PDA

View Full Version : Laker Game Removed From FanNight

JJ81
02-17-2009, 07:38 PM
Earlier, I went onto NBA.com and voted for the Lakers @ Thunder game. I just went back on and saw that they had taken that game out of the poll! I guess they realised they had to do something about the fact that it was pretty much LakerNight, not FanNight! Haha.

Link: http://www.nba.com/FanNight/

still1ballin
02-17-2009, 07:44 PM
I didn't even notice that. I know they are playing tonight on NBA fan night, but I voted for spurs and dallas thinking Lakers don't play next tuesday. That is messed up how they would take them out. Its called "FAN NIGHT" for a reason. Fans want to see the Lakers play.

BouGa
02-17-2009, 07:52 PM
They don't want to see them play every time thats an option. Most of the time there are so many better games out there, and they would put on example Lakers-Grizzlies.

fresh prince
02-17-2009, 07:57 PM
^^
Exactly! Not to mention being in LA I get all the Lake SHow games anyways and I havent bought League Pass this year..

Every time a Laker game wins I get pissed. Good move NBA TV.. Lets go for the best match up and remove the Lakers as an option for a while.

VCaintdead17
02-17-2009, 07:58 PM
ugh, finally, they should remove celtics too, not that I dont like the team, but it just gets so repetitive

BouGa
02-17-2009, 08:00 PM
I really never see the Celtics on NBATV, I have the package, but I do look and see who they selected. It seems to be Lakers and no1 else.

HoLLyWooD PLK
02-17-2009, 08:05 PM
lol yeah, celtics are never there fan night

i always vote laker games, i dont care if its against a wack team or not !!

showtym24
02-17-2009, 08:13 PM
I really never see the Celtics on NBATV, I have the package, but I do look and see who they selected. It seems to be Lakers and no1 else.

I got the package too, and i'd rather not even have the lakers on fan night cuz they'll cut to the game slow as hell and you gotta here GP and webber.:cry:

LA_Raiders
02-17-2009, 08:32 PM
lol, thats right, LA rules...

JJ81
02-17-2009, 08:33 PM
They don't want to see them play every time thats an option. Most of the time there are so many better games out there, and they would put on example Lakers-Grizzlies.

If they win the biggest percent of votes then they are keeping the biggest percent possible of viewers happy.

Kyle N.
02-17-2009, 08:40 PM
I forgot who it was but it might have been Charles Barkley, but at the beginning of the season when they announced that they'd be doing this fan night voting he said "this is stupid, the Lakers are going to win every time!"

mjt20mik
02-17-2009, 09:05 PM
Dallas vs Spurs is definitely a better game, than Lakers vs Thunder.

BTownTeamsRKing
02-17-2009, 09:09 PM
do u have to have the NBA league pass to see these games?
if u had it, why would u care which game they choose?

i dont get any of these games.

Teeboy1487
02-17-2009, 09:16 PM
It seems like the lakers or the cavs win every other fan night. Especially the lakers. Oh well I'm not complaining.

Crooks&Castles
02-17-2009, 09:37 PM
This is just racist

GoatMilk
02-17-2009, 09:44 PM
about damn time
this is why I hate Laker fans

I voted BETcats/Suns btw

MJ-BULLS
02-17-2009, 09:45 PM
i wanted to see the lakers and thunder the thunder have K Durant :)

kobe24>lebron23
02-17-2009, 09:53 PM
haters!!! just like espn!!!

while kobe and the lakers are ballin' all the haters are fallin'!!!!!

laker fans and haters hit me up on myspace! pm me if u want my email address!

JJ81
02-17-2009, 10:07 PM
about damn time

You hate Laker fans because they vote to see their favourite team?:confused:

JJ81
02-17-2009, 10:12 PM
This is just racist

Hahaha ;)

KB24PG16
02-17-2009, 10:24 PM
this is gay... if yao gets into the all star game because of china they he should taken off the ballet

JJ81
02-17-2009, 10:59 PM
this is gay... if yao gets into the all star game because of china they he should taken off the ballet

Haha, good point.

