PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone see Moon's 3 alleys off of Wade?

HoopsDrive
02-22-2009, 02:50 PM
I remember so many times that Moon cut to the basket when he was coming to the corner of the 3pt line when he was a Raptor. Calderon sometimes threw that ball up to Moon but a lot of times he just didn't want to do it at all.

But with Wade, it's like it's automatic, he just throws it up there because he knows Moon is a flyer and can finish.

I just wish that we had done more of that with him when he was in TO because he had the ability to do it a couple of times a game. Moon had like 5 dunks in this game... this game recap link shows 3 of his dunks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_lG8Ojyafc

_Sn1P3r_
02-22-2009, 02:55 PM
That's what I'm saying, if Calderon had taken more risks and actually threw it up, I'm sure Moon would've got it. It's a shame we didn't use his athleticism to our advantage because Moon didn't know how to use it on his own.

DaoudS
02-22-2009, 02:57 PM
Moon cut to the basket often but stopped half way because no one could get him the alley oop. He will definitely get a couple a night from Wade getting doubled when he drives the lane.

I am picking Miami as the darkhorse in the east.

HoopsDrive
02-22-2009, 02:59 PM
I'm with you Sniper, we could of used his freakish athleticism much better and he could have used it on his own much better too.

Remember when Bibby said that the easiest assist of his entire career was throwing up random balls in the air for Smith? Moon may not be Smith but he's a flyer for a reason. If only Calderon could take some kind of risks in the game... so many opportunities.

DaoudS
02-22-2009, 03:00 PM
At the end of the day, Moon never looked to create his own shot and drive the lane. He did get open for alley oops that were often missed. Period.

HoopsDrive
02-22-2009, 03:01 PM
You can say that again... Calderon threw him the ball like 1 out of 15 cuts... damn, for a flyer that is really not utilizing him well.

LD V2.0
02-22-2009, 03:05 PM
That's what I'm saying, if Calderon had taken more risks and actually threw it up, I'm sure Moon would've got it. It's a shame we didn't use his athleticism to our advantage because Moon didn't know how to use it on his own.

It was just as much Moon's fault. The guy stopped being aggressive. He lost motivation. Now he's on a new team and suddenly has motivation. Doesn't this story play out with somebody year after year? The next part of the story will be next season sometime when the new buzz declines and he goes back to being what he was this season in Toronto, a lazy player.

HoopsDrive
02-22-2009, 03:11 PM
I agree with you when he had the ball he wasn't agressive at all this season. But Calderon almost never threw up a ball for Moon this season and Moon had like 15 of these cuts a game. He was always flailing his arms in frustration because he was so open and Calderon never threw the ball.

DaoudS
02-22-2009, 03:14 PM
We need to have a petition for Calderon to work out with AND1 tour players so he can learn to throw an alley oop

_Sn1P3r_
02-22-2009, 03:17 PM
It was just as much Moon's fault. The guy stopped being aggressive. He lost motivation. Now he's on a new team and suddenly has motivation. Doesn't this story play out with somebody year after year? The next part of the story will be next season sometime when the new buzz declines and he goes back to being what he was this season in Toronto, a lazy player.

I know it was also Moon's fault but he would've been motivated if he were getting some easy dunks. HE was frustrated that's why he settled more and more every time.

magikmc
02-22-2009, 03:38 PM
calm down, i highly doubt it will last. Do you not remember there was somebody named shawn marion on the heat that wasn't getting those alley-oops. Wade was just in the zone that game..... On a side note, i do think Toronto needs to get the up-temp ball going, they were walking it up too much today, LETS RUN!

DaoudS
02-22-2009, 03:41 PM
calm down, i highly doubt it will last. Do you not remember there was somebody named shawn marion on the heat that wasn't getting those alley-oops. Wade was just in the zone that game..... On a side note, i do think Toronto needs to get the up-temp ball going, they were walking it up too much today, LETS RUN!

lol wow, i dont think that statement can be made about todays game. everyone was running. 29 fast break points is a lot. They need to keep it up.

tjroihenu
02-22-2009, 03:55 PM
Holy **** was that Moon in the paint on the offensive end?

LanceUpperCut
02-22-2009, 03:56 PM
lol wow, i dont think that statement can be made about todays game. everyone was running. 29 fast break points is a lot. They need to keep it up.

