PDA

View Full Version : How will Marion fit in...with our Stand and watch offence?

Canadian hemi
02-18-2009, 10:03 AM
I hope coach will change a few things in terms of moving without the ball. As if we don't we just as well have Moon there in the 3.

Marion doesn't like set plays or 1/2 court offence to much. So I HOPE we change a bit.

I'm not saying re write the play book for him. But to see him shine and make the best use of him..we need to change a bit

More shats!
02-18-2009, 10:14 AM
It is what it is (Just like Shawn would say).Jay already said we are going to run more and we are not going to run to many set plays either.So the offence will change a bit and the stand and watch offence was because we had to feed two big mans in the post and the rest of the team just stand there looking at them.Now i think the tream will go back to ball movement that help so much the last 2 seasons with a bit more running.

np6526
02-18-2009, 10:37 AM
lol at "with our Stand and watch offence"....its so true!

RapsJunkie
02-18-2009, 12:29 PM
Yeah... once we get some slashing going as opposed to having 3 perimiter players standing in fixed spots around the arc all game things will change. Our offence tends to get stagnant but its because we had to run all of our sets through the bigs and because none of our wings were slashers, just catch and shoot players.

Two things will/should change with the matrix in the line up... first of all, our PG's should finally have a teammate AHEAD of them on the court to pass to when they are pushing the ball. Second, when we get slowed into a half court set, there will be some movemement without the ball, some screens being set, and some more draw and kick which will create opportunities to get to the rack, and either draw a foul or score. Also, defence will collapse a bit on marion's penetration allowing for more open jimmy's for the others.

What I hope to see is Matrix and our guards getting a little of that nash/marion alley-oop chemistry... All you gotta do is throw it up and Marion can put it down... just need to set some back-door screens for him to get free and BOOOM SHAKA-LAKA!

koreancabbage
02-18-2009, 12:44 PM
i swear Moon/ Parker/ Graham runs ahead a lot of times but Calderon never passes ahead

Canadian hemi
02-18-2009, 12:44 PM
They should run that allley oop play that they run for bosh that I've seen a frew times

example
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqRIkW7LeiU

02-18-2009, 01:00 PM
It was Moon who stood and watched, and hoisted ill advised threes. O' Neal stood around a bit too. Those guys are gone, so I think we'll be OK.

Parker concerns me a bit, he can't finish at all on the break...

deaner
02-18-2009, 02:07 PM
i swear Moon/ Parker/ Graham runs ahead a lot of times but Calderon never passes ahead

I believe the reason for that is those 3 players listed have less than average handles. Marion will prove himself worthy of pushing the ball to him.

LD V2.0
02-18-2009, 02:41 PM
I hope coach will change a few things in terms of moving without the ball. As if we don't we just as well have Moon there in the 3.

Marion doesn't like set plays or 1/2 court offence to much. So I HOPE we change a bit.

I'm not saying re write the play book for him. But to see him shine and make the best use of him..we need to change a bit

He had a great deal of success in the half court before Nash ever showed up in Phoenix. I think its a matter of how the coach can use him.

Canadian hemi
02-18-2009, 02:53 PM
^ My point I"m trying to make. I hope Jay changes things up a bit...and the players buy into it!!!

C_Mund
02-18-2009, 02:59 PM
What I really hope to see is Marion filling in the holes in our offense. Things like slashing through the lane when everybody is stagnant (only Graham really does that), scoring on the run, and putbacks from o-boards. He has a history of carving himself a niche, and I dont think the offense will have to change significantly to incorporate him.

hawkaveli
02-18-2009, 06:01 PM
We all know that the raptors dont have any defense they always suck on it. Why not play the style the Suns played. Just run and score and try to get a rebound play their crappy defense and just do what the suns did and what the knicks are doing now. Just try to outscore your opponents. I think the raptors can actually do a lot better that way. Remember the game they had with the suns? They were actually putting up a lot of points and kept it close throughout too. Like Marion said that's the type of game the fans like too, entertaining and quick.

ramz.n
02-18-2009, 06:10 PM
well the raptors can't really..if they run like that the starters will get tired and than who will play?..we can't just outscore the other team..rest our players because they are fatigued and place our bench in because the other team would go on a scoring spree.