Kyle N.
02-17-2009, 11:05 PM
Even if they stopped the people with League Pass from voting the Lakers would still win. I don't have a problem with it. If people want to see the Lakers they should get to see the Lakers no matter how much you hate them.

jackyyy
02-17-2009, 11:41 PM
i don't get it. why would laker fans vote for it on FanNight? we have every game on either FSNWest/Kcal9 . depending on home/away games. well it would be a different story if you dont live in Cali.

DenButsu
02-18-2009, 12:02 AM
haters!!! just like espn!!!

while kobe and the lakers are ballin' all the haters are fallin'!!!!!

laker fans and haters hit me up on myspace! pm me if u want my email address!

I don't think a poster who created a hater user name is standing on any kind of high ground from where he can point his finger and call other people haters. :eyebrow:

DenButsu
02-18-2009, 12:04 AM
You hate Laker fans because they vote to see their favourite team?:confused:

No, it's because they always cry and whine when they're not at the center of the NBA universe - this thread, for example.

I don't hate Lakers fans, but I hate it when they think they're so much more special than everybody else, which is all too often.

JJ81
02-18-2009, 12:06 AM
No, it's because they always cry and whine when they're not at the center of the NBA universe - this thread, for example

If any team was left out of the voting, someone on here would make a thread and complain.

DenButsu
02-18-2009, 12:15 AM
Doubt it.

JJ81
02-18-2009, 12:26 AM
Doubt it.

:rolleyes:

It's not fair, no matter what team it is. Why have a poll if they're gonna do that? :confused:

JJ81
02-18-2009, 12:28 AM
about damn time

Hold on...

You're from LA.
You have Odom as your avatar.
You have Morrison in a Laker jersey in your signature.
It says "DO IT FOR DREW" below your avatar.

You hate Laker fans? You are a Laker fan. :confused:

DenButsu
02-18-2009, 12:31 AM
:rolleyes:

It's not fair, no matter what team it is. Why have a poll if they're gonna do that? :confused:

What exactly is it that you're really complaining about? That the Lakers don't get enough media coverage? Oh, boo hoo, cry me a freakin river, dude.

JJ81
02-18-2009, 12:51 AM
What exactly is it that you're really complaining about? That the Lakers don't get enough media coverage? Oh, boo hoo, cry me a freakin river, dude.

Read the first thread, I wasn't complaining until you accused me of "crying and whining".

still1ballin
02-18-2009, 12:59 AM
It is called NBA Fan Night for a reason. The fans vote for which game they want. Fans want to see the Lakers play simple as that. It is wrong for them to take it out. If NBATV doesn't like to air Laker games on Tuesdays then get rid of the whole show period.

DenButsu
02-18-2009, 01:05 AM
Read the first thread, I wasn't complaining until you accused me of "crying and whining".

Don't be disingenuous. The entire point of this thread is to complain. To say that it's not fair that the Lakers game wasn't included, and to gripe about it. You may have said "ha ha" in the top post, but you knew well the reaction that would be coming from Lakers fans.

This thread. (http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/epic-failure.jpg)

--------------------

Sorry, man, not trying to be rude, but with all the love and attention the Lakers get from the national sports media, with all the clout their massive fan base has in swaying things like nationally televised programming, All-Star voting, etc., do you really expect to be getting a lot of sympathy from the fans of all the other teams that are constantly dissed and underrepresented?

Talk to me after the Nuggets play on Christmas next time and the Lakers don't. Or when Roy is voted in over Kobe in the All-Star game. Or when ESPN stops riding the Lakers' sack. Then you might actually have a leg to stand on here.

DenButsu
02-18-2009, 01:10 AM
It is called NBA Fan Night for a reason. The fans vote for which game they want. Fans want to see the Lakers play simple as that. It is wrong for them to take it out. If NBATV doesn't like to air Laker games on Tuesdays then get rid of the whole show period.