True ,they should have a chance for the next two games anyway against Minny and the sun's.If Bosh was playing like he was at the start of the year we would be a really good team not great but really good.

IversonIsKrazy
02-22-2009, 04:00 PM
Moon has always had that talent, but we've never had the PG who will risk passing those all nite. otherwise Moon could've given us 11ppg. hes gonna be good in miami w/ wade throwing those up when he gets doubled in the paint.

clehmun
02-22-2009, 04:09 PM
this is hilarious. 2 weeks ago, A LOT of the fans were saying how moon's stupidity costed us games, and that we were a worst team with moon playing.

right after the trade, a few raptor fans were saying how they're happy moon was traded and that he's miami's "problem" now.

now that moon's playing well under a new system with a superstar in wade, we miss his dunks and athleticism again?

even better is that calderon has now became the team's new "scapegoat" for not making others better.

HoopsDrive
02-22-2009, 04:28 PM
We're not talking about missing his hoisting 3pt attempts with 18 seconds on the shot clock or his inability to get to the paint with his athleticism.

We're talking about how many chances Calderon missed when Moon cut to the basket almost wide open. And how Wade is taking advantage of Moon and just throwing the ball up for the highflyer to go get it and finish.

I don't know about anyone else but I never wanted Moon out of TO, to me he was always a decent player coming off the bench and very cheap to boot too. He just got fired at because he started when he should have never started for any NBA team.

We're not trying to make Calderon a scapegoat, just pointing out that he almost never takes risks that could lead to some easy opportunities. Guys like Nash, Kidd, Paul and Billups all take chances once in a while.

Bob_at_york
02-22-2009, 04:29 PM
now that moon's playing well under a new system with a superstar in wade, we miss his dunks and athleticism again?

how is he playing well? He is only played two games and neither one was anything special.

magikmc
02-22-2009, 04:39 PM

haha you obviously haven't watched the suns play that much..... and the reason why we had so many fast break points today was because we were playing a team that gives up fast break points because they try to run themselves.

Bob_at_york
02-22-2009, 06:02 PM
Just pointing out, the Heat game will be on Raptors TV today at 5:30pm.

clehmun
02-22-2009, 06:03 PM
how is he playing well? He is only played two games and neither one was anything special.

i said he played well. for a role player, 12 efficient points, in his first "real" game on a new team is pretty good.
just a tiny bit better than marcus banks don't you think?

anyways, that wasn't even my point.
my point was two weeks ago, we had a 10 page thread about how moon makes our team worst.
and several fans stating right after the trade that they were happy we got rid of moon, and good that he's miami's PROBLEM now.

and suddenly, according to this thread, it's not moon's fault for not getting more easy buckets. it was calderon's fault for not finding him enough.

kanersen
02-22-2009, 06:04 PM
When Jamario is motivated he plays well
i've seen one of his games with the heat, he played well
and of course playing with Wade throwing those lob passes makes for some good highlights, its obvious to say that Jose did not take those chances very often
but its also obvious to say that Jamario has not played with the same fire and intensity as he did last year, or as he's playing with the Heat so far

DaoudS
02-22-2009, 06:09 PM
haha you obviously haven't watched the suns play that much..... and the reason why we had so many fast break points today was because we were playing a team that gives up fast break points because they try to run themselves.

This isn't the Phoenix Suns. No way will the Raptors goto the scheme of shooting in 7 seconds or less.

_Sn1P3r_
02-22-2009, 06:10 PM
Just pointing out, the Heat game will be on Raptors TV today at 5:30pm.

Yup, it'll be exciting and weird at the same time to see JO and Moon in a Heat uniform.

blujaysrock
02-22-2009, 06:12 PM
You can say that again... Calderon threw him the ball like 1 out of 15 cuts... damn, for a flyer that is really not utilizing him well.

Same goes for Marion :pity:

nygiants242
02-22-2009, 06:13 PM
The Moon is rising in Miami

moosehunter
02-22-2009, 06:54 PM
The Moon is rising in Miami

Stop.

kanersen
02-22-2009, 07:14 PM
yea that was pretty bad^

HoopsDrive
02-22-2009, 07:48 PM
and suddenly, according to this thread, it's not moon's fault for not getting more easy buckets. it was calderon's fault for not finding him enough.

