PDA

View Full Version : David Ortiz wants season long ban for steroid users

bosox3431
02-16-2009, 11:19 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=Atowk7CCIstF6oXjmwyO3AA5nYcB?slug=ap-redsox-ortiz&prov=ap&type=lgns

Was to long to post, if a mod wants to add a qoute from the article in my post, feel free

Aussy4GM
02-17-2009, 12:05 AM
is he still gonna want that if they figure out hes on roids

CraigtheSoxFan
02-17-2009, 12:22 AM
is he still gonna want that if they figure out hes on roids

wow what weak cheap shot from a stupid yankee fan

TheHoopsProphet
02-17-2009, 12:30 AM

its not impossible. david ortiz might have gotten so caught up in his egomaniac tirade where he sees himself as the voice of reason that he forgotten he took some shots himself.

CraigtheSoxFan
02-17-2009, 12:34 AM
its not impossible. david ortiz might have gotten so caught up in his egomaniac tirade where he sees himself as the voice of reason that he forgotten he took some shots himself.

he was 27 when is power serge started and plus when he was in minny the twins told him not to hit homers now theres a fact!

DOWN WITH THE BOSTON HATERS

Yankees213
02-17-2009, 12:36 AM
Be careful what you wish for, Papi...

CraigtheSoxFan
02-17-2009, 12:41 AM
im am so sick of you people attacking big papi:mad:

bosox3431
02-17-2009, 12:44 AM
This kind of worries me actually. Is he just saying this so people will think he's clean? Or is he being serious

Yankees213
02-17-2009, 12:44 AM
Originally Posted by CraigtheSoxFan
im am so sick of you people attacking big papi

Not attacking, just telling him be careful. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if his name (or Manny's) came out. I haven't followed your posting too closely but I would assume that you've made your own assumptions towards some members of a particular New York ball team.

This has nothing to do with the Sox. If Papi was playing in Detroit I would be saying the same thing. It's just more fun this way.

CraigtheSoxFan
02-17-2009, 12:47 AM
Not attacking, just telling him be careful. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if his name (or Manny's) came out. I haven't followed your posting too closely but I would assume that you've made your own assumptions towards some members of a particular New York ball team.

This has nothing to do with the Sox. If Papi was playing in Detroit I would be saying the same thing. It's just more fun this way. no i have not attacked any of new yorks players i respect derek jeter and daivd wright

NYMetros
02-17-2009, 12:48 AM
He is just saying this to make us think that he is clean.

:rolleyes:

But seriously, there was no rule in place against it in 2003. There shouldn't be any punishment given out if someone is proven guilty of juicing up back then.

CraigtheSoxFan
02-17-2009, 12:49 AM

But seriously, there was no rule in place against it in 2003. There shouldn't be any punishment given out if someone is proven guilty of juicing up back then.
well he is clean

Yankees213
02-17-2009, 12:52 AM

True, but it was against the law. Then again, they don't suspend for DUI, so no reason to suspend for roiding before it was MLB-illegal.

gosawks
02-17-2009, 01:01 AM
True, but it was against the law. Then again, they don't suspend for DUI, so no reason to suspend for roiding before it was MLB-illegal.

Ah, you've found the loophole my friend. I've never really thought of it that way. I assume that MLB didn't feel the need to make it illegal since it was under the law, but they should have known better.

Adalbjorg
02-17-2009, 01:01 AM

Good point. He probably won't have nearly as much fun when there aren't any Yankees left for him to beat up on.

Adalbjorg
02-17-2009, 01:03 AM
The guy says he's had enough with steroids, he wants stricter punishments, tests for every player on every team multiple times a year and blood tests and he's criticized? How petty.

robbnen#31
02-17-2009, 01:05 AM
I didn't know the baby back ribs diet was a steroid... i mean come on how can you say the guy uses steroids he is a butter ball

Pooned11
02-17-2009, 01:07 AM
That's a good move to deflect steroid rumors from yourself. :hide:

gosawks
02-17-2009, 01:09 AM
Wow, turned into another Yankees v. Red Sox thread!

Who saw THIS coming?

Bongalicious
02-17-2009, 01:11 AM
Who cares what David Ortiz wants?

Tragedy
02-17-2009, 01:13 AM
well he is clean
And you know this how? No one knows for sure.

All I can say is this: These players are likely not on steroids anymore, so they will not test positive going forward. So, Ortiz can safely say this.

Yankees213
02-17-2009, 01:19 AM
Good point. He probably won't have nearly as much fun when there aren't any Yankees left for him to beat up on.

DaaBoTownSox
02-17-2009, 01:23 AM

Actually, if anything, it brings more attention to him.

Yankees213
02-17-2009, 01:27 AM
Actually, if anything, it brings more attention to him.

Example: This thread.

Adalbjorg
02-17-2009, 02:07 AM

What did you expect? Just because you're upset your teams all roided up doesn't mean you have to take shots at a guy who as far as we all know is completely innocent and calling for more strict testing.

