PDA

View Full Version : Vince to Portland?

carter15
02-17-2009, 10:15 PM
The Blazers have reportedly put in a bid for Vince Carter, offering the Nets the expiring contract of Raef LaFrentz along with Travis Outlaw and Sergio Rodriguez.

The Nets have reportedly declined the Rockets offer of Tracy McGrady for Carter and Trenton Hassell. They countered by offering Carter and Josh Boone to the Rockets for Ron Artest, Shane Battier, Luther Head and Carl Landry. This could all blow over, but it's starting to sound like VC's days in New Jersey are numbered.

i think this is the most likely destination for him

nets get expiring plus 2 young players.

houston is also a possibility of course still..but that looks lik a pretty good deal.

Rique
02-17-2009, 10:17 PM
exactly the trade i mentioned a couple days ago its fair for both teams

Jonathan2323
02-17-2009, 10:19 PM
this is nothing more than a salary dump for the Nets. another 2010 move :pity: teams are going to be dissapointed that year.

carter15
02-17-2009, 10:21 PM
this is nothing more than a salary dump for the Nets. another 2010 move :pity: teams are going to be dissapointed that year.

i just hope u realise that just how u think its ridiculous when ppl think theyll get lebron...its just as ridiculous for u think a team lik the nets have no chance....its all just speculation and a matter of opinion.

KB24PG16
02-17-2009, 10:21 PM
portland should do it but if i were new jersey i would try to get that deal for ron artest

Jonathan2323
02-17-2009, 10:22 PM
i just hope u realise that just how u think its ridiculous when ppl think theyll get lebron...its just as ridiculous for u think a team lik the nets have no chance....its all just speculation and a matter of opinion.

i never said you wouldnt get Lebron. but your tanking your season, if you make this move for a chance to get lebron.

Rique
02-17-2009, 10:23 PM
Nets need to get Rudy Fernandez in this trade and jump on it

JordansBulls
02-17-2009, 10:23 PM
The Blazers have reportedly put in a bid for Vince Carter, offering the Nets the expiring contract of Raef LaFrentz along with Travis Outlaw and Sergio Rodriguez.

The Nets have reportedly declined the Rockets offer of Tracy McGrady for Carter and Trenton Hassell. They countered by offering Carter and Josh Boone to the Rockets for Ron Artest, Shane Battier, Luther Head and Carl Landry. This could all blow over, but it's starting to sound like VC's days in New Jersey are numbered.

i think this is the most likely destination for him

nets get expiring plus 2 young players.

houston is also a possibility of course still..but that looks lik a pretty good deal.

So they want Vince to play SF?

I don't see why you need two guys who play the same way on the team in Roy and Vince.

VCaintdead17
02-17-2009, 10:24 PM
I think vince to the cavs and G-wallace to the blazers makes the most sense

MJ-BULLS
02-17-2009, 10:28 PM
i think it will not be a good trade for the blazers

CvilleRB28
02-17-2009, 10:30 PM

Yeah they are haha.

QMik27
02-17-2009, 10:37 PM
ha 2 bad lebron will never ever go 2 new york or new jersey ha.

Rique
02-17-2009, 10:38 PM
i think it will not be a good trade for the blazers

they would be able to compete now

carter15
02-17-2009, 10:38 PM
i never said you wouldnt get Lebron. but your tanking your season, if you make this move for a chance to get lebron.

ya but i dont think this is simply just tanking...a move lik tmac for vince wud be tanking...but outlaw is a very good player (i think) and sergio is probly a good bkup pg...im not saying id do this deal if i were the nets....but there rebuilding and this wud had more young guys....if they were tanking..vince wud be traded by now....they still want some good pieces.

Rique
02-17-2009, 10:40 PM
Brook Lopez would benefit from a player like Outlaw that shoots well from 3

just imagine Brook Lopez in the paint with Outlaw and Yi sitting at the 3 point line waiting for the ball an easy 5-6 assist for him

Young2Kinsler
02-17-2009, 10:43 PM
With this surfacing, if Dallas would wake up and offer Howard, surely we could land Carter... damn front office.

JIDsanity
02-17-2009, 10:44 PM
Brook Lopez would benefit from a player like Outlaw that shoots well from 3

just imagine Brook Lopez in the paint with Outlaw and Yi sitting at the 3 point line waiting for the ball an easy 5-6 assist for him

Simmons shoots a higher % from 3.

Rique
02-17-2009, 10:50 PM
Simmons shoots a higher % from 3.

Simmons also does absolutely nothing else besides shoot 3's. He is no threat to any1 no1 is worried about Simmons which is why he is left open watch Travis Outlaw he has the highest % of game winners in the league

carter15
02-17-2009, 10:50 PM
Simmons also does absolutely nothing else besides shoot 3's. He is no threat to any1 no1 is worried about Simmons which is why he is left open watch Travis Outlaw he has the highest % of game winners in the league

lik 1 for 1...woopie

chicagocubsfan
02-17-2009, 11:04 PM
good trade for nets

Hawkeye15
02-17-2009, 11:08 PM
??? Why would the Blazers go after Carter? Their shooting guard is way better. They should go after Wallace, a legit 3 who loves to go to the rim

JordansBulls
02-17-2009, 11:39 PM
??? Why would the Blazers go after Carter? Their shooting guard is way better. They should go after Wallace, a legit 3 who loves to go to the rim

Roy isn't wayyy better.

astrosmaniac
02-17-2009, 11:45 PM
if the blazers offered lafrentzs (SP?) and rudy i would jump all over it if i was the nets

KnickVeteran
02-17-2009, 11:59 PM
Bad trade if you're portland

KnickVeteran
02-18-2009, 12:00 AM
They would be better off getting something like a Baron Davis. Clippers looking to shed salary and they're dangling him. Portland needed a PG more than a wingman in carter. Bad trade. Not to mention Carter is aging. I just don't see how this trades helps Portland. You give up young talent for what.

Rique
02-18-2009, 12:11 AM
They would be better off getting something like a Baron Davis. Clippers looking to shed salary and they're dangling him. Portland needed a PG more than a wingman in carter. Bad trade. Not to mention Carter is aging. I just don't see how this trades helps Portland. You give up young talent for what.

***** if u think Baron Davis is better than VC and VC is aging ur smoking crack. Davis is injury prone and VC is flat out better and Davis contract is a blackhole