We've never questioned his inability or unwillingness to drive to the basket or his questionable 3pt attempts with 18 on the shot clock.

We've been discussing about how we was badly utilized in this team. A lot of it was Moon not being aggressive when he had the ball outside but Calderon misses many wide open opportunities to throw the ball up for the flyers to finish them off. You've got to show some confidence on the flyers, we've seen Moon grab those high balls before and I can't recall him messing up a decent lob pass anytime in his career.

It's not just Moon either, the last 2 games against the Knicks, Marion had many 'wide open lane to the basket' opportunities after a screen and all Calderon had to do was throw the ball up for him to catch it. Heck, even Blake throws more alleys than Calderon.

Nadhi1
02-22-2009, 07:54 PM
we need nash to help calderons awareness and send the ball to cutters

moosehunter
02-22-2009, 08:14 PM
We've never questioned his inability or unwillingness to drive to the basket or his questionable 3pt attempts with 18 on the shot clock.

We've been discussing about how we was badly utilized in this team. A lot of it was Moon not being aggressive when he had the ball outside but Calderon misses many wide open opportunities to throw the ball up for the flyers to finish them off. You've got to show some confidence on the flyers, we've seen Moon grab those high balls before and I can't recall him messing up a decent lob pass anytime in his career.

It's not just Moon either, the last 2 games against the Knicks, Marion had many 'wide open lane to the basket' opportunities after a screen and all Calderon had to do was throw the ball up for him to catch it. Heck, even Blake throws more alleys than Calderon.

Calderon didn't throw that alley oop ball often, its true, but if you watched those games closely, you would notice that calderon didn't pass the ball to moon at ANY time unless it was absolutely necessary; and I don't blame him. Moon made bad decisions often, and I think Calderon assumed his cuts to the basket were also most likely ill-advised. He's missing marion the same way because he developed a bad habit of ignoring moon, and now he's trying to fix it. After the very first game post-trade Calderon admitted he was missing Marion on easy buckets and needed to adapt. I expect Calderon to steadily increase his alley-oop and basket cut passes as the season progresses.

clehmun
02-22-2009, 08:43 PM

hey man i'm totally agreeing with you.
i'm just saying a lot of fans are contradicting themselves, and you're not one of them.

my main point is that, moon is supposed to be a 10th-12th man. if he does any better, thats good for him. of course he's going to have some weaknesses (poor shot selection, bball iq, etc), but what can we expect?
he's already playing better than our expectations and contract.

and the more i watch calderon play, the more i'm not a fan of him. i'll give him a break since he's not 100% healthy, but IMO he's not the "untradable" point guard that BC thinks he is.

ChongInc.
02-22-2009, 08:55 PM
Moon cut to the basket often but stopped half way because no one could get him the alley oop. He will definitely get a couple a night from Wade getting doubled when he drives the lane.

I am picking Miami as the darkhorse in the east.

agreed, a player worth doubling, that can pass too is something that the raptors are looking for, and they just might find in bargs

lorenz00
02-22-2009, 09:19 PM
we'll moon doesn't have a player that attracts triple team in toronto thats why dwade gets him the ball when wade penetrates

Ragun
02-22-2009, 09:29 PM
moon got ripped today by the espn announcers

mjt20mik
02-23-2009, 03:07 AM
First thing.

In his first game with the Heat, Jamario played all but 5 mins. In order to get playing time you need to perform, that's why he's been going to the hoop a little more often. He is doing the same thing he did when he just signed with the Raptors. Once he gets more steady minutes, his play will drop off. And you'll see the good ole' Jamario, with the chuckin' of threes with 18 seconds left on the shot clock.

HoopsDrive
02-23-2009, 01:17 PM
Calderon didn't throw that alley oop ball often, its true, but if you watched those games closely, you would notice that calderon didn't pass the ball to moon at ANY time unless it was absolutely necessary; and I don't blame him. Moon made bad decisions often, and I think Calderon assumed his cuts to the basket were also most likely ill-advised. He's missing marion the same way because he developed a bad habit of ignoring moon, and now he's trying to fix it. After the very first game post-trade Calderon admitted he was missing Marion on easy buckets and needed to adapt. I expect Calderon to steadily increase his alley-oop and basket cut passes as the season progresses.

