PDA

View Full Version : Garnett hops off floor on one foot...

Where's KG?
02-20-2009, 12:53 AM
Watching Utah and Boston. KG just jumped, didnt come down hard or nothin, but could not put any pressure on his right leg.....this could be interesting...

Boozerguy47
02-20-2009, 12:54 AM
Looked like he hurt it on the start of leap or something odd...

Corey
02-20-2009, 12:55 AM
I think they just said the early diagnosis was a sprained ankle. I hope that's all it is.

Kakaroach
02-20-2009, 12:56 AM
I'm watching the game too and he hobbled to the locker room. Looked pretty bad the way he was limping.

GoatMilk
02-20-2009, 12:58 AM
looked like a dislocated knee cap like Bynum's last season
but I'm no doctor, it just looked like that to me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smYeWngC0-8
well, maybe not

NYMetros
02-20-2009, 12:58 AM
Looked serious.

Corey
02-20-2009, 12:59 AM
i hope its a broken ankle lol

I don't care if you like someone or not, but you're a complete *** if you're wishing injury upon someone.

Duncan = Donkey
02-20-2009, 01:00 AM
lol, i was clearly joking

Corey
02-20-2009, 01:00 AM
lol, i was clearly joking

Yea, because that's definitely something to joke about.

Duncan = Donkey
02-20-2009, 01:02 AM
its an ankle sprain for christ sake, he hasnt been killed.

what54!?
02-20-2009, 01:03 AM
probably just a sprained ankle

Corey
02-20-2009, 01:04 AM

Terrible attempt at a joke, then. Typically injury isn't the best source of humor.

And it could be a lot worse than just a sprained ankle. There was no contact on the play, so it could be something more serious.

GoatMilk
02-20-2009, 01:05 AM
looked like an achilles
those are really really bad.

soundjunkies2
it didnt look like a sprained ankle,didnt see any turns or twist.

Ni55anpat

I hope its not a broken ankle.

I just hope he is out for the yr:clap:

still1ballin

rofl

Not even me wishes KG to have that. And I hate the celtics with a passion. Just don't like to see players get injured.

Duncan = Donkey
02-20-2009, 01:06 AM
Terrible attempt at a joke, then. Typically injury isn't the best source of humor.

And it could be a lot worse than just a sprained ankle. There was no contact on the play, so it could be something more serious.

watever, im getting into a stupid arguement over this.

EddieB
02-20-2009, 01:06 AM
wow

Corey
02-20-2009, 01:07 AM
looked like an achilles
those are really really bad.

That's what I was thinking.

yuns554
02-20-2009, 01:07 AM

and i hope you get hit by a car :clap:

Deezy Dee 24
02-20-2009, 01:08 AM

hahahahahaha damn that guy loves KG huh?

Kakaroach
02-20-2009, 01:08 AM
Still no report from Cheryl Miller. What is taking her so long?

Where's KG?
02-20-2009, 01:09 AM
Seriously here for a moment.....never wish injury upon a ny player. Being a Twolves fan and losin Big Al for the season sucked....even if we suck. I grew up on Garnett though. At any rate, if by chance it is a serious injury, are the Celtics even the best team in the East anymore?

Corey
02-20-2009, 01:09 AM
Still no report from Cheryl Miller. What is taking her so long?

:laugh:

GoatMilk
02-20-2009, 01:10 AM
awww he fine....how cute

Ni55anpat
02-20-2009, 01:11 AM
He's fine.......life can go on

Kakaroach
02-20-2009, 01:11 AM
Okay he's fine lol. Out there shooting. Should be an interesting second-half.

GoatMilk
02-20-2009, 01:12 AM
wonder what it was?

Drunk Kosar 19
02-20-2009, 01:12 AM
he's done, now they gotta get joe smith

BarryIsInnocent
02-20-2009, 01:14 AM

Had it been a laker it would be funny though right? KG is a Prick honestly he deserves it

More-Than-Most
02-20-2009, 01:18 AM

Stop being a girl. If he thinks its a joke then so be it... If this happened to Kobe Bryant you probably would be giddy as well but You would just keep it to yourself. Its not like he was shot in the head... Its not life threatening. Here does this make you feel better... I hope his smug *** is done for the year but I hope he makes a full recovery and ends up being just fine in the long run. The big 3 might have just become the Tiny 2s.

Frrrrank!!!
02-20-2009, 01:19 AM
Had it been a laker it would be funny though right? KG is a Prick honestly he deserves it

:pity:

NYMetros
Seriously here for a moment.....never wish injury upon a ny player. Being a Twolves fan and losin Big Al for the season sucked....even if we suck. I grew up on Garnett though. At any rate, if by chance it is a serious injury, are the Celtics even the best team in the East anymore?

Cleveland is the better team if Garnett has to miss the rest of the year.

It doesn't look too bad though. Just a strain.

yuns554
he has a sprained right knee and will not return

Corey
02-20-2009, 01:20 AM
I'm a girl for saying that wishing injury upon someone is a douchebag move? No. I don't care who the player is, or for what team he plays for. I can actually respect the game, and realize what's allowed to be joked about in good taste. Apparently a handful of you cannot.

