually say that Al is better than Bosh LMAO

Al Jefferson is a wannabe Tim Duncan with no defence
Bosh is the most skilled power forward with a good length and athleticism and quickness/ dont even compare the two anymore.

Compare him to Bargnani thats way more appropriate

Valid point about Bosh being injured. I'd personally still rather have Al Jeff over Bosh if both were healthy. But who do you think is a better fit on the Raps? Al Jeff could most likely get us Bosh's numbers except they would be coming from the paint, which is something i think is key to winning playoff basketball.
Jeff's back to the basket game is far more advanced than Bosh's. Bargnani gives us the same demensions that Bosh gives in terms of how they produce their points (except for Fts) . What we don't have is that true low post pressence... then again, we are trying to be a running team now

I'd take Al Jefferson. Not because Bosh is not a perennial all-star and an incredibly efficient top player, but because Al Jefferson plays the post. I forget which coach was talking about Al Jefferson having one of the greatest repetoire of low post moves in the league, but to watch him play is quite impressive. He is a little undersized and needs a lot of work on defense, but he hustles on the boards and is a pain for any defender. Bosh by contrast is efficient and very smart. Both players are learning to be better defenders. If I could choose one right now to build around though, I;d pick big Al. And that is not to take anything away from Bosh.

+1

:p yea I've seen it. I'm a HUGE Joey supporter. Wish he was consistantly dependable though.

ChongInc.
02-23-2009, 04:43 AM
big al... personally

ChongInc.
02-23-2009, 04:44 AM
but bargs before either of them

bartron_44
02-23-2009, 10:24 AM
Before blowing out his kneee, I prob would have said Jefferson. He rebounds beter then Bosh as he is usually closer to the basket, and he plays the low post game that we are lacking. Running is nice, but all 5 guys don't need to run, and all games are not 'runable'...especially playoff basketball. Ask the old Phoenix Suns if running wins championships. They were the best running team in the league for years, but thought they needed a low post presence to get over the hump as they got slowed down by the efficient offensive teams who could get back on defense.

If Jefferson could play the post the Barg's habit of living at the 3 pt line wouldn't hurt us on the boards so much. We would have Jefferson and Marion cleaning up misses.

That being said, I think Bosh is also getting injury prone. From the heel problem, to the knee, his legs are getting less explosive, and his first step is not getting by defenders now. He couldn't get to the basket at all last night, when he tried they cut him off and he forced a jumper....I love CB4, but if we could trade him for Jefferson.....I'd think long and hard and probably take Jefferson...

Bizzy13
02-23-2009, 11:55 AM
Before blowing out his kneee, I prob would have said Jefferson. He rebounds beter then Bosh as he is usually closer to the basket, and he plays the low post game that we are lacking. Running is nice, but all 5 guys don't need to run, and all games are not 'runable'...especially playoff basketball. Ask the old Phoenix Suns if running wins championships. They were the best running team in the league for years, but thought they needed a low post presence to get over the hump as they got slowed down by the efficient offensive teams who could get back on defense.

If Jefferson could play the post the Barg's habit of living at the 3 pt line wouldn't hurt us on the boards so much. We would have Jefferson and Marion cleaning up misses.

That being said, I think Bosh is also getting injury prone. From the heel problem, to the knee, his legs are getting less explosive, and his first step is not getting by defenders now. He couldn't get to the basket at all last night, when he tried they cut him off and he forced a jumper....I love CB4, but if we could trade him for Jefferson.....I'd think long and hard and probably take Jefferson...

To Bargs' credit, he hasn't been doing that as much. I've seen him taking it to the rim aggressively in recent games, and a bit more effective than bosh did when he was healthy. I think bargs is a bit quicker and a little more agile in an awkward kind of way.

blujaysrock
02-23-2009, 11:59 AM
To Bargs' credit, he hasn't been doing that as much. I've seen him taking it to the rim aggressively in recent games, and a bit more effective than bosh did when he was healthy. I think bargs is a bit quicker and a little more agile in an awkward kind of way.

I disagree with you there, I don't think Bargs is quick as Bosh but he sure has been taking it to the basket with confidence lately

Blazer
02-23-2009, 12:56 PM
Barnieís gotta go. His trade value is at itís highest right now. A guy who canít rebound well enough to be a true 5 or be one hell of a defensive presence at a 3 or 4 isnít a two-way player and thus holds limited long-term talent in my opinion. His assets make him a great 6th man but not a true 3-5 starter. It doesnít matter if heís a 20/8 guy for the rest of his career, if he isnít rebounding at 7-foot plus, heíd better be blocking, running transition, or contributing something more than just a medium to long range jump shot at a above average percentage. He must learn to defend or learn to rebound Ė he has too few tools in his toolbox.

ramz.n
02-23-2009, 01:16 PM
Barnieís gotta go. His trade value is at itís highest right now. A guy who canít rebound well enough to be a true 5 or be one hell of a defensive presence at a 3 or 4 isnít a two-way player and thus holds limited long-term talent in my opinion. His assets make him a great 6th man but not a true 3-5 starter. It doesnít matter if heís a 20/8 guy for the rest of his career, if he isnít rebounding at 7-foot plus, heíd better be blocking, running transition, or contributing something more than just a medium to long range jump shot at a above average percentage. He must learn to defend or learn to rebound Ė he has too few tools in his toolbox.

..what are you talking about?? hes doing a great job at the 5 spot..he did a pretty good job this season standing his ground on numerous power house big man such as Dwight Howard, Shaq O'neal, Rasheed Wallace, Yao Ming thats just to name a few..yes an issue is rebounding but hes working on that and his rebounding numbers are improving, and with the new playing style today where the 5 spot players are getting thinner and more mobile, i don't see why we need a traditional center...he does block..hes no Jermaine O'neal but hes averaging 1.1 bpg..hes obviously running, and its kind of strange how you criticize his rebounding and want him running at the same time...and hes asked to shoot from mid range, how do you think he will spread the floor for Bosh and other players, by taking mid range shots hes also pulling out other bigs to give our wing players and bosh the opportunity to get offensive rebounds.

HoopsDrive
02-23-2009, 01:25 PM
Bargnani has the most awkward pump fake in the history of the NBA... it's so fake I don't know how he gets his man to bite... :eyebrow:

But about this thread... it really depends on what your team needs. If you need a low post presence to clean up the boards and clog the lanes, Al is the player you'd want to go for. If your team has a bunch of penetrators that can spot up easy shots for perimeter players, definitely Bosh.

All in all, I'd go for Bosh because of his incredible athleticism for a big man, hard to come by.

WSbluejays
02-23-2009, 02:31 PM
al jefferson. better post player and doesn't whine like bosh.

nads83
02-23-2009, 03:52 PM
al jefferson. better post player and doesn't whine like bosh.

werd

Steely McBeam
02-23-2009, 03:55 PM

completely agree, id take a low post big man over a mid range jump shooter any day and especially with the emergence of bargnani. the inside/ out game with bargs and al would be deadly