PDA

View Full Version : Who has been the most disappointing team this year?

JordansBulls
02-19-2009, 12:46 AM
Who has been the most disappointing team this year?

ironkobe
02-19-2009, 12:49 AM
Lakers they should be 53-0

KeithLBC
02-19-2009, 12:50 AM
The Rockets and the Hornets. As good as the Hornets were last year, I thought they would be a lot more competitive this year. With all the preseason talk about how the Rockets would be the team to beat this year, they're basically in the middle of the pack in the Western Conference race.

I'd say the Suns, but everyone was already counting them out before the season even started :shrug:

TheChosenOne88
02-19-2009, 12:51 AM
The Bulls

ink
02-19-2009, 12:53 AM
Suns
Raptors
Bulls
Hornets
Rockets

Catfish1314
02-19-2009, 12:55 AM
The Rockets. Injuries have derailed them once again. I thought with Yao-McGrady-Artest-Scola-Battier, they had the size, defense, and coaching to compete with anyone in the league but four of the five have had injury problems this year and with T-Mac out, they will probably slip lower down in the playoff picture and maybe even out of the race before it's over.

DODGERS&LAKERS
02-19-2009, 12:56 AM
I thought the Hornets and the Jazz would have much better records. But the its not the Jazz' fault they are so injury rittled

JordansBulls
02-19-2009, 12:56 AM
Suns
Raptors
Bulls
Hornets
Rockets

The Bulls really!!

I didn't think anyone thought we would be better than the 7th or 8th seed.

NYMetros
02-19-2009, 12:57 AM
The Suns and Rockets for me. I thought the Suns would do great in the new defense first system. Obviously that didn't happen. And with the Rockets, McGrady has had another injury plagued season.

TheChosenOne88
02-19-2009, 12:58 AM
I was joking about the Bulls, but on a serious note I'd have to say the Rockets, Suns, and Hornets were hyped to be title contenders. The Raptors didn't pan out with Jermaine O'Neal, the Wizards weren't ever title contenders, but they sure have sunk due to injuries. The Clippers, Sixers, and Warriors had the talent, but have been disappointing this season.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
02-19-2009, 01:01 AM
I think the Raptors, for sure.

People thought they had Cleveland beat, and others that are currently going to make the playoffs. (besides boston)

Sport
02-19-2009, 01:03 AM
The Rockets easily for me.

And, I know this sounds dumb, but for me, I was expecting better things out of the wolves. I didnt expect a playoff berth or anything, but I thought they could be in the race, atleast somewhat.

jbterrelle
02-19-2009, 01:09 AM
Detroit, by far

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
02-19-2009, 01:10 AM
Detroit, by far

Oh yeah, almost forgot about them.

sacgiants1213
definitely houston, i put money on them to win the championship.. things aren't looking good for me.

SJSHARKIES
I say Phoenix they have way too much talent to have that record, if the playoffs were to start today they would not make it. Yes they lack defense, but still they should be better than what there record is. Porter trying to change them to a defensive minded team was disastrous. Expect there record to improve since they have a new coach that went back to RUN and GUN.

Punkindrublic03
02-19-2009, 01:13 AM
The Phoenix Suns - they have high expectations. And they fell flat on their face with Terry Porter. But they will have a much better 2nd half.

DoughBuoy
02-19-2009, 01:17 AM
Clippers??!!! Their starting lineup is pretty good. Not that people expected greatness, but they definitely expected closer proximity to the playoffs!!!

The Prodigy
02-19-2009, 01:18 AM
the only true answer is the CLIPPERS

BoltLakerPadre
02-19-2009, 01:21 AM
Suns and Rockets for sure. McGrady is a disappointment. Yao? They called him the best center in the league not long ago. Ron Ron, these guys were supposed to be great.

aloysius8
02-19-2009, 01:24 AM
The Suns. I thought theyd be one of the more dominant teams in the league this year.

osuyeti
02-19-2009, 01:26 AM
Dont forget about the 76ers

Lone Maverick
02-19-2009, 01:53 AM
Pistons.....

x_notorious
02-19-2009, 02:13 AM
- Rockets (Anyone actually believe they would stay healthy for a full season?)
- 76ers (Injury to Brand really hurt)
- Raptors (Twin towers looked good on paper but eventually traded O'Neal)
- Clippers (Added Baron Davis and Marcus Camby, injuries hurt them bad and they are turning out to be one of the worst teams in the league)

still1ballin
02-19-2009, 02:18 AM
clippers

chicago lulz
02-19-2009, 02:19 AM
Definitely thought the Clippers wouldn't be so bad. 76ers with the addition of Brand. Didn't think the Raptors would be so bad.

oracle650
02-19-2009, 02:26 AM
warriors. ellis should run everytime he sees a moped.