If you don't like what I have to say, why does everyone keep responding to it?

yuns554
02-20-2009, 01:21 AM
Stop being a girl. If he thinks its a joke then so be it... If this happened to Kobe Bryant you probably would be giddy as well but You would just keep it to yourself. Its not like he was shot in the head... Its not life threatening. Here does this make you feel better... I hope his smug *** is done for the year but I hope he makes a full recovery and ends up being just fine in the long run. The big 3 might have just become the Tiny 2s.

so if its not life threatening its ok? so if someone gets paralyzed we can make fun of them? hmm great morals..:eyebrow:

II KB KG II
02-20-2009, 01:23 AM
now you know how we feel

Kakaroach
02-20-2009, 01:23 AM
so if its not life threatening its ok? so if someone gets paralyzed we can make fun of them? hmm great morals..:eyebrow: I know right? How lame injury is horrible. As a Jazz fan, I should know.

desertlakeshow
02-20-2009, 01:26 AM
Nothing worse than

Torn acl/mcl
dislocated kneecap
broken hip
burst spleen
heart attack
dislocated spine
gangreen
leprocy
broken limbs (not to include arms)
shattered hopes and dreams

nothing permanant of course
god I hate the color green

Kakaroach
02-20-2009, 01:27 AM
This thread is just turning into another one of those Lakers vs. Celtics fans thread.

Kakaroach
02-20-2009, 01:28 AM
How about get off your high horse and take the log out of your ***. That would help. How about you calm down and stop over-reacting to to nothing...:pity:

Frrrrank!!!
02-20-2009, 01:29 AM
I clearly said multiple times that it wouldn't matter who the player is. If it was Kobe or Bynum, or anyone else for that matter...I'd say the same thing.

How's it hard to understand?

Some people just don't respect the game?:shrug:

kEviN21
02-20-2009, 01:29 AM
He will be good

S.J.Basketball
02-20-2009, 01:31 AM
How about you calm down and stop over-reacting to to nothing...:pity:

I'm not overreacting at all. Where in my posts does it look like I'm overreacting? Imagine someone smoking a spliff and chillin. Does that help?

theimortalone
02-20-2009, 01:33 AM
Hey don't defend you're boyfriend too vigorously. Makes you look ********.

Are you trying to say "defend you are boyfriend"? Its pronounced YOUR! :D Just thought I would let you know! :)

Kakaroach
I'm not overreacting at all. Where in my posts does it look like I'm overreacting? Imagine someone smoking a spliff and chillin. Does that help? Not when you talk about logs in some places.....

yuns554
I'm not overreacting at all. Where in my posts does it look like I'm overreacting? Imagine someone smoking a spliff and chillin. Does that help?

"How about get off your high horse and take the log out of your ***. That would help."

that would be called overreacting

S.J.Basketball
02-20-2009, 01:36 AM
Are you trying to say "defend you are boyfriend"? Its pronounced YOUR! :D Just thought I would let you know! :)

LoL good catch.:clap:

Arac
02-20-2009, 01:36 AM
It's sprained, he won't return to the game, and only further avaliation will tell us how long he'll be out. Hopefully he will be back soon.

There we go, no need to get into further pointless discussions.

theimortalone
02-20-2009, 01:37 AM
LoL good catch.:clap:

Haha yep, anytime! ;)

ARMIN12NBA
02-20-2009, 01:39 AM
Is this another acting job by a Celtic? I swear. KG lands on his left foot yet his right foot is injured. His left was the one that landed awkwardly yet he walked off with his left foot and his right foot in the air. Doesn't make any sense... :confused:

borat
02-20-2009, 01:40 AM
If that was Pierce he would have been taken out on a wheelchair, passed out from shock, and would have been rushed to a local hospital for further observation.

Status report the next day= Day to day.

Living Legend
02-20-2009, 01:42 AM
I would like to infuse some tranquility.

Arac
02-20-2009, 01:42 AM
Is this another acting job by a Celtic? I swear. KG lands on his left foot yet his right foot is injured. His left was the one that landed awkwardly yet he walked off with his left foot and his right foot in the air. Doesn't make any sense... :confused:

No, sir. The reason why KG landed on the uninjured foot was exactly because he felt awkward when he JUMPED, not when he landed.

S.J.Basketball
02-20-2009, 01:44 AM
If that was Pierce he would have been taken out on a wheelchair, passed out from shock, and would have been rushed to a local hospital for further observation.

:clap::clap::clap::smoking:

ARMIN12NBA
02-20-2009, 01:44 AM
No, sir. The reason why KG landed on the uninjured foot was exactly because he felt awkward when he JUMPED, not when he landed.

I still highly doubt that there is anything serious. The Celtics are a bit dramatic and I think this will prove to be another case of overreacting.

ARMIN12NBA
02-20-2009, 01:47 AM

Not even that. He would've come back from the hospital before the game ended and would have been better than ever. Heck, he would even regain a step or two while jumping and dancing for joy.

sp1derm00
02-20-2009, 01:47 AM
and across the NBA, little men everywhere starts cheering....

Jay22Redd
02-20-2009, 01:48 AM
I don't care if you like someone or not, but you're a complete *** if you're wishing injury upon someone.

Really!

I dont like KG but hope its not nothing serious. Especially as a Rockets Fan.:(

Arac
02-20-2009, 01:49 AM
There's one thing called overreacting and another called overprotecting.

The C's never claimed that KG would need 5 weeks to rest. They never claimed that it was a dangerous injury. Danny Ainge was interviewed and he said it was a sprain, and that they were going to keep him out so he wouldn't aggravate it.

As I see it, the Celtics are only trying to protct KG, and not taking any chances on losing him for more time.