Pooned11
02-17-2009, 02:12 AM
What did you expect? Just because you're upset your teams all roided up doesn't mean you have to take shots at a guy who as far as we all know is completely innocent and calling for more strict testing.

Or completely guilty....

Mr. October
02-17-2009, 02:26 AM

The only innocence we know out of Big Papi is that he says he's been clean, but I remember Arod saying the same thing before last week, so to say that he's clean is a big premature and ignorant.

Adalbjorg
02-17-2009, 02:30 AM

You'd have a valid point if there were any steroids rumors about Ortiz.

Adalbjorg
02-17-2009, 02:31 AM
The only innocence we know out of Big Papi is that he says he's been clean, but I remember Arod saying the same thing before last week, so to say that he's clean is a big premature and ignorant.

Yes, it's not like A-Rod was implicated multiple times before being caught (like Clemens and Pettitte). You can't compare him to someone who's never been implicated before.

Adalbjorg
02-17-2009, 02:33 AM
Or completely guilty....

Why (other than the fact that he wears a Red Sox uniform) do you think he's guilty of steroids use?

Mr. October
02-17-2009, 04:00 AM
Yes, it's not like A-Rod was implicated multiple times before being caught (like Clemens and Pettitte). You can't compare him to someone who's never been implicated before.

When was Arod ever implicated? There was nothing of him in the Mitchell Report, nor anything with slight evidence towards him besides Jose Canseco ranting and raving. Rumors do not count...

nstachowski
02-17-2009, 04:22 AM
I agree. Stricter penalties are a need if we want to stop that

Tragedy
02-17-2009, 08:47 AM
A-Rod has never been implicated in anything to do with steroids, same as Ortiz. Only link they've had (before A-Rod's positive test coming out) was that fans have always questioned both of them.

Chapin78
02-17-2009, 09:31 AM

You can't be that naive to think that no one on the sox took roids. There are 103 other players on the list im sure there are some sox on it.

bosox3431
02-17-2009, 12:10 PM
When was Arod ever implicated? There was nothing of him in the Mitchell Report, nor anything with slight evidence towards him besides Jose Canseco ranting and raving. Rumors do not count...

which turned out be more then just ranting and raving, and being the truth

bomber0104
02-17-2009, 12:33 PM
Why are all Red Sox fans think this guy is clean? If someone's numbers are indicative of steroids use, its Ortiz

Mr. October
02-17-2009, 01:20 PM
which turned out be more then just ranting and raving, and being the truth

The way he went about exposing other players to give him some more money to keep himself out of debt was still ranting and raving, even if it had a little merit to it.

Squigga420
02-17-2009, 01:41 PM
I dont want to hear this from any player till they all are tested and the other names are revealed. I dont trust any of them as of right now.

bloodhawk
02-17-2009, 01:46 PM
I'm staying away from blaming anyone and this Yankees v Red Sox crud...

but I agree w/ Ortiz...50 games then 100 games?...it should be 1 season, 2 seasons then lifetime...

Tragedy
02-17-2009, 02:15 PM
Why are all Red Sox fans think this guy is clean? If someone's numbers are indicative of steroids use, its Ortiz
Probably because the story era seemed to die around in 2003-2004, which is around the time he was just becoming a good hitter. Not saying he was clean, just saying that's one of the reasons a logical fan would see it.

leiasgoldbikini
02-17-2009, 02:17 PM
I don't know if he was clean his whole career or not, but I support anybody that calls for tougher bans.

The Intimidator
02-17-2009, 02:19 PM
David Ortiz wouldn't be saying this is he had used PED's in the past. Do you honestly think he's that dumb?

Mr. October
02-17-2009, 02:24 PM
David Ortiz wouldn't be saying this is he had used PED's in the past. Do you honestly think he's that dumb?

It's possible that he just wants to divert attention away from him while this is happening. I'm not saying that he used PEDs, but I find the timing of him going public with this very suspicious.

The Intimidator
02-17-2009, 02:27 PM
It's possible that he just wants to divert attention away from him while this is happening. I'm not saying that he used PEDs, but I find the timing of him going public with this very suspicious.

You could say that, but at the same time he could just be adamantly against use of PED's.

Chaos25
02-17-2009, 03:57 PM
Why (other than the fact that he wears a Red Sox uniform) do you think he's guilty of steroids use?

With Minny, Ortiz had a line of .232/.325/.394 with an OPS+ of 87. He averaged 9.6 homeruns and 39.6 RBIs per year over that span.

With Boston, Ortiz has a line of .295/.452/.594 with an OPS+ of 150. He averaged 38.5 homeruns and 121.8 RBIs per year thus far.

Thats a pretty big jump in numbers.

Tragedy
02-17-2009, 04:12 PM
With Minny, Ortiz had a line of .232/.325/.394 with an OPS+ of 87. He averaged 9.6 homeruns and 39.6 RBIs per year over that span.

