PDA

View Full Version : any one see charlie V last night??

robcat
02-21-2009, 03:55 AM
I wish someone on the raptors would do something like that. Im not saying one of your best players getting ejected but he atleast showing some emotion. Right now this is a lifeless boring team. I could watch the raps loose with jalen rose and mo pete as their best players but not like this when the team actually has talent on the roster. I cant even watch the game its so frustrating. I want to hit someone when i watch the game how come they dont.

I hope the rest of the games are on tsn2 so i dont have to put myself through this anymore.

RapToronto95
02-21-2009, 04:07 AM
We had someone who would do that, bring toughness to the team and not take **** from other players. He brought emotion and energy but, we traded him away for Marion.

But it is true, our team is so lifeless. I was watching the first quarter of the raps game, and right from the tipoff the raptors showed barely any emotion! Since it was a blowout by the 2nd quarter, I quickly tuned into the Mavs/Rockets game and was entertained right at the second I saw them play. Where has the desire to win/emotions gone this team had before with Vince, Jalen and Mo Pete? Well with a losing record, there is just no desire anymore so might as well stop making excuses and just throw out the season.

RapToronto95
02-21-2009, 04:07 AM
double post by accident. plz delete :)

carlo4444
02-21-2009, 06:25 AM
get mo pete back :P

blujaysrock
02-21-2009, 09:05 AM
It's like we just don't want to play anymore.

Bob_at_york
02-21-2009, 09:48 AM
robcat, I know you are depressed over what you saw last night but I think because of that you didn't see Bargnani give a hard foul and get into the guy's face a bit. Sure he didn't get ejected but he showed some fire on that play, at least the kind of fire that compares with the Charlie example.

CB4real
02-21-2009, 10:21 AM
playing with grit isn't one play, or one move it's a consistent style of play, it's a confidence to know that you have every right and every ability to win! That's what the raptors are missing. It's simply ignorance to look past it.

I also find this team has no purpose when they play because their leader is selfish. Chris Bosh I have found is a very selfish player, if he's having a bad game he gives up on the team. A real leader like a Kevin Garnett NEVER STOPS pushing his team, and he is the lifeblood of the team. Likewise a Lebron James, Kobe Bryant, Chris Paul, Tim Duncan etc... they all have those intangibles that make their team a winner...real leadership

robcat
02-21-2009, 11:47 AM
robcat, I know you are depressed over what you saw last night but I think because of that you didn't see Bargnani give a hard foul and get into the guy's face a bit. Sure he didn't get ejected but he showed some fire on that play, at least the kind of fire that compares with the Charlie example.

By the time he did that they were out of the game.

ramz.n
02-21-2009, 12:09 PM
ya there goal of 19-7..doesn't seem like its going to happen..maybe they have given up on the season??:confused:

Raptor Analyst
02-21-2009, 12:19 PM
The Raptors are the softest team in the NBA

tjroihenu
02-21-2009, 12:25 PM

Lol, That's what you call getting into someone's face? I dont think he knew what was going on.

It looked more like the guy was trying to pick up a girl (Bargs) shying away.

Bob_at_york
02-21-2009, 12:42 PM
By the time he did that they were out of the game.
what does that matter? Are you saying that you think it is alright for a team to give up and be soft when they are down 20 points? Because I like that I still saw some fire at that point.

Bob_at_york
02-21-2009, 12:43 PM
Lol, That's what you call getting into someone's face? I dont think he knew what was going on.

It looked more like the guy was trying to pick up a girl (Bargs) shying away.

I am not sure what you are saying here. Are you calling Bargs the girl? Who is the "he" in your first sentence?

More shats!
02-21-2009, 02:08 PM
CV is choking people now! Awesome!

ink
02-21-2009, 02:13 PM
CV is choking people now! Awesome!

Yeah that will probably win the Bucks a lot of games. :rolleyes:

We want grit and toughness, not players losing their cool.

More shats!
02-21-2009, 02:18 PM
Yeah that will probably win the Bucks a lot of games. :rolleyes:

We want grit and toughness, not players losing their cool.

When will people learn sarcasm:rolleyes:

It looks like people in here lost there brains and can't relly understand stuff this days.

ink
02-21-2009, 02:46 PM
When will people learn sarcasm:rolleyes:

It looks like people in here lost there brains and can't relly understand stuff this days.

Relly? ;)

It's hard enough to get through the writing let alone see sarcasm.

LD V2.0
02-21-2009, 04:15 PM
I wish someone on the raptors would do something like that. Im not saying one of your best players getting ejected but he atleast showing some emotion. Right now this is a lifeless boring team. I could watch the raps loose with jalen rose and mo pete as their best players but not like this when the team actually has talent on the roster. I cant even watch the game its so frustrating. I want to hit someone when i watch the game how come they dont.

I hope the rest of the games are on tsn2 so i dont have to put myself through this anymore.

Am I the only one who remembers Charlie V being laid back and almost looking as though he was day dreaming on the court. So he got fired up once, that doesn't mean all of the sudden he's tough and has an edge.

Musical Tempo
02-21-2009, 04:54 PM
I would have to agree with LD V2.0 on this one. Charlie V isn't a prime example of team toughness.

I feel we are a lost cause. Jay Triano seems to have his heart and emotions in the right place, game in, and out. He got thrown out one game, has his head in his hands the entire Knicks games, has lost a few gray hairs here and there, and most of all shows passion from the side lines. As for the players I cannot name one player who has the same passion, heart, and emotions for the 48minutes of the game. We see glimpse of player get angry, or show some emotions, but its usually over not getting a foul call. Maybe Trano is trying to prove his worth as a HC in the NBA, but still the passion is there this season.

POB pick last night on Nate Robinson should have happened in the 2nd quarter then Nate was high-fiving to fans rubbing the insult to injury even more in our face especially with the stupid dribbles he did up the court. Why didn't Bargnani, Bosh,and Jose lay him out on a pick, who cares you get a PF, or Technical Fould. If a fight broke out, it would have been due to Nate Robinson reaction (similar to when Robert Horry, laid out Nash looks how that turned out in the Spurs favour, maybe that's why they have a championship every odd year for the last 6?). I wouldn't expect Marion since clearly he is still trying to establish himself with the team chemistry during the games.

What pissed me of the most was Bosh joking around with David Lee. I'm not a jerk who think people shouldn't joke around, but when you getting blown out 42-(w.e) at the end of the 1st quarter its no time to laugh and joke around.

I feel Joey Graham was the only guy going at the heart of the team. Fighting pushing David Lee around every chance he could get. Could be the fact that they are from the same draft class and Joey wants some revenage but I actually saw more toughness in a guy who was our deep bench warmer to start the season then I do with player who get max money for their respect position, and have a starting spot.