PDA

View Full Version : Midseason Rookie Grades

oldenpolynice
02-22-2009, 02:29 PM
A midseason grade report, includes Derrick Rose, OJ Mayo, Michael Beasley, Kevin Love and others. Keep in mind that it's only for the first half of the season. Some of these guys may hit the rookie wall and others may have breakout second halfs.

http://davissportsdeli.com/wordpress/2009/02/21/midseason-rookie-grades-part-i/

How do you grade the rookies so far?

Hawkeye15
02-22-2009, 02:32 PM
year to date
Rose- A-
Mayo- B+
Lopez- A-
Love- B
Gordon- C+
Oden- D+
Westbrook- C+

BTownTeamsRKing
02-22-2009, 02:46 PM
Rose- A
Mayo- A
Lopez- B
Love- C
Gordon- B+
Oden- D
Westbrook- B
Beasley- C+
Galinari- D-

^based on performance and future potential.

jnb58
02-22-2009, 02:48 PM
Westbrook a B... This guy has not watched him play. He has played like the rookie of the year.

Hawkeye15
02-22-2009, 02:48 PM
Rose- A
Mayo- A
Lopez- B
Love- C
Gordon- B+
Oden- D
Westbrook- B

Love, a C??? For future potential as well? Haha. THe dude is a double double machine when he plays minutes. He will be a 18-12 player. Easy. you are calling Mayo a franchise player then? Okay

Hawkeye15
02-22-2009, 02:50 PM
Westbrook a B... This guy has not watched him play. He has played like the rookie of the year.

I gave him a C+, but I do think he has played well. But his team is so bad, and he plays out of control a bit, and is a terrible 3 point shooter. I do see him as a very good lead guard down the road however

oldenpolynice
02-22-2009, 02:51 PM
year to date
Rose- A-
Mayo- B+
Lopez- A-
Love- B
Gordon- C+
Oden- D+
Westbrook- C+

I think you value Rose, Gordon, Oden and Westbrook too little.

For Rose, he's a once-in-a-franchise's-lifetime kind of player. He's already developed to an NBA level in his first season, he rarely turns the ball over and has become the Bulls' go-to-guy in late game situations. He's definitely more valuable than Lopez (who I like a lot...a lot a lot, but isn't on the same level).

With Gordon, you've got the best pure shooter in the draft who can also get to the basket and finish. He's already good at getting to the line and earning points there (very developed for a rookie). Though he isn't a good defender off the ball on screens, he is good in man-to-man and is physically much bigger than guys at his position (SG). He's been better than a C+ this season (more like a B or B+).

Oden is easily better than a D+. I'm pretty sure you were joking on this, so I won't address it.

Westbrook is still raw, but that guy can beat anyone in the league off the dribble. Anyone. I can see why you gave him a lower grade (because he's mistake-prone) but his worth to his defense and his speed on offense outweighs his mistakes. He should be in the B range.

BTownTeamsRKing
02-22-2009, 02:52 PM
Love, a C??? For future potential as well? Haha. THe dude is a double double machine when he plays minutes. He will be a 18-12 player. Easy. you are calling Mayo a franchise player then? Okay

i was not thrilled when McHale traded Mayo. i thought him and Big Al would have been awesome

Hawkeye15
02-22-2009, 02:53 PM
I think you value Rose, Gordon, Oden and Westbrook too little.

For Rose, he's a once-in-a-franchise's-lifetime kind of player. He's already developed to an NBA level in his first season, he rarely turns the ball over and has become the Bulls' go-to-guy in late game situations. He's definitely more valuable than Lopez (who I like a lot...a lot a lot, but isn't on the same level).

With Gordon, you've got the best pure shooter in the draft who can also get to the basket and finish. He's already good at getting to the line and earning points there (very developed for a rookie). Though he isn't a good defender off the ball on screens, he is good in man-to-man and is physically much bigger than guys at his position (SG). He's been better than a C+ this season (more like a B or B+).

