PDA

View Full Version : Charles was Sorry

The Claw
02-20-2009, 12:41 AM
http://www.nba.com/video/channels/tnt_overtime/2009/02/19/nba_20090219_tipoff.nba/

We accept your apologies Charles, now cheer for the Raps !!!

ramz.n
02-20-2009, 12:50 AM
haha

clutchski
02-20-2009, 11:52 AM
I thought he was embarassed, but very honest and thoughtful, especially when it came to describing how much it meant to him to have complete strangers help him through it. We all **** up; so I thought he did well understanding that and saying that and challenging people to consider the stupid decisions they might make.

Never expected to see that out of Chuck. And he was quiet the whole night.

ramz.n
02-20-2009, 12:02 PM
I thought he was embarassed, but very honest and thoughtful, especially when it came to describing how much it meant to him to have complete strangers help him through it. We all **** up; so I thought he did well understanding that and saying that and challenging people to consider the stupid decisions they might make.

Never expected to see that out of Chuck. And he was quiet the whole night.

Chuck?? you mean Charles???

clutchski
02-20-2009, 12:20 PM
Chuck?? you mean Charles???

same name dude that's Charles nickname, if you wanna call it that.

Steely McBeam
02-20-2009, 01:18 PM
ya he seemed pretty timid all night, hope he doesn't stay that way because before this incident he was one of my favorite sports people

clutchski
02-20-2009, 02:15 PM
^^ yeah that's exactly what i was thinking

More shats!
02-20-2009, 03:29 PM
Everyone is sorry after they make mistakes, i am still waiting for someone to come out and say "Is my life so is none of your buissines if i get drunk and drive","I like getting drunk and i will not stop because i got a DUI" or in ARod case "I use Steroids because i wanted to cheat" everyone comes out and say they are Sorry we never see people say what they relly mean.But i believe Charles he look relly sorry and dint look the same as before.That is a man that relly feels like he screw up.

JermanJaysFan
02-20-2009, 03:56 PM
Everyone is sorry after they make mistakes, i am still waiting for someone to come out and say "Is my life so is none of your buissines if i get drunk and drive","I like getting drunk and i will not stop because i got a DUI" or in ARod case "I use Steroids because i wanted to cheat" everyone comes out and say they are Sorry we never see people say what they relly mean.But i believe Charles he look relly sorry and dint look the same as before.That is a man that relly feels like he screw up.

I agree, and that is the way he should people. With the amount of celebrities that get DUIs, we almost get desensitized to it, but driving under the influence is screwing up majorly, and I am glad that Charles seems to recognize that.

Some people in this thread see his remorse and say "Hopefully he doesn't stay changed like this- I want his old personality back". He may regain his outward personality for the TV, but hopefully this event did change him forever. He made a really, really, really stupid mistake, and hopefully he learns from it (it seems evident in this interview that he did), and never lets that lesson escape him.

hawkaveli
02-20-2009, 06:20 PM
Everyone is sorry after they make mistakes, i am still waiting for someone to come out and say "Is my life so is none of your buissines if i get drunk and drive","I like getting drunk and i will not stop because i got a DUI" or in ARod case "I use Steroids because i wanted to cheat"

THANK U if a normal person drinks and drives who's going to say anything? who's going to blow that **** up? nobody's going to give a flying ******* what you did or do. But a celebrity does it and it's a big deal? f that BS

hawkaveli
02-20-2009, 06:22 PM
If i was there personally i prolly would have been more hammered then chuck and driving a car like it's an plane. Shyt it was all star weekend how can you even blame the guy

JermanJaysFan
02-20-2009, 06:27 PM
THANK U if a normal person drinks and drives who's going to say anything? who's going to blow that **** up? nobody's going to give a flying ******* what you did or do. But a celebrity does it and it's a big deal? f that BS

I disagree. Driving under the influence is a serious offense and generally has a bigger effect on a "normal person" 's life than on that of a celebrity. Lots of athletes, musicians, and actors get caught for DUI and, while it hits press, people turn a blind eye to the danger it causes and they generally get away without feeling the effects that a DUI can have on a "normal" person.

JermanJaysFan
02-20-2009, 06:29 PM
If i was there personally i prolly would have been more hammered then chuck and driving a car like it's an plane. Shyt it was all star weekend how can you even blame the guy
I sure am glad you weren't there, then.

How can I blame the guy? I can blame the guy for putting his life, and the lives of everyone else on the road in danger. Rational adults know that when you are under the influence, don't drive. Chuck obviously knew that, so I can blame him for what happens.

T.O.Fan:)
02-20-2009, 06:33 PM
I disagree. Driving under the influence is a serious offense and generally has a bigger effect on a "normal person" 's life than on that of a celebrity. Lots of athletes, musicians, and actors get caught for DUI and, while it hits press, people turn a blind eye to the danger it causes and they generally get away without feeling the effects that a DUI can have on a "normal" person.

I Agree with you 100%