PDA

View Full Version : Celtics Looking at Raja Bell?

DaaBoTownSox
02-18-2009, 03:08 AM
The Boston Celtics reached out to the Charlotte Bobcats about trading for proven playoff performer Raja Bell, a league source said. So far, the Celtics donít have anything in return that appeals to Charlotte.

The Bobcats are telling people that they have a possible two-for-one trade percolating and need to keep a hold on a roster spot.

Boston lost guard Tony Allen to thumb surgery on Tuesday, and he could be out until the playoffs. For months, the Celtics have unsuccessfully tried to trade 2008 first-round pick J.R. Giddens for a draft choice.

Source: Yahoo Sports

Boston Faithful
02-18-2009, 03:16 AM
Would love if they got Raja Bell. Perfect fit and replacement for James Posey. He's also a longer term solution on the bench and he could last through 2010 or 2011.

Much better fit than Stephon Marbury.

If they got Raja Bell in a trade, waived Patrick O'Bryant and maybe were able to coax Mourning out of retirement or sign Robert Horry - I think they'd be set.

Trouble87
02-18-2009, 03:23 AM
sign Horry? don't wish that on your team

Bongalicious
02-18-2009, 03:29 AM
Raja Bell plays Celtic ball. He'd fit in perfectly.

GoatMilk
02-18-2009, 03:32 AM
So far, the Celtics don’t have anything in return that appeals to Charlotte
hmmm

thedfactor
02-18-2009, 03:33 AM
That'd be terrible. I don't want the Celtics to improve, just keep the Big 3 until they rot lol

Living Legend
02-18-2009, 03:42 AM
Who would you trade to get him though?

GoatMilk
02-18-2009, 03:43 AM
Celtics have no one they could trade, seriously
their roster other than the Big 3, blows hard.
please dont attack me Boston, you're still a great team

Sport
02-18-2009, 03:51 AM
Would love if they got Raja Bell. Perfect fit and replacement for James Posey. He's also a longer term solution on the bench and he could last through 2010 or 2011.

Much better fit than Stephon Marbury.

If they got Raja Bell in a trade, waived Patrick O'Bryant and maybe were able to coax Mourning out of retirement or sign Robert Horry - I think they'd be set.

Maybe 4-5 years ago. I dont think big shot Bob is going to put any team over the top.

Sport
02-18-2009, 03:53 AM

Rondo?:hide:

DaaBoTownSox
02-18-2009, 03:59 AM
Rondo?:hide:

Now, why would they do that?

GoatMilk
02-18-2009, 04:18 AM
I like Rondo a lot, but take off the Big 3, and he's not putting up those numbers. kind of a weak argument though. But still, if Rondo is your teams best player, you better hope those ping pong balls bounce your way

Sox Appeal
02-18-2009, 04:24 AM
I'm not sure what the Celtics have to offer, but if they could add Raja Bell that would be a HUGE move for them. As of today, they don't have any quality perimeter defenders coming off their bench, which means Paul Pierce is forced to go up against the other teams best player. Adding somebody like Bell would take that responsibility away from Pierce, and that would translate to him being fresher on the offensive end of the floor.

Sport
02-18-2009, 04:34 AM
I like Rondo a lot, but take off the Big 3, and he's not putting up those numbers. kind of a weak argument though. But still, if Rondo is your teams best player, you better hope those ping pong balls bounce your way

I would kill for Rondo to be a Wolf.

DerekRE_3
02-18-2009, 04:37 AM
I would kill for Rondo to be a Wolf.

I would love to have Rondo be a King.

GoatMilk
02-18-2009, 04:50 AM
I would love to have Rondo be a King.
y?
u guys h@s BeN0 UdRiH!

codes238
02-18-2009, 04:55 AM
the celtics have absolutely no trade chips that any team out there would want... unless they randomly sign some retired or waived vet like cassel and brown last year, theyre pretty much stuck with the team they have now...

IU Hoosiers 3
02-18-2009, 05:10 AM
I think the Rondo comment was referring to the person who said other than the big 3 the rest of the team blows, and rondo certainly does not blow..not as a trade suggestion.