And as Danny said it himself, it's not really serious.

Squigga420
02-20-2009, 01:54 AM
haha people act like its messed up to laugh at KG gettin hurt. who cares? u think he cares if u sprain ur ankle? its not the end of the world. just hopefully the end of a boston teams season

Corey
02-20-2009, 01:56 AM
Theres a difference between caring and being considerate.

Arac
02-20-2009, 01:59 AM
haha people act like its messed up to laugh at KG gettin hurt. who cares? u think he cares if u sprain ur ankle? its not the end of the world. just hopefully the end of a boston teams season

Sir, that was a stupid argument. We have no affect whatsoever in his life. Him, however, would upset quite a few of us if he didn't play.

As Corey pointed, injuries are always bad, and the only thing you can do is hope it's not too severe. Hell, I'm a Boston fan, still I'd hate to see Kobe, Lebron, or whoever down. It brings the intensity of the game to a lower level. Not only that, the athlete himself would be disappointed.

S.J.Basketball
02-20-2009, 02:00 AM

I hope he's out for the season. How's that for considerate? Welcome to our world beeaatch. Lemme roll the red carpet out for ya:smoking:

HoLLyWooD PLK

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Lakermania33
Just waiting for him to skip back back out on the floor any minute. You know those Celtic's are great actors.

Squigga420
02-20-2009, 02:01 AM

most boston fans wouldnt care about there players getting hurt before last years finals

LA_Bron
02-20-2009, 02:03 AM
I do hope he's ok; I wouldn't feel satisfied winning the championship without a fully equipped contender. Non-Boston fans, don't be wishing for an injury to be worse for your teams success to be easier; it is classless.

With all that being said, KG is gonna join my signature if he comes back in few games. You don't go hopping off on one leg to coming back right away. Than again, Pierce was back in few minutes after being on an wheelchair...

First, Schilling with the red sharpie, then Pierce with the fake leg injury. I have respect for you KG, hated or not. Please don't join that list...

yuns554
I hope he's out for the season. How's that for considerate? Welcome to our world beeaatch. Lemme roll the red carpet out for ya:smoking:

wat does the red carpet hav to do with anything?:eyebrow:

HoLLyWooD PLK
Just waiting for him to skip back back out on the floor any minute. You know those Celtic's are great actors.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Squigga420
02-20-2009, 02:04 AM
Sir, that was a stupid argument. We have no affect whatsoever in his life. Him, however, would upset quite a few of us if he didn't play.

As Corey pointed, injuries are always bad, and the only thing you can do is hope it's not too severe. Hell, I'm a Boston fan, still I'd hate to see Kobe, Lebron, or whoever down. It brings the intensity of the game to a lower level. Not only that, the athlete himself would be disappointed.

I bet...get off your high horse. If u are a boston fan u would love to see Kobe out of the picture. Dont even tell me that BS

Corey
02-20-2009, 02:04 AM
most boston fans wouldnt care about there players getting hurt before last years finals

I've been following the C's since Pierce got drafted out of Kansas when I was 8. He was my all time favorite college player, and it translated into the NBA. Just so happens my family moved to Massachusetts the next year. Worked out swell.

NYMetros
02-20-2009, 02:05 AM

You realize Pierce was still bothered by that injury into this season and had to wear a brace on his knee to start the year, right?

Pierce is honestly one of the tougher guys in the league. He never really misses a game except for 2 years ago when he had a problem with his foot.

Squigga420
02-20-2009, 02:07 AM
I've been following the C's since Pierce got drafted out of Kansas when I was 8. He was my all time favorite college player, and it translated into the NBA. Just so happens my family moved to Massachusetts the next year. Worked out swell.

Thats fine but im pretty sure I saw bags on the fans heads and Doc must go signs just a couple years ago...Not saying all Celtic fans are bandwagon but its pretty bad

Arac
02-20-2009, 02:07 AM
That's the reason why it's impossible to have a reasonable argument with people on the forum. That's the reason why people are so easy jumping the gun and thinking that Lakers fan are dumb and that Celtics fans are bandwagoners.

If people are so quick to disrespect others, if you guys are so fast to call Celtics fans names, and hope that something bad happens to our players, then you don't like the game. You're only a fool, putting up pathetic arguments that however, seem completly ok, since you are disrespecting the Celtics. This attitude is what makes people that are up to having reasonable discussions no matter who are they talking to.

When I'm talking basketball, I don't care who am I talking to. If the guy knows basketball, and loves basketball, we can talk. It doesn't matter if he's a Laker. I hope people would think the same, because I also know that some people would also like having a decent conversation. Infortunately, because of people like you, S.J.Basketball, it is not possible.

You, Sir, are not a fan. You are just a fool.

LAcowBOMBER
02-20-2009, 02:10 AM

Yea, injury is a topic that should never be joked about. Don't you know how horrible KG's life would be if he broke his ankle? He would have to not play and get paid. I don't know what it is, but Boston fans seem to takes shots at their team so personally. It was a joke, whether it was funny or not is another topic, but who really cares.

It's probably just sprained anyway, I guess ligament damage is possible, but sprians often look really bad, they hurt more than broken bones in my experience

Squigga420
02-20-2009, 02:12 AM
I dont even care about the Celtics players. I'm just sick of the new sport its popular to follow in Boston because they are good now. Hockey is awesome...

