PDA

View Full Version : Rasheed Wallace: hall of famer?

hotpotato1092
02-22-2009, 02:53 AM
The case for: 4 time all star, great leader, one of the league's top defenders in his prime, 1 time NBA champion

The case against: Never voted all NBA, several character issues (he played for the jail blazers), was never dominant offensively, couldn't produce against Shaquille O'neal and Tim Duncan (his era's best big men) when it mattered most, going 1-4 against them in playoff series'.

I don't think he's a hall of famer but I think he at least deserves consideration, if he wins one more title I think he can get it.

Spurred1
02-22-2009, 02:59 AM
Pretty unlikely HOF material. I'm assuming he was a great leader a while back. Nothing against Sheed, but I haven't seen anything approaching leadership for the past couple of years, esp. in last year's playoffs. Billups was always the leader, which is why the Pistons seem so...lost right now.

hotpotato1092
02-22-2009, 03:05 AM
Pretty unlikely HOF material. I'm assuming he was a great leader a while back. Nothing against Sheed, but I haven't seen anything approaching leadership for the past couple of years, esp. in last year's playoffs. Billups was always the leader, which is why the Pistons seem so...lost right now.

I've always seen him as a leader but I don't know what happened with the Pistons behind closed doors, but he fights for his teammates and he's a warrior, that's a leader in my eyes.

Spurred1
02-22-2009, 03:08 AM
I think we're going to have to agree to disagree. I don't see him as a leader at all.

LAKERS 24/7
02-22-2009, 03:13 AM
First thought that came to me was no. He has more than enough potential, but he smoked it away...

KB24PG16
02-22-2009, 03:25 AM
no but im sure he'll be on the ballot

mkool65
02-22-2009, 03:44 AM
HOF potential, he had one of the best skill-sets for a 7-footer ever. I don't seem him as the great leader either, he is more of an annoyance at most points in the season.

Big Zo
02-22-2009, 03:46 AM
No.

zambo4president
02-22-2009, 03:50 AM
No way.

carlo4444
02-22-2009, 04:00 AM
yeah no way

pippsux
02-22-2009, 04:07 AM
Easy cowboy!......Sheed has no business in the hall of fame!

jmass2323_SUNS!
02-22-2009, 04:16 AM
maybe for the most technicals EVER but that's it.....haha...no way is he a hall of famer

Lakersfan2483
02-22-2009, 04:39 AM
The case for: 4 time all star, great leader, one of the league's top defenders in his prime, 1 time NBA champion

The case against: Never voted all NBA, several character issues (he played for the jail blazers), was never dominant offensively, couldn't produce against Shaquille O'neal and Tim Duncan (his era's best big men) when it mattered most, going 1-4 against them in playoff series'.

I don't think he's a hall of famer but I think he at least deserves consideration, if he wins one more title I think he can get it.

No, he's never lived up to his potential, he has hall of fame talent, but based on what he's done, he's nowhere near being a hall of famer.

DODGERS&LAKERS
02-22-2009, 04:54 AM
No, he's never lived up to his potential, he has hall of fame talent, but based on what he's done, he's nowhere near being a hall of famer.

Agree. I dont think he comes close. Just a good player with lots of talent

Lakersfan2483
02-22-2009, 05:03 AM
Agree. I dont think he comes close. Just a good player with lots of talent

He doesn't have the accomplishments, numbers, etc.. to be worthy of the Hall of Fame.

bigvdebo86
02-22-2009, 05:23 AM
hell no

Yogi
02-22-2009, 09:10 AM
He's one of my favorite players, has been for a long time, but I don't know.

amwpr86
02-22-2009, 09:19 AM
Im not really sure. Should at least be on the ballot though. He was a big reason DET won the finals that year.

Jaji
02-22-2009, 10:10 AM
With all his talent, he could have and probably should have been the best PF ever. Seriously. 25 foot range, an unblockable shot, he could score from anywhere. He was also very capable of being a dominant defender and monster shot blocker.