What you guys fail to understand (I guess this point can't be perceived from a Laker-centric perspective?) is that the entire point of "fan night" is rendered moot if the voting goes to the same team each and every time. The point is to give fans a chance to see games that the network might not have chosen to program. If it's all Boston and L.A. all the time, then there's really no point in having fan night at all, because it's always all Boston and L.A. all the time.

Otherwise, just retool the concept and call it Lakers night, and rename the NBA the National (and L.A. Lakers) Basketball Association.

Kyle N.
02-18-2009, 01:10 AM
Even though the Lakers usually win I still think Fan Night is a great idea.

still1ballin
02-18-2009, 01:22 AM
What you guys fail to understand (I guess this point can't be perceived from a Laker-centric perspective?) is that the entire point of "fan night" is rendered moot if the voting goes to the same team each and every time. The point is to give fans a chance to see games that the network might not have chosen to program. If it's all Boston and L.A. all the time, then there's really no point in having fan night at all, because it's always all Boston and L.A. all the time.

Otherwise, just retool the concept and call it Lakers night, and rename the NBA the National (and L.A. Lakers) Basketball Association.

Does not matter. Like they say, you vote, and we'll show it. So what if the games are repeated? If people want to see it then put it on. The Lakers are getting most of the votes for a reason. Simply they want to see them play. "FAN NIGHT" Not fan night with the exception of any Laker games.

Beno7500
02-18-2009, 01:28 AM
one laker game wont be shown on nbatv and they whine. jesus christ nothin is good enough for them. your always on espn and tnt and abc, shut the hell up for once.

DenButsu
02-18-2009, 01:40 AM
Does not matter if you're a Lakers fan - and **** the rest of the NBA.

Fixed.

The Lakers are getting most of the votes for a reason.

Yeah, this (http://www.census.gov/population/www/cen2000/briefs/phc-t3/tables/tab03.txt) and this (http://www.nba.com/news/chinajerseys.html).

All you're really saying is, "Since we have the largest media market, we deserve to dominate the airwaves at the expense of all the other NBA teams and their fans. What a joke.

thedfactor
02-18-2009, 01:40 AM
Lakers Hawks were still on NBATV though

G-Funk
02-18-2009, 02:56 AM
This is just racist

shut up

kingkobe
02-18-2009, 04:44 AM
What bullsh*t. I am in Toronto and I don't get FSN West and other LA channels. I wanna see the Lakers. Wtf...Spurs-Mavs is bs. They can prolly watch this game on the same channel being in the same state. Why do they have a fan night if they are going to discriminate like this.

May be they should call it "Fan Night but if too many people vote Lakers then screw LA".

I thought the whole point is to show what most of the fans want.

Either Lakers have the best fans or the other teams don't have enough fans. How is it Lakers' fault that other teams' fans suck. Screw this.

DenButsu
02-18-2009, 11:01 AM
A gift (http://www.tarheelfanblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/wahmbulance-736464.jpg) for the Lakers fans, free of charge.

Seriously, dudes, get over it. There are 29 other teams that have fans that want to see them, too. You guys get MORE than your fair share of the NBA limelight.

still1ballin
02-18-2009, 12:05 PM
Fixed.

Yeah, this (http://www.census.gov/population/www/cen2000/briefs/phc-t3/tables/tab03.txt) and this (http://www.nba.com/news/chinajerseys.html).

All you're really saying is, "Since we have the largest media market, we deserve to dominate the airwaves at the expense of all the other NBA teams and their fans. What a joke.

You are being very ignorant. Listen I am not whinning. I could care less if they play on fan night or not. I have the league pass so I will see them regardless, but if the whole purpose of the show is for the viewers to pick which game they want to see, then let them choose, if they want to see Lakers over and over again then so be it.

JJ81
02-18-2009, 02:18 PM
A gift (http://www.tarheelfanblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/wahmbulance-736464.jpg) for the Lakers fans, free of charge.

Seriously, dudes, get over it. There are 29 other teams that have fans that want to see them, too. You guys get MORE than your fair share of the NBA limelight.