With Boston, Ortiz has a line of .295/.452/.594 with an OPS+ of 150. He averaged 38.5 homeruns and 121.8 RBIs per year thus far.

I understand what everyone is saying, and I've never given a true stance on Ortiz. I guess I'd love to believe he's never used steroids, but that's hard for me to believe considering this era.

However, on a note to help Ortiz:

-His swing from then to now is clearly different. It's not difficult to see where he patched the holes up.

-He's not jacked the way an A-Rod, Sosa, McGwire, Bonds, Dykstra, etc were.

-He started getting very good in 2003, which is around the time when the steroid era (we ASSUME) ended.

Either way, I don't care. I just assume the worst and that most did it.

Chaos25
02-17-2009, 04:16 PM
I'm not blaming him by any means, I don't do that to players unless I have something to base it on.

Just pointing out as to why it's argued by fans.

gosawks
02-17-2009, 04:19 PM

Ah, way to morph the statistics. In six seasons in Minnesota, he had two where he played over 120 games (2000 and 2002). The maximum amount of at bats he had in Minnesota was 415.

In six seasons in Boston, he has only played one season under 120 games (2008). In that same season, he had 416 at bats, still more than any in Minnesota.

Easy to see how 10hr, 40rbi can be extremely misleading, eh? Not to mention the Minnesota philosophy of hitting behind runners to move them over, opting not to wait for the 3 run HR.

The numbers correlate more than you make them appear.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/o/ortizda01.shtml

Chaos25
02-17-2009, 04:21 PM
Ah, way to morph the statistics. In six seasons in Minnesota, he had two where he played over 120 games (2000 and 2002). The maximum amount of at bats he had in Minnesota was 415.

In six seasons in Boston, he has only played one season under 120 games (2008). In that same season, he had 416 at bats, still more than any in Minnesota.

Easy to see how 10hr, 40rbi can be extremely misleading, eh? Not to mention the Minnesota philosophy of hitting behind runners to move them over, opting not to wait for the 3 run HR.

The numbers correlate more than you make them appear.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/o/ortizda01.shtml

Apparently you didn't read the following:

I'm not blaming him by any means, I don't do that to players unless I have something to base it on.

Just pointing out as to why it's argued by fans.

gosawks
02-17-2009, 04:23 PM
No, actually, I didn't. It was posted at the same time I was writing mine.

I'm not exonerating him, I'm just pointing out why it can easily be cross examined by fans.

Chaos25
02-17-2009, 04:24 PM
No, actually, I didn't. It was posted at the same time I was writing mine.

I'm not exonerating him, I'm just pointing out why it can easily be cross examined by fans.

It's all good.

A lot of fans are ignorant, unfortunately. They like to put blame on people when they have nothing to base it on.

gosawks
02-17-2009, 04:29 PM
Well, just like voting.

It takes a hell of a lot more to be an informed voter/fan than it does to just vote/cheer.

mike_noodles
02-17-2009, 04:30 PM
he was 27 when is power serge started and plus when he was in minny the twins told him not to hit homers now theres a fact!

DOWN WITH THE BOSTON HATERS

????

A team telling a player NOT to hit homeruns?

That's just plain stupidity. Where did you hear that?

Chaos25
02-17-2009, 04:35 PM
????

I'm not aware of his exact situation in Minny, but I don't think it would be stupid.

Would the Yankees look for Melky to jack a homerun at any chance he got? No. Why? He doesn't have the ability to do it and at that time, neither did Ortiz.

BigDaveWinfield
02-17-2009, 04:42 PM
Read this and tell me it doesn't sound a lot like he's laying the groundwork just in case his past comes back to haunt him:

David Ortiz:
“I used to buy a protein shake in my country. I don’t do that anymore because they don’t have the approval for that here, so I know that, so I’m off buying things at the GNC back in the Dominican (Republic). But it can happen anytime, it can happen. I don’t know. I don’t know if I drank something in my youth, not knowing it.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ortizsteroids&prov=st&type=lgns

Of course no one wants to believe it's someone on the team they root for but let's face it - odds are there are more than a few on every team (yes, even the Red Sox) and because he is "fat" doesn't mean anything (Petitte, Palmiero don't look like juicers...)

colinskik
02-17-2009, 04:45 PM
We can manipulate Ortiz's stats any way we want to make it look like he was dreadful in Minny and amazing in Boston, or that he didn't get enough ABs in Minny, etc. etc.

However, from strictly a basic fan's perspective, without all the numbers and statistics jargon, ORtiz was not of superstar quality in Minny. He was not a feared middle of the lineup guy. He goes to Boston and become that guy in the course of one off season. All I'm saying is you don't see that very often. Either he learned to perfect his swing, or he was juicing. I think it's easier to assume he juiced at this point, which to me really doesn't detract that much from his legacy. Still an awesome player no matter.

acecrusher06
02-17-2009, 06:48 PM
what a stand-up guy

gosawks
02-18-2009, 01:49 AM
????

