PDA

View Full Version : Expectations and Predictions for the 2nd Half

_Sn1P3r_
02-16-2009, 02:39 AM
Let's hear it guys, what are your expectations and predictions for the second half of the season as the Raptors try to nab a playoff spot.

ink
02-16-2009, 02:47 AM
I'd like to see a single game with Marion first, but I have a feeling he'll do OK. If they don't meet the 19-11 mark predicted last week, they'll be close. Anyone got a schedule?

Diego_Le
02-16-2009, 03:22 AM
February
@ Memphis; L
@ Minnesota; W
vs. SAS; W
vs. Cleveland
@ NY
vs. NY
vs. Minnesota
@ Phoenix

March
@ Dallas
@ Houston
vs. Miami
vs. Utah
@ Philly
vs. Detroit
vs. Indy
@ Charlotte
vs. Charlotte
vs. Clippers
vs. Milwaukee
vs. OKC
vs. Chicago

April
@ Orlando
@ NY
vs. NY
vs. ATL
@ Indy
vs. Washington
vs. Philly
@ Washington
@ Chicago

we already got 2 wins so and 1 loss so now we need to go 17-10

Honest Truth
02-16-2009, 03:43 AM
I can see 17-10 as a realistic finish if all goes well. I think Marion can gel quickly and if I am right, the Raps can beat most of the sub .500 teams and steal one or two from the others.

HoopsMachine
02-16-2009, 03:43 AM
In regards to wins and losses, I can't really make a prediction on that, but 19-11 is the team's goal so that's what it should to be.

With Marion I expect him to put up better numbers than what he's posted in Miami IF we can successfully transition into a running team. I have my doubts on this since Jose, who already isn't an uptempo PG by nature, is still recovering from his Hamstring injury.

coolmo
02-16-2009, 03:59 AM
wasnt' shawn marion injured?
i thought that was his status before all star weekend.

HoopsDrive
02-16-2009, 04:24 AM
I still won't change my prediction even with the Marion trade going through.

34-37 wins and barring the other teams ahead of us playing even poorer than us, out of the playoffs at 12th or 13th place. Top 10 draft pick and a more potent Raptors team for next season with the addition of 1 or 2 key role players added to the core of Bosh and Calderon.

Hopefully.

carlo4444
02-16-2009, 07:12 AM
yeah dont think high we might get dissapointed again

blujaysrock
02-16-2009, 08:50 AM
I still won't change my prediction even with the Marion trade going through.

34-37 wins and barring the other teams ahead of us playing even poorer than us, out of the playoffs at 12th or 13th place. Top 10 draft pick and a more potent Raptors team for next season with the addition of 1 or 2 key role players added to the core of Bosh and Calderon.

Hopefully.

I like that, but I would like to make the playoffs this season

td0tsfinest
02-16-2009, 12:20 PM
I like that, but I would like to make the playoffs this season

I really hope they do make the playoffs. If they don't than the last two years were for nothing. I don't really care about draft picks especially since this year is so weak. We fight for the playoffs and pull off a "G-State Warriors"

canzano55
02-16-2009, 01:06 PM
Well we have the worst perimeter defending in the entire league so if Marion can somehow improve that in the slightest degree then we have a chance.

Joe needs to be consistently influential off the bench, Kapono has to have more plays drawn for him, Jose must maintain that shooting percentage better (injured or not) and Bargs and Bosh need to finish strong.

On top of that if Marion does the simple things that are symmetrical with the teams handicaps then it'll make a big a big difference.

dtmagnet
02-16-2009, 01:20 PM
I do believe we have the potential to make the playoffs but something tells me it won't happen, I really hope I'm proven wrong though because if we do make it we will be coming in as a hot team and have a bigger chance of an upset than if we had limped in from a position of advantage. Hoping we miss the playoffs in order to get a high pick is the wrong attitude in my opinion, you need a desire to win every game in order to build confidence in the players that this is a good team to play on. Look CB4 isn't expecting us to win the championship before 2010 in order to stay here, but if we are winning games and making the playoffs every year he would have no reason to leave.

DaoudS
02-16-2009, 02:00 PM
**** that. I am going to make a prediction right now for the ages. IF the Raptors manage to squeak into the playoffs - They WILL shock the world.

clutchski
02-16-2009, 02:18 PM
**** that. I am going to make a prediction right now for the ages. IF the Raptors manage to squeak into the playoffs - They WILL shock the world.

bit like Atlanta last year..they did shock the world but still lost to beantown in 7

a_sutcliffe
02-16-2009, 02:19 PM
Hollinger gave us a 11.4% chance of making the playoffs, with 34 wins. I think that's about right.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/playoffodds

HoopsDrive
02-16-2009, 02:33 PM
Check this out, from an article on NBA.com by Art Garcia:

Outside of Washington, the entire conference is in the playoff race. For those on the fence, the lottery is probably a better option.

