PDA

View Full Version : Nets giving Vince away

carter15
02-19-2009, 12:35 PM
With today's trade deadline looming, the Nets are believed to be doing all they can to unload Vince Carter, with ESPN citing two league executives who said the team is trying to "give Carter away."

Carter is guaranteed $33 million over the next two seasons, which could be more than teams are willing to dole out in this economy, but it will be interesting to see if some team gets him for pennies on the dollar. The Rockets and Blazers have been among the teams talking to the Nets.

from rotoworld..

looks lik hell have a new home today ...and looks lik some team will get themselves a bargain (talent wise..perhaps not money wise.)

prash
02-19-2009, 12:46 PM
they can afford to give him away for nothing.... that how they got him in the first place.

JordansBulls
02-19-2009, 12:47 PM
With today's trade deadline looming, the Nets are believed to be doing all they can to unload Vince Carter, with ESPN citing two league executives who said the team is trying to "give Carter away."

Carter is guaranteed $33 million over the next two seasons, which could be more than teams are willing to dole out in this economy, but it will be interesting to see if some team gets him for pennies on the dollar. The Rockets and Blazers have been among the teams talking to the Nets.

from rotoworld..

looks lik hell have a new home today ...and looks lik some team will get themselves a bargain (talent wise..perhaps not money wise.)

Rockets need him the most. Maybe the Nets wouldn't mind taking on Mcgrady's contract.

The Bulls could have used him, but now with Salmons I don't see them pursuing this anymore. Maybe Vince will go to Cleveland.

clehmun
02-19-2009, 12:48 PM
i wouldn't mind him back in toronto if it's just for AP, kapono, and humphries.
i know a lot of raptor fans still hold grudges, but i hate him and miss him at the same time.

carter15
02-19-2009, 12:49 PM
Cleveland, San antonio, OR Portland, or Houston for that matter...wud all be acceptable for me:)

i think hed make 2 of those teams the fav. in their conference (especially with the price being lowered so much now)

Ballah0liC1
02-19-2009, 01:17 PM
yeah there giving him away thats why from houston they wanted artest battier landry head and a pick

JordansBulls
02-19-2009, 01:26 PM
yeah there giving him away thats why from houston they wanted artest battier landry head and a pick

Trading Artest, Landry and Head for Vince would be good, but not Battier as well. They still need a wing defender.

Young2Kinsler
02-19-2009, 01:28 PM
If the price is coming down, I expect Mark to get in there and do something! Cmon Cuban, it's time to capitalize and improve this team!

theuuord
02-19-2009, 01:35 PM
I'm skeptical. But I also hope they don't make a deal.

GrkGawdofWalkz
02-19-2009, 01:37 PM
As a big time Spurs fan I'd welcome him if we didn't have to give George Hill back in the deal. With Manu out and who knows on his ankle a scorer is a need at this point in time.

NYK
02-19-2009, 01:38 PM
I think Vince will go to the Cavs or Blazers by 3 pm

thedfactor
02-19-2009, 01:44 PM
If the reporting is accurate the Mavs have a shot since they don't have much to offer. Cuban is always up for a bargain, but up to isn't getting it done. GET IT DONE.

JordansBulls
02-19-2009, 02:00 PM
If the reporting is accurate the Mavs have a shot since they don't have much to offer. Cuban is always up for a bargain, but up to isn't getting it done. GET IT DONE.

I've been telling Mavs fans they should go after Vince Carter all year long. However, most have said they didn't want Carter.

codes238
02-19-2009, 02:07 PM
if theyre actually giving him away idd be surprised if san antonio or cleveland didnt jump on it...

carter15
02-19-2009, 02:13 PM
i didnt wanna start another thread for this but..

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-38-202/What-s-Vince-Carter-Worth-.html

a nice read that portland, SA, or Cleveland shud read :P

raptor fan
02-19-2009, 02:15 PM
trade vc to the cavs for eric snow and sasha pavlovic

codes238
02-19-2009, 02:15 PM
i didnt wanna start another thread for this but..

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-38-202/What-s-Vince-Carter-Worth-.html

a nice read that portland, SA, or Cleveland shud read :P

how someone can actually be a fan of vince carter is beyond me... at least i can somewhat understand kobe fans since kobe isnt a vag...

MattyAction
02-19-2009, 02:23 PM
how someone can actually be a fan of vince carter is beyond me... at least i can somewhat understand kobe fans since kobe isnt a vag...

raptors fans are hilarious...............waaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

carter15
02-19-2009, 02:25 PM

hhahah all i had to do was look up and c that raptors avator:rolleyes:

theuuord
02-19-2009, 02:28 PM

you said it.

codes238
02-19-2009, 02:30 PM

thats ok, vince's career really panned out for him and everything... that guys a true winner!

carter15
02-19-2009, 02:31 PM
thats ok, vince's career really panned out for him and everything... that guys a true winner!

look through the superstars in the NBA now and tell me how many havnt won a championship....many have not and its as simple as not everyone can....hes had a great career...and its not over yet..

i think ur just bitter that joey graham is all u got for VC :p:p:p

MattyAction
02-19-2009, 02:32 PM

my god, what a crybaby.......to all raps fans---let it go!!!! The raps future really panned out...... Oh and by the way.. Bosh wants out.

