PDA

View Full Version : Adam Morrison

BullsNumber1Fan
02-16-2009, 01:21 PM
Over the summer, people were talking about Tyrus Thomas and Andrea Bargnani being bust, but lately they have played really well and it looks like they are not going to be a bust.

Why do people not talk about Adam Morrison being a bust? They could of had BRANDON ROY instead of Adam Morrison!:speechless:

Afridi786
02-16-2009, 01:22 PM
Cuz of the stache.

DerekRE_3
02-16-2009, 01:24 PM
Over the summer, people were talking about Tyrus Thomas and Andrea Bargnani being bust, but lately they have played really well and it looks like they are not going to be a bust.

Why do people not talk about Adam Morrison being a bust? They could of had BRANDON ROY instead of Adam Morrison!:speechless:

Oh trust me...I've said it. Many...many times. Adam Morrison is one of the worst draft choices in NBA history.

kb24ap28
02-16-2009, 01:24 PM
what do you mean? people do call him a bust. i think the real question is why do they call him a bust because he really isnt. the guy played one full year then had a major knee injury. i dont think u can call someone a bust after just one year. so i think the real question is why do people call him a bust? darko - bust, kwame - bust, they've been around. but after 1 year calling someone a bust? i think thats a little ridiculous

Ragun
02-16-2009, 01:25 PM
he sucks. i knew he wont make an impact before the draft. no athleticism...cant even make a jumpshot.

DerekRE_3
02-16-2009, 01:26 PM
what do you mean people do call him a bust. i think the real question is why do they call him a bust because he really isnt. the guy played one full year then had a major knee injury. i dont think u can call someone a bust after just one year. so i think the real question is why do people call him a bust?

Because he's supposed to be a "lights out" Larry Bird type shooter but he shoots 36% from the field and 34% from the 3 point line. He is a complete liability on defense, the best you can hope for with Morrison guarding a guy is that he fouls him, and hopefully, the guy doesn't get an and-1. Oh and then there's the whole thing about Raymond Felton, our 6'1 point guard, being a way better rebounder than the 6'8 Adam Morrison.

JayW_1023
02-16-2009, 01:28 PM
I think he still has upside...he'll prolly never be a great defender, but he can still score that ball. With the Lakers he has a chance to start over and find his niche.

His rookie season was inconsistent, and last year he was out, so I think it's still too early to call him a bust.

BullsNumber1Fan
02-16-2009, 01:55 PM
If it is too early to call him a bust, then why were people calling Tyrus and Bargnani busts BEFORE this season even started. Now they are playing great lately and nobody even thinks of them being a bust anymore.

Lost Art
02-16-2009, 02:08 PM
He'll be a 15 mpg player on the Lakers. I don't think he'll ever be a big part of the team considering the guys he'll be playing behind, but he might be a nice spark of the bench. Playing with Kobe, Gasol, and Bynum he'll surely get a whole lot of open shots.

albertc86
02-16-2009, 02:11 PM
Morrison was a prolific scorer in college; you don't forget how to shoot or score the basketball. Don't write him off just yet.

BALLER71
02-16-2009, 02:33 PM
Morrison was a prolific scorer in college; you don't forget how to shoot or score the basketball. Don't write him off just yet.

:nod:
All these people who said that they knew he wasn't going to be a good player are liars. I think Jordan made the right choice but he just didn't pan out. He was amazing in college because he could hurt you in so many ways.

Wilson
02-16-2009, 02:37 PM
Cuz of the stache.

Take it from someone with a beard, facial hair does have an unusual ability to keep you out of trouble. It also has the ability to get you into more trouble, depending on the situation. But there's no in between.

Because he's supposed to be a "lights out" Larry Bird type shooter but he shoots 36% from the field and 34% from the 3 point line. He is a complete liability on defense, the best you can hope for with Morrison guarding a guy is that he fouls him, and hopefully, the guy doesn't get an and-1. Oh and then there's the whole thing about Raymond Felton, our 6'1 point guard, being a way better rebounder than the 6'8 Adam Morrison.

