PDA

View Full Version : Banks has balls

Frank Costanza
02-19-2009, 03:04 PM
I think Marcus banks is tired of not getting any attention , tired of being the "worst contract" on a team i think he is tired of playing garbage time min and I went to last nights game and man does he have some bazoongas driving to the rim

Mile High Champ
02-19-2009, 03:10 PM
I think Marcus banks is tired of not getting any attention , tired of being the "worst contract" on a team i think he is tired of playing garbage time min and I went to last nights game and man does he have some bazoongas driving to the rim

He for sure looked like he had something to prove, he had a greta play when he split two defenders last night, I hope he can be creative playmaker and scorer for our 2nd unit..

ink
02-19-2009, 03:10 PM
I hate to say it but I've seen him do this before with the Suns. It didn't last. There's a reason he is an end of the bench player.

Maybe after 8 years in the league he will have an epiphany, but I wouldn't count on it. For the sake of the Raps though, I hope he does.

blujaysrock
02-19-2009, 03:11 PM
If he gets some minutes he can probably produce not long ago didn't he average like 13.5 ppg?

argo
02-19-2009, 03:12 PM
flashbacks of milt palacio :D

ink
02-19-2009, 03:14 PM

Sad but true.

pebloemer
02-19-2009, 03:46 PM
It is not his balls I am worried about, it's his basketball IQ.

Mile High Champ
02-19-2009, 03:57 PM

wow that is an old name.. haha

LanceUpperCut
02-19-2009, 04:01 PM
He did look good last night,and suppose to be a good defender lets hope.

hades
02-19-2009, 04:10 PM
better than solomon thats for sure.

Bob_at_york
02-19-2009, 04:10 PM
He did look good last night,and suppose to be a good defender lets hope.

I was impressed that he actually attempted a full-court press.

_Sn1P3r_
02-19-2009, 05:01 PM
I think we should try him as a back up for now and see how he does. He's hungry for minutes and wants to show he is worth his contract.

deaner
02-19-2009, 05:21 PM
From what I saw, I think banks can get some at the 2 while Marion is on. He seemed to get the ball to Marion with ease. It would at least help marion in the transition. I know he doesn't get many plays run for him... But he needs more touches than he got vs the cavs when we played without bosh. Jose should have tried to get him going in his first home game.

ramz.n
02-19-2009, 05:24 PM
couldn't believe how strong he was...Lebron barely got any leverage against him and even thought he made the turnaround fade away it was still a hard shot..got to give Banks some props.

Tblaze
02-19-2009, 05:48 PM
He has very low basketball IQ... that's his main problem

Bob_at_york
02-19-2009, 06:11 PM
couldn't believe how strong he was...Lebron barely got any leverage against him and even thought he made the turnaround fade away it was still a hard shot..got to give Banks some props.

I was shocked on that play.

Musical Tempo
02-19-2009, 06:44 PM
I was impressed that he actually attempted a full-court press.

Thats what got him drafted out of UNLV. Intense defense.

From what I saw, I think banks can get some at the 2 while Marion is on. He seemed to get the ball to Marion with ease. It would at least help marion in the transition. I know he doesn't get many plays run for him... But he needs more touches than he got vs the cavs when we played without bosh. Jose should have tried to get him going in his first home game.

I think they only had 2 practice before last night game. It will take time before Marion & Banks are on the same page as the rest of the team.
If we are talking about marion in bold letters
4 more games, and Jose should be able to understand how Marion operates, where he feels comfortable and where he doesn't.

He has very low basketball IQ... that's his main problem

Well its not like he has a hard time understand the game of Basketball, from my understand with his days in Boston, Minn., and Phx he just simply choose not to apply himself. Let hope its game time, so he can prove me wrong. Since the trade rumours I hardly had any hope in him, but he pretty prove me wrong.

Raptor Analyst
02-19-2009, 07:16 PM
Marcus Banks is actually a fairly decent player if you analyze his game correctly. However he actually needs time to play to showcase them just like any other player. On defense he can be affective alot more than calderon. Calderon gets torched against almost every pg in the league. So having marcus get to the rim and putting some solid minutes in on the defensive end for a couple minutes a game can be a real bonus for the raptors.

3lite-Raps
02-19-2009, 07:56 PM
banks impressed me with his game yesterday

ink
02-19-2009, 08:42 PM
... from my understand with his days in Boston, Minn., and Phx he just simply choose not to apply himself.

