02-22-2009, 05:34 PM
Lock this thread please.

Leafsleeve
02-22-2009, 05:39 PM
he should have been an allstar

BALLER71
Totally thread worthy.
How is 11 PPG all-star worthy? Please explain.

lorenz00
this guy is overrated lolz.

carter15
02-22-2009, 05:40 PM
a lot of guys get career highs..

prodigy
02-22-2009, 05:43 PM
I wish I was PG for boston. It would be so easy. Just make open layups.

Leafsleeve
02-22-2009, 05:47 PM
Totally thread worthy.
How is 11 PPG all-star worthy? Please explain.

Oh I forgot it's all about points my bad

_Sn1P3r_
02-22-2009, 05:48 PM
Great for my fantasy team, but this should be in the Boston forums.

carter15
02-22-2009, 05:56 PM

well he averages lik 6 assists and 5 rebounds so overall its still not all star worthy.

he has all star worthy GAMES...but he doesnt do it consistently.

prodigy
02-22-2009, 05:58 PM

all-star game kinda is sadly. Fans wanna see 134-127 games, not 87-83 games.

NYKnickFanatic
02-22-2009, 06:00 PM
Damn, the other night Wilson Chandler had his career high. Should have made a thread...:rolleyes:

Faneik
02-22-2009, 06:00 PM
Great for my fantasy team, but this should be in the Boston forums.

ah ha. i have him too.:up:

More-Than-Most
02-22-2009, 06:01 PM
Barbosa had 41-7-7-6 the other night and no thread anywhere... rondo goes for 30 something and people are quick to talk about it because its boston... What a joke.

prodigy
02-22-2009, 06:02 PM
chandler should have been in the all-star game.

we don't really know how good rondo is. Lets be real, Rondo's job is not that hard. Most PGs in this leauge would look great on the celtics.

NYMetros
02-22-2009, 06:02 PM
Had to go play well on his B-Day.

KmB728
02-22-2009, 06:07 PM
chandler should have been in the all-star game.

we don't really know how good rondo is. Lets be real, Rondo's job is not that hard. Most PGs in this leauge would look great on the celtics.

im so ****in tired of comments like this
:mad:

Hawkeye15
02-22-2009, 06:08 PM
I like Rondo, but if your career high is 30, and you play the minutes he gets, you need to get into the gym man

NYKnickFanatic
02-22-2009, 06:08 PM

Why? Truth hurts?

KmB728
02-22-2009, 06:15 PM
all the sarcastic comments... i mean just give the guy credit

BullsNumber1Fan
02-22-2009, 06:26 PM
all the sarcastic comments... i mean just give the guy credit

Then you should give Derrick Rose some credit while you are at it because he is getting 17 ppg/6.5 apg/4 rpg while battling for minutes against another good PG in Hinrich and having to carry his team. I mean I guess he should've been an All-Star too.:rolleyes:

gcoll
02-22-2009, 06:29 PM
Usually perimeter players get their career highs against the Suns. It used to be the interior guys, but we went out and got Shaq....used to get burned by the bigs, now we get burned by the littles.

Rondo is overrated. He can't shoot, and he can't pass. He's quick and he can hit a layup...which is good, but he's not a premiere point guard. He's a career 63% free throw shooter for Christ's sake. That's embarrassing.

BTownTeamsRKing
02-22-2009, 06:34 PM
Great game by Rondo. one of the smartest players to play for Boston. to think hes only 23. the future is verrryyy bright for young Rajon Rondo.

IDB Josh M
02-22-2009, 06:36 PM
Usually perimeter players get their career highs against the Suns. It used to be the interior guys, but we went out and got Shaq....used to get burned by the bigs, now we get burned by the littles.

Rondo is overrated. He can't shoot, and he can't pass. He's quick and he can hit a layup...which is good, but he's not a premiere point guard. He's a career 63% free throw shooter for Christ's sake. That's embarrassing.

Give credit where credit is due, even from a Laker fan, I think the little prick can pass. But, anybody can pass to the big three and make assists.

But he did score alot today. I will give him that. Maybe he's getting better!

Leafsleeve
02-22-2009, 06:36 PM

Dude he can't pass???? he is overrated?? the guy is one of the best perimeter defenders in the nba. He doesn't need to be a shooter with Pierce Allen and Garnett. That was just a dumb *** statement.

Leafsleeve
02-22-2009, 06:38 PM
He will be an all star for years to come.

JJ81
02-22-2009, 06:40 PM
Barbosa had 41-7-7-6 the other night and no thread anywhere... rondo goes for 30 something and people are quick to talk about it because its boston... What a joke.

I didn't watch the game where Barbosa scored 41. I did watch this game where Rondo got his career high, so I posted about it. If you're not interested in the thread, dont post. If nobody was interested, then this thread would be off the first page in no time but you're keeping it here, so don't complain about it.

Torque
02-22-2009, 06:40 PM
I don't get hows this is thread worthy in the NBA forum? Move it to the Celtics, no one cares about Rondo, its not like he had 60 points.

VCaintdead17
02-22-2009, 06:42 PM
Rondo is the best point guard in the NBA now.

Come on, was this thread needed?

:pity:

Leafsleeve
02-22-2009, 06:43 PM
I don't get hows this is thread worthy in the NBA forum? Move it to the Celtics, no one cares about Rondo, its not like he had 60 points.

Obviously some people like Rondo if you don't like the thread don't read it.

Lakers09
02-22-2009, 06:49 PM
rondo is way overrated

gcoll
02-22-2009, 06:51 PM
Dude he can't pass???? he is overrated?? the guy is one of the best perimeter defenders in the nba. He doesn't need to be a shooter with Pierce Allen and Garnett. That was just a dumb *** statement.

Yes. He can't pass, and he's overrated.

If you're a point guard in the NBA...you need to be able to kill people with your range. If they give you room, you need to be able to make them pay. Rondo can't do that. He can't even hit free throws.

He doesn't need to be a shooter? Yes he does. If you want to claim he's gonna be an all star for years to come...he needs to be able to hit a jump shot.

