PDA

View Full Version : Tarence Kinsey is surprisingly starting over Wally Szczerbiak tonight...

Highlight
02-18-2009, 08:11 PM
Tarence Kinsey is surprisingly starting in place of Wally Szczerbiak in Wednesday's game against the Raptors.
However, Wally is in uniform and warming up, leading to speculation that he is very close to being traded. It makes sense, so stay tuned as the Cavs could be on the verge of pulling off a deal for a big man.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NBA&id=610

On ESPN they're saying the Cavs have interest in 3 players at this point. Antawn Jamison, Caron Butler, and Marcus Camby.

Anyways, just bringing more speculation to the table :)

king4day
02-18-2009, 08:21 PM
Interesting. Sounds more like they have things lined up and don't want to risk him getting injured. If he gets few or no minutes, then I'd be shocked if he's not dealt.

Highlight
02-18-2009, 08:28 PM
Interesting. Sounds more like they have things lined up and don't want to risk him getting injured. If he gets few or no minutes, then I'd be shocked if he's not dealt.

Yeah, agreed. I don't want to jump to conclusions yet, but if he doesn't play much tonight then I would have to conclude that he's going to get dealt.

That's 13 million in expiring, so it's going to be some type of blockbuster deal. If they get any of those 3 players, the Cavs will improve drastically IMO.

Caron can shoot, drive, and is a lock down defender in this leage.
Jamison can score in many ways (3 point range) and is a descent defender.
Camby is known for his rebounding and defense. (Not great 1 on 1, but amazing in help defense)

Young2Kinsler
02-18-2009, 08:32 PM
Wally is always hurt, lets not get too excited.

Highlight
02-18-2009, 08:34 PM
Wally is always hurt, lets not get too excited.

Yeah, very true. I guess we all are going to have to see tonight.

They did say he was warming up with the team and would be dressed. I guess we'll here if he's injured or something tonight.

COLH
02-18-2009, 08:41 PM
Sucks for Wally if he gets traded.

kswissdaf
02-18-2009, 08:51 PM
I doubt it

Chronz
02-18-2009, 09:01 PM
First of all, I doubt any team aquiring Wally really cares if hes healthy or not, hes got one use and one use only, hes expiring. The only team that really needs him to be healthy is Cleveland.

SouljahPhil...
02-18-2009, 09:09 PM
I thinks its for camby or jamison........