The Prodigy
02-19-2009, 02:27 AM
- Rockets (Anyone actually believe they would stay healthy for a full season?)
- 76ers (Injury to Brand really hurt)
- Raptors (Twin towers looked good on paper but eventually traded O'Neal)
- Clippers (Added Baron Davis and Marcus Camby, injuries hurt them bad and they are turning out to be one of the worst teams in the league)

actually really helped

KIDDSNETS0324
02-19-2009, 09:20 AM
why isnt the pistons on everybodys list? they are easily the most dissapointing

codes238
02-19-2009, 09:24 AM
a lot of disappointing teams really... detroit, toronto, phoenix, clippers...

Brian35
02-19-2009, 09:32 AM
Raptors
Pistons
Clippers
Portland

JJ81
02-19-2009, 09:36 AM
the bulls

+1

codes238
02-19-2009, 10:15 AM
Raptors
Pistons
Clippers
Portland

how has portland been disappointing!? theyre the 4th seed in the western conference right now...

wyze
02-19-2009, 11:01 AM
To me its really three teams that I'm having trouble understanding why they are in the situation that they are in

3)Detroit: what the heck is going on there. Really with the kind of talent that these guys have there should be no reason for the way that they are playing inconsistantly.

2)Hornets:a year removed and now they are looking at moving Tyson Chandler....I really like this guy and what he can bring. I also really like Chris Wilcox and Joe Smith......however..... I don't think this change will help the hornets...So we will see but so far not impressed.

1)Raptors: Ever since I heard that we were getting an NBA team in Toronto I have been a gitty little boy. Those days are over because we are looking at over a decade of wack-ness. Two years of hope and this was suppose to be a year of not hope but met expectations. This wasnt it. truthfully speaking we have no excuses either and that is why the Raptors are the biggest disappoinments. Yes we have had a few health issues, A FEW.....but trading for JO, and as he is finally settling we trade him. This team has consistantly made poor decisions and this year is a true testiment to that. Everything from the firing of Sam Mitchell to the most recent trade has just made us worse.

So recap....Raptors....biggest disappointment.

JordansBulls
02-19-2009, 11:30 AM
+1

Why the Bulls?

todu82
02-19-2009, 11:49 AM
The Detroit Pistons

codes238
02-19-2009, 11:52 AM
Why the Bulls?

cause youdd think that a team with jordan and pippen on it would at least be in the playoffs! oh wait sorry, wrong decade...

RAINMAN678
02-19-2009, 11:53 AM
I dont understand what are people thinking
CLIPPERS- WORSE TEAM IN THE LEAGUE WITH THE TALENT THEY HAVE
KINGS-I THINK THERE IS A FEW CLUB TEAMS THAT COULD GIVE THEM A RUN
PISTONS-should of never traded chauncey an avg 27-25 team u thought this was a power house team not an avg 6-7 playoff spot team.
Raptors-I thought they came around last year and were there to stay.Oh what an off season does.Bosh i look forward to seeing you in 2010. A happy bulls fan
And how coulld any one say the bulls. Injurys all year and a rookie pg. Do not forget the bulls have been good as of late and will sneak in the playoffs. I would rather see them miss out tough i do not want to be a door mat. After al just missing out got us Rose. There was never no expectation so thats why you cant get on the bulls. The thread ask for disappointment.

MJ-BULLS
02-19-2009, 12:21 PM
id say the rockets,clippers pistons,suns,

Hustla23
02-19-2009, 12:28 PM
Definitely the Rockets.

They can never catch a break :(

Free Throw
02-19-2009, 12:42 PM
I'd say the Raptors/Pistons.

When the season started the Raptors had a good amount of talent on their team, enough to be a .500 team, anyway.