ARMIN12NBA
02-20-2009, 02:12 AM
You realize Pierce was still bothered by that injury into this season and had to wear a brace on his knee to start the year, right?

Pierce is honestly one of the tougher guys in the league. He never really misses a game except for 2 years ago when he had a problem with his foot.

Corey
02-20-2009, 02:13 AM

What's so funny? Pierce takes a beating night in and night out.

Squigga420
02-20-2009, 02:14 AM

Maybe knife in knife out

Frrrrank!!!
02-20-2009, 02:14 AM
Laker fans dissapoint me.:sigh:

ARMIN12NBA
02-20-2009, 02:15 AM

If you say so. :rolleyes:

S.J.Basketball

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Squigga420
hahaa im not even a lakers fan and i feel bad about that one bad joke who cares

ARMIN12NBA
Maybe knife in knife out

:laugh2:

Frrrrank!!!

There is no point to argue, he obviously doesn't know basketball.

Super.
Yea, injury is a topic that should never be joked about. Don't you know how horrible KG's life would be if he broke his ankle? He would have to not play and get paid. I don't know what it is, but Boston fans seem to takes shots at their team so personally. It was a joke, whether it was funny or not is another topic, but who really cares.

It's probably just sprained anyway, I guess ligament damage is possible, but sprians often look really bad, they hurt more than broken bones in my experience

its really annoying when many other fans act 8 years old and hope injury on people....IE, the patriots with Brady, and now that. you really dont see that happen with many Boston fans, it just seems like it comes from boston haters....
jesus just grow up guys...

ARMIN12NBA
02-20-2009, 02:16 AM

I'm sorry that I don't think Paul Pierce is tough? I'm sure fans across the country would agree--Laker fans or not.

Corey
I find it amusing that people ("fans" if you will) attempt to act like they know about a certain demographic, when in reality they only see the demographic in question play when it's against their own team.

Oh the joys of sports forums.

S.J.Basketball

Cuz I care what some guy on a sports forum thinks.

Frrrrank!!!
02-20-2009, 02:17 AM

You've shown you don't know basketball as well.

Arac
02-20-2009, 02:18 AM
Maybe knife in knife out

Wow. How, my question is how can you disrespect this? A guy getting stabbed 11 times to the neck and back is something to joke about?

I was amazed how disrespectful people can be about a regular injury, but I'm astonished now. That's just childish, sir.

Frrrrank!!!

Not to mention your age.

Super.

then why are you still here talking? if you dont care, leave

ARMIN12NBA
02-20-2009, 02:19 AM
There is no point to argue, he obviously doesn't know basketball.

Hehe. I'm not sure why you are obfuscating here, but the fact that I can't even opine on toughness without getting insults makes you obdurate on the matter right here.

Corey
02-20-2009, 02:20 AM
My fellow Celtics posters: I suggest you all stop posting here before infractions are handed out. The thread is already off topic, and it's getting a bit chippy. Just go back to our game thread and discuss the Jazz game. It's tied with 3:21 left :)

S.J.Basketball
then why are you still here talking? if you dont care, leave

Why cuz you say so? Sorry buddy, but I'm stickin around.

ARMIN12NBA
I find it amusing that people ("fans" if you will) attempt to act like they know about a certain demographic, when in reality they only see the demographic in question play when it's against their own team.

Oh the joys of sports forums.

Right. If only they invented something like an NBA League Pass or the Internet so people from other cities can watch other teams games. Nah, that's only a pipe dream.

Squigga420
02-20-2009, 02:21 AM
Wow. How, my question is how can you disrespect this? A guy getting stabbed 11 times to the neck and back is something to joke about?

I was amazed how disrespectful people can be about a regular injury, but I'm astonished now. That's just childish, sir.

Ok i said it was a bad joke. Chill out clown its a blog website. Am i hurting paul pierce by joking about something that happened years ago? Im sure his nights not ruined.

Super.
02-20-2009, 02:21 AM
Hehe. I'm not sure why you are obfuscating here, but the fact that I can't even opine on toughness without getting insults makes you obdurate on the matter right here.

you just make me laugh, you cant come up with a decent argument, and to top it off, you dig yourself deeper into this hole, by spelling like a dyslexic 4th grader

EDIT: Massive Fail on my part, i had NO IDEA that was a real word....

Corey
02-20-2009, 02:22 AM
Right. If only they invented something like an NBA League Pass or the Internet so people from other cities can watch other teams games. Nah, that's only a pipe dream.

Well if that's the case, and you do indeed use those available features, the comment about Paul Pierce being tough wouldn't be as far fetched for you :)

ARMIN12NBA
02-20-2009, 02:23 AM
you just make me laugh, you cant come up with a decent argument, and to top it off, you dig yourself deeper into this hole, by spelling like a dyslexic 4th grader

EDIT: Massive Fail on my part, i had NO IDEA that was a real word....

:confused: I was about to say. You don't know what obdurate means?

Super.
02-20-2009, 02:24 AM
:confused: I was about to say. You don't know what obdurate means?

lol i had no idea it was even a word, i googled it, and was **** itsa real word!

Lakersfan2483
02-20-2009, 02:25 AM
I'm sorry that I don't think Paul Pierce is tough? I'm sure fans across the country would agree--Laker fans or not.

The wheelchair incident made him loose a lot of credibility in terms of his toughness. Great player, but I wouldn't say he's a tough player.