He's a poor man's version of Tony Parker.

And, it's great that he got his career high....but it was only 30 points....I don't see how that is a big deal.

magichatnumber9
02-22-2009, 06:54 PM
I wish I was PG for boston. It would be so easy. Just make open layups.

yeah its easy when the team plays no defense. I hope rondo never makes an allstar so he can have that permanent chip. Boston is not the town for show boats and Madonna's, its about winning in my house.

Leafsleeve
02-22-2009, 06:54 PM
You don't need **** to be an allstar, pretty sad you just have to be popular. He's the starting point on the NBA CHAMPS he can't be to bad.

gcoll
02-22-2009, 06:57 PM
You don't need **** to be an allstar, pretty sad you just have to be popular. He's the starting point on the NBA CHAMPS he can't be to bad.

He's not bad. He's just not great. The "he'll be an all star for years to come" implies that he's some kind of elite player, which he is not. He is a decent point guard.

Lakers4ItAll
02-22-2009, 06:58 PM
worthless thread

magichatnumber9
02-22-2009, 06:59 PM
Does this mean that Steve Nash is just a system point guard?

Leafsleeve
02-22-2009, 06:59 PM
Like Yao Ming he is a decent center but there i no way he should be an allstar, but china has so many damn people

Leafsleeve
02-22-2009, 07:00 PM
does this mean that steve nash is just a system point guard?

yes

gcoll
02-22-2009, 07:00 PM
Does this mean that Steve Nash is just a system point guard?

No...it means that Steve Nash is a bad defensive player.

yes
lol. Rajon Rondo can't hold Steve Nash's jock strap on the offensive end. Defensively...sure, Nash is weak there....but give me a break. You're gonna praise Rondo as an all star for year's to come...and insult Steve Nash.

Watch more basketball.

Like Yao Ming he is a decent center but there i no way he should be an allstar, but china has so many damn people
Rondo isn't Chinese...and Rondo isn't that popular.

magichatnumber9
02-22-2009, 07:02 PM
No...it means that Steve Nash is a bad defensive player.
Good Answer, you can be in my 5

magichatnumber9
02-22-2009, 07:05 PM
i'm sorry did anyone watch the same game I just did? Yeah it looked Like Steve Nash was wearing Rondo's jock strap (On his Head)

IDB Josh M
02-22-2009, 07:06 PM

It gives an opportunity for people who hate the Celtics and especially Rondo, an Equal time to tell how much they hate them. If you follow the rules properly, you don't go into the Boston Celtics forum to badmouth their team. If you go to the Boston forum, everyone is so brainwashed to loving the Celtics, they can't see the forest for the trees. (that's true in the Lakers forum too) But if you open up such a threat in the NBA forum, it opens it up to more fair and balanced debate.

You see, if you have a laker fan saying, "Rondo looks like a girl" ... the laker fan has ZERO credibility. However, when a fan of a non-title contention team says "Rondo is a little b-i-t-c-h" ... he has slightly more credibility.

*Sweats bullets*

jphxsuns
02-22-2009, 07:07 PM
not a big deal. i could drop 30 points on the suns

gcoll
02-22-2009, 07:08 PM
i'm sorry did anyone watch the same game I just did? Yeah it looked Like Steve Nash was wearing Rondo's jock strap (On his Head)

I said on the offensive end....

If Rondo ever comes close to averaging 18.8 and 10.5, or 18.6 and 11.6 I'll be ****ing shocked.

Not to mention Steve Nash is one of the best 3 point shooters, and best free throw shooters in the league. Rondo can hit a layup.

astrosmaniac
02-22-2009, 07:11 PM

He will be an all star for years to come.

these comments are why people bash on rondo. ill admit he can pass, but yes he is over ratted. if people said he was one of the better role players in the league it would be fine, but they say stuff like this. rondo is a good defender but he is not one of the best wing defenders. premiere guys are like artest, battier, kobe, wallace, etc. rondo is good, but hes not on their level. and rondo would be better suited if he was a shooter. with double teams on garnett, pierce or allen, hes wide open. give a guy who can hit the 3 more consitantly than rondo (aaron brooks is just one guy that comes to mind) it would suit him better cause he could just catch and shoot. rondo cant take full advantage of that cause hes not a great shooter. what he said was not "a dumb *** statement". what was a dumb *** statement was saying rondo will be an allstar for years to come. at his peak he might be an allstar if he eventually develops a better jumper, but there is nothing right now that shows he will be an allstar for years to come

plus i dont care that this thread was made, but its 30 points, it belongs in the celtics forum, in the main forum it just incites arguments and clutters the forum

astrosmaniac
02-22-2009, 07:15 PM

yes because commanding triple teams in the paint and averaging 22+ and 10 + per game with 1.5 blocks a game while shooting in the high 80s % from the the FT line is totally not allstar worthy but 11 PPG, 5 assists and 6 rebounds is? plz man you have no credibility

Leafsleeve
02-22-2009, 07:15 PM
these comments are why people bash on rondo. ill admit he can pass, but yes he is over ratted. if people said he was one of the better role players in the league it would be fine, but they say stuff like this. rondo is a good defender but he is not one of the best wing defenders. premiere guys are like artest, battier, kobe, wallace, etc. rondo is good, but hes not on their level. and rondo would be better suited if he was a shooter. with double teams on garnett, pierce or allen, hes wide open. give a guy who can hit the 3 more consitantly than rondo (aaron brooks is just one guy that comes to mind) it would suit him better cause he could just catch and shoot. rondo cant take full advantage of that cause hes not a great shooter. what he said was not "a dumb *** statement". what was a dumb *** statement was saying rondo will be an allstar for years to come. at his peak he might be an allstar if he eventually develops a better jumper, but there is nothing right now that shows he will be an allstar for years to come

plus i dont care that this thread was made, but its 30 points, it belongs in the celtics forum, in the main forum it just incites arguments and clutters the forum

I wasn't aware that you can double team pierce allen amd garnett all @ the same time. He doesn't need a jump shot to be an all star, and don't even tell me Tony Parker has one because he doesn't, and if he does it is far from consistent

gcoll
02-22-2009, 07:16 PM
if people said he was one of the better role players in the league it would be fine
There you go.