Firstly for the Pistons, firing Flip Saunders was idiotic, he gets you into the playoffs every year, even if they do/did lose in the conference finals, at least they got there, lots of teams would love to just do that. Then after that, they trade away Billups. :?

JordansBulls
02-19-2009, 12:52 PM
id say the rockets,clippers pistons,suns,

I expected a lot from the Raptors. People were saying that Calderon was the best PG in the east. And to have Bosh on the team along with JO I expected them to be at least a top 5-6 team in the east.

fredv
02-19-2009, 01:04 PM
Rockets...

OG "Dee" LOCc
02-19-2009, 01:15 PM
Detroit, by far

Seriously, especially with AI who was suppose to have a big impact on them...

SJSHARKIES
02-19-2009, 11:58 PM
Seriously, especially with AI who was suppose to have a big impact on them...

Not really, you can't just look at individual talent. You have to see if the person fits in with what your team is trying to do. AI definitely doesn't.

SJSHARKIES
02-20-2009, 12:00 AM
How the hell are the Bulls underachieving. They really don't have a single player that just sticks out as a dominating threat that can takeover a game all on his own. They have good players, but that's about it.

SJSHARKIES
02-20-2009, 12:01 AM
Clippers are in the west, plus they lost Brand. So I wasn't expecting much from them.

Ollie Tabooger
02-20-2009, 12:07 AM
raptors and bulls.

VCaintdead17
02-20-2009, 12:08 AM
Houston obviously, and definitely Toronto

S.J.Basketball
02-20-2009, 12:11 AM
The Suns and the Warriors. The Suns should be a top team...they aren't. The Warriors should be a team with at least a winning record...maybe in the playoff hunt/maybe not, but their record sucks and they look lost as a team.

That and Toronto. Bosh, O'Neal and Calderon can't take the Raptors above .500?? Wow.

CityofTreez
02-20-2009, 12:12 AM
Raptors and Sixers are disappointing compared to their expected successes

-even though I thought the Raptors were not that great considering their record

Pistons might take the cake w/ their trade and wat they got right now

Lakers09
02-20-2009, 12:28 AM
the CLIPPERS made some blockbuster moves and it made them worse...idk how that happened but they need dunleavy out faster then asap

Kakaroach
02-20-2009, 12:46 AM
Obviously the Clippers and the Raptors. I'd also say the Warriors, but they have had injuries all season long just like the Jazz and Rockets.

albertc86
02-20-2009, 12:46 AM
The Hornets, no doubt.

asandhu23
02-20-2009, 11:25 AM
Warriors, man. This was supposed to be our year but then Our Lord created a moped

midwestmadman
02-20-2009, 11:53 AM
I was one of the only people that thought the Rockets would still stink so I am not shocked by thier record, I figured they be a little better than they are but when you build a big three out of players that miss 10-15 games every year you don't have a reliable big three period.

I think the Hornets, have been the most dissapointing, and the record for the Utah Jazz is dissapointing but they missed like 20 games from Deron Williams and 43 and counting from Boozer not to mention a few from Okur, so what can you actually expect.

My other teams that have been disappointing:
Dallas Mavericks -That Jason Kidd deal from last year will turn out to be one of the worst trades in NBA history, even with a full year and a new half court minded coach they can't get the offense to run smoothly with Kidd.

Detroit Pistons -AI is starting to score the ball more but they no longer have a defensive idenity nor do they seem to understand the concept of team basketball. The only reason why I do not place the AI trade is such a poor regard like the KIdd trade is because the Pistons will have 21.6M off the payroll in a few months, thank you AI!

Toronto Raptors -After a great year last year making the Playoffs the with emergence of Jose Calderon and a trade that brought in O'Neal the expectations were much higher than they could handle, nagging injuries to Calderon, and to Bosh and O'Neal while he was still there really have took them out of a playoff spot early, adding Marion's expiring contract was a good side note but ultimately this team is going backwards not forward, and Bosh will probably pick up his stuff and move after next season.

L.A. Clippers -EB you SOB, playing your team for a fool, they go out and get Baron Davis let Maggette go so they can re-sign you to a max offer, and instead you bolt after they get the pieces in there that you wanted, there are so many problems with this teams line-up it isn't funny. The trade for Randolph was stupid, the only bright spots on this team are Camby (when he actually plays) Thornton, and Gordon the rookie, the rest of the team should have been dealt for some magic beans yesterday before 3PM.