Super.
02-20-2009, 02:26 AM
The wheelchair incident made him loose a lot of credibility in terms of his toughness. Great player, but I wouldn't say he's a tough player.

it didnt help the cause....helped us win, which in my book is a bit more important, than if he is considered a bit less tough

ARMIN12NBA
02-20-2009, 02:26 AM
Well if that's the case, and you do indeed use those available features, the comment about Paul Pierce being tough wouldn't be as far fetched for you :)

I do use those features and Paul Pierce isn't "tough." At every sight of physical contact, he does the "bob and scream" move which makes me cringe to this day. I see guys like Ariza take beatings to the head and get up looking as nonchalant as ever. Pierce screams EVERY SINGLE time he gets touched. Sure, he gets physical but he isn't a "tough" player. He doesn't take contact that I, personally, see as taking contact in a tough manner.

BarryIsInnocent
02-20-2009, 02:27 AM
Paul Pierce is soo tough, he could play for the Patriots. Having his teammates carry him off the floor when guys like Phillip Rivers have played in a FOOTBALL game with a torn ACL is ajoke. When Boston goes down in the Semis Celtics fans will disappear

Super.
02-20-2009, 02:27 AM
Hey serious question here.

It's well known that Red Sox fans are the most racist in the league.

Are Celtics fans the same way? Or do they bottle up all their racism because the basketball team is basically ALL black.

Since when? well known? how can it be well known when you pull it clear on out of your ***?

S.J.Basketball
02-20-2009, 02:28 AM
Boston Fan: Hey did you hear Kg got injured?

Boston Fan #2: That's not wicked man. Not wicked.

LoL

ARMIN12NBA
lol i had no idea it was even a word, i googled it, and was **** itsa real word!

I'm glad you learned a new word. It's always a good thing to expand your vocabulary. Anyways, what word did you think I was misspelling?

theimortalone
Wow over 100 posts on this thread already! :speechless:

Super.
02-20-2009, 02:29 AM
I'm glad you learned a new word. It's always a good thing to expand your vocabulary. Anyways, what word did you think I was misspelling?

no idea, i though it was just a terrible, terrible misspell on your part >_<

ARMIN12NBA
02-20-2009, 02:30 AM
Paul Pierce is soo tough, he could play for the Patriots. Having his teammates carry him off the floor when guys like Phillip Rivers have played in a FOOTBALL game with a torn ACL is ajoke. When Boston goes down in the Semis Celtics fans will disappear

Squigga420

He could play for the Patriots if somehow he knew what plays were coming before they happened...

Lakersfan2483
On a serious note, hopefully KG is ok, I don't like to see anyone get hurt and I don't want any excuses this year, I want the Lakers to play the Celtics with a healthy roster.

ARMIN12NBA
02-20-2009, 02:31 AM
no idea, i though it was just a terrible, terrible misspell on your part >_<

Super.
He could play for the Patriots if somehow he knew what plays were coming before they happened...

really? your still not over that? ...... typical hater

Nighthawk
I do use those features and Paul Pierce isn't "tough." At every sight of physical contact, he does the "bob and scream" move which makes me cringe to this day. I see guys like Ariza take beatings to the head and get up looking as nonchalant as ever. Pierce screams EVERY SINGLE time he gets touched. Sure, he gets physical but he isn't a "tough" player. He doesn't take contact that I, personally, see as taking contact in a tough manner.

Are you kiddind me? Kobe Bryant whines everytime he puts up a shot that doesnt fall. I mean its ridiculous. Kobe your not hacked EVERY time!!!! Toughness in sports is more than just needing a wheelchair or not to help u off the court. Theres mental toughness. Physical toughness. I mean he was nearly stabbed to death. But that isnt tough right. Those were *itch blades.

borat
Since when? well known? how can it be well known when you pull it clear on out of your ***?

Many players have reported being called racial slurs at Fenway. Many players have said it is the most racist park they have played in.

Google is your friend, if you're not aware.

Super.

yea, im laughing about it now :D

ARMIN12NBA
On a serious note, hopefully KG is ok, I don't like to see anyone get hurt and I don't want any excuses this year, I want the Lakers to play the Celtics with a healthy roster.

Well, the Lakers aren't healthy either. :shrug:

borat
02-20-2009, 02:32 AM
Why are there so many Ginger Celtic fans?

That's the real question of the day.

Squigga420
02-20-2009, 02:34 AM
Why are there so many Ginger Celtic fans?

That's the real question of the day.

Hahahaa im Irish and i hope thats not racism towards our day walking brothers

ARMIN12NBA
Are you kiddind me? Kobe Bryant whines everytime he puts up a shot that doesnt fall. I mean its ridiculous. Kobe you not hacked EVERY time. Toughness in sports is more than just needing a wheelchair or not to help u off the court. Theres mental toughness. Physical toughness. I mean he was nearly stabbed to death. But that isnt tough right. Those were *itch blades.

Why the non sequitur??? Kobe Bryant can be the biggest ***** on the planet, but that has nothing to do with Paul Pierce not being tough.

jeter_swallows8
i know this doesnt have to do with this thread but i just dont under stand how the referee could call a foul on perkins after the rebound i mean did i miss something or is it just the refs i cant get over how mad that game was called

ARMIN12NBA
02-20-2009, 02:35 AM
yea, im laughing about it now :D

It is pretty damn funny. I was like, whats going on?

ARMIN12NBA
i know this doesnt have to do with this thread but i just dont under stand how the referee could call a foul on perkins after the rebound i mean did i miss something or is it just the refs i cant get over how mad that game was called

It was an over the back foul.

