PDA

View Full Version : How did the Currys slip through the cracks

hotpotato1092
02-22-2009, 06:51 PM
Seth and Stephen Curry are two of the most electric scorers in the country, and they go to Davidson and Liberty. How did they slip through the cracks, they should be at Duke or Kansas or UCLA right now. I could understand missing out on Steph but after watching him dominate the tourney last year why weren't the big schools looking more at Seth? They have an NBA pedigree, they're both fantastic players, and why isn't Seth at Davidson with Steph? Also, how did this happen?

ugadawgsfan17
02-22-2009, 06:54 PM
:shrug: The only reason I could think of is that Seth is skinny and came from a small, 3-A school

yboord028
02-22-2009, 06:59 PM
You can say this for alot of players, how did Edwin Ubiles fall to Siena? A 6' 7" combo guard/forward. UConn was interested in him, could of gone to a Big East school. But he decided he wanted to make an impact. Thats a big thing with some of the mid major schools you can make a name for yourself by being "the man". Just like Stephon Curry is.

As well the Currys may not have been highly touted prospects, star grading doesn't always translate to college basketball.

JHG722
02-22-2009, 07:01 PM
Steph wanted to play at Virginia Tech, like his dad, but VA Tech thought he was too small. They offered him a chance to be a walk on, but he declined that. I bet they feel like total morons now.

yboord028
02-22-2009, 07:03 PM
Steph wanted to play at Virginia Tech, like his dad, but VA Tech thought he was too small. They offered him a chance to be a walk on, but he declined that. I bet they feel like total morons now.

I don't think it would of been a great fit, honestly.

JHG722
02-22-2009, 07:13 PM
Who knows.

NYMetros
02-22-2009, 08:47 PM
You can say this for alot of players, how did Edwin Ubiles fall to Siena? A 6' 7" combo guard/forward. UConn was interested in him, could of gone to a Big East school. But he decided he wanted to make an impact. Thats a big thing with some of the mid major schools you can make a name for yourself by being "the man". Just like Stephon Curry is.

As well the Currys may not have been highly touted prospects, star grading doesn't always translate to college basketball.

I would say that is the main reason. Why fight for playing time at a big time basketball school when you can guarantee yourself a starting spot at a smaller basketball school? More opportunity for him to showcase his talent.

Also, I think it depends on where they played their high school ball. Maybe they came from a HS that isn't known for bringing up basketball players.

Wake's Fastball
02-23-2009, 01:08 PM
Seth didn't want to play in college with his brother... wanted his own name.

Kyle N.
02-23-2009, 01:33 PM
Some people just slip through. Also, I agree with his chance to be the main man on the team. Maybe on a bigger team he wouldn't have developed properly. But once you get to the NBA it doesn't matter where you came from. If you can play, you can play.

kwstriker299
02-23-2009, 05:04 PM
Seth also said he had a better chance to start immediately at Liberty rather than come off of the bench at Davidson