These were all things I was saying about Vlad before the trade. Hopefully the move re-juvenates Adam like it did for Vlad...:pray:

He'll be a 15 mpg player on the Lakers. I don't think he'll ever be a big part of the team considering the guys he'll be playing behind, but he might be a nice spark of the bench. Playing with Kobe, Gasol, and Bynum he'll surely get a whole lot of open shots.

I think that if he can get his shot to fall, and play competently on defense, he's actually the best fit starting at SF for us. Ariza would still be a much better player (in my opinion), but Morrison would have the shooting ability we want there.

op12
02-16-2009, 02:44 PM
he was the #2 scorer in his rookie class. he did not play at all last year. larry brown has never played young guys except augustine. i think morrison will eventually become a solid player in la.

JayW_1023
02-16-2009, 02:45 PM
Adam is more dynamic offensively than Vlad, who is strictly a stationary shooter. Ammo can put the ball on the floor and create his own shot.

He just needs an opportunity, he was in Browns doghouse before this season even started. He needs a fair shot to show what he can do when actually given consistent PT.

JJ81
02-16-2009, 02:51 PM
Loads of people call him a bust.

Those who don't probably blame his injury that kept him out for the 2nd season.

Vidball
02-16-2009, 02:53 PM
Adam is more dynamic offensively than Vlad, who is strictly a stationary shooter. Ammo can put the ball on the floor and create his own shot.

He just needs an opportunity, he was in Browns doghouse before this season even started. He needs a fair shot to show what he can do when actually given consistent PT.

I don't think he'll ever get consistent PT on the Lakers. He would need to learn the triangle and work his way in front of Ariza or Walton in the rotation--I don't think that'll happen. The move was just a salary dump by the Lakers that saved them about $15M (including luxury tax) over the next couple seasons and got them a trade exception. I don't think Dirty Sanchez fits into the plans. He would have to play pretty well to crack the rotation.

Fear_GAS_OLDier
02-16-2009, 02:57 PM
mainly bargnani is called a bust becuz he was drafted #1 overall

DerekRE_3
Take it from someone with a beard, facial hair does have an unusual ability to keep you out of trouble. It also has the ability to get you into more trouble, depending on the situation. But there's no in between.

These were all things I was saying about Vlad before the trade. Hopefully the move re-juvenates Adam like it did for Vlad...:pray:

I think that if he can get his shot to fall, and play competently on defense, he's actually the best fit starting at SF for us. Ariza would still be a much better player (in my opinion), but Morrison would have the shooting ability we want there.

The difference is Vlad actually shot a good percentage from 3 before the trade (44%).

Fear_GAS_OLDier
if he was drafted any other place prob wouldnt have been labeled a giant bust

S.J.Basketball
02-16-2009, 03:09 PM
LoL Morrison sucks. Like the people who have said before me. He's SUPPOSED to be a SHOOTER, but he SUCKS at SHOOTING! Well...there goes his game!

I have no hope for him and if he plays alright then that's a bonus. I see no need for him on the Lakers at this point in the season or at all. When his contract expires I don't see him remaining a Laker.

blackjack_119
02-16-2009, 03:09 PM

First... he never knew how to shoot. He was a slasher in college who had a terrible 3P% from the college arc his freshman and sophomore year and mediocre numbers his junior year. His gaudy scoring numbers came from him slashing to the hoop.

Second... his slashing ability was extremely overrated. There are zero defenders in the all powerful West Coast Conference. He had mediocre handles which allowed him to create for himself in a mediocre conference.

Third... The reason he was drafted so high... he got hot. The only thing close to legitimate about Adam Morrison was that he had a very nice tournament his junior year which made scouts think that he might have been able to put up those numbers against teams that are better than Idaho and Pepperdine. They were wrong.

The truth is, Adam Morrison never could shoot and he still can't. In college he could create for himself against terrible competition in the WCC. That hasn't translated to the Pros because his handles never were good enough to create against good competition. He lacks the size to create separation in the NBA without good handles which is the reason he has struggled so much.