Hmm.

Hollinger gave us a 11.4% chance of making the playoffs, with 34 wins. I think that's about right.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/playoffodds

Agreed.

More shats!
02-16-2009, 02:58 PM
I like to see how Marion fits first but i relly think we will have a great second half but will have to see if that great second half will be good enough.I like to see the remaining games for the rest of the teams that are in front of us also.But i relly like our chances.

bartron_44
02-16-2009, 04:45 PM
I hope we try to work Roko and Jawai into the rotation. I wanna see what those 2 can do before the offseason to see what we have there. Personally I would start the best defensive team we can:

Parker,Graham,Marion,Bosh,Barg's

I don't think we have to worry about them scoring, as they are all capable of putting up 20 points on any given night.

Bench:

Calderon,Ukic,Kapono,Hump,Jawai,Voskuhl,Banks

Calderon doesn't have to gaurd the starting PG's much, he can rest up his sore hammy, and make our second unit productive offensively. I think between Calderon, Ukic and Kapono they will be able to put up a few points, and Jawai and Voskuhl are there to rebound and foul etc...

LanceUpperCut
02-16-2009, 04:55 PM
wasnt' shawn marion injured?
i thought that was his status before all star weekend.

He played wed. or thursday for the Heat, even had the game winning dunk.

jerz89
02-16-2009, 05:22 PM
we're going to go 20-7 to end the season lol

Dino-Sty.
02-16-2009, 07:10 PM
Hmm, we wont really know until we see Marion play, but I have a feeling we are going to go 19-8 or 20-7 down this final stretch. I really wanna play the Celtics in round one, I think we could give them trouble.

The Claw
02-16-2009, 11:56 PM
It will be a steep climb up ...

GO RAPS !!!

:clap::clap::clap:

ChongInc.
02-17-2009, 01:26 AM
I really hope they do make the playoffs. If they don't than the last two years were for nothing. I don't really care about draft picks especially since this year is so weak. We fight for the playoffs and pull off a "G-State Warriors"

i think thats an accurate prediction... theyll pull a maple leafs move, play themselves barely out of the playoffs and a top 10 pick. hate to say it but i just kind of feel it coming.
high hopes for next year though. hopefully they can play to there potential the entire year next year.

ChongInc.
02-17-2009, 01:30 AM
I hope we try to work Roko and Jawai into the rotation. I wanna see what those 2 can do before the offseason to see what we have there. Personally I would start the best defensive team we can:

Parker,Graham,Marion,Bosh,Barg's

I don't think we have to worry about them scoring, as they are all capable of putting up 20 points on any given night.

Bench:

Calderon,Ukic,Kapono,Hump,Jawai,Voskuhl,Banks

Calderon doesn't have to gaurd the starting PG's much, he can rest up his sore hammy, and make our second unit productive offensively. I think between Calderon, Ukic and Kapono they will be able to put up a few points, and Jawai and Voskuhl are there to rebound and foul etc...

Calderon not a starter?:confused:

DinasourNoah
02-17-2009, 12:44 PM
This is the best Raptors Team of all time I feel Colangelo was saying. This is a play off calibre team, and everyone except me on this blog things Colangelo is a GENIUS. So I guess I can only go with the flow...Raptors do not lose a single game in the 2nd half and go all the way! Marion was the missing piece of the puzzle, Colangelo wins a 2nd award for his brilliant management, and Miami looks ridiculous giving the Matrix away for nothing! Triano coach of the year hands down. Bosh playoff MVP> Here we go Raptors! :D

ink
02-17-2009, 12:51 PM
^ Or some of us are just saying "give it a chance to work" if it can.

ramz.n
02-17-2009, 12:55 PM
Calderon not a starter?:confused:

he probably meant dont rush him back..slowly bring him back by giving him limited minutes off the bench and when hes fully healthy put him in the starting lineup.

ChongInc.
02-17-2009, 07:36 PM
he probably meant dont rush him back..slowly bring him back by giving him limited minutes off the bench and when hes fully healthy put him in the starting lineup.

i think that would be a poor idea. you can still limit his minutes as a starter, much like they have already been doing.

raptor fan
02-17-2009, 08:08 PM
i think the raps will struggle in remaining games. its going to take time for marion to get accustomed to a new team. i can see them going 10-17 in the remaining games.

koreancabbage
02-17-2009, 08:11 PM
this is probably one of the best assembled Raptors team in a while. even all time. on paper.

i'm just hoping they gel and beat Lebron's Cavs on tuesday.!! =)

rapswin98
02-17-2009, 08:11 PM
as a raptor fan i hope they make the playoffs, but the reality is that they wont

raptors_fanatic
02-17-2009, 08:21 PM

pfft yeah right we do that to the celtics or cavs...