PDA

View Full Version : Trading Lebron

TheBatchelor213
02-18-2009, 05:15 AM
Just for fun, but from the Cavs as well as Thunder's standpoint would you do this trade?

Lebron for Durant, May and Green.

I could argue the pros and cons for both sides, just curious how people would respond.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
02-18-2009, 05:21 AM
No. Just because LeBron considers playing in a bigger market doesn't mean you should over react and pull off a trade. Durant's a scorer that's about it.

TheBatchelor213
02-18-2009, 05:26 AM
No. Just because LeBron considers playing in a bigger market doesn't mean you should over react and pull off a trade. Durant's a scorer that's about it.

i agree that trading him right now probably wouldnt be great, but i am confident he wont resign with the cavs and even more confident they wont win a championship this year or the next, if they are smart though, you gotta consider trading him at some point because they could get enough back to rebuild and compete all in the same package!

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
02-18-2009, 05:30 AM
i agree that trading him right now probably wouldnt be great, but i am confident he wont resign with the cavs and even more confident they wont win a championship this year or the next, if they are smart though, you gotta consider trading him at some point because they could get enough back to rebuild and compete all in the same package!

You are very confident, but without a accurate source of any of your assumptions I don't buy into it.

Why can't Cleveland win a championship this year?

Why are you so confident LeBron will leave? He has said just as much good about Cleveland if not more then NY.

He isn't dumb, and leaving Cleveland would ruin his basketball legacy without a doubt. Especially through FA, if he were traded down the road (like Garnett and Allen) his legacy would remain. But leaving a team because you can't do it is giving up, and any athlete knows about the post effect of giving up on something.

blackjack_119
02-18-2009, 05:33 AM
Yup... Shaq's biggest regret was going from Orlando to Los Angeles. I think there is a distinct difference between leaving because you "can't do it" and leaving because "you would rather do it elsewhere."

Duncan = Donkey
02-18-2009, 05:33 AM
NO WAY, the cavs are a freakin contender and its LEBRON

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
02-18-2009, 05:36 AM
If your GM doesn't have the confidence to resign your star player then he will trade. That's usually how it works, but when you have LeBron you live up every moment of his possible hall of fame career.

(Even though I really doubt LeBron leaves, but dreamers go right ahead...keep dreaming.)

TheBatchelor213
02-18-2009, 05:43 AM
*my bad btw on including May in the trade since hes not a Thunder.

FarOutIos
02-18-2009, 05:45 AM
Just for fun, but from the Cavs as well as Thunder's standpoint would you do this trade?

I could argue the pros and cons for both sides, just curious how people would respond.

Not too familiar with the Thunder's roster... who is May? For Durant, Green and a first round pick, I would strongly have to consider. Durant and Green look like all-star and borderline all-star potential player. That's a pretty good combo to get for a player who may end up leaving...

Now if Lebron does leave Cleveland, that would set the franchise back horribly... which makes me wonder why the NBA doesn't have a franchise tag like the NFL. Think about it, if anyone wants to sign Lebron, they should also give up two first round picks. Takes a little sting out of the problem.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
02-18-2009, 05:46 AM
*my bad btw on including May in the trade since hes not a Thunder.

I was wondering about that. :p

But yeah I think LeBron could bring in a lot more then Durant, even though Durant is a really good player. It's just LeBron..

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
02-18-2009, 05:47 AM
Not too familiar with the Thunder's roster... who is May? For Durant, Green and a first round pick, I would strongly have to consider. Durant and Green look like all-star and borderline all-star potential player. That's a pretty good combo to get for a player who may end up leaving...

Now if Lebron does leave Cleveland, that would set the franchise back horribly... which makes me wonder why the NBA doesn't have a franchise tag like the NFL. Think about it, if anyone wants to sign Lebron, they should also give up two first round picks. Takes a little sting out of the problem.

I agree.

But I really don't think he will leave, but I actually like that rule a lot.

blackjack_119
02-18-2009, 05:56 AM

Firsts have a much larger impact in the NBA than in the NFL. That is way too steep. I think Restricted Free Agency and the ability of the original team to pay the player more is incentive enough.

Kyben36
02-18-2009, 09:25 AM
I would, but only if it was in the offseason and you threw in you top pick as well. so Durrant, Green, May and your top 10 first, maybe. but it would suck for the Thunder, He wants to be in a big market so 2010 would suck for you guys. But Maybe he could make it his franchise like Jordon did.

Raoul Duke_91
02-18-2009, 09:44 AM
i wouldent make that trade if I was OKC....lol hear me out
what are the chances that Lebron resigns with the Thunder....c'mon really? haha OKC would be givin up the farm to rent Lebron.

jsizzle
02-18-2009, 11:03 AM
i wouldent make that trade if I was OKC....lol hear me out
what are the chances that Lebron resigns with the Thunder....c'mon really? haha OKC would be givin up the farm to rent Lebron.

thats a pretty good point actually, i mean there is no comparison with lebron and durant as of yet just because of lebrons experience and size, but OKC would be kinda stupid because they would never resign lebron, the only good thing that could come out of it is about a year of jersey sales, and pretty high ticket sales, but they would never be able to resign him...and by the way that italy signature is sweet lol how do i get one?

Rique
02-18-2009, 11:17 AM
why trade him now? Even if u think about it do it next season

philab
02-18-2009, 06:50 PM

Give me Durant, Westbrook, and this year's first (as long as it's a top-3).

Durant, Westbrook, Griffin OR
Durant, Westbrook, Rubio

Those would be some FUN teams.

Hustla23
02-18-2009, 06:52 PM
I think if an NBA team traded their entire team + their first round pick for the next 1000 years, it would still be unfair to the Cavs.

yankeesown69
02-18-2009, 07:06 PM
na if you gave me durant, green, westbrook and their first round pick for lebron. you'd have to do it. these guys are ballers. durant if he can put on some muscle he can put up similar to lebrons numbers, as if they aren't like his already...

Burkey3472
02-18-2009, 07:14 PM
I wouldnt do it for either team

First the Thunder, you are trading everything you have for a player that most likely wouldnt sign back with your team, and you are also out this year, so its not even a year and a half, its a year, and even with Lebron this team wont win the West unless they got some more pieces in there

The Cavs wouldnt do it because they can win a title this year, and you should mess with the star player on a team that can win a title this year

Baller1
02-18-2009, 08:33 PM
See, but here's the thing (from the Thunder's standpoint), if we traded Green and Durant for Lebron, we would be an exact replica of the Cavs from a few years back. Lebron, a few good role players (Chandler and Westbrook), and then nothing...