Probably here:

Ortiz had felt stifled in Minnesota, an organization that so emphasizes situa tional hitting that no Twin has hit 30 home runs in a season since 1987. The 6'4" Ortiz was the square peg who didn’t fit in the round hole. “They wanted me to stay inside the ball,” Ortiz says, referring to a style in which a lefthanded hitter tries to hit inside pitches to leftfield. “They were teaching that to everyone. That’s why nobody ever hits home runs there. But when you’re young in the big leagues and the coach tells you to do something and you don’t do it and you get negative results, then you’re f-----. They’re going to sit you down.”

The Twins, Ortiz says, so enthusiastically stressed small-ball tactics such as hitting behind runners that “if you moved the runner over from second base [with a groundout], you got high fives in the dugout like you just hit a home run.”

In his first at bat with the Red Sox, while batting cleanup in a spring training game, Ortiz happened to come up with a runner on second base and no outs. “I came in with that little pull, cheap-shot s---,” said Ortiz, explaining his grounder to second base on an outside sinker. “I still had the Minnesota Twins in my system.”

This time there were no high fives waiting for him in the dugout, just manager Grady Little with a word of advice. “Hey,” Little said. “Next time? Bring him in.”

Ortiz smiles at the memory. “I was like, O.K.!” he says. “I had a little more freedom than what I was used to.”

Source:Sports Illustrated (http://bostondirtdogs.boston.com/Headline_Archives/2006/06/ortiz_illustrat.html)

DJYankee
02-18-2009, 02:11 AM
I always liked the Olympics which first time it will be two years. Then the next lifetime.

Matt-the-great
02-18-2009, 07:01 AM
how long of a ban for Burrito's and Cheese-burger's ??

watch out Ortiz, Miggy, and Silva

DaaBoTownSox
02-18-2009, 07:36 AM
how long of a ban for Burrito's and Cheese-burger's ??

watch out Ortiz, Miggy, and Silva

Should ask Bartolo Colon. :rolleyes:

JayAllDay
02-18-2009, 07:55 AM
I think Dante Bichette back in the day accused the "new guy" of doping when he got ousted from the Red Sox. I remember that "new guy" being rumored to be David Ortiz. I might be wrong, and I don't think I would be surprised either way if he turns out clean or not clean of steroids.

gosawks
02-18-2009, 11:03 AM
Um, I think Bichette was gone before Ortiz ever came to Boston.

Yanks#1fan
02-18-2009, 12:01 PM

Cracks me up......You Red Sox fans really do believe that no one on the Sox took roids??? Pfffffffft! HAHAHAHA....Hilarious......Ortiz isn't even sure if he took it in his country.....Come to find out, Primo is legal in the DR! COMICAL!

Yanks#1fan
02-18-2009, 12:05 PM
Please read.....

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ortizsteroids

Yanks#1fan
02-18-2009, 12:05 PM
Primo is over the counter......no?

Sportfan
02-18-2009, 12:08 PM
the article is years old but still interesting

Zep
02-18-2009, 12:08 PM
Haven't you posted this like....5 times already?

Wrigleyboy25
02-18-2009, 12:09 PM
:yawn:

Towelie
02-18-2009, 12:10 PM
:laugh: Man, this is like the 8th time you've posted it.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3142/2686127384_2bda9fc02f_o.jpg

Yanks#1fan
the article is years old but still interesting

No doubt......and yes it has been posted before but it sureeee makes more sense now, no?

Yanks#1fan
:laugh: Man, this is like the 8th time you've posted it.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3142/2686127384_2bda9fc02f_o.jpg

I agree, it's interesting reading especially now after the Arod interview.......

jtchilln
02-18-2009, 12:12 PM
I'm not a steroid pro but i've never heard of a steroid that comes in a shake form.

primoblin was taken with a needle which must get you wondering if this a legal suppliment.

take your Yankee blinders off and quit trying to drag other players into this that are not directly involved.

Towelie
02-18-2009, 12:12 PM
nobody cares, this doesn't change the fact Arod did it, and it doesn't change the fact that there are millions of holes in his story.

Yanks#1fan
02-18-2009, 12:18 PM
I'm not a steroid pro but i've never heard of a steroid that comes in a shake form.

primoblin was taken with a needle which must get you wondering if this a legal suppliment.

take your Yankee blinders off and quit trying to drag other players into this that are not directly involved.

No blinders here....check yourself brah.......In my opinion 90% of MLB players are guilty.......Don't make the mistake of thinking your players are "clean".....It's naive to even think that way.....

Towelie
02-18-2009, 12:20 PM
You believe 90%, yet only David Ortiz you bring up. We get it your a Yankee fan and a Red Sox hater.

