PDA

View Full Version : KG out 2-3 weeks with right knee strain

G-Funk
02-21-2009, 07:20 PM
The Boston Celtics say forward Kevin Garnett will miss two to three weeks because of a strained muscle behind his right knee.

What does this mean to the team? will they end up with the best record?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3923944

G-Funk
02-21-2009, 07:25 PM
Say good bye to homecourt.

KeithLBC
02-21-2009, 07:31 PM

Seems you just answered your own question :D

I don't think they'll be able to stay ahead of the Cavs in the east, but who knows, maybe the seeding will help the C's come playoff time :shrug:

G-Funk
02-21-2009, 07:36 PM
That means Magic, Cavs and Lakers^ I don't see how that can help them

KeithLBC
02-21-2009, 07:44 PM
That means Magic, Cavs and Lakers^ I don't see how that can help them

My thought behind that was that if the Celtics end up with the #2 seed, the Pistons end up #7, and the Knicks #8, I'd rather play the Pistons, even without homecourt advantage :shrug:

KB24PG16
02-21-2009, 07:50 PM
bad news they wont get homecourt now cavs got it big loss. espn is trying to act like this is a good thing for the celtics. lets be honest its not. they lost homecourt imo

G-Funk
02-21-2009, 07:58 PM
My thought behind that was that if the Celtics end up with the #2 seed, the Pistons end up #7, and the Knicks #8, I'd rather play the Pistons, even without homecourt advantage :shrug:

they will have to see the Magic as well

JordansBulls
02-21-2009, 07:58 PM

I don't think it is as vital when you have already won the title. It is more vital for teams that haven't won it all yet.

G-Funk
02-21-2009, 08:00 PM
I don't think it is as vital when you have already won the title. It is more vital for teams that haven't won it all yet.

they will lose against the Cavs or the Lakers because of homecourt, the Cavs and Lakers won't be easy at all.

KeithLBC
02-21-2009, 08:01 PM

Explain your thinking behind why it's more vital for a team that hasn't won it all? Without HCA last year, the Celtics don't get past round #1 :confused:

Free Throw
02-21-2009, 08:03 PM
they will lose against the Cavs or the Lakers because of homecourt, the Cavs and Lakers won't be easy at all.

Agreed, let's not forget just how much they needed homecourt in the first two rounds last year. 7 games each.

Frrrrank!!!
02-21-2009, 08:47 PM
I would have to agree that without KG, I don't see how the C's get homecourt.

JordansBulls
02-21-2009, 08:50 PM
Explain your thinking behind why it's more vital for a team that hasn't won it all? Without HCA last year, the Celtics don't get past round #1 :confused:

Yeah that is why it was vital for them last year. They weren't champions yet.

This year it may not be as vital because they know how to win a big game when needed.

Kakaroach
02-21-2009, 08:54 PM
Well HCA is important. If its a close game, I'd rather be at home instead of on the road. Remember, they still have Pierce and Allen so they shouldn't drop too far.

MVMarauder
02-21-2009, 08:55 PM
Celtics are done. I don't see them making the finals at the end of the season.

Spurred1
02-21-2009, 09:03 PM
I think people are writing the Celtics off a bit early.

sacgiants1213
02-21-2009, 09:05 PM
mikki moore will have a job very soon.

Kakaroach
02-21-2009, 09:08 PM
mikki moore will have a job very soon. Yep, he or Joe Smith will be green in the Garden very soon.

SJSHARKIES
02-21-2009, 09:11 PM
This is a stupid thread, it's only 2 to 3 weeks, they play a lot of games in that span, but **** there still gonna make playoffs. What happens nothing you move on and everyone has to elevate there games to make up for the loss of KG especially Pierce and Allen.

drew_ellis_23
02-21-2009, 09:20 PM
He will be back and fine before playoffs but homecourt is bye bye. Lakers are going to win it all anyway so who cares. And that is coming from a Blazer fan. I hate the Lakers. But man they look good.

SJSHARKIES
02-21-2009, 09:24 PM

Great point, Boston has been there and done it. They know what it takes to win it all, home court loss is NOT that big of a deal. Great teams find a way to win.

Frrrrank!!!
02-21-2009, 09:41 PM
Celtics are done. I don't see them making the finals at the end of the season.

Because KG is out for 2-3 weeks?:confused:

G-Funk
02-21-2009, 10:24 PM
Yeah that is why it was vital for them last year. They weren't champions yet.

This year it may not be as vital because they know how to win a big game when needed.

No way not against 2 teams as good as the Lakers and Cavs they may be able to survive 1 series but not 2 in a roll.