I don't blame him either for not passing Moon the ball when he was at the 3pt line but if Moon was cutting and he was open (ahead of the man by a couple of feet) you gotta show some confidence on your flyer. He had already proven a season ago that he can catch lob passes, why not throw him one up and get an easy bucket? I can't recall Moon butching up a decent lob pass ever.

hey man i'm totally agreeing with you.
i'm just saying a lot of fans are contradicting themselves, and you're not one of them.

my main point is that, moon is supposed to be a 10th-12th man. if he does any better, thats good for him. of course he's going to have some weaknesses (poor shot selection, bball iq, etc), but what can we expect?
he's already playing better than our expectations and contract.

and the more i watch calderon play, the more i'm not a fan of him. i'll give him a break since he's not 100% healthy, but IMO he's not the "untradable" point guard that BC thinks he is.

Whoa, if that's the case, my bad for coming on too strong, guess I misunderstood what you were saying :D

Just being more aggressive is going to make Calderon a hundred times better and more dangerous. Sometimes, he's just too passive for his own good.

Steely McBeam
02-23-2009, 04:25 PM
this is ridiculous. Moon is a scrub, he is scared shitless to go to the hoop, i can't believe you guys who think it was calderon's fault that he didn't slash more, the guy didn't know when to slash and when to throw up his patented boneheaded three.
just because we see him throwing down an alley-oop or two in the highlights doesn't mean he had a great game; they don't show the dumb *** shots he misses
he'll be nothing in miami and the only reason the heat are anything this year is because of wade but he can't do it himself and that was shown perfectly sunday against orlando.
career high 50 points and lose by 20 +

WeaponXXX
02-23-2009, 04:42 PM
Its all Calderon's fault, and non of moons. Your gonna see the same thing with the Matrix. Actually, you do see it now. There are on several occasions that an alley oop should of been thrown....... but i guess we can use the excuse that he isn't use to him yet.

_Sn1P3r_
02-23-2009, 05:39 PM
moon got ripped today by the espn announcers

I heard it too. It was near the end of the game right?

Kianwe
02-23-2009, 05:53 PM
I heard it too. It was near the end of the game right?

What did the ESPN announcers rip Moon for?

mjt20mik
02-23-2009, 05:55 PM
Its all Calderon's fault, and non of moons. Your gonna see the same thing with the Matrix. Actually, you do see it now. There are on several occasions that an alley oop should of been thrown....... but i guess we can use the excuse that he isn't use to him yet.

Uhh. Regarding that. Calderon is just not use to it. Moon very rarely got to the rim as a Raptor. He would do those fake runs to the rim, and then just go back out. Give it some time, and Calderon will complement Marion.

And I can't believe you guys are seriously giving Moon the benefit of the doubt. He has tremendous athleticism, but he doesn't know how to use it properly. He played like how he's playing in Miami, initially with the Raptors. Let's just see how long it lasts.

HoopsDrive
02-23-2009, 07:28 PM
. . .

I think you guys are misunderstading what a few of us have been trying to say about Moon.

We're not blaming Calderon for Moon's unwllingness to drive and shoot horrid 3pters. I hate those as much as you all do, maybe even more and that is wholly Moon's fault and nobody else's.

We're pointing out how he was badly utilized on this team. Moon often lead the fast break charge but our ball handlers almost never took chances to throw up a pass to him or anyone else for that matter. Check the stats, we're dead last on fast break points. And on cutters, Calderon rarely, if ever throws a mid-air pass when the cutter is cutting to the basket. This has happened with Moon, JO, Bosh and now with Marion, too many times.

Our point, well mine at least, is that you have to show confidence on your mates. Moon was a proven athletic freak long before this season started. Why the lack of confidence to throw up a lob pass to him when he's cutting and open? Something that happened a lot of times in games. Wade had two games to play with him and on the second he already throws up 3 alleys. I don't know how many Moon had this season but 3 has gotta be close to the number he's had the entire season.

I hope that doesn't happen to Marion. I hope our PGs can recognize that this guy is a proven athletic freak and can finish in the air, in transition and on the fast break. Show some confidence and take some risks. Chances are that it will pay off with huge interest.