JHG722
02-18-2009, 12:20 PM
All this guy does is post stories about Red Sox players...

kEviN21
02-18-2009, 12:22 PM
The bigger guys who do good are always suspects lol.

jtchilln
02-18-2009, 12:23 PM
you must be mistaken because I never said my players are clean, it's obvious someone(s) on the Red Sox have taken steroids. I mean theirs a list out there with about 10 names of past players who tested positive for a banned substance who at one time played in Boston. What I'm saying is your speculation without any hard facts is bull$hit.

Your a pissed off Yankee fan who deep down doesn't want to realize a lot of his favorites are dirty and feels better by dragging some Boston players through the mud.

Get a clue man, 3 out of the last 5 years your Yankees have been holding one of these press conferences during spring training, their is obviously a bigger problem in NY.

Yanks#1fan
02-18-2009, 12:25 PM
you must be mistaken because I never said my players are clean, it's obvious someone(s) on the Red Sox have taken steroids. I mean theirs a list out there with about 10 names of past players who tested positive for a banned substance who at one time played in Boston. What I'm saying is your speculation without any hard facts is bull$hit.

Your a pissed off Yankee fan who deep down doesn't want to realize a lot of his favorites are dirty and feels better by dragging some Boston players through the mud.

Get a clue man, 3 out of the last 5 years your Yankees have been holding one of these press conferences during spring training, their is obviously a bigger problem in NY.

Not at all a pissed off Yankee fan......The sooner everyone realizes this problem is bigger then Alex Rodriguez the better off baseball will be......You are clueless to think otherwise......LOL

Yanks#1fan
02-18-2009, 12:27 PM
nobody cares, this doesn't change the fact Arod did it, and it doesn't change the fact that there are millions of holes in his story.

True....I'm not disagreeing with that......But the fact is, there are many, many, many more players involved and it clearly is a MLB problem.....to think that the Red Sox are immune is crazy.....:censored:

Buckwheat
02-18-2009, 12:28 PM
I have always thought about Ortiz being a possible user, but everyone is a possible user anymore.

But.. Who cares? Let's move on.

Towelie
02-18-2009, 12:28 PM
This is where you're flat out a ****ing ******. Nobody thinks Arod is the only user! He's just the biggest name to ever come out! GET OVER IT YOU'RE HERO TOOK ROIDS AND WILL BE LABELED A CHEATER FOREVER!

Towelie
02-18-2009, 12:29 PM
True....I'm not disagreeing with that......But the fact is, there are many, many, many more players involved and it clearly is a MLB problem.....to think that the Red Sox are immune is crazy.....:censored:

Who is saying this is the case? Nobody only you cause you hate the Red Sox and are pissed nobodys bringing it up. Who cares, drop this stupid ******** and just enjoy baseball for what it is now.

iam brett favre
02-18-2009, 12:31 PM
because peter gammons wouldnt interview him about 'roids

MagicBucsSox
02-18-2009, 12:32 PM
why not him? BECAUSE HE HASNT TESTED POSITIVE FOR IT

Yanks#1fan
02-18-2009, 12:32 PM
This is where you're flat out a ****ing ******. Nobody thinks Arod is the only user! He's just the biggest name to ever come out! GET OVER IT YOU'RE HERO TOOK ROIDS AND WILL BE LABELED A CHEATER FOREVER!

Actually people will get over it....some are already over it....More names will come out.....IMO, it's a monkey off his back......

poodski
02-18-2009, 12:34 PM
This thread is pointless, and so is the posada walking out of the A-Rod press conference, created by a guy who called the thread starter a pissed off yankee fan.

Yeah Yankee fans are pissed off and Boston fans are gloating. Regardless its getting old.

We should either create a forum for steroids discussion or a red sox vs yankees forum so the rest of us dont have to read this **** any more.

There are 13 threads on the front page about A-Rod, steroids, or something related to it.

Its old there is more to baseball than steroids, A-Rod, the Red Sox and the Yankees.

iam brett favre
02-18-2009, 12:34 PM

has sammy sosa? has mark mcgwire?

Yanks#1fan
02-18-2009, 12:42 PM

Put may have taken it legally in the DR......interesting.......

Yanks#1fan
02-18-2009, 12:44 PM
Who is saying this is the case? Nobody only you cause you hate the Red Sox and are pissed nobodys bringing it up. Who cares, drop this stupid ******** and just enjoy baseball for what it is now.

I hate the Red Sox? How so? Why so angry?

I love the game of baseball and steroids is what it is.....It's a MLB wide problem that isn't going away.......It's a period in baseball history that needs to be documented with a " * "........and Rose needs to get in the HALL! LOL

yankeemule4life
02-18-2009, 12:46 PM
Yankee haters galore...

Yanks#1fan
02-18-2009, 12:49 PM
Ortiz pushing a ban for MLB players....He should watch what he says IMO...... but no ban in his own country.......Makes sense.....LOL!

Buckwheat
02-18-2009, 12:51 PM
Put may have taken it legally in the DR......interesting.......

So could many of other players form the Dominican.. Why just Ortiz?

johnnylee722
02-18-2009, 12:55 PM
A Yankee player never took steroids. It was all the Red Sox players. They just blamed everything on the Yankees to get back at them for winning so many championships.

