PDA

View Full Version : Felton to Miami??????

kntresistheheat
02-17-2009, 01:59 PM
It was reported on ESPN Chad Ford, That he is hearing that the heat are talking to the bobcats for Felton? That the heat main piece that goes to the bobcats is Cook???????

I personlly dont like it because cook is consistant on the three's, but I can understand riley's concern we need a another pg because if Mario goes down we cant count on quinn to take over.

Thoughts????

Sorry no link yet, I am working on getting it:D and also says lowry too!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=ford_chad&page=TradeTalk-090217 Found it!

thedfactor
02-17-2009, 02:13 PM
Felton would be a Maverick right now if it wasn't for DJ getting injured...:sigh:

Jonathan2323
02-17-2009, 02:17 PM
most people dont know who Cook is but he is one of the best shooters in the league and hes only 21 dont trade Cook!!!!

oshea225
02-17-2009, 02:22 PM
i'll be pissed if we trade cook for felton. feltons good, but i'd rather have mario and cook than just mario and felton. mario's been holding his own as a rookie

DerekRE_3
02-17-2009, 02:24 PM
I really don't see the Bobcats trading Felton. Larry Brown really likes him and he's done a great job running the point. The last month he has been flirting with triple doubles. Brown has been quoted as saying Felton is "a pretty incredible individual.”

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/bobcats/story/542363.html

IRUAM #21
02-17-2009, 02:25 PM
I dont like it.

IndyRealist
02-17-2009, 02:27 PM
Well Felton's being shopped around by team management, so either a) Larry Brown is talking up his player's value, or b) Larry Brown is out of the loop.

DerekRE_3
02-17-2009, 02:30 PM
Well Felton's being shopped around by team management, so either a) Larry Brown is talking up his player's value, or b) Larry Brown is out of the loop.

Again, people are misunderstanding the Bobcats team management. They haven't been actively shopping Felton, teams keep calling them asking about his availability and the Bobcats have been listening to offers. So far...they haven't heard anything they like.

And as far as Larry Brown being out of the loop goes....when they were talking with the Lakers about the Vlad/Morrison trade, Rod Higgins (GM), Michael Jordan, and Larry Brown all had a conference call about it before the deal went down. So I wouldn't call Brown out of the loop.

HOZ THE KNICK
02-17-2009, 02:31 PM
i wouldn't trade cook for a half a yr.rental.

DerekRE_3
02-17-2009, 02:32 PM
i wouldn't trade cook for a half a yr.rental.

They would be able to offer him a qualifying offer for one more year or have the chance to match any offer he gets as a restricted free agent.

Afridi786
02-17-2009, 04:35 PM
Felton would start over Chalmers homers.

koreancabbage
02-17-2009, 04:37 PM

i believe so as well

Faneik
02-17-2009, 04:40 PM
most people dont know who Cook is but he is one of the best shooters in the league and hes only 21 dont trade Cook!!!!

please...:rolleyes:

Master Mind
02-17-2009, 04:43 PM

Agreed

DerekRE_3
02-17-2009, 04:45 PM

Yeah he definitely would, he's been great this month.

14 ppg 9 apg 5.6 rpg 3.4 spg

Lakers09
02-17-2009, 05:01 PM
why are the heat trying to make moves...dwade will be gone shortly!

STAY YOUNG!!!

Master Mind
02-17-2009, 05:07 PM
why are the heat trying to make moves...dwade will be gone shortly!

STAY YOUNG!!!

Blasphemy...Shut your trap and worry about your team...

Hawkeye15
02-17-2009, 05:57 PM
don't like it for Miami. They are not a contender right now. Let Chalmers grow, see what he can do. You can always get a point guard later.

dolfan720
02-17-2009, 06:02 PM
They should trade cook they already have Dwade at SG and Felton would start most likly I really like it for them.

uchiha
02-17-2009, 06:05 PM
They should trade cook they already have Dwade at SG and Felton would start most likly I really like it for them.

oh we already have one SG... therefore we should trade one of the best young rookies in the game that is a perfect compliment for Wade

makes sooo much sense

J$mo0th_3o5
02-17-2009, 06:08 PM
I don't like it for us.

Kakaroach
02-17-2009, 06:10 PM
After winning the 3-point shootout and proving to be one of the best shooters in the league, I don't think this trade makes any sense for Miami. And I don't think Charlotte should trade Felton for the sake of just trading him.