GunFactor187
Bad news for Da Cs.

Squigga420
02-20-2009, 02:36 AM
really? your still not over that? ...... typical hater

Not over Super Bowls maybe being stolen? Yea I'll get back to you when I'm ok with that.

NYMetros

Man, all these new posters here are so annoying. :pity:

That laughing smiley really got your point across. Nice argument.

S.J.Basketball
Many players have reported being called racial slurs at Fenway. Many players have said it is the most racist park they have played in.

I like the way you move.

bomber0104
personally, i dont care if the Celtics make injury excuses as long as the Lakers win.

Nighthawk
02-20-2009, 02:37 AM
Why the non sequitur??? Kobe Bryant can be the biggest ***** on the planet, but that has nothing to do with Paul Pierce not being tough.

You really confused at what im saying...You said when pierce is barely touched he bobs and screams. And im saying your boy Kobe is always doing the same ****. I mean i think Pierce is a tough dude. Some dont. I guess it ends there.

Nighthawk
02-20-2009, 02:39 AM
personally, i dont care if the Celtics make injury excuses as long as the Lakers win.

gotta agree..If the lakers are holdin the trophy in the end im sure laker fans wont be worrying about the C's injuries..Hell i wish u guys were healthy last finals..I really do..but its over and we won so **** the lakers that trophy looks damn sweet

ARMIN12NBA
02-20-2009, 02:39 AM
Man, all these new posters here are so annoying. :pity:

That laughing smiley really got your point across. Nice argument.

Do you know how to read? Just wondering because I clearly explained why Pierce isn't tough later in the thread.

ARMIN12NBA
02-20-2009, 02:41 AM
You really confused at what im saying...You said when pierce is barely touched he bobs and screams. And im saying your boy Kobe is always doing the same ****. I mean i think Pierce is a tough dude. Some dont. I guess it ends there.

If you need me to spoon feed you then I will. What I am saying is that it doesn't matter if another human being isn't tough, it is unrelated to the other player being tough. Just because I like Kobe, doesn't mean you can bait me into changing the argument around. Again, why the non sequitur???

BarryIsInnocent
02-20-2009, 02:42 AM
West coast basketball!!!!!!!

pmmr2113
02-20-2009, 02:43 AM
Good. hope he's done for the season at least.

BarryIsInnocent
02-20-2009, 02:49 AM

COuld be the First Time a dodger fan and a Giants fan agree

Fireworld
02-20-2009, 03:44 AM
Looked like a knee injury. Sorry C-fans. I guess its you're turn..

Nighthawk
02-20-2009, 03:55 AM

If you need me to spoon feed you then I will. What I am saying is that it doesn't matter if another human being isn't tough, it is unrelated to the other player being tough. Just because I like Kobe, doesn't mean you can bait me into changing the argument around. Again, why the non sequitur???

LMAO

Man, im not trying to bait you into anything. Trying to change your argument???

I actually just find it funny that someone is claiming a certain player does this or that and is not tough yet that is what the star player he roots for does? Like i said man, you dont think Pierce is tough. So what. Its not like it will change my opinion and vice versa. spoon feed...lolol

plpfctn
02-20-2009, 03:57 AM
paul pierce should've lent garnett his wheelchair.

Nighthawk
02-20-2009, 03:58 AM

Can i just ask why??? I dont think your an idiot or a moron, i just wanna know why someone would wish such evilness on someone. Is K.G your rival. Have you been bitter enemies for a while? You afraid of the Celtics with K.G? I just see so many people on here cheering and clapping and smiling because players go down with injuries. Its crazy

ntat
02-20-2009, 04:13 AM
oh stop it with that. Its not ur business to tell someone whats funny or not morally. just ignore it, or stop taking offense because ur being a homer.

Vinny642
02-20-2009, 08:31 AM
(cough) Torn ACL out for year(cough)

Corey
02-20-2009, 09:21 AM
oh stop it with that. Its not ur business to tell someone whats funny or not morally. just ignore it, or stop taking offense because ur being a homer.

So, I'm being a homer even though I said I would react the same way regardless of who the player is? That makes sense.

LAcowBOMBER
02-20-2009, 09:40 AM
So, I'm being a homer even though I said I would react the same way regardless of who the player is? That makes sense.

Well it's not hard to say that just to make you seem like you're not a homer, but I don't think that people believe you.

He seemed like he could have played if he had to though, I don't think it's serious and I'm happy about that because I don't want excuses from Celtic fans when they lose to the Lakers in the finals, if they even make it there

pippsux
02-20-2009, 09:45 AM

:(

Come on man, u are better than that.

torontosports10
02-20-2009, 09:53 AM
No more taunting small pg's for KG... till we all find out everyone in here is over-reacting and its a twish or sprained knee/ankle and he is back in 2 weeks.

leconjames
02-20-2009, 10:20 AM

Agreed

DrDEADalready
02-20-2009, 10:23 AM
He'll probably be back for their next game. He wanted to play lastnight. but Doc and the celtics management didn't want him to play and risk further injury. but he was shooting around on it at half time. they just didn't allow him to play.

CraigtheSoxFan
02-20-2009, 10:41 AM
i hope its a broken ankle lol dude no you should be banned for thoese comments

Corey
02-20-2009, 10:56 AM
No more taunting small pg's for KG... till we all find out everyone in here is over-reacting and its a twish or sprained knee/ankle and he is back in 2 weeks.

