Kobe puts up 50/3/3 on a good night.

Lebron puts up 40/12/9 on a good night.

I'll take the latter.

madiaz3
02-16-2009, 02:03 PM

I'll take the latter.

Does it even matter if they both win and shoot ridiculous percentages?

HOZ THE KNICK
02-16-2009, 02:04 PM
Lebron is the face of the nba...plain and simple.

albertc86
02-16-2009, 02:05 PM

I'll take the latter.

The latter occurs because dude has the ball in his hands the whole game. The offense runs through LeBron.

albertc86
02-16-2009, 02:06 PM
Does it even matter if they both win and shoot ridiculous percentages?

LeBron shoots "ridiculous percentages"? Dude has no J and can't hit FT's. His percentage is high because he attacks the rim.

Lost Art
02-16-2009, 02:07 PM

I'll take the latter.

It's not all about stats.........and Kobe averages almost 6 boards and 5 assists per game. You need to look at a players impact on the game, not just blindly follow the box score. A players numbers largely depend on the system that he plays in and the amount of time that he has the ball in his hands. Use your two eyes and his success on the court to judge a player, that's the best way IMO.

Draco
02-16-2009, 02:12 PM
Mark Grey from Players voice thinks Kobe makes his teamates better and points to an example of getting the ball in Lamar's hands during the 4th quarter game against the Cav's. I remember seeing Kobe jack up several shots towards the end of their game against the Celts when Lamar or Pau should have received the ball more. And if I were to dig up the box score again, I'd probably find Kobe taking a boat load more shots then either of Pau or Lamar.

Ultimately this article is mostly a summary of games a lot of people here are already aware of. And in the end, I keep thinking.. why the hell should I care what conclusions Mark Grey comes to because of these recent games?

Kenny
02-16-2009, 02:15 PM
great all these opinions mean nothing, lets see what happends this year when it matters the most in the playoffs

RaysFan
02-16-2009, 02:22 PM
LeBron James is the best player in the NBA. I realized that after watching him trying to will his team, by himself, to a playoff series win over the Celtics. Kobe had much better talent and coaching around him but couldn't do as much.

LeBron can just do more with less. He has more of an overall impact on the game. Plus I think he is a MUCH better teammate. Kobe, to me, needs to have a great team around him to keep his spirits high. I don't view Kobe has a "follow me and I will take you there" leader.

madiaz3
02-16-2009, 02:29 PM
LeBron James is the best player in the NBA. I realized that after watching him trying to will his team, by himself, to a playoff series win over the Celtics. Kobe had much better talent and coaching around him but couldn't do as much.

LeBron can just do more with less. He has more of an overall impact on the game. Plus I think he is a MUCH better teammate. Kobe, to me, needs to have a great team around him to keep his spirits high. I don't view Kobe has a "follow me and I will take you there" leader.

Lakers might have been the better team but without a doubt the Cavs matched up much better with the Celtics than the Lakers. It's hard to believe that Lebron would have gotten to the playoffs in the West with starters that included Smush Walton and Kwame considering he got swept by the first Western Conference team he came in contact with during his playoff run.

IndyRealist
02-16-2009, 02:34 PM
Good article, and I'm not exactly a Kobe fan.

JayW_1023
02-16-2009, 02:37 PM

Urrrrgggggggghhhh. Here we go again. :violin:

skinsfan4life80
02-16-2009, 02:39 PM
before it was Kobe doesnt make people better..then when he makes people better its just that the team is better..come one now people be real. Steve Nash is great because he makes who better? he plays with Amare Joe johnson..shawn marrion and ton of talent and wins nothing...Kobe plays with walton and odom and makes them bettter..funny how z was an all star b4 lebron but never with him. Larry hughes was a 2 time all star before lebron..flat out stunk with lebron. O and he has done wonders for ben wallace too...and what wonders he did for damon jones and donyell marshall..and as far as talking about the writers views of course thats all they are ..thats all any article is it. If you want to you can ask the players , coach, and gm's more say kobe is better..the NBA is just trying to force James on us

nstachowski
02-16-2009, 02:45 PM
Their both phenomenal. I don't think you can fairly say that 1 is much better than the other.

Vidball
02-16-2009, 02:48 PM
USA Today asked nineteen NBA general managers who they thought was better -- Kobe Bryant or LeBron James?

Twelve of the GMs picked Bryant, while seven preferred James.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/2009-02-14-kobe-vs-lebron_N.htm

adrian28kobe24
02-16-2009, 02:50 PM

are you ****en serious right now lebron didnt single handedly take his team to the playoffs u idiot, his team had to play good to make it to the playoffs kobe is wayyyyyyy better and the only reason kobe "took" too many shots against the celtics is because his team was down and wasnt doing anything u must be ****** if you say that because you obviously did not watch the game. and when kobe and lebron squared off the first time this year lebrick james was 5 of 22 shooting kobe was 9 of 20 with a dislocated finger that happend during the game. and the second time they played lebrick james was 5 of 20 shooting while kobe was 9 of 22 and kobe made two bad *** fade aways twice when they played twice so u tell me who is the better player