Yanks#1fan
02-18-2009, 12:57 PM
So could many of other players form the Dominican.. Why just Ortiz?

Who knows....Why was Arod the only player out of 104?

Yanks#1fan
02-18-2009, 01:00 PM
You believe 90%, yet only David Ortiz you bring up. We get it your a Yankee fan and a Red Sox hater.

Plenty of players to bring up........David Ortiz is just one example........especially because of his sudden POWER burst!

The Ooh Child
02-18-2009, 01:02 PM

Maybe its because A-Rod is considered the best baseball player of his time

Buckwheat
02-18-2009, 01:04 PM

Because he's a celeb that got screwed over.

Plenty of players to bring up........David Ortiz is just one example........especially because of his sudden POWER burst!

David Ortiz was a skinny rookie. Look at him now. Fat. Not muscle like Bonds or A-Rod or Mac.

Yanks#1fan
02-18-2009, 01:06 PM
Because he's a celeb that got screwed over.

David Ortiz was a skinny rookie. Look at him now. Fat. Not muscle like Bonds or A-Rod or Mac.

David Ortiz put on about 50 lbs since coming over from the Twins.......Sudden burst of power and it aint all fat......Look at the Worlds strongest man competition......Some of them are fat.....But they don't take steroids huh? LOL

Buckwheat
02-18-2009, 01:10 PM
David Ortiz put on about 50 lbs since coming over from the Twins.......Sudden burst of power and it aint all fat......Look at the Worlds strongest man competition......Some of them are fat.....But they don't take steroids huh? LOL

LOLZORZ

You got me there. I'm not sure how to reply. :rolleyes: Show me a guy with less muscle than Ortiz that hits for the same kind of power numbers in this modern era as consistently as he does.

Yanks#1fan
02-18-2009, 01:11 PM
LOLZORZ

You got me there. I'm not sure how to reply. :rolleyes: Show me a guy with less muscle than Ortiz that hits for the same kind of power numbers in this modern era as consistently as he does.

He got consistent when he came over to the Red Sox.....But at the same time, his power numbers were as high as A-Rod when in Texas.....Makes you wonder......

Towelie
02-18-2009, 01:15 PM

You know nothing about him then. It was such a massive jump. Fenway is the No.1 hitters park in baseball, even better then Coors is right now! I know you don't understand how that works cause you're practically brain dead.

Towelie
02-18-2009, 01:18 PM
has sammy sosa? has mark mcgwire?

Was tests being made mandatory then? Were they after 2003 when Ortiz broke out? Think about it for a second instead of just being a idiot about it.

Yanks#1fan
02-18-2009, 01:19 PM
You know nothing about him then. It was such a massive jump. Fenway is the No.1 hitters park in baseball, even better then Coors is right now! I know you don't understand how that works cause you're practically brain dead.

And you DO???? LOL! So there is NO possible way David Ortiz used???? He HIMSELF said he MAY have used d bag!

SO David Ortiz hitting 50+ HR's is because of the ballpark? He went from hitting 20 in Minn to hitting 54 in Boston!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yea it's the ballpark moron.......HAHAHAHA:bs:

Yanks#1fan
02-18-2009, 01:20 PM
Was tests being made mandatory then? Were they after 2003 when Ortiz broke out? Think about it for a second instead of just being a idiot about it.

He broke out when he went to Boston......simple.......from 20 to 54....HUGE jump! Last year he was back to normal....23....LOL

Towelie
02-18-2009, 01:23 PM
Cano did roids! He's from the DR and look at his stats!!!

Posada does roids cause he's from the PR!

I just know he did it! Time to make 7 threads about it

Yanks#1fan
02-18-2009, 01:25 PM
Cano did roids! He's from the DR and look at his stats!!!

Posada does roids cause he's from the PR!

I just know he did it! Time to make 7 threads about it

They could be.......I never said that ALL of baseball isn't under this cloud!!!!!!!!!!! YOUR the ONLY one wearing BLINDERS brah! Red Sox players have used steroids.....David Ortiz included!

Towelie
02-18-2009, 01:27 PM
They could be.......I never said that ALL of baseball isn't under this cloud!!!!!!!!!!! YOUR the ONLY one wearing BLINDERS brah! Red Sox players have used steroids.....David Ortiz included!

No, Red Sox have used steroids. Did David Ortiz YOU DON'T KNOW!

Towelie
02-18-2009, 01:30 PM
Arod also did roids in 2007 when he hit 54 HR. He went from 35 to 54. No doubt he did it again. :rolleyes: see how ****ing stupid that statement is?

Yanks#1fan
02-18-2009, 01:31 PM
Honestly if you're dad didn't beat you as I kid, I have no reason to think why you post they way you do.

He went from 20 to 31...He did 54 in 2006 two years ago, so please tell me what roids that he got over the counter that Arod tested positive for that Ortiz hasn't?