Eh, sprains are tough when they happen anyways. If you've ever had a legit one, you'd know how tough it is to put pressure on your joint wherever the sprain is. He was back at halftime shooting around, but Doc kept him out of the second half just to be careful. He'll be fine soon.

eugene
02-20-2009, 11:18 AM

DIE :mad:

lakers4sho
02-20-2009, 11:22 AM
It doesn't look that bad. He just tweaked it a little bit. Rest should be good enough.

bagwell368
02-20-2009, 11:40 AM

Crap. I've been to over 250 games at Fenway - all over the park, and been to Philly 4 times and NYY 3 times, and heard more racist garbage in those places then all of my Fenway games combined.

Stop spreading nonsense and get informed.

nd4T.O.
02-20-2009, 11:40 AM
this is sad....wait. who am i kidding OH WELL

bagwell368
02-20-2009, 11:42 AM

yeah? how do you figure? because he is one of the greatest players in NBA history? Or because he makes beatches out of your team?

JIDsanity
02-20-2009, 11:43 AM
If he's still out maybe we will have a chance next Wed.

binxy23
02-20-2009, 11:55 AM
Eh, sprains are tough when they happen anyways. If you've ever had a legit one, you'd know how tough it is to put pressure on your joint wherever the sprain is. He was back at halftime shooting around, but Doc kept him out of the second half just to be careful. He'll be fine soon.

course he will. hes a fake

Corey
02-20-2009, 12:08 PM
course he will. hes a fake

Yep. He's definitely a fake for being cautious over a sprain.

binxy23
02-20-2009, 12:16 PM
Yep. He's definitely a fake for being cautious over a sprain.

you can call that cautious if you want im not going to argue. i jst dont understand the whole "faking your hurt" thing.....jst to make some great headlines....

NYMetros
02-20-2009, 12:17 PM
you can call that cautious if you want im not going to argue. i jst dont understand the whole "faking your hurt" thing.....jst to make some great headlines....

Who was faking an injury?

binxy23
02-20-2009, 12:20 PM
Who was faking an injury?

i guess were not watching the same clips. wat you watching?

NYMetros
02-20-2009, 12:27 PM
i guess were not watching the same clips. wat you watching?

We're talking about the Garnett injury last night, right? You seriously think Garnett was faking the knee sprain last night? Not sure how you came to that conclusion.

binxy23
02-20-2009, 12:36 PM
We're talking about the Garnett injury last night, right? You seriously think Garnett was faking the knee sprain last night? Not sure how you came to that conclusion.

well i dont understand how you can hop off the court. 15 mins later be shooting around like nothing happened. yea i honestly belive he faked everything....it makes for a great story.

Blazer
02-20-2009, 12:40 PM
Watching Utah and Boston. KG just jumped, didnt come down hard or nothin, but could not put any pressure on his right leg.....this could be interesting...

He needs some rest before the playoff push. Anyone who hurts themselves bad enough canít be jumping around the way he was without it hurting more. Think about it, when we feel pain we lay motionless for some time with our eyes closed almost in disbelief. Jumping around will jar the foot and make it feel worse. He exaggerated the injury and wonít be winning any Oscars despite his efforts.

NYMetros
02-20-2009, 12:41 PM
well i dont understand how you can hop off the court. 15 mins later be shooting around like nothing happened. yea i honestly belive he faked everything....it makes for a great story.

He cares too much about winning. I think everyone should know how passionate he is about the game by now. And something did happen. That is why he is going back home to get an MRI.

Blazer
02-20-2009, 12:44 PM
^ Don’t believe statements that the team releases or media suggests. He’s going home to rest up. A healthy Garnett is more valuable later than he is now, when all that matters is finishing with the best record and gaining home court advantage throughout the post-season.

I’m not saying the guy isn’t hurt, but a definite embellishment I think is obvious.

binxy23
02-20-2009, 12:47 PM
He cares too much about winning. I think everyone should know how passionate he is about the game by now. And something did happen. That is why he is going back home to get an MRI.

sorry man but MRI's dont mean anything. i could go get an MRI on me knee right now if i wanted to.....ill believe something happened if hes out awhile. im not a huge celtics hater i jst hate their style of play

GodsSon
02-20-2009, 12:58 PM
you know what, this is poetic justice...KG has been dogging on people all year long and now he might suffer something that COULD sideline him for a while...also, Pierce was talking a lot of smack about how he was the best in the world...really?...then lets see him lead the celtics without his buddy KG...all in all, it was bound to happen and frankly, the timing is perfect

JJ81
02-20-2009, 01:09 PM
Something to do with his knee.

J-Relo
02-20-2009, 01:14 PM
I think they just said the early diagnosis was a sprained ankle. I hope that's all it is.

i hadve sprained ankle for a week or so and i still can't jump hard wihtout some pain, not talking how it should be for big-mens...

if he doesn't play against Suns i wouldn't mind it...

NYMetros
02-20-2009, 01:14 PM
Jackie Macmullan is reporting that Garnett will not be playing the rest of the road trip for Boston. Still think he's faking it?

Blazer
02-20-2009, 01:21 PM
Not faking. He’s embellishing. His rest is more important right now than playing two less than spectacular teams in LA and Phoenix with Denver posing the only real threat on the road trip. Its best that he heal up quickly and get back strong. If this was the playoffs he’d be starting, don’t kid yourself.