He's a great role player, on a great team.

at his peak he might be an allstar if he eventually develops a better jumper, but there is nothing right now that shows he will be an allstar for years to come
Look at his competition in the coming years, just from the East.

Mo Williams, Devon Harris, Derrick Rose, Jameer Nelson....I'm sure I'm forgetting someone. But if Rondo's going to be an all star point guard for "years to come" you have to assume that he'll outplay all of these guys, which I don't see happening.

Leafsleeve
02-22-2009, 07:17 PM
yes because commanding triple teams in the paint and averaging 22+ and 10 + per game with 1.5 blocks a game while shooting in the high 80s % from the the FT line is totally not allstar worthy but 11 PPG, 5 assists and 6 rebounds is? plz man you have no credibility

Yao should average about 35 20 and 3, he is so overrated it is disgusting

gcoll
02-22-2009, 07:17 PM
and don't even tell me Tony Parker has one because he doesn't, and if he does it is far from consistent
Right. Which is why Rajon Rondo is a poor man's version of Tony Parker at this point.

Except Tony Parker consistently averages around 18-20 points. A few less assists than Rondo though.

astrosmaniac
02-22-2009, 07:18 PM
I wasn't aware that you can double team pierce allen amd garnett all @ the same time. He doesn't need a jump shot to be an all star, and don't even tell me Tony Parker has one because he doesn't, and if he does it is far from consistent

i said garnett, allen, or pierce. if any of them are double teamed then he will be open, and if your open you need to be able to hit a jump shot. do you know the fundamentals of basketball?

Leafsleeve
02-22-2009, 07:19 PM
There you go.

He's a great role player, on a great team.

Look at his competition in the coming years, just from the East.

Mo Williams, Devon Harris, Derrick Rose, Jameer Nelson....I'm sure I'm forgetting someone. But if Rondo's going to be an all star point guard for "years to come" you have to assume that he'll outplay all of these guys, which I don't see happening.

These guys all have had one good year so far. This year!

showtym24
Seems like everytime rondo does something good people on here make a thread about it.

JJ81

Yao Ming is the best center in the West...

Torque
Obviously some people like Rondo if you don't like the thread don't read it.

Yeah, those people are Celtic fans, thats why this belongs in the Celtics forum.

astrosmaniac
02-22-2009, 07:20 PM

dont even bring that **** in here. his height is actually a disadvantage. if you look at his arms after a game, he has tons of bruises, and scratch marks where he gets pounded on all game and doesnt get the calls

and even if he is overrated (which hes not by the way) how are his numbers not allstar worthy while you claim that rondos are?

Leafsleeve
02-22-2009, 07:21 PM
i said garnett, allen, or pierce. if any of them are double teamed then he will be open, and if your open you need to be able to hit a jump shot. do you know the fundamentals of basketball?

Yes I do and when they double off of Rondo he drives the lane and collapses the defense. Leaving somone open. Fundamentals my friend, there they are.

gcoll
02-22-2009, 07:22 PM

So...unless Yao Ming is the greatest player of all time, he's overrated?

He should average more points than Wilt Chamberlain, Michael Jordan, and Kareem?

You = no credibility on the subject of basketball.

Yes I do and when they double off of Rondo he drives the lane and collapses the defense. Leaving somone open. Fundamentals my friend, there they are.
Fundamentals are not Rondo's strong suit. His strength is his quickness, his fundamentals aren't all that strong. Hence why he can't hit a free throw, or a jumper.

About his passing. He can kick it out to a jump shooter, or spoon feed someone a dunk on a break away (I've seen him do this a bunch of times)...but he can't create like the pass first point guards of the league. His speed and his driving ability create shots though.

Like everyone's been saying. He's a great role player, not an elite point guard.

Hawkeye15
02-22-2009, 07:22 PM

Al Jefferson just called, and reminded you that he plays center. Unless you are talking about today, then yes, its Yao

astrosmaniac
02-22-2009, 07:23 PM

yes but in the time it takes to drive into the lane a kick out, a good defensive team like cleveland could recover in time to counter. if you had a shooter at PG, he could take the shot immediately and uncontested

Leafsleeve
02-22-2009, 07:24 PM

Shaq is.

S2krollin
02-22-2009, 07:24 PM
How is Rondo overrated if there never talking about him? And as for the guy who said Yao should be avging 35/20/3, can you please tell me the last time somone has avged those numbers?

gcoll
02-22-2009, 07:28 PM
How is Rondo overrated if there never talking about him?
Read this thread.

Listen to announcers on Celtics games.

Leafsleeve
02-22-2009, 07:29 PM
35/20/3 is a complete joke

astrosmaniac
02-22-2009, 07:29 PM
Shaq is.

you just gave me a good laugh

gcoll
02-22-2009, 07:30 PM
35/20/3 is a complete joke

You can tell it's a great joke, when nobody gets it and you just make yourself look like an imbecile, and basketball illiterate.

Leafsleeve
02-22-2009, 07:30 PM
Read this thread.

A lot of people on espn said he should have been considered for the all star game. He would have been a lot more exciting then Mo williams

S2krollin
02-22-2009, 07:31 PM
Mo> Rondo

astrosmaniac
02-22-2009, 07:32 PM
A lot of people on espn said he should have been considered for the all star game. He would have been a lot more exciting then Mo williams

exciting doesnt equal better, which is what mo williams is

Leafsleeve
02-22-2009, 07:32 PM
You can tell it's a great joke, when nobody gets it and you just make yourself look like an imbecile, and basketball illiterate.

Dude chill the **** out its people like you that ruin forums

gcoll
02-22-2009, 07:33 PM
A lot of people on espn said he should have been considered for the all star game.
ESPN is not a good source.

They just grovel at the foot of whichever team is winning. There were analysts on ESPN claiming that Mo Williams deserved to be an all star more than Danny Granger because the Cavs were a better team.

ESPN = mass market bull ****, designed to appeal to 12-15 year olds who don't know sports anyway.