Oden is easily better than a D+. I'm pretty sure you were joking on this, so I won't address it.

Westbrook is still raw, but that guy can beat anyone in the league off the dribble. Anyone. I can see why you gave him a lower grade (because he's mistake-prone) but his worth to his defense and his speed on offense outweighs his mistakes. He should be in the B range.

I am not grading their potential, I am grading their performance, and in the specific case of Oden, performance vs expectations. If I am grading on potential, than yes, Westbrook would be way higher, Rose is an A-, sorry, only guys like LeBron are an A, Mayo drops, Love stays the same, Lopez drops, and I forgot Beasley, who I would put at a B+, and Gordon's height and speed will put him as a shooter forever, I don't see his game growing past scorer

Hawkeye15
02-22-2009, 02:54 PM
i was not thrilled when McHale traded Mayo. i thought him and Big Al would have been awesome

so you use that to grade or judge a player? Not right man.

BTownTeamsRKing
02-22-2009, 02:56 PM

A = SuperStar/Franchise player
B = all star/Solid Starter
C = Good Starter/good bench player
D = inconsistent/injury prone
F = trade for 2015 2nd round pick.

westbrook is very good, but not a franchise player

oldenpolynice
02-22-2009, 02:56 PM
Rose- A
Mayo- A
Lopez- B
Love- C
Gordon- B+
Oden- D
Westbrook- B
Beasley- C+
Galinari- D-

Agree big-time on every player except Oden. From his defense alone he deserves at least a C. He alters shots and is a great rebounder. The foul trouble issue will pass with time and experience.

BTownTeamsRKing
02-22-2009, 02:57 PM
so you use that to grade or judge a player? Not right man.

count me as someone not sold on love. i dont see him as a star

BTownTeamsRKing
02-22-2009, 02:58 PM
Agree big-time on every player except Oden. From his defense alone he deserves at least a C. He alters shots and is a great rebounder. The foul trouble issue will pass with time and experience.

yea i was harsh on Oden. i think its because he just has so many injury issues. its hard to grade him at this point

Hawkeye15
02-22-2009, 02:59 PM
count me as someone not sold on love. i dont see him as a star

eh, its cool. Everyone has their opinions. Fine with me, they will be able to resign the rebounding champ to a decent deal a few years down the line.

jnb58
02-22-2009, 02:59 PM
Rose- A
Mayo- A
Lopez- B
Love- C
Gordon- B+
Oden- D
Westbrook- B
Beasley- C+
Galinari- D-

What? You give a person the rookie of the year based on potential. I believe this is a mid-season grade.

BTownTeamsRKing
02-22-2009, 03:02 PM
eh, its cool. Everyone has their opinions. Fine with me, they will be able to resign the rebounding champ to a decent deal a few years down the line.

yea everyone judges talent different. honestly, im have really good at it over the years just watching from home. my favorite part of sports is judging who will turn out great and who will flame out as overhyped. i wish i could do it for a team.

in the next draft class, i see Dajuan Blair as the best player.

Kakaroach
02-22-2009, 03:03 PM
Derrick Rose A-
O.J. Mayo A-
Micheal Beasley B
Kevin Love C
Russell Westbrook B+
Brook Lopez A-
Eric Gordon B+
Gallinari C-

BTownTeamsRKing
02-22-2009, 03:03 PM
What? You give a person the rookie of the year based on potential. I believe this is a mid-season grade.

my bad. on ROY. i give it to Rose then Mayo

Hawkeye15
02-22-2009, 03:05 PM
I am loving how much disrespect Kevin Love gets. Now that he actually gets Mayo/Rose minutes, the dude is a 15/10 player. Whatever, at least the Wolves will resign him cheap, and all the jersey sellers like Mayo, who do nothing but score, will command huge deals.