Add in the fact that he plays no defense and makes terrible decisions with the ball and you have yourself one bust.

There is a big difference between Bargnani and Thomas being busts and Morrison. Bargnani and Thomas were drafted strictly for their potential. Their first two years, they didn't show any which is why people wrote them off. Morrison was supposed to be ready to contribute right off the bat and he has shown less than either of the other two.

DerekRE_3
02-16-2009, 03:12 PM
When you lose your starting job to a D-Leaguer (lost starting job to Matt Carroll) and you are a top 3 pick, you might not be very good. When you lose playing time to another D-Leaguer (Cartier Martin), then it's confirmed that you aren't very good.

YankeeFan89
02-16-2009, 03:30 PM
When you lose your starting job to a D-Leaguer (lost starting job to Matt Carroll) and you are a top 3 pick, you might not be very good. When you lose playing time to another D-Leaguer (Cartier Martin), then it's confirmed that you aren't very good.

true

magichatnumber9
02-16-2009, 03:31 PM
Michael Jordan is the worst evaluator of talent in the league.

lakers4sho
02-16-2009, 03:41 PM
This might be a little off topic but I think Stephen Curry will be Adam Morrison v2 without the height.

THE_FLASH_21
02-16-2009, 03:56 PM
I'm a Zaga's fan.. I follwed them really good. In no way shape or form did Jordan make the wrong choice. Who the hell knew BRoy was going to be as special as he is. Morrison was killing in college. He would dominate games when he would have good defenders on him. over 30 points per game is not something u think about... Don't blame MJ.

Morrison will get it together. With the Lakers nope... They have many players ahead of him. Morrison is going to find a home. When he does he's gonna light it up. He can shoot, dribble and pass pretty good. His "D" needs alot of work, But IMO he'll be a 15/5/5
guy.... Just needs to stay healthy and play minutes..

DerekRE_3
02-16-2009, 04:06 PM
This might be a little off topic but I think Stephen Curry will be Adam Morrison v2 without the height.

AKA Quincy Douby. Douby lit it up at a mid major school in college just like Curry is now.

JakeDelbreezy
02-16-2009, 04:12 PM
I'm a Zaga's fan.. I follwed them really good. In no way shape or form did Jordan make the wrong choice. Who the hell knew BRoy was going to be as special as he is. Morrison was killing in college. He would dominate games when he would have good defenders on him. over 30 points per game is not something u think about... Don't blame MJ.

As a Bobcats fan I completely blame MJ. A ton of media has been given to this topic here in the Carolinas and pretty much everyone else in the front office wanted either Rudy Gay or Brandon Roy....so I completely blame MJ. I know AMMO would have probably just gone to the next team, but still, it is what it is.

Lakers09
02-16-2009, 04:19 PM
give the Lakers a chance to make him great before you call him a bust...he hasnt even had a real season yet. Rookie year doesnt matter...look at Kobe!

DerekRE_3
02-16-2009, 04:21 PM
give the Lakers a chance to make him great before you call him a bust...he hasnt even had a real season yet. Rookie year doesnt matter...look at Kobe!

Kobe came into the league as an 18 year old, Morrison played 3 years of college ball. And as far as the Lakers making him great goes...he's barely going to see the floor.

SeoulBeatz
02-16-2009, 04:37 PM
no one mentions morrison because its so blatantly obvious that it's not even worth saying.

the dude was a bust as soon as he got drafted.

he was a typical college scorer, but too slow and uncoordinated to make it in the league.

I called it with J.J too, you can just tell with some people.

whoa, hold on sec... latest prediction from seoulbeatz

Tyler Hansborough will be a BUST

Jacob K.
02-16-2009, 04:44 PM

Morrison will get it together. With the Lakers nope... They have many players ahead of him. Morrison is going to find a home. When he does he's gonna light it up. He can shoot, dribble and pass pretty good. His "D" needs alot of work, But IMO he'll be a 15/5/5
guy.... Just needs to stay healthy and play minutes..

im looking for more then that out of a #3 pick

29$JerZ
02-16-2009, 04:47 PM
Had a lot of hope for Adam when he was drafted.