4everYoung
02-20-2009, 01:23 PM
^ Donít believe statements that the team releases or media suggests. Heís going home to rest up. A healthy Garnett is more valuable later than he is now, when all that matters is finishing with the best record and gaining home court advantage throughout the post-season.

Iím not saying the guy isnít hurt, but a definite embellishment I think is obvious.

Really? I mean really? How excatly is it obvious that there is some embellishment in the teams statement? Dude is back in Boston undergoing an MRI the day after the injury and not continuing on the teams road trip, a trip that saw them drop their 12th game of the season last night when they are truly fighting for home court. Don't get it twisted, everyone saw what homecourt meant last year in the Finals and Boston would love nothing more then to have it again. As it is they were taken to seven games by Atlanta last season, if anyone thinks they want to lose homecourt to Cleveland then they are sorely mistaken.

Also I have never heard of any team sending their best player "home to rest up" in the middle of a road trip that takes them pretty much to the other side of the country. Just saying.

4everYoung
02-20-2009, 01:26 PM
Not faking. Heís embellishing. His rest is more important right now than playing two less than spectacular teams in LA and Phoenix with Denver posing the only real threat on the road trip. Its best that he heal up quickly and get back strong. If this was the playoffs heíd be starting, donít kid yourself.

Once again, how can YOU possibly know the severity of the injury? That would be like someone in the Lakers forum saying the day after Bynum went down (before the MRI results were back) that he was only sent home to rest and that if it were May or June he would be starting.

Am I missing something here? Look bro, I'm not calling you out just want to know how you seem to be so deep on the inside of Boston's medical staff.

Tony_Starks
02-20-2009, 02:46 PM
you know what, this is poetic justice...KG has been dogging on people all year long and now he might suffer something that COULD sideline him for a while...also, Pierce was talking a lot of smack about how he was the best in the world...really?...then lets see him lead the celtics without his buddy KG...all in all, it was bound to happen and frankly, the timing is perfect

Even though I'm a hardcore Laker fan and Celtic hater I don't wish injury on anybody, even KG. As a hoopsfan I'd rather see 2 teams play each other full strength, and may the best team win.

That being said I think the C's will be ok. They played pretty well w/o KG last year and this will probably turn up the heat on them getting Steph so in the end they'll be straight. Half the league has one of their top players out so there's no excuses, you play with what you got.

KobeBeatJeeesus
02-20-2009, 02:46 PM
You need to look at it this way. Why would you bring him with you across the country to play cruddy teams when you could take that time to rest him and be sure he is in tip top shape. Im not saying he is faking an injury, thats paul pierces job, but they certainly are purposely overreacting to make sure he is in good condition asap. With that being said, if karma were truly playing its part, KG would break his neck and not sprain his ankle for all of the assholish stuff he has done.

IndyRealist
02-20-2009, 02:47 PM
I dislike KG, but I don't think he's the type of player to exaggerate an injury. He wants to be on the floor.

Corey
02-20-2009, 03:12 PM
You need to look at it this way. Why would you bring him with you across the country to play cruddy teams when you could take that time to rest him and be sure he is in tip top shape. Im not saying he is faking an injury, thats paul pierces job, but they certainly are purposely overreacting to make sure he is in good condition asap. With that being said, if karma were truly playing its part, KG would break his neck and not sprain his ankle for all of the assholish stuff he has done.

Well, if KG's done so much bad stuff, and apparently deserves his neck broken...What does that mean Kobe deserves?..With the Adultery and Rape and all..

Frrrrank!!!
02-20-2009, 03:27 PM
Well, if KG's done so much bad stuff, and apparently deserves his neck broken...What does that mean Kobe deserves?..With the Adultery and Rape and all..

Leafsleeve
02-20-2009, 03:29 PM
He strained his knee. That was directly from Doc Rivers. He is having an MRI today.

BouGa
02-20-2009, 03:31 PM
Ive always wondered what a guy does to deserve so much hate all of a sudden.

What has KG done in his career besides have the same tough guy attitude whos aggresive on the court, and likes to play mind games with guys smaller than him?

Its a very simple question, and for the 150 people+ who extremely dislike him, would you mind answering it?

IDB Josh M
02-20-2009, 03:34 PM
Celtics without KG is 12 - 2. They'll be just fine.

sunswin532
02-20-2009, 03:38 PM
torn ACL. Garnett is done for the season.

Er1c
02-20-2009, 03:39 PM
hahahahaaha

Squigga420
02-20-2009, 03:39 PM
Ive always wondered what a guy does to deserve so much hate all of a sudden.

What has KG done in his career besides have the same tough guy attitude whos aggresive on the court, and likes to play mind games with guys smaller than him?

Its a very simple question, and for the 150 people+ who extremely dislike him, would you mind answering it?

Its not as much hatred for KG but for Boston as a whole

BouGa
02-20-2009, 03:42 PM
Where has the KG updated injury been reported?

IDB Josh M
02-20-2009, 03:43 PM
Its not as much hatred for KG but for Boston as a whole

Patriots, Red Sox, and now the Celtics. All Boston needs the Bruins to take home the Cup, and then Canada will hate Bean-town.

Squigga420
02-20-2009, 03:45 PM
I dont even remember Boston Bruins fans before this year for some reason

Gibby23
02-20-2009, 03:52 PM
torn ACL. Garnett is done for the season.

Not true.