TheBatchelor213
02-18-2009, 05:18 AM
I would hope the bobcats don't just give this guy up. If Boston picks him up, damn!

DerekRE_3
02-18-2009, 05:21 AM
y?
u guys h@s BeN0 UdRiH!

Great point, not to mention we have Sam Cassell now and Bobby "DOWNTOWN" Brown.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
02-18-2009, 05:25 AM
Would be a great move by the Celtics.

Morgan
02-18-2009, 06:39 AM

Actually without the big 3 he's putting up better numbers. Anyone that has watched Rondo play can see that he can get to the basket at will because of his speed, can rebound the ball especially offensively, and can pass the ball. The big 3 doesn't make him great at those things. He'd actually get more assists on a bad nteam because he'd be playing more than the 30 minutes a game he's playing now and Pierce wouldn't be running plays for half the game. Rondo's abililities are God given and to say the big 3 makes him as good as he is is just dumb. Yeah the big 3 makes him run faster and jump higher. LOL

BTownTeamsRKing
02-18-2009, 06:52 AM
i have been saying this about the Celtics for 2 months now. we have no bench.

PG: Pruitt?
SG: House
SF: usually Pierce
PF: Powe
C: Davis

getting raja would be great, however does that mean House would play full time PG? that would be bad news.

JordansBulls
02-18-2009, 09:30 AM
Source: Yahoo Sports

He definitely is the guy they need.

HOZ THE KNICK
02-18-2009, 09:33 AM
they don't have nobody they can trade for bell.

Lindystud36
02-18-2009, 09:36 AM
What about a draft pick and cash for bell?
Say a second this year and a second next year and some loot$$$

bostncelts34
02-18-2009, 10:30 AM

i dont agee. We have draft picks, and young guys like Pruitt,Giddens,walker,powe,davis. Plus, most of our guys contract end for 2010 i beleive. Which alot of teams are looking for.

Giddens/o'bryant (expiring i beleive) and draft pick for Raja

HOZ THE KNICK
02-18-2009, 10:34 AM
i dont agee. We have draft picks, and young guys like Pruitt,Giddens,walker,powe,davis. Plus, most of our guys contract end for 2010 i beleive. Which alot of teams are looking for.

Giddens/o'bryant (expiring i beleive) and draft pick for Rajathat would be a good proposal for charloote but the problem is the bobcats are stack at center right now.

Corey
02-18-2009, 10:50 AM
Scalabrine's probably going to be involved because of the money.

It's going to be something like Scal+(Giddens/Walker/Pruitt)+second rounder or cash for Bell.

theimortalone
02-18-2009, 11:53 AM
**** me if that happens he will win a championship before Nash and Hill! :mad:

Frrrrank!!!
02-18-2009, 12:01 PM
:pray:

joeboow90
02-18-2009, 12:02 PM
The Celts should definately get Raja he would be a perfect fit, idm who they would give up tho. maybe that 2nd rounder they got from the Kings ??idk they should get it done tho

Corey
02-18-2009, 12:08 PM
The Celts should definately get Raja he would be a perfect fit, idm who they would give up tho. maybe that 2nd rounder they got from the Kings ??idk they should get it done tho

The second rounder they got from the King's will never be under the control of the C's. It's heavily protected, and the C's will likely never get to use it.

raptor fan
02-18-2009, 12:14 PM
i dont think the celtics have the pieces to get raja from the bobcats. i also think raja is a player that they really like and i dont see them trading him. they have enough young players, and i dont see them giving up one of their leaders for picks/more young players. it seems like with the direction they're headed, they're going to add more veterans to build their team into a playoff team.

still1ballin
02-18-2009, 12:14 PM
It would be a big pick up for them.

Boston Faithful
02-18-2009, 12:23 PM

He's not their best player - and he doesn't have to be, that's not even the point. He gets triple doubles like it's his job.

Kendrick Perkins is a great role player, he averaged 8 and 8 along with 1.5 blocks per game. Solid numbers.

Eddie House is lethal off the bench, he's a major threat from three point - he's had recent games where he got eight, seven and four threes!