Why are you trying to cause arguments?

kylem4711
02-18-2009, 03:10 PM
who cares

JJ81
02-18-2009, 03:56 PM
who cares

If you don't care, don't post.

DenButsu
02-18-2009, 06:23 PM
Why are you trying to cause arguments?

I'm not, I'm simply disagreeing with all you Lakers fans that some grave injustice has been wrought upon your team by the NBA.

Case in point: Last night, here in Japan, just before going to bed I turned on the tube while I was brushing my teeth and the one single NBA game that was aired here yesterday happened to be on.

Lakers-Hawks.

You guys, not the NBA, are the ones missing the point of "fan night". By removing the Lakers game from the voting (once - gasp!) they're merely trying to spread the wealth around to ALL the NBA fans around the league, instead of letting it get hoarded by a single fanbase that just happens to be the largest one.

You guys are the school bully, complaining that the rest of the kids didn't bring enough lunch money for you to steal, more or less. The Lakers are in a great all-around situation where the media is concerned, and for you guys to be coming in here and griping to us about it - yes, still1ballin, it does sound like whining to the rest of us who aren't so lucky to have our teams loved and adored and worshipped by the national sports media.

I'm not trying to cause an argument. All I'm saying is: What the hell are you guys complaining for - you already have it great. And if they didn't put even more extra cherries on top than you already always get in the first place, is it really that bad? I'm thinking no.

Beno7500
02-18-2009, 07:58 PM
^ yes!

Crooks&Castles
02-18-2009, 08:09 PM
shut up

tell me when the celtics beat the Lakers.

JJ81
02-18-2009, 08:14 PM
I'm not, I'm simply disagreeing with all you Lakers fans that some grave injustice has been wrought upon your team by the NBA.

Case in point: Last night, here in Japan, just before going to bed I turned on the tube while I was brushing my teeth and the one single NBA game that was aired here yesterday happened to be on.

Lakers-Hawks.

You guys, not the NBA, are the ones missing the point of "fan night". By removing the Lakers game from the voting (once - gasp!) they're merely trying to spread the wealth around to ALL the NBA fans around the league, instead of letting it get hoarded by a single fanbase that just happens to be the largest one.

You guys are the school bully, complaining that the rest of the kids didn't bring enough lunch money for you to steal, more or less. The Lakers are in a great all-around situation where the media is concerned, and for you guys to be coming in here and griping to us about it - yes, still1ballin, it does sound like whining to the rest of us who aren't so lucky to have our teams loved and adored and worshipped by the national sports media.

I'm not trying to cause an argument. All I'm saying is: What the hell are you guys complaining for - you already have it great. And if they didn't put even more extra cherries on top than you already always get in the first place, is it really that bad? I'm thinking no.

It's unfair, I would have made this thread no matter which team was left out. I wasn't complaining - read the first thread. I only started complaining and stating that it was unfair because you started accusing me of "whining and crying". I'm sure I've already told you this but you seem to ignore it.:eyebrow:

da wood
02-18-2009, 09:09 PM

Lakers-Hawks.

man aint nobody tryin to hear wtf you talkin about. they call it fan night they say vote we vote for who we want to see every other damn time they have every game airing. this time they don't that not fair no matter how you try to explain ya damn idea.

DenButsu
02-19-2009, 04:29 AM
man aint nobody tryin to hear wtf you talkin about. they call it fan night they say vote we vote for who we want to see every other damn time they have every game airing. this time they don't that not fair no matter how you try to explain ya damn idea.

Can we please bring back the PSD awards so I can nominate this for post of the year?

junion
02-19-2009, 04:48 AM
i really dont care because i either watch it on kcal9, fsnw, but it would suck for the fans out of SoCal.

Teeboy1487
02-19-2009, 05:19 AM
That stinks out loud. I live in Louisiana and that is the only time I can see a laker game is on nba tv fan night. I have fsn west but they block the games out when the lakers start the play. I can only watch the post game shows after they unblock it. Darn Directv