PDA

View Full Version : does AP become better with the matrix?

B2theRY
02-17-2009, 11:11 PM
ive been drinking the kool-aid on marion and im asking myself this question and I will now throw it out to all of you.

does AP become a better player with the acquisition of marion... now AP becomes the secondary defender on the team, he doesnt have to worry about covering the LBJs, D-wade, Kobes of the world.. he now can cover secondary players and I am and always have been a fan of parker, i think he is better than most of you raps fans do.

so my question basically is..

does parkers overall game now improve with marion?
my theory is he will have less pressure on him to be the 'main defender' on the team now.

im drunk on the marion koolaid and with a healthy CB4 & Calderon i think the raps are a better team.

Calderon
Parker
Marion
Bosh
Bargnani.

Rotate in Krapono and the way Joey G has been playing.. it may give them the spark they need to get into theplayoffs even if they get knocked out round one its still a nice motivation for the offseason.

Jacob K.
02-17-2009, 11:16 PM
time will tell...

mjt20mik
02-17-2009, 11:16 PM
Umm, it relieves pressure off him for sure. I think it would allow him to run the point (if Roko doesn't get PT) a little more, and it should also allow him to have a little more energy on the offensive side.

BALLER R
02-17-2009, 11:36 PM
i was going to post a thread asking how does this trade affects parker...but u beat me too it...anyways my response to this is i think it does because the pressure if off of him on the defensive end so u can put more energy into scoring.. i have to agree with you B2the RY

Ragun
02-17-2009, 11:47 PM
yes he does. now he doesnt have to guard the other team's best wing player.

BALLER R
02-17-2009, 11:53 PM
hold on marion is playing tomorrow rite..??

ramz.n
02-17-2009, 11:54 PM
hold on marion is playing tomorrow rite..??

i believe so.

BALLER R
02-17-2009, 11:56 PM
iuno but i think we might steal that game tomorrow

ramz.n
02-17-2009, 11:57 PM

that depends if bosh is playing..but its bad news because Ben Wallace is injured and Varejao always plays good against the Raptors :mad:

BALLER R
02-18-2009, 12:00 AM
wallace is questionable for that game..apparently he's injuried http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/news/probable_starters.html

ramz.n
02-18-2009, 12:01 AM
NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!

MARIONS FIRST GAME WILL BE BROADCAST ON TSN2!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

The Wise 1
02-18-2009, 12:04 AM
Yes it does because like its already been stated, he will not have the pressure of guarding the best perimeter player. Thus allowing him to have more energy for the offensive end.

BALLER R
02-18-2009, 12:04 AM
NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!

O YEA...THIS MAKES ME HATE TSN2 EVEN MORE :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Raptor-54
02-18-2009, 12:05 AM

i still dont think that we have can take it ..
we still dont havea solid back up big which ruins the whole thing.....i dont wanna see voshkul

jrob23
02-18-2009, 12:09 AM
NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!

well im glad that im at home for reading week since i have it at my parents house, watching the suns game on tsn 2 rtight now :)

bidi_nash
02-18-2009, 12:12 AM
i hate tsn 2

ink
02-18-2009, 12:30 AM
AP is already a good player.

But Marion will only help. Now AP only has to worry about his own position.

talk.sick
02-18-2009, 12:48 AM
It puts the pressure off of both guys because they can alternate. Which is good because this lessens the risk of foul trouble.

aman_13
02-18-2009, 12:53 AM
I can't believe the Bucks beat the Pistons. I am so pissed. :mad::mad::mad:

Steely McBeam
02-18-2009, 02:26 AM
im sorry but AP had no business guarding the kobes, lebrons and wades of the nba anyways, marions on ball defense i think is something that is being over looked in this trade

JermanJaysFan
02-18-2009, 02:56 AM
I can't believe the Bucks beat the Pistons. I am so pissed. :mad::mad::mad:

Alright.

More shats!
02-18-2009, 03:30 AM
I think so, now AP dosen't have to guard the best perimiter player on the other team and can focus on offence a bit more.The one i think this trade will help the most is Andrea now he can be himself and play his game Marion is the perfect SF to go along with Andrea because he rebounds like a center and that can make up for Bargs lack of rebounds at the center position.

Frank Costanza
02-18-2009, 09:55 AM
little side note but on topic of ap, will BC resign him? i really hope so , he has become one of my fav role players in the recent yrs, agree with all you said about him not being overloaded with wing defence and that they can alternate in foul trouble situs and with a new look joey g in the lockeroom swing might not be our biggest weakness anymore

bartron_44
02-18-2009, 10:09 AM
I don't think BC views him as a rental player. I think he sees a chance to resign Marion before he becomes a FA. If he offers him a 3 yr 30 Million dollar deal before the new CBA, I think Marion may accept that. Heck give him a signing bonus, or give him some incentives to increase maybe but a base avg of 10 Million I think he would take.

This summer I may do the opposite of most contracts and give him like 13 Million this year, then 6 Million in the big FA frenzy year, and 11 Million in yr 3.

Reasons-

1- This year's FA market is not really what the raps need other then Marion. I think we can save some money and simply resign Parker, Graham (if they come relatively cheap)....and hopefully Trevor Ariza or Ben Gordon.

2- Next year we have more money to throw at the major players in FA.

3- 11M is not that bad to have to swallow for his last year, and he'll only be 33.

and yes AP will become more energetic on the offensive end due to his lesser role on D.

Bob_at_york
02-18-2009, 10:45 AM
I guess he does, I never really thought about it. Also AP and his declining skills would probably find it easier to cover the Sasha Pavlovic, Q, Grant Hill and so on.

pebloemer
02-18-2009, 11:27 AM
I think so, now AP dosen't have to guard the best perimiter player on the other team and can focus on offence a bit more.The one i think this trade will help the most is Andrea now he can be himself and play his game Marion is the perfect SF to go along with Andrea because he rebounds like a center and that can make up for Bargs lack of rebounds at the center position.

For a while now I have believed that Marion would be a perfect compliment for Bargnani for the exact reason you posted. I guess now we can see if it is true.

Regarding Parker, I think this will help him defensively as well as offensively. I think there will more piece of mind knowing Marion will guard the other teams best player well. Parker just can't get cocky on his own man and try doubling or risking for a steal. He tries very hard to be a factor on defense, which is the right mind frame, but I think he needs to keep it simpler. A worse offensive player to defend could help this. And yes, less defensive work means more effort can be put in on the offensive end.

B2theRY
02-18-2009, 11:42 AM
i think AP is better than most people give him credit for.. id be horrible too if im always covering the best defender on every team with no help night after night.