Philladelphia 76ers - It's funny that they actually got better once Brand got hurt and couldn't play. They are now bound for the playoffs after a very slow start from Iggy. Theadues Young is a great young player but remember after the EB trade everyone just gave this team the #2 spot behind the Celtics before a game was ever played wow, big mistake, ths team will make the playoffs but depending on who they play will probably get bounce out in the 1st rd...... again.

midwestmadman
02-20-2009, 12:01 PM
How the hell are the Bulls underachieving. They really don't have a single player that just sticks out as a dominating threat that can takeover a game all on his own. They have good players, but that's about it.

I strongly agree, besides outside of drafting D.Rose it isn't like they made huge off season trades. They didn't make the playoffs last year so did any major sports writer in the counrty expect them to just turn it all around under the leadership of a Rookie PG with only one year of college ball under his belt? I know I didn't have any playoff expectations for them, I do like the trade they made yesterday though they might be able to make the playoffs with Miller back at C and having a scoring option like Salmons to come off the bench and back up Deng. Let's face it .500 ball in the east will get you a playoff spot between 6-8.

mrblisterdundee
02-20-2009, 02:43 PM
The Toronto Raptors have been the most disappointing team this year. I would say Houston, but it's already a given that they will inevitably choke.

DrxDrO
02-20-2009, 02:45 PM
Suns, Rockets, Clippers, Jazz and Hornets

dgreat5000
02-20-2009, 02:54 PM
Lakers they should be 53-0

LOL. wIZARDS, THEY HAVE 2 all-stars.....

oracle650
02-20-2009, 03:53 PM
What did people expect with D'Antoni going to New York? Then adding shaq? anyone who thought the suns were going to be like 07 has been at the bar with barkley. blame it on kerr. he's trying to make the suns the spurs. you take the ball outta nash's hands, trade bell and boris for j rich and say you don't wanna run? j rich is known all over for playing D. lmao he's a scorer. kerr should be fired. I'd say raptors, gs, jazz, and the clippers yes are winning this trophy.

kEviN21
02-20-2009, 03:56 PM
CLIPPERS and SIXERS for obvious reasons.

Leafsleeve
02-20-2009, 04:16 PM
Detroit

ll_eric_ll
02-20-2009, 04:27 PM
i would say the rockets, but they have the same guys injured every year, and they still refuse to get rid of them. Phoenix is the most diss. team this year, i wonder if Amare's eye had something to do with him not being traded? Poor Phoenix, guess you'll have to hear Sir. Charles B!tch about it on TNT for the rest of the season.:laugh2::laugh2:

T.O.Fan:)
02-20-2009, 04:37 PM
Rockets, raptors.

greg_ory_2005
02-20-2009, 04:47 PM
I'd say Rockets, Raptors, and Clippers.

NJrockPD
02-20-2009, 04:48 PM
Suns
Raptors
Bulls
Hornets
Rockets

x2

brentn2n
02-20-2009, 04:49 PM
warriorssssssss

jrodmesche
02-20-2009, 05:05 PM
clippers by far

IversonIsKrazy
02-20-2009, 05:05 PM
i would say the most dissapointing teams this year, were my two eastern teams. Raps & Pistons,

Vinny642
02-20-2009, 06:21 PM
Now im getting pissed.... Hornets the most?
WTF we are still IN GOOD POSITION TO GET 2-5th seed in the West. I think we are better then Portland and Denver. Spurs its debatable.... Last year we were pretty healthy....
this year we had Peja and TC missing alot of time and West and Paul a couple of games. WTF did u guys think we were gonna be 40-10 at 50 games?
No we had the same people as last year without Pargo and getting Posey and Marks. Rasual Butler stepped his game up but Mo Pete took a step down. I just don't see how we are disappointing , yes we had tough losses...
at home to Kings and Knicks and Bobcats beat us. I will guarantee We will be in the playoffs this year... if we dont that is a disappointment.

Gup
02-20-2009, 06:44 PM
As of right now, Clips and/or Suns
But there is a few teams that would qualify for worst year:
Raptors
Pistons
Rockets