BTownTeamsRKing
02-22-2009, 03:06 PM
I am loving how much disrespect Kevin Love gets. Now that he actually gets Mayo/Rose minutes, the dude is a 15/10 player. Whatever, at least the Wolves will resign him cheap, and all the jersey sellers like Mayo, who do nothing but score, will command huge deals.

will Love be an All-Star? in your opinion

Kakaroach
02-22-2009, 03:10 PM
I am loving how much disrespect Kevin Love gets. Now that he actually gets Mayo/Rose minutes, the dude is a 15/10 player. Whatever, at least the Wolves will resign him cheap, and all the jersey sellers like Mayo, who do nothing but score, will command huge deals. Well duh now that he is getting all of Big Al's minutes. Who else are they going to play...BTW, Love is a role player in the NBA.

Leafsleeve
02-22-2009, 03:13 PM
Rose- A
Mayo-A+
Lopez-B
Oden - F
Westbrook-B
Gordon-B++++
Love-D

philab
02-22-2009, 03:20 PM
year to date
Rose- A-
Mayo- B+
Lopez- A-
Love- B
Gordon- C+
Oden- D+
Westbrook- C+

Here's my ranking of the rookies so far -- based on value down the road:

Lopez
Rose
Westbrook

Gordon
Oden
Love
Mayo

Bayless
Fernandez
Beasley
Koufos
Gasol
Hickson
Arthur
Chalmers

I'm sure some are missing, but that's off the top of my head. Big dropoff after Westbrook and then after Mayo. The four in that range are all pretty close, IMO.

oldenpolynice
02-22-2009, 03:21 PM

Love plays in an offensive system designed around Jefferson, only Jefferson isn't there anymore. So of course he's going to put up better numbers.

Love does a few things very well (rebound, box out, get easy looks around the basket) but the things that he doesn't do well are based on physical shortcomings. For instance, he'll never be the guy who hustles back to defend the fastbreak (because he's slow as hell) and he has huge problems stopping quicker opponents from turning the corner on him. These aren't things that he can get significantly better at.

He's going to a very good rebounder for years to come, but that's the definition of role player. A guy who does one thing well.

Hawkeye15
02-22-2009, 03:21 PM
will Love be an All-Star? in your opinion

If the Wolves can become a winning team, then yes, I think he will see a couple of them. But, I am not concerned with that, I think the all star weekend is a complete joke.

Omar Little
02-22-2009, 03:24 PM
Rose=A+
Beasley=C-
Mayo= B
Love=C+
Gordon=B-
Oden=C+
Lopez=B+
Westbrook=B-

Hawkeye15
02-22-2009, 03:24 PM
Love plays in an offensive system designed around Jefferson, only Jefferson isn't there anymore. So of course he's going to put up better numbers.

Love does a few things very well (rebound, box out, get easy looks around the basket) but the things that he doesn't do well are based on physical shortcomings. For instance, he'll never be the guy who hustles back to defend the fastbreak (because he's slow as hell) and he has huge problems stopping quicker opponents from turning the corner on him. These aren't things that he can get significantly better at.

He's going to a very good rebounder for years to come, but that's the definition of role player. A guy who does one thing well.

well, we can discuss until we are blue in the face. I have a different opinion on him. The thing to remember is, he has been doubted since he was a kid due to being white, and kind of slow. What has he done? National high school player of the year, Pac 10 Freshman, and Player of the year. The dude keeps being overlooked, and produces anyways. He will be a very good shooter out to 18', is the best passing big man to come along in years, and his basketball IQ is off the charts. I see him as something different. Athletic ability is great, but if you have no brain to use it, it is a useless tool. As far as minutes, he is being forced to play them now, he should have been all along, but McHale and Wittman before him think for some crazy reason, rookies have to earn their minutes, when the fact is, you traded Mayo for this kid, your team is not a playoff team, play him until he falls over. If they had, Love would be in the running for ROY, easily

NYYCowboys
02-22-2009, 03:52 PM
As a Knicks fan I am pissed off we didn't draft Jeryd Bayless because from watching almost every Knicks game you can tell Gallanari isn't going to become good. He's a decent ball-handler, a pretty good shooter, hes slow, can't play defense, and can't create his own shot. What the Knicks see in him I have no idea. Hopefully he pans out but i doubt it.

jnb58
02-22-2009, 04:01 PM
year to date
Rose- A-
Mayo- B+
Lopez- A-
Love- B
Gordon- C+
Oden- D+
Westbrook- C+

What does Rose do that Westbrook does not? I like Gordon but to say that he and Westbrook have had the same year.