He's just a head case though. I don't understand it. He could have easily averaged 28 points, 12 rebounds, and 4 blocks a game if he wanted to. It's a shame how he wasted that talent.

No HOF though.

drewstantontime
02-22-2009, 10:30 AM
I think we're going to have to agree to disagree. I don't see him as a leader at all.

Pistons fan here and your crazy if your gonna say hes not a leader. Charachter issues sure, but really nowadays, whats sports star doesnt have charachter issues. Sheed has been a very solid player in this league. Unlike most players, he continued to play hard after he signed that extension for Detroit. Hes been a leader for sure.

jpwjrnova
02-22-2009, 10:50 AM
He is the most overrated player is recent memory. What a bad guy. I say him play at Simon Gratz in Philly and he was a bad guy back then

No character

upt_
02-22-2009, 10:57 AM
Lol. No way.

LakerzDQ
02-22-2009, 11:14 AM
had potential, but wasted most of it.

no HOF.

CvilleRB28
02-22-2009, 11:14 AM
Nope

_Sn1P3r_
02-22-2009, 11:42 AM
No, I don't think so. I think he had the chance and talent to be one, but at times settled.

Kakaroach
02-22-2009, 11:42 AM
If Wallace was a true leader, then the Pistons would not be so bad right now. There is no doubt that he is not a hall-of-famer.

prodigy
02-22-2009, 11:52 AM
great leader, it.

He is only a 3 times all-star. He stole last seasons.

How is he a great leader? when he gets throw out of key games becasue he can't shut his mouth? Or when he cheapshots people and starts fights with just about everyone??? yep great leader.

rhymeratic
02-22-2009, 12:03 PM
You know what I think, league players respect his game greatly, that should say something there. He was at one point viewed as the prototypical PF. The dude had decent talent around him and thus didn't have to put up crazy offensive numbers. Great 2 way player and thus I think it's pretty possible he sneaks into the HOF.

Hustla23
02-22-2009, 12:49 PM
Hell no.

It's the hall of fame man.

Not the hall of very good.

hotpotato1092
02-22-2009, 03:05 PM
If you all read my first post I said I don't think he is either, but he could be with a few more accomplishments over the next few years, I just wanted to see what people thought

Kakaroach
02-22-2009, 03:08 PM
If Sheed wins like two more titles and becomes Finals MVP both times, then I think he would get in. Of course, that is a lot to ask.

Leafsleeve
02-22-2009, 03:17 PM
Sheed is like Webber, they should both get in

Hawkeye15
02-22-2009, 03:52 PM
even though the NBA HOF is kind of easy to get into, I don't think he makes the cut

IversonIsKrazy
02-22-2009, 06:29 PM
for the 9 ppl that said yes, im pretty sure were a gag. he isnt EVEN CLOSE to a HOF.

luckynumber_752
02-22-2009, 06:51 PM
He is not a future HOF. Anybody who thinks that Sheed is a leader knows absolutely nothing about him. I'm a Blazer fan, and I like Sheed, unlike most Blazer fans. I still like him now that he has been with the Pistons for several years. But the fact is that he is not a leader, never has been, and never will be. He is probably the biggest head case of all time. He had the ability to b one of the greatest players of all time, but he never wanted to b the man. He's really not a bad guy though. Just because he's a head case, gets alot of tech's, and got busted for pot, doesn't make him a bad guy. Half the people that think he's a bad guy r ****in hypocrits that smoke pot, have anger issues, and never amounted to their full potential. I don't know how anybody can believe that he's a leader though if they've payed any attention to him at all in his career. I've watched him his entire career. He's not a leader(he's never wanted to b THE man) and he's not a HOF(cause he was never a leader at all). Even the Pistons knew that he wasn't a leader when they signed him, they said he was the final piece to the puzzle.