Dude chill the **** out its people like you that ruin forums
It's massive homers like you that ruin conversations about sports.

Also, I'm chill. I'm perfectly calm. And, I can back up my arguments...which is something you haven't done yet.

Leafsleeve
02-22-2009, 07:35 PM
exciting doesnt equal better, which is what mo williams is

I agree Mo is better

GoatMilk
02-22-2009, 07:37 PM
does Rondo own this website?
I swear every time he does something he gets a thread lol

Kakaroach
02-22-2009, 07:37 PM
Mo > Rondo
You have to remember Rondo has the big 3. He is one of those guys that has to be surrounded by superstars in order to be good.

Leafsleeve
02-22-2009, 07:41 PM
ESPN is not a good source.

They just grovel at the foot of whichever team is winning. There were analysts on ESPN claiming that Mo Williams deserved to be an all star more than Danny Granger because the Cavs were a better team.

ESPN = mass market bull ****, designed to appeal to 12-15 year olds who don't know sports anyway.

It's massive homers like you that ruin conversations about sports.

Also, I'm chill. I'm perfectly calm. And, I can back up my arguments...which is something you haven't done yet.

Dude you havent backed up ****, everything is an opinion. Saying espn is mass market bull shows me you are a ****ing moron

Kakaroach
02-22-2009, 07:42 PM
If ESPN is BS, I wonder why it is the leading sports broadcaster and has been around for a long and thriving time...

gcoll
02-22-2009, 07:43 PM
Saying espn is mass market bull shows me you are a ****ing moron
ESPN is to sports, as MTV is to music.

If ESPN is BS, I wonder why it is the leading sports broadcaster and has been around for a long and thriving time
Because it's mass market. Like Michael Bay. Michael Bay's films are successful, but they still suck.

astrosmaniac
02-22-2009, 07:45 PM
ESPN is to sports, as MTV is to music.

Because it's mass market. Like Michael Bay. Michael Bay's films are successful, but they still suck.

exactly

Ni55anpat
02-22-2009, 07:46 PM
Get Jay Williams outta retirement....put him as a starting PG for the Celtics.

MVP BABAY

gcoll
02-22-2009, 07:47 PM
exactly

Which is why ESPN beats off to Shaq/Kobe and Yankees/Red Sox 24 hours nonstop, meanwhile showing a 12 second highlight of a game.

And then sometimes they try and pretend like they are an actual news station. Covering things like the Duke rape case, or having a forum on race when Michael Vick was busted for killing dogs......that is extremely annoying.

And then you got those afternoon shows. Jim Rome, Around the Horn, and PTI...where the contest seems to be between who can be the most obnoxious and least informative about sports. I recall on an episode of PTI a couple years ago....neither of them knew which team Brandon Webb played for.

JayW_1023
02-22-2009, 07:53 PM
He is only going to get better...when he gets a jump shot he'll be more consistent and definately an all star caliber player.

Frrrrank!!!
02-22-2009, 08:20 PM
Rondo threads!!!!

PSD:love:Rondo

nd4T.O.
02-22-2009, 08:37 PM
any pg in the NBA and could do what he does put up 10 or 11 points a game and dish it to Pierce or Allen or when healthy KG

Nighthawk
02-22-2009, 08:48 PM
any pg in the NBA and could do what he does put up 10 or 11 points a game and dish it to Pierce or Allen or when healthy KG

GOTTA LOVE THIS EXCUSE!! LOL....If Rondo played for this dudes team his opinion would change in a heartbeat. Clowns who call themselves" basketball fans" lol

nd4T.O.
02-22-2009, 08:52 PM
read the thread bro only boston fans are sticking up for him...must be hard to put up 10 or 12 and dish to 3 future hall of famers haha

bostncelts34
02-22-2009, 09:00 PM

so not true. lol

And do you notice, when one of the big 3 is out. Rondo gets more shots.

Hes averaging something like 22 ppg, 9 assist and 4 rebounds when they are missing 1 of the big 3. So all you people who say "hes only good because of the team". i completely dissagree. Rondo is what makes this team go IMO. Very efficient PG. Not saying hes an all star, but a VERY VERY efficient PG that any team would love to have.

NYKnickFanatic
02-22-2009, 09:03 PM
Ok.

Rondo got a career high, 32 points. YAYYYYYY

:clap:

Can we close/move thread now?

nd4T.O.
02-22-2009, 09:05 PM
this is bc hes getting KG's shots...im not sayin hes a scrub just not a allstar or great like 98 percent of Boston fans are trying to say

Second City
02-22-2009, 09:17 PM
Wow you people really love to suck this guy's dick, don't you. This is a joke of a thread... :pity:

astrosmaniac
02-22-2009, 09:19 PM
so not true. lol

Hes averaging something like 22 ppg, 9 assist and 4 rebounds when they are missing 1 of the big 3. So all you people who say "hes only good because of the team". i completely dissagree. Rondo is what makes this team go IMO. Very efficient PG. Not saying hes an all star, but a VERY VERY efficient PG that any team would love to have.

see, i have no problem with saying this, this is a very true statement. hes good, just no the 2nd coming of john stockton like some celtics fans seem to make him out to be

Mr_Peabody
02-22-2009, 09:24 PM
read the thread bro only boston fans are sticking up for him...must be hard to put up 10 or 12 and dish to 3 future hall of famers haha

you are ******** and have no credibiltity for your statements, you obviously dont watch the celtics enough to see how good rondo is, and I am not a celtics fan, I am a nuggets and Bulls fan.

so not true. lol

This is proof how good he can be. Watching him today against the Suns should be more than enough proof that rondo is a great pg in the nba, and delivers for his team even when his all-stars cant.

greg_ory_2005
02-22-2009, 09:38 PM
The Suns aren't exactly the best defensive team in the world. Not to mention that I don't think Steve Nash understands what the word "defense" means.

I'll give him some credit though, he had a good game.