When you consider his D he out plays just about every rookie. As for his mistakes, Rose is not much better. The whole OKC team is turn over prone. The turn overs are not all his fault. OKC is the worst ball handling team in the league.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/r/rosede01.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/w/westbru01.html

b_rad23
02-22-2009, 04:17 PM
People continue to be ignorant to the fact that Beasley is leading rookies in points per 48 minutes and is easily the most versitile rookie on offense. His rebounding has improved. If he was getting Mayo or Rose minutes, he would be compared quite favorably to the rest of the rookie class. Beasley>Gordon. I also should point out that his improvement on the defensive end from the begining to now is staggering.

oldenpolynice
02-22-2009, 04:21 PM
What does Rose do that Westbrook does not? I like Gordon but to say that he and Westbrook have had the same year.

When you consider his D he out plays just about every rookie. As for his mistakes, Rose is not much better. The whole OKC team is turn over prone. The turn overs are not all his fault. OKC is the worst ball handling team in the league.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/r/rosede01.html
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/w/westbru01.html

Rose can create better in a halfcourt offense. Westbrook is good on isolations and on the fast break, but he struggles in halfcourt sets.

On the turnover issue, Westbrook makes a lot of unforced mistakes. Dribbling into double teams, passing to guys who aren't looking, etc. Rose's assist-to-turnover ratio is a lot better than Westbrook's.

Hawkeye15
02-22-2009, 04:34 PM
here is my guess on the all rookie teams
1st team
G- Rose
G- Mayo
F- Love
F- Beasley
C- Lopez

2nd team
G- Westbrook
G- Gordon
F- Thompson
F- Luc R MM
C- Gasol

Sport
02-22-2009, 04:51 PM
1st team
G- Rose
G- Mayo
F- Love
F- Beasley
C- Lopez

2nd team
G- Westbrook
G- Gordon
F- Thompson
F- Luc R MM
C- Gasol

I agree with yours.

oldenpolynice
02-22-2009, 05:04 PM
1st team
G- Rose
G- Mayo
F- Love
F- Beasley
C- Lopez

2nd team
G- Westbrook
G- Gordon
F- Thompson
F- Luc R MM
C- Gasol

Sounds about right to me. I think Mareese Speights may sneak into the All-2nd Team instead of Luc R MM, but we'll see.

Hawkeye15
02-22-2009, 05:07 PM
Sounds about right to me. I think Mareese Speights may sneak into the All-2nd Team instead of Luc R MM, but we'll see.

can anyone explain why Speights plays only 16 mpg?

ElMarroAfamado
02-22-2009, 05:08 PM
People continue to be ignorant to the fact that Beasley is leading rookies in points per 48 minutes and is easily the most versitile rookie on offense. His rebounding has improved. If he was getting Mayo or Rose minutes, he would be compared quite favorably to the rest of the rookie class. Beasley>Gordon. I also should point out that his improvement on the defensive end from the begining to now is staggering.

ive seen him play and he is nothing special
no wonder he was rumored to be in trade talks

jnb58
02-22-2009, 05:09 PM
Rose can create better in a halfcourt offense. Westbrook is good on isolations and on the fast break, but he struggles in halfcourt sets.

I haven't seen him struggle as much as I have seen the team as a whole struggle. They lack role definition when plays are not called.

On the turnover issue, Westbrook makes a lot of unforced mistakes. Dribbling into double teams, passing to guys who aren't looking, etc. Rose's assist-to-turnover ratio is a lot better than Westbrook's.