Why do angry?

For real....If you REALLY believe that none of your beloved Red Sox used your an idiot.....

David Ortiz may have tested positive.....We will never know until the 104 other names come out.......

Towelie
02-18-2009, 01:32 PM
Why do angry?

For real....If you REALLY believe that none of your beloved Red Sox used your an idiot.....

David Ortiz may have tested positive.....We will never know until the 104 other names come out.......

Did I not just say "I'm sure Red Sox players did" You don't see that cause you're a moron. I don't think many did after 2003 at all.

I'm not angry, I think it's hilarious how someone can be so ****ing ********, and honestly believe what they're posting. Your the reason why this steroid **** will never go away.

Buckwheat
02-18-2009, 01:32 PM

I'm not a Red Sox fan, but this post is hilarious. This guy KNOWS FOR A FACT Ortiz used steroids. I bet he also knew A-Rod used steroids before that last report came out too. Oh, wait.. No. He denied it when the initial report came out, I bet. :laugh2:

It's unreal how blind some people are by being homers.

Yanks#1fan
02-18-2009, 01:33 PM
Arod also did roids in 2007 when he hit 54 HR. He went from 35 to 54. No doubt he did it again. :rolleyes: see how ****ing stupid that statement is?

I'm realistic....It is possible.......Since it IS a MLB problem......

JLev24
02-18-2009, 01:34 PM
http://www.thebostonredsox.org/2007/05/david-ortiz-unsure-if-hes-taken.html

David Ortiz Unsure if He's Taken Steroids
Red Sox slugger, David Ortiz admits hes not 100% sure that he has ever taken steroids.

“I tell you, I don’t know too much about steroids, but I started listening about steroids when they started to bring that (expletive) up, and I started realizing and getting to know a little bit about it,” Ortiz said Sunday. “You’ve got to be careful. . . . I used to buy a protein shake in my country. I don’t do that any more because they don’t have the approval for that here, so I know that, so I’m off of buying things at the GNC back in the Dominican (Republic). But it can happen anytime, it can happen. I don’t know. I don’t know if I drank something in my youth, not knowing it.”Reported by Boston Herald

These comments come after Ortiz's recent comments about Barry Bonds and his supposed use of steroids(Ortiz goes to bat for Barry). Supporting Bonds, Ortiz explains that hitting a baseball is much harder than taking some steroids

“To hit the frickin’ ball, the guy makes it look easy, but it ain’t. I don’t know how you can have that swing, consistently. I don’t know how steroids can do that,” Ortiz said. “There are supposed to be guys using steroids in the game, and there’s nobody close to Barry Bonds. What’s that mean? He was using the best (expletive)? Know what I’m saying?”

Yanks#1fan
02-18-2009, 01:35 PM
Did I not just say "I'm sure Red Sox players did" You don't see that cause you're a moron.

I'm not angry, I think it's hilarious how someone can be so ****ing ********, and honestly believe what they're posting. Your the reason why this steroid **** will never go away.

It will go away........it's done as far as I'm concerned.....The only ones who won't let it go are inferior feeling Red Sox fans each and every time A-Rod shows up at Fenway.........LOL

Yanks#1fan
02-18-2009, 01:35 PM

Red Sox slugger, David Ortiz admits hes not 100% sure that he has ever taken steroids.

“I tell you, I don’t know too much about steroids, but I started listening about steroids when they started to bring that (expletive) up, and I started realizing and getting to know a little bit about it,” Ortiz said Sunday. “You’ve got to be careful. . . . I used to buy a protein shake in my country. I don’t do that any more because they don’t have the approval for that here, so I know that, so I’m off of buying things at the GNC back in the Dominican (Republic). But it can happen anytime, it can happen. I don’t know. I don’t know if I drank something in my youth, not knowing it.”Reported by Boston Herald

These comments come after Ortiz's recent comments about Barry Bonds and his supposed use of steroids(Ortiz goes to bat for Barry). Supporting Bonds, Ortiz explains that hitting a baseball is much harder than taking some steroids

“To hit the frickin’ ball, the guy makes it look easy, but it ain’t. I don’t know how you can have that swing, consistently. I don’t know how steroids can do that,” Ortiz said. “There are supposed to be guys using steroids in the game, and there’s nobody close to Barry Bonds. What’s that mean? He was using the best (expletive)? Know what I’m saying?”

Great post! I have posted this like 8 times and it gets taken down......Typical......

Yanks#1fan
02-18-2009, 01:37 PM
I'm not a Red Sox fan, but this post is hilarious. This guy KNOWS FOR A FACT Ortiz used steroids. I bet he also knew A-Rod used steroids before that last report came out too. Oh, wait.. No. He denied it when the initial report came out, I bet. :laugh2:

It's unreal how blind some people are by being homers.

Really? I'm blind? Check yourself.......In my opinion 90% + of MLB players use or have used in the last four years......That would negate a few championships for the Red Sox I suspect.....Guess it's still been 86 years.....First the Patriots and now this....