Leon Powe killed your Lakers in the playoffs only eight months ago - as much as running full court and slamming the ball. He's such a power off the bench.

Aside from that - Big Baby and Tony Allen are good bench players. I'm not going to lie, having PJ Brown and James Posey was a big help last year. But I'm not about to bash that Lakers bench when it's not any better than the Celtics.

tim
02-18-2009, 12:29 PM
i dont see what they would trade for him... but if it works, good for them. unfortunately he would fit in perfectly on that team.

op12
02-18-2009, 12:39 PM
that would be a good proposal for charloote but the problem is the bobcats are stack at center right now.

the bobcats are not stacked at c, not even close. that has been there problem recently, okafor has had to play it and he is a true pf. i think the cats would take a chance on a couple young players like giddens/obryant when they will only be giving up someone who has a few years left. if it is those 2 i would do it, but i would not give up any one else except maybe pruitt. i like this for both teams and i am a fan of both teams.

Nighthawk
02-18-2009, 12:40 PM
I say we Trade Big Baby and Giddens for Bell. Hope the Kings buyout Brad miller and sign him

Rondo/Pruitt/House
Allen/Bell/House
Pierce/Scal
K.G/Powe
Perk/Miller/OBryant

bbd24
02-18-2009, 12:52 PM

Yea, Rondo really blows. What were they thinking there ?

JordansBulls
02-18-2009, 12:56 PM
I say we Trade Big Baby and Giddens for Bell. Hope the Kings buyout Brad miller and sign him

Rondo/Pruitt/House
Allen/Bell/House
Pierce/Scal
K.G/Powe
Perk/Miller/OBryant

If they got Raja I would bring Ray Allen off the bench for firepower.

Nighthawk
02-18-2009, 12:57 PM

No way. Plus either Allen or Pierce would always end up playing with the backups anyway

Frrrrank!!!
02-18-2009, 01:10 PM

:speechless:

TheShock45
02-18-2009, 01:11 PM
i thnk this is where the celtics start thinking to themselves do we care about our draft choices???

if so i think the bobcats organization could be interested in giddens and maybe 2 draft picks

problem is bell is larry browns player and he might fight not to give him up

JordansBulls
02-18-2009, 01:20 PM
:speechless:

The Celtics need some firepower off the bench. Raja Bell is a great 3 point shooter. You need him in the game when Pierce and KG are in to hit the open shots.

Frrrrank!!!
02-18-2009, 01:24 PM
The Celtics need some firepower off the bench. Raja Bell is a great 3 point shooter. You need him in the game when Pierce and KG are in to hit the open shots.

And Ray isn't a good 3 point shooter?:confused:

Doesn't really matter anyway because one of the big 3 are usually in, but I don't see Ray coming off the bench.

RodmansBulls
02-18-2009, 01:34 PM
would be a great trade, for the C's if they could pull it off. Bell can hit the three and plays great D(Plus he can clothes line Kobe in the finals)

mrblisterdundee
02-18-2009, 01:38 PM
The Celtics need to focus on signing Stephon Marbury. He is the back-up to Rondo that they need. He wouldn't need to be a leader, because Garnett would help keep him in line.

Neely
02-18-2009, 01:40 PM
Go Celtics Go!!!

JakeDelbreezy
02-18-2009, 01:42 PM

No way the Bobcats would give him up for a 2nd round pick. The Bobcats need more veterans, not more young players that would come via the draft...

what54!?
02-18-2009, 01:42 PM
I trying to figure out why a team would trade a draft choice for Giddens. He hasn't done anything.

JJ81
02-18-2009, 02:13 PM
I wouldn't mind if they got him, Lakers vs Boston AND Raja!? Sweeet.

Tony_Starks
02-18-2009, 03:14 PM
Let's see he's a hacker and a certified Kobe hater. Plus he's a jerk to boot. Celtics? Yeah perfect fit!

That means this year we get to beat the Celtics AND Raja Bell all in one sitting..... Man if somehow we could just get D'Antoni to coach the Celtics then this would be perfect!