This I can not defend because when he gets double teamed he rarely looks really good other than out running the opposition. That is why you see Green with the ball at mid court so often.

But passing to guys who are not looking is not necessarily his fault. I have seen it too but I rarely see it as his fault.

You really think that Rose has outplayed Westbrook though? I just don't see it. His turnover ratio is the only thing that he does much better than Westbrook and I think that it would be much better if he were passing to more than just Durrant and Green.

Rebounding and defense go in Westbrook's favor.

Hawkeye15
02-22-2009, 05:10 PM
people also have to remember, Westbrook was not a point guard at UCLA, this is a first time thing for him. I think he will be a fine point guard.

oldenpolynice
02-22-2009, 05:30 PM
I haven't seen him struggle as much as I have seen the team as a whole struggle. They lack role definition when plays are not called.

This I can not defend because when he gets double teamed he rarely looks really good other than out running the opposition. That is why you see Green with the ball at mid court so often.

But passing to guys who are not looking is not necessarily his fault. I have seen it too but I rarely see it as his fault.

You really think that Rose has outplayed Westbrook though? I just don't see it. His turnover ratio is the only thing that he does much better than Westbrook and I think that it would be much better if he were passing to more than just Durrant and Green.

Rebounding and defense go in Westbrook's favor.

Westbrook is a better rebounder and defender, but rebounding isn't a high priority for point guards and I'd take Rose's court vision and passing over Westbrook's defense. Having watched both of them on numerous occasions, yes, I think Rose is a much better PG.

oldenpolynice
02-22-2009, 05:31 PM
can anyone explain why Speights plays only 16 mpg?

Mostly because of Thaddeus Young, I think. But you're right, Speights has earned the right to play more minutes. It's a crime that he doesn't get at least 20 minutes per game.

lorenz00
02-22-2009, 05:44 PM
the roy award is just battle against oj mayo vs derick rose right? how about put brook lopez on that mix his pretty fundamental player.

dwiduck
02-22-2009, 05:53 PM
Rose- A
Mayo- A-
Lopez- B+
Westbrook- B+
Eric Gordon- B
DJ Augustin- B
Love- B-
Beasley- C+
Oden- C+

graded strictly on their performance this year, also I graded on a curve other wise I would have made Rose a A- at best.

Hellcrooner
02-22-2009, 06:11 PM
Westbrook : A+

Bayless: F

Rose: A

Chalmers: A

Hill: A`+

Dj Agustin B

Eric Gordon B+

Rudy Fernandez B

Mayo B+

Luc M B Moute A

Nicolas Batum A

Beasley C+

Thompson B+

Speights B

Love C`+

Lopez A+

Gasol B +

Oden C

Im taking on account the hype coming into the league and how they are doing in comparison to how they CAN do fr example Marc Gasol and Rudy Fernandez should be doing much better, because they CAn do better.

oldenpolynice
02-22-2009, 06:16 PM

Dj Agustin B

Eric Gordon B+

Rudy Fernandez B

Mayo B+

Luc M B Moute A

Nicolas Batum A

Beasley C+

Thompson B+

Speights B

Love C`+

Lopez A+

Gasol B +

Oden C

Im taking on account the hype coming into the league and how they are doing in comparison to how they CAN do fr example Marc Gasol and Rudy Fernandez should be doing much better, because they CAn do better.

Bayless, an F? Let me guess, you're basing this on stats...

Gnac76
02-22-2009, 06:32 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics?sort=per&pos=rookies&seasonType=2&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba %2fhollinger%2fstatistics%3fsort%3dper%26pos%3droo kies%26seasonType%3d2

If your going by per rating... maresse speights has the best per rating of all rookies.... just saying

jnb58
02-22-2009, 06:36 PM
Rose- A-
Mayo- B+
Lopez- B
Westbrook- A-
Eric Gordon- C
DJ Augustin- B-
Love- B-
Beasley- C+
Oden- C+
Fernandez- C

Giving anyone an A+ means they make the All-Star game.

jnb58
02-22-2009, 06:39 PM
Bayless, an F? Let me guess, you're basing this on stats...

