PDA

View Full Version : ARod trade offer

croce_99
02-16-2009, 05:54 PM
I'm in a keeper league (probably 5th year of doing it) and my team has been in the cellar forever. I finally have a bunch of young players so my team is starting to make some noise.

Someone offered this trade:

I would receive-
Alexei Ramírez(2b, ss, of)
Álex Rodríguez(3b)

I would give up-
Josh Hamilton(of)
Scott Kazmir (sp)

I personally believe offense is so much more important than pitchers. A pitcher makes 1 appearance a week while the offensive players obviously play everyday.
I have David Wright on my team already, but we have a "corner infield and utility" spot that I could put Arod.

Again, I'm not looking to win this year....just trying to slowly get better.
Good trade or bad trade?

Towelie
02-16-2009, 06:00 PM
without a doubt make this deal. Alexei has 3 positions alone to help you, and Arod can man 3B nicely.

croce_99
02-16-2009, 06:24 PM
Must have been too good to be true because he cancelled it 2 hours after making the offer :sigh:

Towelie
02-16-2009, 08:04 PM
Ya, he was getting taken to the bank on it. Hamilton is a good player but he's a OF his stats although nice can be "replaced" on the WW. Kazmir on the other hand I don't think he's that good at all. Pitching doesn't win you leagues anyways.

Chest Rockwell
02-16-2009, 08:32 PM
Wow, you should've accepted that the second you read it. To be fair, I would've been skeptical too, that's too good to be true.

northsider
02-16-2009, 11:48 PM
That sucks he must have been somewhat intoxicated then sobered up after a couple hours.

Knockturnal
02-17-2009, 12:43 AM
I would have accepted that trade in a heart beat.

croce_99
02-17-2009, 07:29 AM
I would have accepted that trade in a heart beat.

I received the email, checked stats and looked up injury reports, then came straight to PSD. Then I checked my email again and got the message saying the trade was cancelled. So I didn't really have much time to accept it. I wanted to make sure there wasn't a suspension/injury before clicking accept.

Your Name Here
02-17-2009, 07:57 AM
Ya, he was getting taken to the bank on it. Hamilton is a good player but he's a OF his stats although nice can be "replaced" on the WW. Kazmir on the other hand I don't think he's that good at all. Pitching doesn't win you leagues anyways.

That's not even remotely true.

Last year I had a rotation of Peavy/Zambrano/Lincecum/E.Santana, and with McClouth as by far my highest-scoring bat (next closest was DeRosa).

I was in a points league a few years ago that had a maximum IP for the season, with Wins and Saves being equal points. I kept 5 closers in my lineup at all times.

I've been in a points league where Assists counted the same as Singles. Got myself some DeRosa-type players that qualified in the OF but spent most of their time playing 2B/SS/3B. Didn't come close to the true offensive numbers of other team's OF's, but I was vastly outscoring them simply because my entire OF was putting up 3 to 6 Assists each a day in addition to their bats.

I took 1st place in all 3 of those examples. The first 2 were 14 team leagues, the last one was an 18 teamer.

Point being -- it all depends on the league settings. Points or roto, H2H or not. Blanket statements like "pitching doesn't win you leagues" are just completely false.

Towelie
02-17-2009, 11:46 AM
Ok, sorry when you're in a league that obviously favors pitching, then pitching can win you a league. But in regular fantasy league where most stats balance out then pitching doesn't win you leagues.

Also you're joining some really ****ed up leagues...

Your Name Here
02-17-2009, 05:04 PM
Ok, sorry when you're in a league that obviously favors pitching, then pitching can win you a league. But in regular fantasy league where most stats balance out then pitching doesn't win you leagues.

Also you're joining some really ****ed up leagues...

Still false. When the stats balance out, then pitching can win you a league just as easily as lumber can, because things are balanced.

I like some variety in my fantasy baseball. Playing the same tired ol 5x5 every year just gets boring. And pitching can win a 5x5 league too.