As of now Matt Carroll > Adam and that's sad :pity:

DerekRE_3
02-16-2009, 09:17 PM
Had a lot of hope for Adam when he was drafted.

As of now Matt Carroll > Adam and that's sad :pity:

Cartier Martin > Adam Morrison.

lakers4sho
02-16-2009, 09:41 PM
whoa, hold on sec... latest prediction from seoulbeatz

Tyler Hansborough will be a BUST

Scouts have predicted that already :nod:

homestarunner93
02-16-2009, 10:19 PM
Lakers fans, quit calling him a good player. I've seen him play enough to know he's not a good player. He's not explosive, he's not a scorer, he's horrible. You can say he was in Brown's doghouse or whatever, but the reality is, he was given the chance to start several times this year when Gerald was out. He NEVER did ANYTHING. Like Derek said, Felton is a better rebounder. If you think you got a gem, you didn't. Morrison will be an end of the bench, bench warmer player for the duration of his career.

BenWin
02-16-2009, 10:21 PM
i guess its hard to call him a bust just yet. i mean. morrison is the type of guy that needs a system which i think will better serve his game in LA rather than Charlotte. But yeah. MJ is my favorite athlete of all time, but as a FO exec he definitely dropped the ball once again...

ramansingh3
02-17-2009, 12:50 AM
He is a bust, but in all honesty I thought he would of been a pure scorer due to his success in college.

LA_Raiders
02-17-2009, 01:02 AM
The Stash is a Bust in WIP....

THE_FLASH_21
02-17-2009, 02:59 PM
As a Bobcats fan I completely blame MJ. A ton of media has been given to this topic here in the Carolinas and pretty much everyone else in the front office wanted either Rudy Gay or Brandon Roy....so I completely blame MJ. I know AMMO would have probably just gone to the next team, but still, it is what it is.

But how do u debate someone who was averaging 30 plus in college??

what54!?
02-17-2009, 03:05 PM
He's gonna be riding that laker bench.

dre1990
02-17-2009, 03:08 PM
they could've had Daniel Gibson or Paul Millsap

DerekRE_3
02-17-2009, 03:09 PM
they could've had Daniel Gibson or Paul Millsap

Or...Brandon Roy.

JakeDelbreezy
02-17-2009, 03:25 PM
But how do u debate someone who was averaging 30 plus in college??

The college game is littered with guys who put up big numbers..

Keydren Clark 26.3 PPG (2005-2006) he was also the nations leading scorer in 2003-2004 and 2004-2005, never even made it to the NBA.

Gary Neal 26.1 PPG (2005-2006)

Tyler Coppenrath 24.7 PPG (2003-2004)

Troy Bell 25.4 PPG

And then there is a guy like Kevin Martin who averaged 24.9 PPG (2nd leading scorer in the country 2003-2004) but he wasn't drafted until 26th overall and he's one of the best scorers in the NBA now...

Being a big time scorer in the College ranks doesn't always mean much..

chicagowhitesox
02-17-2009, 04:15 PM
yeah i kind of agree with you. for how great he was supposed to be, he doesn't get nearly as much beef as some other guys.

DerekRE_3
02-17-2009, 04:19 PM
yeah i kind of agree with you. for how great he was supposed to be, he doesn't get nearly as much beef as some other guys.

That's because he was on the Bobcats and nobody pays attention to them. Even their busts can fly under the radar. Notice how nobody mentions how big of a bust Sean May is.

The Bobcats have drafted some good players though...
Emeka Okafor
Raymond Felton
Gerald Wallace (expansion draft)
Jard Dudley
DJ Augustine

They just missed on Sean May and Adam Morrison.

dre1990
02-18-2009, 02:20 AM
Or...Brandon Roy.

I wa tryin to say that they couldve gottin to 2nd rounders that are 100000000x better than the stash

DerekRE_3
02-18-2009, 02:48 AM
I wa tryin to say that they couldve gottin to 2nd rounders that are 100000000x better than the stash

Yeah good point.