PDA

View Full Version : Is CB4 playing tonight???!!!!

carruthers32
02-18-2009, 04:59 PM
Is he playing?

ink
02-18-2009, 05:01 PM
JJF will probably put it up in the game thread soon, but according to the radio interview with Triano this morning on FAN 590, it's doubtful. They're going to see how he responds to this afternoon's treatment. Apparently he did a little in the two practices they've had since the All Star break, but not enough for him to feel 100%.

clutchski
02-18-2009, 05:01 PM
I read in an article he's "questionable" but then I read a post on here that said he was not.

ink
02-18-2009, 05:03 PM
Here's the Triano interview (http://www.fan590.com/ondemand/). Scroll down to find it ...

Bob_at_york
02-18-2009, 05:09 PM
Doug Smith reported around lunch time that CB4 will NOT be playing tonight. They are hoping for friday.

blujaysrock
02-18-2009, 05:11 PM
That sucks but I guess we get to see Marion and what he can bring to the raps.

Bob_at_york
02-18-2009, 05:13 PM
That sucks but I guess we get to see Marion and what he can bring to the raps.

when you say "see" I guess you are referring to TSN2 subscribers. :D

ink
02-18-2009, 05:13 PM
Doug Smith reported around lunch time that CB4 will NOT be playing tonight. They are hoping for friday.

February 18, 2009

It's official, Raptors are a Bosh-free team Wednesday

Its hardly a surprise a wise man said it was 10-90 that it would happen but we just got official word the Chris Bosh will once again be on the sidelines when the Raptors play tonight.

A balky knee, he called a bit of a sprain, a bit of a bone bruise on Tuesday, means Bosh will sit his fifth straight game when the Raptors play Cleveland tonight.

A good thing? No way. Something theyve dealt with before? Sure and coach Jay Triano knows what has to happen.

Its not anything he wants, its not anything I want or the organization wants, hes just not 100 per cent. It makes it difficult for us but weve played without him before and were going to hopefully not have to do it much longer.

The thought is Bosh practices Thursday and tries to go Friday in New York; itll be Jose Calderon, Anthony Parker, Shawn Marion, Joey Graham and Andrea Bargnani in a relatively small Toronto starting lineup.

But one it will do is allow Toronto to have two guys on the court Marion and Graham they feel comfortable using on that LeBron James fellow.

Jay again:

If we have to switch for nay reason or if one guys slow getting back in transition and (the other guy) has to take LeBron, the other guy will just pick up his man. Those are the two guys we planned on using against him anyway, theyre just going to be on the floor a lot of the same time.

Ben Wallace is here with the Cavs but with a 14-stitch cut on his right forearm, its highly doubtful hell play.

Star (http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/)

carruthers32
02-18-2009, 05:14 PM
^^ haha yeah really.

blujaysrock
02-18-2009, 05:16 PM
when you say "see" I guess you are referring to TSN2 subscribers. :D

Haha yeah, sure glad I got TSN2 :p Maybe i'll keep you guys updated with his play

clutchski
02-18-2009, 05:20 PM
Haha yeah, sure glad I got TSN2 :p Maybe i'll keep you guys updated with his play

lol the TSN2 controversy..the worst..the game should get streamed online though.

ramz.n
02-18-2009, 05:23 PM
lol the TSN2 controversy..the worst..the game should get streamed online though.

if you get a stream can you post it?.. really want to see Marion debut in T.O against one of the best sf in the game.

blujaysrock
02-18-2009, 05:24 PM
if you get a stream can you post it?.. really want to see Marion debut in T.O against one of the best sf in the game.

Then he would probably get banned....

clutchski
02-18-2009, 05:29 PM
yes i dont believe you can post links to the direct game..that would be rediculous. But posting to sites that stream sports etc. would be okay..right?

lol

JermanJaysFan
02-18-2009, 05:29 PM
Yeah, he's not playing.

I know its entirely my fault for not getting the game thread up in time (I completely forgot with the week long absence of Raptors ball), but I am going to close this thread down and we can continue the discussion in the game thread, alright? Lets get the buzz going in there for tonight!

JermanJaysFan
02-18-2009, 05:30 PM
yes i dont believe you can post links to the direct game..that would be rediculous. But posting to sites that stream sports etc. would be okay..right?

lol
PMs only!