NYKnickFanatic
02-22-2009, 09:39 PM
Wow you people really love to suck this guy's dick, don't you. This is a joke of a thread... :pity:

x2. :clap:

b_rad23
02-22-2009, 09:44 PM
Nash's defense + quick guy= open looks all game. He's quick and decent. He gets more hype than other young players who are much better though.

69centers
02-22-2009, 09:48 PM
Unless anyone in here can name 1 player in the past 5 years who has had a triple double while playing alongside 3 Hall of Famers in the same starting line-up, everyone should stop saying Rondo threads aren't worthy.

Also, please can someone name the last time someone had at least a 19/15/14 triple double? You'd be hard pressed to come up with a name in recent years who has had a triple double with at least 14 in each stat. I bet you same people were saying the thread about that game wasn't NBA worthy either, right?

The Rondo threads aren't worthy crap needs to stop. He's in the NBA, and had another great game. If you don't want to talk about it in the NBA thread, don't post here. It's mostly fans of teams like the Knicks and Lakers who just love to hate the Celtics.

JJ81
02-22-2009, 09:52 PM
Read this thread.

"Celtics games", who do you expect them to be talking about? Golden State's roster?:rolleyes:

JJ81
02-22-2009, 09:54 PM
Shaq is.

Not any more.

Cainstv28
02-22-2009, 10:09 PM
there are just sooo many people that love rondo and sooo many people who love to hate rondo. its pretty ridiculous, as katt williams says, " if you have 14 people hating on you, you better find a way to get to 16 before the summer ends." well thats not the direct quote but its a little toned down but u get the gist of it..

Duncan = Donkey
02-22-2009, 11:10 PM
that nash's defense..lol

astrosmaniac
02-22-2009, 11:47 PM
Unless anyone in here can name 1 player in the past 5 years who has had a triple double while playing alongside 3 Hall of Famers in the same starting line-up, everyone should stop saying Rondo threads aren't worthy.

Also, please can someone name the last time someone had at least a 19/15/14 triple double? You'd be hard pressed to come up with a name in recent years who has had a triple double with at least 14 in each stat. I bet you same people were saying the thread about that game wasn't NBA worthy either, right?

The Rondo threads aren't worthy crap needs to stop. He's in the NBA, and had another great game. If you don't want to talk about it in the NBA thread, don't post here. It's mostly fans of teams like the Knicks and Lakers who just love to hate the Celtics.

1st of all this has nothing to do with his triple doubles. this has to do with scoring 32 points. nate robinson scored 35 the other night did we get a thread about that?i bet if aaron brooks scored 32 no one would make a thread in here. he scored a career high 32, yay, go move this thread to the celtics forum, no need for it in the general nba forum

albertc86
02-22-2009, 11:49 PM
Putting up a career high in points against Nash isn't all that difficult.

69centers
02-22-2009, 11:51 PM
1st of all this has nothing to do with his triple doubles. this has to do with scoring 32 points. nate robinson scored 35 the other night did we get a thread about that?i bet if aaron brooks scored 32 no one would make a thread in here. he scored a career high 32, yay, go move this thread to the celtics forum, no need for it in the general nba forum

Well, it wasn't just Rondo. How about the backcourt tandem of the C's both putting up 30. Has any other backcourt done it this year? Can't be many, if any have. That's NBA thread worthy.

Heck, go to NBA.com or ESPN.com or watch ESPN tonight. They'll all be mentioning Rondo, but this sports forum can't? I guess they don't know their sports though, huh, and they're all Boston biased? :pity:

astrosmaniac
02-22-2009, 11:57 PM
Well, it wasn't just Rondo. How about the backcourt tandem of the C's both putting up 30. Has any other backcourt done it this year? Can't be many, if any have. That's NBA thread worthy.

Heck, go to NBA.com or ESPN.com or watch ESPN tonight. They'll all be mentioning Rondo, but this sports forum can't? I guess they don't know their sports though, huh, and they're all Boston biased? :pity:

do you really not realize that ESPN are all over the dicks of boston and new york and LA teams? they could spend all day talking about shaq and kobes relationship, but they wont spend 20 seconds on a high light from the bucks or the twolves or the rockets or the jazz. its rediculous

and okay, if thats the first time a backcourt has scored 30 each in one night, make a thread about that, not how 1 player scored a high of 32 points. thats not thread worthy in the main nba forum. its thread worthy in that teams forum

prodigy
02-22-2009, 11:57 PM

By no means am I bashing rondo. The kid has alot of talent. But when you play with 3 hall-of-famers all you really have to do is pass and make layups.

kingkobe
02-22-2009, 11:58 PM
I think we can say that Rondo has officially taken MJ's crown of the GOAT. And I think we all know which MJ I am talking about.

With all these threads and attention that Rondo gets here it'll be a shame if he we don't consider him the G.O.A.T.

Hail Rondo!!

Venomous88
02-22-2009, 11:59 PM
I agree with this.

astrosmaniac
02-22-2009, 11:59 PM
i smell a baiting ban

nd4T.O.
02-23-2009, 12:01 AM
By no means am I bashing rondo. The kid has alot of talent. But when you play with 3 hall-of-famers all you really have to do is pass and make layups.

thankyou

bostncelts34
02-23-2009, 12:09 AM
thankyou

i dont understand the "3 hall of famers makes it easy" comment.

Why is rondo's stats ALL UP when one of the big 3 are out? hmm interesting. lol

kingkobe
02-23-2009, 12:12 AM
I think Devin Harris is a much better player. He's averaging >20ppg while playing with a bunch of no namers and Carter who is averaging his lowest numbers ever this year.

What he has become after leaving Dallas is called improvement not what Rondo is doing. 21.5ppg and 6.5 apg. Now thats pretty awesome.

bostncelts34
02-23-2009, 12:17 AM
I think Devin Harris is a much better player. He's averaging >20ppg while playing with a bunch of no namers and Carter who is averaging his lowest numbers ever this year.

What he has become after leaving Dallas is called improvement not what Rondo is doing. 21.5ppg and 6.5 apg. Now thats pretty awesome.

You cant just look at stats man. Holw many shots does harris take a game compared to rondo? i bet its doubled.

bagwell368
02-23-2009, 12:35 AM
Putting up a career high in points against Nash isn't all that difficult.