G-Funk
02-21-2009, 10:25 PM
Great point, Boston has been there and done it. They know what it takes to win it all, home court loss is NOT that big of a deal. Great teams find a way to win.

Only problem is that the Celtics are not the only great team in the league.

SJSHARKIES
02-21-2009, 10:39 PM
Only problem is that the Celtics are not the only great team in the league.

I don't think you understand, Celtics are still going to make playoffs. KG will be back by than, whether they get home court or not it doesn't matter. Thus, great teams find a way to win.

bostncelts34
02-22-2009, 12:18 AM
..i love how everyone is saying the celtics are done.

1. KG missed 10 games last year with an abdominal strain. celtics record 8-2.
2. as long as the celtics are healthy come playoff time. They have the ability to beat anyone, anywhere.

bostncelts34
02-22-2009, 12:20 AM
No way not against 2 teams as good as the Lakers and Cavs they may be able to survive 1 series but not 2 in a roll.

.....So your saying the lakers and cavs will be able to because they just 1 more gme at home during their series? lol give me break.

Lakers will have tough series out west against SA, NO and so on. Just as CLE and BOS will have tough series.

3lite-Raps
02-22-2009, 12:40 AM
good hes a moron

Frrrrank!!!
02-22-2009, 01:14 AM
good hes a moron

:pity:

albertc86
02-22-2009, 01:20 AM
I don't see the Celtics repeating this year. They made a mistake by not acquiring anyone significant to help their cause for a repeat.

Frrrrank!!!
02-22-2009, 01:21 AM
I don't see the Celtics repeating this year. They made a mistake by not acquiring anyone significant to help their cause for a repeat.

They can still pick up players through buyouts.

still1ballin
02-22-2009, 01:38 AM

Didn't they have trouble winning on other teams home court in the playoffs last year? Remember the Cavs have only one loss at home. Homecourt is vital especially for the C's.

Arac
02-22-2009, 02:21 AM
Homecourt was really important for us last year, that is true.

But I'm not even ruling out homecourt advantage for us. I don't see why can't we have it at the end of the season. We have ONE more loss than the Cavaliers. And don't forget that we'll still face off twice! And we still have 20+ games to play.

We play well even without Kevin Garnett.

Now, I'm not completly one sided. Without Garnett for that long, we'll have to work really hard to get homecourt advantage. Specially with the Cavaliers playing so well.

One thing, though: April 12th. Mark that down. It might just come down to that.

Er1c
02-22-2009, 02:33 AM
hahaa

G-Funk
02-22-2009, 02:59 AM
.....So your saying the lakers and cavs will be able to because they just 1 more gme at home during their series? lol give me break.

Lakers will have tough series out west against SA, NO and so on. Just as CLE and BOS will have tough series.

History shows home court really does matter. don't believe me look it up.

DaaBoTownSox
02-22-2009, 03:18 AM

Why didn't you just name this thread "Everybody who hates on the Celtics"?

I didn't read all the pages, but from your first few posts, I can determine that you careless what happens.

So, why create the thread (other than to bash the Celtics)?

G-Funk
02-22-2009, 03:25 AM
Why didn't you just name this thread "Everybody who hates on the Celtics"?

I didn't read all the pages, but from your first few posts, I can determine that you careless what happens.

So, why create the thread (other than to bash the Celtics)?

How am I bashing the Celtics? Just because I feel that you guys are going to lose home court advantage because you lost the best player in ur team for 2 weeks?

#1Mavericksfan
02-22-2009, 03:29 AM
hahaa

Come on now...if a another Laker player get's hurt it's not gonna be funny is it?...Celtics are geting so much hate on this forum.

DaaBoTownSox
02-22-2009, 03:29 AM
How am I bashing the Celtics? Just because I feel that you guys are going to lose home court advantage because you lost the best player in ur team for 2 weeks?

How can you be so sure they will lose homecourt advantage? Chances are that they will, but you never know.

Anyways, i'd rather have a well rested & healthy KG come playoff time.

G-Funk
02-22-2009, 03:39 AM
How can you be so sure they will lose homecourt advantage? Chances are that they will, but you never know.

Anyways, i'd rather have a well rested & healthy KG come playoff time.

No one knows. Im going based on what's going on in the NBA right now, I think that they will lose it(home court), but that's just an opinion.

If C's were ahead of the Lakers and Cavs 2 1/2 games I would say they still have a great chance but since those 2 teams are playing great I find it hard for the C's to get it. Specially this years home court advantage will come down to the wire.

every game counts.

