PDA

View Full Version : Why aren't the Jazz going to deal Boozer?

TheChosenOne88
02-19-2009, 12:20 AM
He said he's going to opt out. He's probably going to be the biggest FA this summer unless Kobe opts out. I personally could care less if he walks and leaves the Jazz with nothing in return, but I'd deal him and re-sign Millsap this summer.

mrblisterdundee
02-19-2009, 12:21 AM
Maybe they think they can play Milsap and Boozer at the same time. That's what they were doing.

DerekRE_3
02-19-2009, 12:22 AM
Plus it's hard to trade someone is hurt. AKA Tyson Chandler failing his physical today because of an ankle injury.

TheChosenOne88
02-19-2009, 12:25 AM
Maybe they think they can play Milsap and Boozer at the same time. That's what they were doing.

Didn't know that my bad.

Plus it's hard to trade someone is hurt. AKA Tyson Chandler failing his physical today because of an ankle injury.

I'm sure there would be more teams lining up to get Boozer than there were for Chandler.

JordansBulls
02-19-2009, 12:34 AM
He said he's going to opt out. He's probably going to be the biggest FA this summer unless Kobe opts out. I personally could care less if he walks and leaves the Jazz with nothing in return, but I'd deal him and re-sign Millsap this summer.

Have no idea. But I would trade them Hinrich and a 1st for him.

NYMetros
02-19-2009, 12:37 AM

Depth is very important in the playoffs. When they get there, then it will definitely help them to have Boozer and Millsap backing each other up.

Sport
02-19-2009, 12:42 AM
They thought that a run deep into the playoffs is more important than losing him for the year and getting player(s) in return who probably wouldnt have the same impact as Booz.

They want to win this year.

DerekRE_3
02-19-2009, 12:43 AM
Didn't know that my bad.

I'm sure there would be more teams lining up to get Boozer than there were for Chandler.

Yeah but he has to pass the physical...

JJ81
02-19-2009, 12:46 AM

exactly

futureman
02-19-2009, 09:27 AM
He has indicated he may not opt out this year because there really isn't a big enough market for him.

sturge
02-19-2009, 10:31 AM
He has indicated he may not opt out this year because there really isn't a big enough market for him.

Really? i think he had his hopes on Miami. The only team i can think that could make a run at him this summer is the Pistons

frizbo72
02-19-2009, 10:52 AM
Best case scenario for both Utah and Boozer is a sign and trade at the end of the year. That way Boozer gets his max money and Utah get something for it. Boozer wouldn't be able to get as much money if he just walks so that is his only hope if he is going to leave Utah.