Rondo tends to have his best games against the big names in the NBA, go look it up.

Assuming you guys believe Basketball.reference stats, here are some for you:

Offensive top 20:

Field Goal %: 19th - .506
Assists: 3rd - 472

Defense top 20:

Steals: 4th - 112
Defensive Win Shares: 4th
Defensive Rating: 5th

Overall:

Win Shares 11th

Oh yeah, today is his 23rd birthday. He's clearly into the top 10 of point guards now, but not in the top 5. Check back in three years.

cardinals1226
02-23-2009, 12:37 AM
Is there a reason a thread is created every time Rondo has a double-double? This is getting pretty old. Fans are really starting to overrate him and it's a shame because he's a good young PG.

Nighthawk
02-23-2009, 02:20 AM
Is there a reason a thread is created every time Rondo has a double-double? This is getting pretty old. Fans are really starting to overrate him and it's a shame because he's a good young PG.

PLEASE!!! All the threads in the world can be about Rondo and he still wont get respect. He keeps burning the NBA's "best" nightly yet he isnt a top guard? How many other pgs have had a Triple double? How about 2? Something tells RONDO has another or 2 left in this season as well. Rondo is faaaaaar from overrated trust me. But just because he ONLY averages 11 ppg doesnt mean he hes garbage. Some of you amaze me.

gcoll
02-23-2009, 02:27 AM
Rondo tends to have his best games against the big names in the NBA, go look it up.
Steve Nash is not what you would call a defensive stopper.

He keeps burning the NBA's "best" nightly yet he isnt a top guard?
He's averaging 11 and 8. Good numbers, but not elite point guard territory.

But just because he ONLY averages 11 ppg doesnt mean he hes garbage. Some of you amaze me.
Nobody said he was garbage.

He's a great role player, but not quite elite point guard territory....yet. He could get there, who knows.

If he added a jump shot, he could score well over 11 points a game....that's the main thing holding his game back. His jump shot, and his passing ability. He's a decent passer....but it's not his strong suit. Hence the fake behind the back....gun it into the third row for no apparent reason.

Also. Just as a general point. Defenses don't focus on Rondo.

RodmansBulls
02-23-2009, 02:27 AM
Rondo is a joke, i would choose Jordan Farmer over him. I don't have much respect, for a guy that can only make layups.

DaaBoTownSox
02-23-2009, 02:35 AM
30 points on 12-16 shooting along with 9 assists and 3 steals.

And it's only the end of the third

Yet he is still overrated most would say.

Just give him another year or 2 to learn more and improve, you'll see..

gcoll
02-23-2009, 02:37 AM
Yet he is still overrated most would say.
If you're going to claim that he's a very good role player....no.

If you're going to claim that he's an elite point guard....yes.

Just give him another year or 2 to learn more and improve, you'll see
He needs a jump shot.

DaaBoTownSox
02-23-2009, 02:37 AM
Rondo is a joke, i would choose Jordan Farmer over him. I don't have much respect, for a guy that can only make layups.

Oh, so he can't play any D, right?

DaaBoTownSox
02-23-2009, 02:38 AM
If you're going to claim that he's a very good role player....no.

If you're going to claim that he's an elite point guard....yes.

I don't quite think he is elite yet, but give him another year or 2 and he'll be there.

gcoll
02-23-2009, 02:42 AM
I don't quite think he is elite yet, but give him another year or 2 and he'll be there.
He could probably become another version of Tony Parker.

That's the mold he's in. He seriously needs to cut it out with the fake behind the back **** though.

A pretty behind the back pass = way more pretty, and way more effective than a fake behind the back maneuver.

The thing that set me off in this thread was that one fella claiming that Rondo would be an all star "for years to come" meanwhile dismissing Steve Nash as nothing more than a "system point guard"...that irked me.

Nighthawk
02-23-2009, 02:43 AM
Steve Nash is not what you would call a defensive stopper.

He's averaging 11 and 8. Good numbers, but not elite point guard territory.

Nobody said he was garbage.

He's a great role player, but not quite elite point guard territory....yet. He could get there, who knows.

If he added a jump shot, he could score well over 11 points a game....that's the main thing holding his game back. His jump shot, and his passing ability. He's a decent passer....but it's not his strong suit. Hence the fake behind the back....gun it into the third row for no apparent reason.

Also. Just as a general point. Defenses don't focus on Rondo.

Added a jumpshot? Is he reggie miller...NO...Not close but this whole jumpshot thing is out of control.

Ill say this...Chris Paul is considered elite...Hes Great i know it..He is known for making his teammates better...WHY?? because his teammates are all below average to average and he has to step it up. If CP3 came and played with the BIG 3 would be make them better? These 3 future hall of famers? Or would he be just making a few buckets and handing it off to the the stars. Rondo on a "crappy team" would have waaay better stats. With lesser talent he would be "making them better". However as it stand he just happens to be the man running the whole damn show for the defending champs. Im done defending Rondo. hes the man

DaaBoTownSox
02-23-2009, 02:49 AM

That's the mold he's in. He seriously needs to cut it out with the fake behind the back **** though.

A pretty behind the back pass = way more pretty, and way more effective than a fake behind the back maneuver.

The thing that set me off in this thread was that one fella claiming that Rondo would be an all star "for years to come" meanwhile dismissing Steve Nash as nothing more than a "system point guard"...that irked me.

Yeah, same with the extra passes. He needs to just shoot it more. Those fancy behind the back passes fooled guys for a little while, but it isn't working anymore.

gcoll
02-23-2009, 02:56 AM
Added a jumpshot? Is he reggie miller...NO...Not close but this whole jumpshot thing is out of control.
Rondo is one of the worst free throw shooters in the league....he's a point guard.

If CP3 came and played with the BIG 3 would be make them better?
Yes. Did you watch CP3 in the all star game? He took over. See....bringing up Chris Paul's name in a conversation about Rondo is what leads people to the "overrated" claim.