GrkGawdofWalkz
02-17-2009, 06:13 PM
Felton would be a nice fit for Miami, and if all they have to give up is Cook, it's an obvious coo.

durtee
02-17-2009, 06:15 PM
I live in Miami, but am not a Heat fan. That said I think it would be a great move for the Heat. Chalmers has upside and so does Cook...I guess..but I would much rather have Felton. Granted that Felton's games are rarely on the tube, so I don't see much of him, but I still think he is a great player. He could immediately make an impact for the Heat. IMO it would be a steal for the Heat. And lets be honest the Heat need to do everything that they can to get better before 2010 to have any shot of keeping DWade.

daleja424
02-17-2009, 06:17 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=blkba3

+ a first round pick... basically they would be traded felton for a future first rounder...

uchiha
02-17-2009, 06:18 PM
lol two former top 10 picks for a bunch of crappy Heat players

Derick713
02-17-2009, 06:22 PM
They must have a lot of faith in James Jones if they are considering dealing Daequan Cook. It just doesn't make sense because the Heat already have Chalmers which would make Felton a pretty expensive back-up who the Heat would most likely lose this off-season since he’s a restricted free agent. Chalmers is due for an extension in two more seasons and to acquire Felton would mean that the Heat is willing to sign him to a long term deal.

Antonio Daniels, Keyon Dooling, or Earl Watson make more sense for the Heat. Felton is a starting point. The Heat needs a back-up point guard.

If the Heat deals Cook they would have to make another deal to acquire a back-up shooting guard.

DerekRE_3
02-17-2009, 06:24 PM
They must have a lot of faith in James Jones if they are considering dealing Daequan Cook. It just doesn't make sense because the Heat already have Chalmers which would make Felton a pretty expensive back-up who the Heat would most likely lose this off-season since hes a restricted free agent. Chalmers is due for an extension in two more seasons and to acquire Felton would mean that the Heat is willing to sign him to a long term deal.

Antonio Daniels, Keyon Dooling, or Earl Watson make more sense for the Heat. Felton is a starting point. The Heat needs a back-up point guard.
If the Heat deals Cook it would mean they would have to make another deal to acquire a back-up shooting guard.

You realize Felton is a good amount better than Chalmers right?

extreme k.closs
02-17-2009, 06:27 PM
If this is really being discussed the heat would be crazy not to do this felton>>>>chamlers and or cook

daleja424
02-17-2009, 06:29 PM
felton is not better then cook IMO... I wont trade for felton if it means cook. I would happily trade a pick and some fillers for him though

DerekRE_3
02-17-2009, 06:30 PM
felton is not better then cook IMO... I wont trade for felton if it means cook. I would happily trade a pick and some fillers for him though

Yeah I hate PG's that flirt with triple doubles...In the past 5 games Felton is averaging 14 points, 9 assists, 6 rebounds, and 3.5 steals. What does Cook do? Shoot?

homestarunner93
02-17-2009, 06:32 PM
Sources say the Blazers have intensified their focus on Wallace. He's young, athletic and physical, and he doesn't need to score to be an impact player. He has four years and $38 million left on his contract, which is a lot, but given his age and production the past few years, it's not unreasonable. The problem for the Blazers is that the Bobcats want Portland to take back Nazr Mohammed as part of the deal. That could be a deal-breaker for Pritchard.
Please no...

The Heat are prowling for a point guard. The two names I've heard the most are Raymond Felton and Kyle Lowry. The Heat are offering Daequan Cook, according to a source.
Don't waste Felton on a 1 dimensional player...

daleja424
02-17-2009, 06:34 PM
Yeah I hate PG's that flirt with triple doubles...In the past 5 games Felton is averaging 14 points, 9 assists, 6 rebounds, and 3.5 steals. What does Cook do? Shoot?

helloooooo.... chalmers in more then fine at PG and Miami needs outside shooting more then another playmaker now that they have wade and JO to clear up open threes. Felton is a better player in general, but cook specializes in what this heat teams needs, outstanding perimeter shooting and solid defense. Not to mention that Cook is only 21 years old...

Miami is 1-3 without cook this year.

DerekRE_3
02-17-2009, 06:36 PM
helloooooo.... chalmers in more then fine at PG and Miami needs outside shooting more then another playmaker now that they have wade and JO to clear up open threes. Felton is a better player in general, but cook specializes in what this heat teams needs, outstanding perimeter shooting and solid defense. Not to mention that Cook is only 21 years old...

Miami is 1-3 without cook this year.

Hey I don't want the trade either, but overall Felton is better than Cook, and he's better than Chalmers. He fits what the Bobcats want to do, and they shouldn't trade him.

Derick713
02-17-2009, 06:36 PM

I agree. If we're talking about the big picture Cook is more valuable because he is under contract past 2010 for a bargain price while the Heat would most likely lose Felton this off-season since they are near the luxury tax and are unwilling to sign players past 2010. Cook is D-Wade's second option most of the time and is the best three point shooter the Heat have.

The Heat can get Antonio Daniels or Earl Watson for less. The Heat might be able to pry Keyon Dooling from the Nets.