DaaBoTownSox
02-22-2009, 03:42 AM
I don't know but since im going based on what's going on in the NBA right now, I think that they will lose it, but that's just an opinion.

Well, I guess we're just going to have to wait & see.

Bottom line is, we worry about KG's health first...then homecourt (should we still have it in sight). I'm sure that's how management is thinking of it.

DODGERS&LAKERS
02-22-2009, 04:06 AM
Oh no, I dont want anything but a healthy Celtic or Cavs team in the finals. Get better KG!

BoltLakerPadre
02-22-2009, 04:12 AM

Really, you think so? I don't think there are many coaches that would agree with that statement. I think whoever has home court advantage will win the East. The second seed will have to play the third seed in the second round, that could be Orlando.

ElMarroAfamado
02-22-2009, 05:42 AM
I think people are writing the Celtics off a bit early.

what happens to this point on and lets see if you feel the same way
the Celtics are NOTHING without KG
even with Paul Pierce and allen its not enough

its funny when they try to bring in the bench and leave paul pierce with the bums
or ray allen with the bums
it never works out

just watch

Arac
02-22-2009, 06:02 AM
We were 8-2 without KG last year. Get your facts right, son.

DaaBoTownSox
02-22-2009, 06:07 AM
what happens to this point on and lets see if you feel the same way
the Celtics are NOTHING without KGeven with Paul Pierce and allen its not enough

its funny when they try to bring in the bench and leave paul pierce with the bums
or ray allen with the bums
it never works out

just watch

Honestly, he's not even our best player. Aside from that though, we'll be ok without him.

SJSHARKIES
02-22-2009, 02:07 PM
Honestly, he's not even our best player. Aside from that though, we'll be ok without him.

KG is your best player no offense to Paul Pierce. KG is the heart and soul of that defense/team. He doesn't have to put up big numbers to be considered your best player.

Hawkeye15
02-22-2009, 02:28 PM
Homecourt means little if you are defending champs. If the Celtics enter the postseason healthy, they will, and should be favorites.

lorenz00
02-22-2009, 05:45 PM
yesss. lol/.. i hate him when he became celtics but when he was in Minnesota i idolize him

KmB728
02-22-2009, 06:13 PM
G Funk i see you are still very very upset about last years finals....

Homecourt doesnt guarentee victories if that was the case why even play the game?

the Celtics can win on the road... remember that 24 point comeback at the staples center??? hahahaha

NYMetros
02-22-2009, 06:17 PM
KG is your best player no offense to Paul Pierce. KG is the heart and soul of that defense/team. He doesn't have to put up big numbers to be considered your best player.

I don't think so. I'm pretty sure the Celtics are like 11-1 (or somewhere around there) with KG not playing.

Corey
02-22-2009, 06:19 PM
Yea, the past two season's we're 11-1. Other players step up when KG goes down. Example: Rondo scoring 32 while posting 11 assists and 6 rebs against the suns today.

G-Funk
02-22-2009, 06:19 PM
G Funk i see you are still very very upset about last years finals....

Homecourt doesnt guarentee victories if that was the case why even play the game?

the Celtics can win on the road... remember that 24 point comeback at the staples center??? hahahaha

What I remember more about the Finals is how the refs handed it to you....hahaha

and im over it. you guys were all healthy, we wearn't.... this year no one fears your team.

Corey
02-22-2009, 06:21 PM
What I remember more about the Finals is how the refs handed it to you....hahaha

and im over it. you guys were all healthy, we wearn't.... this year no one fears your team.

Refs can hand a game over occasionally, but they never hand a series over. Don't delude yourself.

G-Funk
02-22-2009, 06:28 PM
Refs can hand a game over occasionally, but they never hand a series over. Don't delude yourself.

That shot was not intended to the C's fan who took a shot at my team... but since you got involved I would say that yes the refs can hand over a series when they give you the most important game of the series, game 2! only 2 teams in NBA history have ever came back from 0-2 deficit and the refs really put our backs against the wall that game.

Corey
02-22-2009, 06:36 PM
So you're blaming the refs for putting you in a hole in game two...What's your excuse for game one then?

G-Funk
02-22-2009, 06:39 PM
So you're blaming the refs for putting you in a hole in game two...What's your excuse for game one then?

I don't have one I just know that the Lakers almost came back in game 2, if it wasn't for those stupid calls we would have probably won that game, I don't want to talk about this shyt no more, it's pointless you guys had the better teeam that year oh well, this is a new year and Lakers will win it. let it go like I said I was just taking a shot at KmB728 cause he took one at me. Just let that go and get back on subject.