DopieB
02-22-2009, 06:55 PM
I would say no, but the thing to think of is who will be on the ballot with him. If it's filed sub-par players, I could see him getting in.

Lakers4ItAll
02-22-2009, 07:03 PM
No way

Leafsleeve
02-22-2009, 07:06 PM
He is not a future HOF. Anybody who thinks that Sheed is a leader knows absolutely nothing about him. I'm a Blazer fan, and I like Sheed, unlike most Blazer fans. I still like him now that he has been with the Pistons for several years. But the fact is that he is not a leader, never has been, and never will be. He is probably the biggest head case of all time. He had the ability to b one of the greatest players of all time, but he never wanted to b the man. He's really not a bad guy though. Just because he's a head case, gets alot of tech's, and got busted for pot, doesn't make him a bad guy. Half the people that think he's a bad guy r ****in hypocrits that smoke pot, have anger issues, and never amounted to their full potential. I don't know how anybody can believe that he's a leader though if they've payed any attention to him at all in his career. I've watched him his entire career. He's not a leader(he's never wanted to b THE man) and he's not a HOF(cause he was never a leader at all). Even the Pistons knew that he wasn't a leader when they signed him, they said he was the final piece to the puzzle.

Probably 75% of the nba smoke pot...who cares

Kakaroach
02-22-2009, 07:40 PM
Probably 75% of the nba smoke pot...who cares Lol no way does 3 out of every 4 players in the NBA smoke pot. I'd say much closer to 5-10%, and that is stretching it.

chicagowhitesox
02-22-2009, 07:50 PM
i say no. he's really unique with his blocks and threes, but not quite hof caliber.

JD from MD
02-22-2009, 08:04 PM
Isn't it the Basketball Hall of Fame and they consider high school and college also. So you would have to look at what he did as a whole. If you take a look at his high school, college and NBA career then I would say yes he gets in.

Chronz
02-22-2009, 08:13 PM
Lol no way does 3 out of every 4 players in the NBA smoke pot. I'd say much closer to 5-10%, and that is stretching it.

His estimate is closer to reality than yours

PS Are you mormon?

still1ballin
02-22-2009, 08:15 PM
No way!

Kakaroach
02-22-2009, 08:18 PM
His estimate is closer to reality than yours

PS Are you mormon? No, I am not a Mormon but I do not believe that 3 out of every 4 NBA players smoke pot. That is pretty close to ridiculous.

BigSteve
02-22-2009, 08:43 PM
I pretty much agree with everyone else. He had the potential to be one of the greats, but he never panned out. Kinda the old arguement that the only player that could stop him was him. He reminds me alot of Derrick Coleman. With his skill-set Coleman should have been the greatest PF to ever play the game.

luckynumber_752
02-22-2009, 09:43 PM
Probably 75% of the nba smoke pot...who cares

I don't know y u quoted me. I was saying that I like Sheed. I was saying that most of the people that don't like him for his attributes(smoking pot, having anger issues, and never amounting to his full potential) are hypocrits. I smoke pot, have had anger issues in my life, and haven't amounted to my full potential in life, but i'm not a bad guy. That was my point. But to put Sheed in the HOF would b like giving me a Nobel Peace Prize. Sheed is not a leader or a HOF'er but he's not a bad guy either.

And BTW. I doubt 75% of the NBA smokes pot. But ok.:clap:

JJ81
02-22-2009, 09:55 PM
Nah

albertc86
02-22-2009, 09:57 PM
No, he won't make the HOF. Why? All those years in Portland and his temper. He hasn't exactly been the greatest ambassador for the NBA.

shen
02-23-2009, 07:50 AM
This one is kinda hard for me as I watched him for many years and was very angry when he was traded to Atlanta though I was also glad to see him finally get a ring. He has played good enough to get in the hall of fame being as he was one of the most complete players in the league for many years. However his emotions which at times served him well also got him in a lot of trouble which is what he will be most remembered for. I think he should but won't get in.