Heat Untouchables- Mario Chalmers, Dwayne Wade, Michael Beasley, Daequan Cook, and Udonis Haslem.

DerekRE_3
02-17-2009, 06:37 PM
Please no...

Don't waste Felton on a 1 dimensional player...

Seriously...that would be ********. I don't see it happening. Notice how it's the Blazers being the ones interested, they initiated the talks, not Charlotte. At this point, I think Charlotte is just listening to all offers. Hopefully we don't do anything.

J$mo0th_3o5
02-17-2009, 06:43 PM
I say it again NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

homestarunner93
02-17-2009, 06:46 PM
Seriously...that would be ********. I don't see it happening. Notice how it's the Blazers being the ones interested, they initiated the talks, not Charlotte. At this point, I think Charlotte is just listening to all offers. Hopefully we don't do anything.

If we trade anyone other than Mohammed or May, I will be ANGRY.

DerekRE_3
02-17-2009, 06:46 PM
If we trade anyone other than Mohammed or May, I will be ANGRY.

Yeah, well if singletary goes I wouldn't mind that much either but yeah I know what you are saying.

Capcruncher
02-17-2009, 06:55 PM
u can not trade Cook.. I am a loyal Laker fan who recently relocated to Miami Beach and I went to the Laker game in Miami. Cook is arguably the Heats second best player right now. Trading cheap young talent for a guy who is about to hit restricted free agency is not a move Pat Riley should make. I would be shocked if Riles did this. This would set the heat franchise back at least a year. The Heat could steal a game or 2 agaignst Boston and most certaintly agaignst Cleveland in a 7 game series simpy cuz Deshaun gets in that zone very few players are capable of getting into.l

HiphopRelated
02-17-2009, 09:11 PM

and Chalmers is avg 13/7 2 stls 44% 3fg this month. Who happens to be a far better shooter and defender than Felton

so no...I'm not willing to give up Cook who's Wade's goto 3 point man down the stretch for a half year of Raymond Felton who's getting beaten out on his own team by a player on par or worse than Chalmers

SwaggaIke
02-17-2009, 10:23 PM
Felton can't play next to D Wade. You can't compliment Wade w/ a man who can't shoot while giving up our best 3 point shooter and one of Wade's most reliable options. I would like for us to go after Earl Watson over Felton.

Jonathan2323
02-17-2009, 10:26 PM
RIley shot down this idea anyways by saying Cook is not mentioned in any possible trades.

td0tsfinest
02-17-2009, 10:48 PM
wow does winning the 3pt contest really increase your stock that much?

GSW fan
02-17-2009, 11:04 PM
warriors should get Felton

homestarunner93
02-17-2009, 11:27 PM
and Chalmers is avg 13/7 2 stls 44% 3fg this month. Who happens to be a far better shooter and defender than Felton

so no...I'm not willing to give up Cook who's Wade's goto 3 point man down the stretch for a half year of Raymond Felton who's getting beaten out on his own team by a player on par or worse than Chalmers

Well, there's so much wrong with this post its not even funny. Let me disect it for you. There's no chance Chalmers is a better defender than Felton. Felton is a great on ball defender, Chalmers is a good shooter, decent passer, and that's about it right now. Also, how do you suppose Felton is getting beat out by Augustin? Is it the fact that Felton got 3x Augustin's minutes tonight? That must be it.
By the way, how do you figure Augustin is worse than Chalmers?
Chalmers: 43% FG, 38% 3FG, 73% FT, 5 APG, 10 PPG
Augustin: 41% FG, 41% 3FG, 92% FT, 4 APG, 13 PPG

Looks like Augustin beats him easily.

HiphopRelated
02-18-2009, 12:09 AM
Riley emphatically shot down ESPN.com speculation that shooting guard Daequan Cook was being shopped in potential deals for Charlotte's Raymond Felton and Memphis' Kyle Lowry.

"That's absolutely erroneous, it really is," he said. "We're not doing any talking about Daequan."

*close thread*

Nobody is calling Felton a scrub....it's just very foolish for Miami to give up assets for a position that isn't a need.

To Miami Heat Cook > Felton

marlinsfan24
02-18-2009, 12:15 AM
Felton
PPG 13.5
RPG 3.9
APG 6.8
SPG 1.7
BPG 0.4
FG% 0.394
FT% 0.794
3P% 0.305
MPG 38.2

Chalmers
PPG 10.1
RPG 2.6
APG 4.8
SPG 1.9
BPG 0.1
FG% 0.426
FT% 0.733
3P% 0.375
MPG 31.6

Chalmers averages 2 pts and 2 assists less than Felton in 8 less minutes. Chalmers is also the better shooter, so he's a better fit than Felton alongside Wade.