The_905
02-19-2009, 02:33 PM
all you guys act like you wouldn't be pissed off if vince did what he did to the raps to your team..
He told the media that he wouldn't dunk anymore.. Like what type of athlete does that? oh ya a f ing quitter..

sorry guys had to vent a little after you ripped on a raps fan about vince..

carter15
02-19-2009, 02:35 PM
all you guys act like you wouldn't be pissed off if vince did what he did to the raps to your team..
He told the media that he wouldn't dunk anymore.. Like what type of athlete does that? oh ya a f ing quitter..

the raps were my team..i sided with vince...its clear he didnt mean it when he said he wudnt dunk anymore :p

codes238
02-19-2009, 02:35 PM
look through the superstars in the NBA now and tell me how many havnt won a championship....many have not and its as simple as not everyone can....hes had a great career...and its not over yet..

i think ur just bitter that joey graham is all u got for VC :p:p:p

well obviously, he acted like a little ***** for the last 3 years he was with the raptors, admitted to not trying and gave away plays to other teams at the end of games even though he was our franchise player and made max money... to me those 3 years along with the dunk contest will define his career and both those things were with the raptors... the new jersey years are basically completely irrelevant i think and will be over very soon... its not really about winning a championship, its about the fact that he had the skills to be great, maybe one of the greatest ever, but will be remembered as a slightly more successful derrick coleman...

MattyAction
02-19-2009, 02:37 PM

It was 5 years ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 5 Years!!!!!!

codes238
02-19-2009, 02:41 PM
It was 5 years ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 5 Years!!!!!!

i dont understand why youre getting so heated man, it doesnt matter anymore, but that time will be vince's legacy... i dont even understand how you can defend a player making max money and being adored by an entire city of fans including kids faking injuries, whining like a baby, not trying and giving up plays to the other team... i swear to god idd hate any player who did that no matter what team he was on, i loved tmac but after he did that stuff in orlando (which wasnt nearly as bad or as long as what vince was pulling) i could never cheer for him again... im just trying to get into the mind of someone whos a fan of vince carter thats all...

B2theRY
02-19-2009, 02:51 PM
maybe the nets will get for vince what the raps got for him :)

go get a few williams players :D

codes238
02-19-2009, 02:52 PM
maybe the nets will get for vince what the raps got for him :)

go get a few williams players :D

dont forget alonzo mourning and his one kidney...

carter15
02-19-2009, 04:17 PM
well obviously, he acted like a little ***** for the last 3 years he was with the raptors, admitted to not trying and gave away plays to other teams at the end of games even though he was our franchise player and made max money... to me those 3 years along with the dunk contest will define his career and both those things were with the raptors... the new jersey years are basically completely irrelevant i think and will be over very soon... its not really about winning a championship, its about the fact that he had the skills to be great, maybe one of the greatest ever, but will be remembered as a slightly more successful derrick coleman...

who the **** is derrick coleman lol...vince will be remembered as the greatest dunker of all time....NOBODY besides toronto fans will remember the **** b4 leaving toronto 10 years from now...him tipping off plays to the other team was just speculation if im not mistaken.....and im not gonna defend vince about not trying..but if hes the franchise player he shudnt of been getting benched lik he was.

JordansBulls
02-19-2009, 06:45 PM
I'm surprised no one picked up Vince Carter. For the Spurs, Rockets and Mavs he was the final piece.

Dynasty
02-19-2009, 06:46 PM
That's because the Nets weren't "giving him away".

ModusOperandi
02-19-2009, 06:56 PM
Carter is a team-killer; even Kidd wanted nothing to do with that joke. So he could dunk? So what. Micheal Jordan called him out on being a one-trick wonder who doesn't have what it takes to be a real superstar. That's why VC is always regarded as being a "what-if" than a "what-is".

Oh, and to the guy who tried to rub it in our faces that Bosh wants out, show me where he has said that? You can't. But have fun rooting for the Nets when they leave stinking New Jersey. :)

bal_ravens
02-19-2009, 06:59 PM
Another great rumor by rotoworld....

D.Rose#1
02-19-2009, 07:04 PM
yea right

mgsports
02-19-2009, 07:52 PM
If Deadline was at midnight tonight he and other Players probley would have been Traded.

TMAC94
02-19-2009, 07:55 PM
Trade deadline over ?? Arrest for carter

IRUAM #21
02-19-2009, 07:58 PM
Trade deadline over ?? Arrest for carter

Vince Carter got arrested ? :speechless:, jk i know what you mean.

QuaLiThADoN
02-19-2009, 09:18 PM
dont forget alonzo mourning and his one kidney...

lmfao... im i a nets fan but this is true comedy hahahha :clap::clap::clap::clap:

theuuord
02-19-2009, 11:28 PM
lol @ Carter being a cancer...

haircanada
02-19-2009, 11:30 PM
to bad the deadline is over
i wouldnt mind seeing vicne back in t.dot