Yanks#1fan
02-18-2009, 01:39 PM

Careful, you might get banned for posting this as I have..........

Buckwheat
02-18-2009, 01:40 PM
Really? I'm blind? Check yourself.......In my opinion 90% + of MLB players use or have used in the last four years......That would negate a few championships for the Red Sox I suspect.....Guess it's still been 86 years.....First the Patriots and now this....

Yes, just made yourself look more blind. You are a Yankee homer. You know nothing about the sport. You just bash the Red Sox and side with your team. Your team is great, they suck. Your own fans have even made posts bashing you.

And I'm pretty sure I'm not blind in this discussion. I'm not even a Red Sox or Yankees fan.

Towelie
Thank you.....Your anger tells the entire story......

Nothing you can do on a message board could make me angry. I have to use caps, and insults so maybe you can wrap your head around simple logic.

JLev24
Everyone is suspect, singling A-Rod out is unfair and if you think otherwise then that's a shame. Pujols and Ortiz, two guys who many feel have taken ped's, have come out in the past day and basically defended themselves... does that mean they didn't do anything? No. A-Rod tried that approach a few years ago for 60 Mins and it came back to haunt him.

Yanks#1fan
The why are you not bringing up the other 90% cause you've made a ****ing thread 8 times on Ortiz with the same ****ing article.

I brough up one player as an example.....that I suspected and now I have you trying to say it's not true....Your hate created an entire new topic.....

Towelie
02-18-2009, 01:41 PM
Careful, you might get banned for posting this as I have..........

now you can't even stop quoting it :laugh:

Buckwheat
02-18-2009, 01:41 PM
I brough up one player as an example.....that I suspected and now I have you trying to say it's not true....Your hate created an entire new topic.....

You brought up one player because he plays for the team you hate. You did it to bait.

Towelie
02-18-2009, 01:42 PM

What topic? You keep posting the same ********! :laugh: Ok, I'm done.

-Lavigne43-
02-18-2009, 01:42 PM
Closed. Pretty sad that this thread had to turn into a Yankees vs Red Sox steroids argument

swissle
02-18-2009, 02:15 PM
well he is clean

how do you know this? did you see his test results from previous years? oh you didn't? well how about his HR totals?

2000 - 1st full season in majors

00' - 10
01 - 18
02 - 20
03 - 31
04 - 41
05 - 47
06 - 54

then in 07 when Giambi got busted, he belted 35....hmmm, seems like he had some sort of power surge from 03-06...fact of the matter is all these guys are suspects. just because Big Papi is your mancrush that he's ****in innocent. He just said that all users who got CAUGHT should be suspended...he didn't get caught.

Also, whether or not he used Anabolic Steroids he most certainly used some sort of performance enhancer, no doubt about it.

Grenadine
02-18-2009, 03:39 PM
He broke out when he went to Boston......simple.......from 20 to 54....HUGE jump! Last year he was back to normal....23....LOL

26 years old - 20 home runs
27 - 31 home runs
28 - 41 home runs
29 - 47 home runs
30 - 54 home runs
31 - 35 home runs (4.257 home runs per game)
32 - 23 home runs (in 109 games) (4.739 home runs a game)

So where's that 20-54 home runs jump, and where's the fall off last year exactly?

Grenadine
02-18-2009, 03:46 PM
how do you know this? did you see his test results from previous years? oh you didn't? well how about his HR totals?

00' - 10
01 - 18
02 - 20
03 - 31
04 - 41
05 - 47
06 - 54

then in 07 when Giambi got busted, he belted 35....hmmm, seems like he had some sort of power surge from 03-06...fact of the matter is all these guys are suspects. just because Big Papi is your mancrush that he's ****in innocent. He just said that all users who got CAUGHT should be suspended...he didn't get caught.

Also, whether or not he used Anabolic Steroids he most certainly used some sort of performance enhancer, no doubt about it.

He turned 27 in 2003 and went to a much better hitting ballpark. He certainly could have used steroids but there isn't really anything all that strange about his home run totals once he came to the Red Sox. He hit 20 home runs in 125 games at age 26 before coming to the Red Sox. The guy had power.

Matt-the-great
02-18-2009, 03:57 PM
Closed. Pretty sad that this thread had to turn into a Yankees vs Red Sox steroids argument

what doesn't ?

CraigtheSoxFan
02-18-2009, 08:08 PM

00' - 10
01 - 18
02 - 20
03 - 31
04 - 41
05 - 47
06 - 54

wow what a weak cheap shot

CraigtheSoxFan
02-18-2009, 08:09 PM
He turned 27 in 2003 and went to a much better hitting ballpark. He certainly could have used steroids but there isn't really anything all that strange about his home run totals once he came to the Red Sox. He hit 20 home runs in 125 games at age 26 before coming to the Red Sox. The guy had power.
you are making my point:D