We're pinning hopes on a professional basketball player who CHOSE not to apply himself in three different cities?? :speechless:

6th man
02-19-2009, 08:49 PM

I remember when that guy was a reboud or assist shy of a triple-double

Good times, Good times.

katman
02-19-2009, 08:52 PM
so he's no worse than Moon? lol

alutips_89
02-19-2009, 08:55 PM
Was OKC's GM high or something? He traded his first round pick for Thabo, who is only averaging 5ppg. Lol you don't trade first round picks for scrap players...

kanersen
02-19-2009, 08:57 PM
i really doubt its the thunder's own pick
from my understanding they have like 5 1st round picks the next 2 years, including a late 20's pick from the spurs which i assume would be the one they used in the trade

Musical Tempo
02-19-2009, 08:58 PM
We're pinning hopes on a professional basketball player who CHOSE not to apply himself in three different cities?? :speechless:

Speaking from personal events. A culture/environmental setting could do major change for someones career. In either the positive or negative way. It just all depends on the individuals inhibitions. Canada is the country of love & peace from my understand, who knows maybe it will inspire Banks to prove the NBA analyzes they was right/wrong going into the draft early out of UNLV.

so he's no worse than Moon? lol

I strongly doubt it. Unlike Moon. Banks went to a NCAA powerhouse on a scholarship. Was trade in a lottery slot.

So there is something there, he just might have not amounted to it. Could be a bust. We will see in the next few weeks.

certain fool
02-19-2009, 09:09 PM
I don't think Banks BB IQ is that bad and his physical skills are good. He's had a hard time coming from college and not being 'the man.' Personally, I think his ego is his biggest problem. If he's conquered that he could be a good(respectively) addition.

ink
02-19-2009, 09:16 PM
I don't think Banks BB IQ is that bad and his physical skills are good. He's had a hard time coming from college and not being 'the man.' Personally, I think his ego is his biggest problem. If he's conquered that he could be a good (respectively) addition.

Hmmm. That description reminds me of someone .... ;) Didn't we just trade him away today?

Seriously, I hope he pans out. We need it to work out.

Bob_at_york
02-20-2009, 12:00 AM
Was OKC's GM high or something? He traded his first round pick for Thabo, who is only averaging 5ppg. Lol you don't trade first round picks for scrap players...

kindof un-related man. But I will respond to it, I actually like the deal for OKC. I think Thabo is a good player who just needs an opportunity. I am surprised that the Bulls gave up on him, with Hughes gone I thought he could finally get more burn.

star
02-20-2009, 12:13 AM
interesting how people are liking this guy after just 1 game ... what did you guys see him for 20 mins on the court?

he is not in our future plans at all and will NOT get mins b/c with jose and the development of roko there is no room to play him .... he will be like a juan dixon or fred jones ... thats all ....

ramz.n
02-20-2009, 12:22 AM

hes probably there best defender, OKC had 5 1st round picks this year and next year, im sure one of is not in the lottery and that's the one they sent away.

Bob_at_york
02-20-2009, 12:36 AM
interesting how people are liking this guy after just 1 game ... what did you guys see him for 20 mins on the court?

he is not in our future plans at all and will NOT get mins b/c with jose and the development of roko there is no room to play him .... he will be like a juan dixon or fred jones ... thats all ....

I think there is room to play him. As much as I like Roko, Banks might see more minutes than Roko. Roko still isn't ready in my mind.

ramz.n
02-20-2009, 12:53 AM
I think there is room to play him. As much as I like Roko, Banks might see more minutes than Roko. Roko still isn't ready in my mind.

its a possibility that both are on the court at the same time, like against the cav's, Ukic and Calderon were both on the floor to push the pace of the game.

Bob_at_york
02-20-2009, 12:57 AM
its a possibility that both are on the court at the same time, like against the cav's, Ukic and Calderon were both on the floor to push the pace of the game.

I know that is a possiblity, I think they did that last night with Jose and Banks. But that doesn't mean we should make a habit of it.

ink
02-20-2009, 01:13 AM

Fair comparison. They had their moments too.

rapsfan101010
02-20-2009, 02:00 AM
Banks looked very promising in the little time he played (there was absolutly no flow in the game untill he came in). Furthermore, Raptors need this guy to do well because it looks like hes the only guard on the team who can actually play the run-and-gun style,. Caulderon is a very poor defender and useless at the run-and-gun (he refuses to pass unless hes 100% sure that his teammate will get the ball, a run-and-gun point guard can't be scared to pass the ball), which is very disappointing because asides from him Raptors are build to play this style (he's a roadblock in their success). You look at a guy like Steve Nash he averages the most turnovers a game, but is also considered to be one of the best point guards (this because he is able to create easy plays for his teammates because he does fear turning the ball over). Either Calderon got grow some balls or someone else has to step in and do the job.

HoopsMachine
02-20-2009, 11:50 AM
Didn't get to see the game a few nights ago but it's always a positive thing to hear when someone is playing with a chip on their shoulder. Hopefully we can get some solid D and a little scoring off the bench from him for the rest of the season.

raptor fan
02-20-2009, 12:00 PM
i would hope he gets some playing time so we can showcase him for a possible deal in the off-season