He doesn't deserve an F but he hasn't played that well. Defensively he makes me cringe. However, he is a potential star.

Hawkeye15
02-22-2009, 06:39 PM

Dj Agustin B

Eric Gordon B+

Rudy Fernandez B

Mayo B+

Luc M B Moute A

Nicolas Batum A

Beasley C+

Thompson B+

Speights B

Love C`+

Lopez A+

Gasol B +

Oden C

If Love were to play 36 mpg, and I kind of hate per minute stats, but I am doing it anyways, 14.4 ppg, 13.2 rpg. Those are ROY numbers. And with 29 games to go, and Jefferson out for the year, expect close to those stats, he is getting about 32 mpg now. And should have been all along, I have no idea why they would play Craig Smith or Gomes over him at PF, except for McHales and Wittmans earn your minutes crap

oldenpolynice
02-22-2009, 07:29 PM
Rose- A-
Mayo- B+
Lopez- B
Westbrook- A-
Eric Gordon- C
DJ Augustin- B-
Love- B-
Beasley- C+
Oden- C+
Fernandez- C

Giving anyone an A+ means they make the All-Star game.

In my mind, Rose should have been an All-Star. They should have given him Devin Harris' spot. Harris may score more points, but Rose takes fewer shots and makes a higher percentage of them. I'll bet if the Bulls let Rose take as many shots as the Nets let Harris take, he'd have nearly identical numbers.

Hawkeye15
02-22-2009, 07:39 PM
In my mind, Rose should have been an All-Star. They should have given him Devin Harris' spot. Harris may score more points, but Rose takes fewer shots and makes a higher percentage of them. I'll bet if the Bulls let Rose take as many shots as the Nets let Harris take, he'd have nearly identical numbers.

they both take 15 shots a game. Harris gets to the line 6 more times a game, there is your difference. In fact, they are statistically indentical outside that. But, Harris is a better on the ball defender at this point. Don't worry Rose fans, it is only a matter of time before he is in the conversation with Paul, Williams, and Parker.

Kakaroach
02-22-2009, 07:58 PM
Kevin Love is surging but I just think it's too late for him. At the end of the season, if he continues to perform like he has in the past couple of games, then I might give him a better grade. I just think its too late for him to be considered ROY.

Hawkeye15
02-22-2009, 08:01 PM
Kevin Love is surging but I just think it's too late for him. At the end of the season, if he continues to perform like he has in the past couple of games, then I might give him a better grade. I just think its too late for him to be considered ROY.

for sure his mpg kills his chances. Trust me, Wolves fans have no idea why he doesn't play 30+ mpg. I have watched all but a few of their games, and he is by far the best rebounder they have, which is saying something when you have Big Al getting 11 rpg. But, whatever. Silver lining with Jeffersons injury is Love gets to develop faster now, and we get a better pick. If he goes for 10-12 over the last 29 games, he will average a double double. Not that far fetched really, since when he does get minutes, he gets 15-11

oldenpolynice
02-22-2009, 08:06 PM
for sure his mpg kills his chances. Trust me, Wolves fans have no idea why he doesn't play 30+ mpg. I have watched all but a few of their games, and he is by far the best rebounder they have, which is saying something when you have Big Al getting 11 rpg. But, whatever. Silver lining with Jeffersons injury is Love gets to develop faster now, and we get a better pick. If he goes for 10-12 over the last 29 games, he will average a double double. Not that far fetched really, since when he does get minutes, he gets 15-11

I'm pretty sure Al Horford averaged a double-double last season. (If he didn't, he was pretty damn close). Even then, Durant ended up taking home ROY. I imagine something similar will happen this season.

Love will finish, at best, third in the ROY voting IMO. That's just based on past examples, but these awards tend to follow the same trend every year (more or less).

