PDA

View Full Version : Marion sign and trade

talk.sick
02-18-2009, 07:45 PM
In Brian Colangelo's interview at the Fan590 earlier today he talked about the possibility for using Shawn Marion as the centerpiece for a sign and trade.

If he does end up making this decision, who do you think should the Raptors trade Marion for?

Delfino seems to be coming back so I'm thinking we'll be after a small forward in this scenario.

Musical Tempo
02-18-2009, 07:53 PM
Well the trade will not happened until after the playoffs becasue Marion can not be trade with another player for 60 days. If Marion was to go for anything legitimate it would be a combinatino with Marion, and a basic role player.

So I think Marions faith is in his hands. If he performs well with the Raptors for the next 60 days BC will resign him, or he will leave to another team for less money and hope endoursments makes himi 10m a year.

If he has the same stay he did with Miami. I doubt Toronto will resign him, just keep the money to sign someone from the free agent market.

Maverick22x
02-18-2009, 08:15 PM
Well the trade will not happened until after the playoffs becasue Marion can not be trade with another player for 60 days. If Marion was to go for anything legitimate it would be a combinatino with Marion, and a basic role player.

So I think Marions faith is in his hands. If he performs well with the Raptors for the next 60 days BC will resign him, or he will leave to another team for less money and hope endoursments makes himi 10m a year.

If he has the same stay he did with Miami. I doubt Toronto will resign him, just keep the money to sign someone from the free agent market.

Either way, a sign and trade may be the best bet. If Marion is asking for more than the MLE, which he probably will, we could sign him to a higher salary and trade him to a team that is over the cap willing to overpay him.

This is all speculation of course. There are too many variables yet to unfold.

toronto_JazzFan
02-18-2009, 11:25 PM
i hope delfino comes back

muninade
02-19-2009, 03:30 AM
ya, one of the only raps trying to get to the rim, and i seriuly thought marion trying to get to the rim more.

magikmc
02-19-2009, 03:45 AM
A sign and trade would only net them a draft pick or something probably. It's just basically to bypass free agency and be able to go over the cap.