PDA

View Full Version : Lebron, howard, kobe, vc 2010 dunk off

tkshy
02-19-2009, 01:05 PM
We know Lebron is in. We know Howard will do it. I guess Nate has to be in too as the defending champ.

With enough public OUT CRY do you think we can get Kobe and VC in?

That would be a dunk off EVERYONE would watch.

I think Kenny Smith used this line to get Lebron in...

"MJ was in the dunk off and 3pt shooting competition to prove to everyone that he is the best at everything. Now he didn't win the 3pt shoot out, but he was in it."

Can we use that on Kobe and Vince???

JordansBulls
02-19-2009, 01:09 PM
We know Lebron is in. We know Howard will do it. I guess Nate has to be in too as the defending champ.

"MJ was in the dunk off and 3pt shooting competition to prove to everyone that he is the best at everything. Now he didn't win the 3pt shoot out, but he was in it."

Kobe and Vince already won a dunk contest. Also both guys are over 30 now so no way they participant in a dunk contest again. Also Kobe was going to shoot in the 3 point contest last year, but I believe he hurt his hand and withdrew.

tkshy
02-19-2009, 01:24 PM
Kobe and Vince already won a dunk contest. Also both guys are over 30 now so no way they participant in a dunk contest again. Also Kobe was going to shoot in the 3 point contest last year, but I believe he hurt his hand and withdrew.

Really...Kobe won a dunk contest?? Ok well it would still be nice to see. Who do you suggest goes against Lebron, Howard, and Nate?

Brooke
02-19-2009, 01:30 PM

Yep that is right. I think it was Dirk who took his place

Really...Kobe won a dunk contest?? Ok well it would still be nice to see. Who do you suggest goes against Lebron, Howard, and Nate?

Kobe won it in 1997. I really dont see Kobe doing it

thedfactor
02-19-2009, 01:41 PM
Hahaha Dirk is the dunk contest...YES!!!

On a serious note they should get Wade in on it.

BranWingss
02-19-2009, 01:44 PM
Lebron has no special dunks cept the 1 handed one

king4day
02-19-2009, 03:37 PM

Replace Nate with J-Rich. Nate didn't seem to into doin it again since he's runnin out or tricks

zsiddiqui23
02-19-2009, 03:42 PM
I highly doubt Kobe would ever contend in another dunk contest again. He's too old for that now (although that 360 dunk last night was sick ;) )

dabears34ft
02-19-2009, 03:44 PM
Derrick Rose. He has explosive hops
Dwayne Wade. Pretty much the same as Rose
Kryptonate.
Dwight
Lebron

That would excite the crowd, and they are all young and fresh. VC, Kobe, TMac, are all past their prime for dunk contests.

mavwar53
02-19-2009, 03:47 PM
Replace Nate with J-Rich. Nate didn't seem to into doin it again since he's runnin out or tricks

Yes please J-Rich, in my eyes he is the dunk competition king won it twice and it would have been three if he wanted to do an easy dunk as his last one or even if it was the rules they have had lately, but the guy has pride and wanted to do the best dunk he thought he was gonna make.

mavwar53
02-19-2009, 03:49 PM
Nate is garbage he shouldn't have even made it out of the first round, Rudy fernandez had better and tougher dunks.

fresh prince
02-19-2009, 03:55 PM
Nate is garbage he shouldn't have even made it out of the first round, Rudy fernandez had better and tougher dunks.

Ur kidding right? Do you realize Nate is like 5'7

djeller1139
02-19-2009, 04:02 PM
I really would like to see Jason Richardson in there again. The dunk contests he was in seemed to be some of the most exciting. Also I wouldn't mind seeing Josh Smith again either.

theLgndKllr35
02-19-2009, 04:08 PM

The basket is 10 foot for everyone. I don't care how short he is, how high he can jump should have nothing to do with his score, his score should relate to what kind of dunk he did.

gauth25
02-19-2009, 04:09 PM

That doesn't matter? Fernandez's dunks were way harder. How do you throw it behind your back off the backboard and slam it home on the first attempt and have everyone say oh that's easy. Mean while Nate just bounces it and does a reverse and everyone is like omfg he's amazing.

CenCali
02-19-2009, 04:25 PM
I think it would be very fascinating and highly anticipated if we were to see Kobe,LB,VC participate in the dunk contest 2010 however whats the chances of that happening?

albertc86
02-19-2009, 04:53 PM
Kobe would do a lot better than Jordan did. I think Kobe would do well in the 3 point contest. Maybe not win it but he'd do well.

albertc86
02-19-2009, 04:54 PM
Kobe and Carter would be too old in 2010. LeBron and Howard will still jump as high but not Kobe or Carter.

madiaz3
02-19-2009, 04:56 PM
That doesn't matter? Fernandez's dunks were way harder. How do you throw it behind your back off the backboard and slam it home on the first attempt and have everyone say oh that's easy. Mean while Nate just bounces it and does a reverse and everyone is like omfg he's amazing.

if you were watching you would realize that nate deserved to be in the finals but SO DID RUDY, just over superman aka any dunk i throw up will be a 50 howard.

JJ81
02-19-2009, 05:14 PM

He won it in his second year, he was only 17or18. And there were 6 people in that contest, not 4 (ray allen was in it too).