Hawkeye15
02-22-2009, 08:09 PM
I'm pretty sure Al Horford averaged a double-double last season. (If he didn't, he was pretty damn close). Even then, Durant ended up taking home ROY. I imagine something similar will happen this season.

Love will finish, at best, third in the ROY voting IMO. That's just based on past examples, but these awards tend to follow the same trend every year (more or less).

Horford did not, but yes, it was close. 10/9.7. And he hasn't improved at all. Last year, there was no statistical competition for Durant. This year, Mayo and Rose are clear cut, but if Love ends up averaging a double double, he should get some consideration. But yes, it's a 2 horse race at this point

oldenpolynice
02-22-2009, 08:21 PM
Horford did not, but yes, it was close. 10/9.7. And he hasn't improved at all. Last year, there was no statistical competition for Durant. This year, Mayo and Rose are clear cut, but if Love ends up averaging a double double, he should get some consideration. But yes, it's a 2 horse race at this point

I'm disappointed in Horford this year, too. I thought he would develop more than he has. Yet his numbers remain the same and he hasn't added anything offensively. Atlanta should bring in an assistant coach/big man specialist to help Horford out. Like what Orlando did to help Dwight.

oldenpolynice
02-22-2009, 11:20 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics?sort=per&pos=rookies&seasonType=2&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba %2fhollinger%2fstatistics%3fsort%3dper%26pos%3droo kies%26seasonType%3d2

If your going by per rating... maresse speights has the best per rating of all rookies.... just saying

He'll be in Part II of the rookie grades. He's had a great season and it's a crime that he gets less than 20 minutes per game.

oldenpolynice
02-23-2009, 06:46 PM
By the way, in re-evaluating Mike Beasley's grade I've decided that a "C" is not justified. I've bumped him up to a B-. No matter what happens this season, he has the potential to be a breakout player in the seasons to come.

It's unfair to use Derrick Coleman's career as a template for Beasley's until Beasley actually proves that he's like Coleman. If that makes any sense.

Hawkeye15
02-23-2009, 07:25 PM
By the way, in re-evaluating Mike Beasley's grade I've decided that a "C" is not justified. I've bumped him up to a B-. No matter what happens this season, he has the potential to be a breakout player in the seasons to come.

It's unfair to use Derrick Coleman's career as a template for Beasley's until Beasley actually proves that he's like Coleman. If that makes any sense.

makes sense, and I agree totally. I still think Beasley could end up the best player in this draft.

Bucks_Packers
02-24-2009, 10:52 PM
Luc Mbah a Moute has started at SG, SF and PF this year for the Bucks. He shouldnt be rookie of the year, but he has been the most valuable to his team. The Bucks would be terrible without his defense and intangibles this year.

DR.J9
02-24-2009, 11:00 PM
If Speights got more than 20 mpg, he could be a 10 points 9 rebounds guy.
Trust me hes gunna be good and hopefully becomes a starter

raidersrock99
02-24-2009, 11:45 PM
what do you guys think about thompson from the kings?

i'd give him a b+, because when he gets playing time he's puttin up double doubles....

josquad
02-25-2009, 12:06 AM
i've been so impressed with thompson this year. everyone was shocked when the kings took him and he plays 3 positions as well and his hustle and ability to run is great. If your talking value of where he was picked i would say he is up there towards the top.

klvanzu
02-25-2009, 12:22 AM
Mayo: A-
Westbrook: A-
Lopez: A
Beasley: B
Love: B
Gordon: B

oldenpolynice
02-25-2009, 12:24 AM
what do you guys think about thompson from the kings?

i'd give him a b+, because when he gets playing time he's puttin up double doubles....

I like Thompson a lot. He plays with a lot of energy and you can tell he loves the game. I give him a B only because he tends to get in foul trouble (which generally takes him out of the flow of his game). There were a lot of critics for the Thompson pick, but now they're falling over him with praise.