Rondo on a "crappy team" would have waaay better stats.
Rondo on a "crappy team" as a rookie averaged 6 and 4. But he was just a rookie. So I won't put too much stock in that. It sometimes takes point guards a little while to mature.

However, your basic premise is flawed. A point guard on a crappier team, puts up crappier stats. Especially in the assist department. look at Nash's stats from his last year in Dallas, to his first year in Phx. His point totals stayed relatively the same but his assists jumped up by about 3 per game. His ft%, fg%, and 3p% all stayed relatively constant.

So...Rondo on a crappier team might average something like 13 and 6.

mjt20mik
02-23-2009, 03:15 AM
Rondo is one of the worst free throw shooters in the league....he's a point guard.

Yes. Did you watch CP3 in the all star game? He took over. See....bringing up Chris Paul's name in a conversation about Rondo is what leads people to the "overrated" claim.

Rondo on a "crappy team" as a rookie averaged 6 and 4. But he was just a rookie. So I won't put too much stock in that. It sometimes takes point guards a little while to mature.

However, your basic premise is flawed. A point guard on a crappier team, puts up crappier stats. Especially in the assist department. look at Nash's stats from his last year in Dallas, to his first year in Phx. His point totals stayed relatively the same but his assists jumped up by about 3 per game. His ft%, fg%, and 3p% all stayed relatively constant.

Thank You!

By the way shouldn't this be in the Celtic's Forum.

Frrrrank!!!
02-23-2009, 03:29 AM
To me( a Celtics fan) Rondo is an above average point guard in the NBA. He does a very good job at running the show for a championship team and deciding who gets what looks.

Rondo has a good deal of potential, but it all hangs on his jump shot. He has shown flashes of hitting a jumper on a consistant basis, going for a few games. But he isn't there yet, he gets his points on pure speed and quickness which is fine because it obviously hasn't hurt the C's too bad, with winning the title and all.

If Rondo can develop a midrange jumper, I can then see him being a top 5 point guard in the NBA. Only time will tell.

holocaust227
02-23-2009, 03:40 AM
Poor Man's Version Of Tony Parker. We do think the same way.

gcoll
02-23-2009, 05:08 AM
To me( a Celtics fan) Rondo is an above average point guard in the NBA. He does a very good job at running the show for a championship team and deciding who gets what looks.

Rondo has a good deal of potential, but it all hangs on his jump shot. He has shown flashes of hitting a jumper on a consistant basis, going for a few games. But he isn't there yet, he gets his points on pure speed and quickness which is fine because it obviously hasn't hurt the C's too bad, with winning the title and all.

If Rondo can develop a midrange jumper, I can then see him being a top 5 point guard in the NBA. Only time will tell.

I'm quoting this because of how much sense it makes.

TMAC94
02-23-2009, 05:44 AM
gerald greens career high is 33 HAHAHAH so errr :)

Frrrrank!!!
02-23-2009, 08:17 AM
I'm quoting this because of how much sense it makes.

lol, thanks.

prodigy
02-23-2009, 08:48 AM
i dont understand the "3 hall of famers makes it easy" comment.

Why is rondo's stats ALL UP when one of the big 3 are out? hmm interesting. lol

Because with 2 hall-of-famers out there he is still getting open lanes and looks. But without garnett rondo does alittle more scoring.

prodigy
02-23-2009, 08:59 AM
mo williams has 19 20pt games including two 40 games.

rondo has seven 20pt games.

just saying.

SeoulBeatz
02-23-2009, 09:16 AM

this is BLASPHEMY! RONDO would be BETTER THAN Cp3 if u put him on the hornets! hell, he already IS BETTER!!!!! Future MVP, ill say so!

BTownTeamsRKing
02-23-2009, 09:54 AM
if u wanna prove Rondo's worth. honestly rank these PGs and actually think how would they fit in his role.

Rodney Stuckey
Rajon Rondo
Aaron Brooks
Derrick Rose
Russel Westbrook
TJ Ford
Devin Harris
Monte Ellis
Jameer Nelson

king4day
02-23-2009, 10:01 AM
While Rondo was impressive, the Suns helped him by drecting him to the basket using hand signals and arm flailing but 0 defense. I can't recall the last time I've seen so little defense on a player.
He's not the first to have a career high against us this year.
Also noteworthy was Scalabrine's season high in pts and the Celtics as a team.

Rondo reminded me a lot of Tony Parker in this game though. Once he develops his shot more, he's gonna be lethal.

king4day
02-23-2009, 10:03 AM
if u wanna prove Rondo's worth. honestly rank these PGs and actually think how would they fit in his role.

Rodney Stuckey
Rajon Rondo
Aaron Brooks
Derrick Rose
Russel Westbrook
TJ Ford
Devin Harris
Monte Ellis
Jameer Nelson

I'd put him top 3 maybe 4 in that list.
I still like Harris and Rose better. Ellis not sure about yet till he's healthy (he's more an SG than a PG though).

king4day
02-23-2009, 10:05 AM
this is BLASPHEMY! RONDO would be BETTER THAN Cp3 if u put him on the hornets! hell, he already IS BETTER!!!!! Future MVP, ill say so!

Not sure if ur serious or not but I really hope you aren't.
If you replaced Rondo with Paul (on the Celtics), they would probably have less than 5 losses right now. Rondo's good but only hardcore homers will say Rondo is better than Paul.

69centers
02-23-2009, 10:09 AM

I guess you missed the game yesterday and Rondo's "pretty" behind the back bounce pass, which ended up being passed around for a Ray Allen 3 pointer. He doesn't only do the fakes, but maybe you and others in this thread who are bashing him would know this if you watched him night in and night out.

I think that is the running theme here, everyone who is dismissing him just doesn't watch him enough, because if you did and if you were a keen NBA fan, you could see his talent.

Let's stop it with the "he's only averaging 11 and 8 so he's not an elite PG" crap. There isn't another PG who plays with 3 Hall of Famers who can average 20PPG. This makes his stats STAY LOW. He is not going to get the points that Devin Harris is going to get, because he has 3 huge scoring options who can create their own shots, and most of the time, do not need the assist.

