PDA

View Full Version : Thunder like Tyson Chandler?

phlp_bj
02-16-2009, 11:04 AM
Our freshest non-Amare scenario: Sources say Oklahoma City is going after New Orleans center Tyson Chandler, with the Hornets known to be seriously interested in slicing payroll and with the Thunder capable of offering the Hornets two replacement big men with expiring contracts (Joe Smith and Chris Wilcox) as well as one of its five first-round picks in the next two drafts.

You'd like to think that the Hornets would first try to get through this season, see how far they go in the postseason and then shop Chandler closer to the draft if moving him remains their best money-saving option, since trading its interior defensive anchor -- in spite of Chandler's struggles this season -- would force us to reevaluate New Orleans' status as a contender. Yet it remains to be seen if the Hornets can pass up such a payroll-friendly proposal. Word is he remains very much available if the right deal presents itself.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?columnist=stein_marc&page=TradeTalk-090216

Rockets Fanatic
02-16-2009, 01:31 PM
Idk about this. They would have a sick lineup if they did this and drafted Blake Griffin.

PG-Westbrook
SG-Green
SF-Durant
PF-Griffin
C-Chandler

albertc86
02-16-2009, 01:33 PM
Not happening. He has too much chemistry with Paul. The Hornets should add another solid player.

Rockets Fanatic
02-16-2009, 01:38 PM
Not happening. He has too much chemistry with Paul. The Hornets should need to add another solid player.

I could see this happening. The Hornets have been somewhat of unbderacheivers this year and Chandler hasnt been as efficient as usual. Plus he has got a big contract and I know they dont like that that much. Plus the Hornets have awful Frontcourt Depth and this trade would help them with that. OKC does this because they need a Center if the get Griffin and what r they going to do with those expirings. No one wants to go to OKC as a FA

Wade_County
02-16-2009, 01:38 PM
The Hornets should need to add another solid player.

i agree with this if the hornets could add a allstar type SG i think they would be a huge factor in the west, in the playoffs.

PG: CP3
SG: ????
SF: Peja
PF: West
C: Clandler

albertc86
02-16-2009, 01:40 PM
I could see this happening. The Hornets have been somewhat of unbderacheivers this year and Chandler hasnt been as efficient as usual. Plus he has got a big contract and I know they dont like that that much. Plus the Hornets have awful Frontcourt Depth and this trade would help them with that. OKC does this because they need a Center if the get Griffin and what r they going to do with those expirings. No one wants to go to OKC as a FA

There's that argument, but Chandler is a big reason why they did so well last year. Paul needs a big man who can do the things that Chandler can do. Howard and Bynum are the only two other big man who can throw it down from lobs like that.

Rockets Fanatic
02-16-2009, 01:42 PM
There's that argument, but Chandler is a big reason why they did so well last year. Paul needs a big man who can do the things that Chandler can do. Howard and Bynum are the only two other big man who can throw it down from lobs like that.

I agree with you that this would hurt the hornets a tad bit on the floor but financially this really helps the Hornets

Rockets Fanatic
02-16-2009, 03:04 PM
I think this trade could actually happen

SIXERBUNNY01
02-16-2009, 03:10 PM
No he's coming to philly because we can make a better offer

nstachowski
02-16-2009, 03:20 PM
I think this trade could actually happen

Yea, i think that theyll trade for him too

YankeeFan89
02-16-2009, 03:26 PM
i agree with this if the hornets could add a allstar type sg i think they would be a huge factor in the west, in the playoffs.

Pg: Cp3
sg: ????
Sf: Peja
pf: West
c: Clandler

vc

Nirvanaskurdt
02-16-2009, 03:42 PM
vc

vince carter? might be a good idea but i think the hornets should do a artest for peja trade if anything...:D

thedfactor
02-16-2009, 03:46 PM
Not happening. He has too much chemistry with Paul. The Hornets should add another solid player.
Just sounds more like you don't want it to happen. It certainly can happen. It's not a matter of chemistry or this trade wouldn't even be brought up. New Orleans is in need of clearing salary. Adding another all-star SG or solid player would most likely not solve their financial issues.

GSW fan
02-16-2009, 04:09 PM
i agree with this if the hornets could add a allstar type SG i think they would be a huge factor in the west, in the playoffs.

PG: CP3
SG: ????
SF: Peja
PF: West
C: Clandler

Salmons

Rockets Fanatic
02-16-2009, 04:24 PM
vince carter? might be a good idea but i think the hornets should do a artest for peja trade if anything...:D

How stupid do u think Houston is???

KB24PG16
02-16-2009, 04:25 PM
they have 5 first round picks in two years :speechless:

Flash812
02-16-2009, 04:59 PM
If the Hornets do this then they are waving the white flag. I think there is more interest in OKC wanting chandler than N.O. really wanting to get rid of him in any way. The hornets don't talk about trades when they are involved in them the only time details are given is by the oppisite team.

Baller1
02-16-2009, 11:42 PM
If OKC can pull this off without giving up any starters and keeping its top 5 pick, it would be a steal, and a HUGE boost.