CP3 has NO ONE around him who is even close to being a hall-of-famer, and I guarantee you if he was put on the Celtics, his assists and points would both drop. I'm not saying Rondo's better than CP3, just making a point that your stats will be hidden and lower when playing with the Big 3, not higher like everyone is thinking and saying it is so easy.

BTownTeamsRKing
02-23-2009, 11:09 AM
good point^ centers

JIDsanity
02-23-2009, 11:33 AM
I guess you missed the game yesterday and Rondo's "pretty" behind the back bounce pass, which ended up being passed around for a Ray Allen 3 pointer. He doesn't only do the fakes, but maybe you and others in this thread who are bashing him would know this if you watched him night in and night out.

I think that is the running theme here, everyone who is dismissing him just doesn't watch him enough, because if you did and if you were a keen NBA fan, you could see his talent.

Let's stop it with the "he's only averaging 11 and 8 so he's not an elite PG" crap. There isn't another PG who plays with 3 Hall of Famers who can average 20PPG. This makes his stats STAY LOW. He is not going to get the points that Devin Harris is going to get, because he has 3 huge scoring options who can create their own shots, and most of the time, do not need the assist.

CP3 has NO ONE around him who is even close to being a hall-of-famer, and I guarantee you if he was put on the Celtics, his assists and points would both drop. I'm not saying Rondo's better than CP3, just making a point that your stats will be hidden and lower when playing with the Big 3, not higher like everyone is thinking and saying it is so easy.

Assist to TO ratio. Real fg% when your not just getting lay-ups, because of everyone around you, not saying Rondo sucks, but you clearly overrate him. CP is on another level, and shouldn't be in the same sentence. Rondo is more like a TJ Ford.

Corey
02-23-2009, 12:23 PM
KG didn't even play, and Rondo still got to the hoop at will.

JayW_1023
02-23-2009, 12:48 PM
Because his value doesn't reflect the stats in my opinion that makes Rondo more underrated than overrated.

When he scores 18-plus and 5-plus assists...Bostons is undefeated I believe.

He is already one of the best if not THE best on the ball defender of his position. Give Rondo a consistent jump shot and he is without a doubt an All-star.

JJ81
02-23-2009, 01:01 PM
This is getting pathetic.

bostncelts34
02-23-2009, 01:04 PM
Because his value doesn't reflect the stats in my opinion that makes Rondo more underrated than overrated.

When he scores 18-plus and 5-plus assists...Bostons is undefeated I believe.

He is already one of the best if not THE best on the ball defender of his position. Give Rondo a consistent jump shot and he is without a doubt an All-star.

EXACTLY. Thank you.

You cannot compare him to other PG's because of the fact that he IS with 3 future HOF'ers. He doesnt take as many shots as Harris and such. He is the 4th scoring option on a great team.

Rondo is without a doubt what makes this team goes. He distributes the ball amazingly. He knows who to give the ball too and when (most the time). He knows when to pick his spots and drive to the hoop. Also, as you mentioned, one of the best on the ball defensive PG's in the league.

Once he develops a consistent jumper, he will be a top 3 or 4 pg. I mean, guys play 8 feet of him now to protect the drive, and he still uses his quickness to blow by them. Now, if he gets a jumper. HE will either have open jumpers all game, or if the defender gets up on him, be able to drive right by him.

Allstar now? no. But he has a VERY VERY bright future.

magichatnumber9
02-23-2009, 01:08 PM
Barbosa had 41-7-7-6 the other night and no thread anywhere... rondo goes for 30 something and people are quick to talk about it because its boston... What a joke. Stop it, this thread was started by a Lakers fan. Blame them not Boston

magichatnumber9
02-23-2009, 01:10 PM
This is getting pathetic. This guy right here started all of this, and now he is bating Celtics fans. This guy is a joke.

JayW_1023
02-23-2009, 01:15 PM
Lock this thread please.

Nice ninja edit.

JJ81
02-23-2009, 01:16 PM
This guy right here started all of this, and now he is bating Celtics fans. This guy is a joke.

"Started all of this". No. I stated that he got his career high on his birthday and that it was impressive, I didn't start all this **** about how good he is or how overrated he is or whether he's all-star material or something like that.:mad:

JayW_1023
02-23-2009, 01:21 PM
"Started all of this". No. I stated that he got his career high on his birthday and that it was impressive, I didn't start all this **** about how good he is or how overrated he is or whether he's all-star material or something like that.:mad:

It's okay...people start things coming out of nothing all the time...Laker fans and Celtics fans can't mesh no matter how well you mean it.

69centers
02-23-2009, 01:28 PM
Assist to TO ratio. Real fg% when your not just getting lay-ups, because of everyone around you, not saying Rondo sucks, but you clearly overrate him. CP is on another level, and shouldn't be in the same sentence. Rondo is more like a TJ Ford.

CP averages 4.2 minutes more per game than Rondo, yet only averages 2 more Assists Per Game than Rondo. Seems to me Rondo would be nearly even in assists if they played the same minutes. Rondo's also 4th in assists for PG's in the NBA right now. Being in the top 5 with CP can be considered "the same sentence".

greg_ory_2005
02-23-2009, 04:39 PM
I love reading these threads. So entertaining! :clap:

kingkobe
02-24-2009, 12:43 AM
Oh no Rondo almost got a triple double!! 14-8-8.

Rondo
8=======D-< all over me

I LOVE IT!!!

Kakaroach
02-24-2009, 12:44 AM
Threads about Celtics or Lakers always end up in arguments....

still1ballin
02-24-2009, 12:55 AM
oh no rondo almost got a triple double!! 14-8-8.

Rondo
8=======d-< all over me

i love it!!!

lmao

bagwell368
05-10-2010, 01:07 PM

You sure about that?

GSW Hoops
05-10-2010, 02:42 PM
I remember a few years ago when Gary Payton was trashing Rondo, saying he didn't deserve an NBA title ring, etc. Now Rondo's the best player on the team. I wonder what GP has to say about that :)

Sportfan
05-10-2010, 04:26 PM
What's with all the Rondo bumping threads Bags?