PDA

View Full Version : If we stay at 3 we have to take Curry

theboweshow
02-16-2009, 01:42 AM
we need a better defense. curry is a terrell suggs in the making. suggs came out of arizona st.-that wasnt a big school at all back then, he was a future star with mass talent who put the defense on his back. sound familiar? curry with wake forest- the guy can hit, and hes good in pass coverage, weve lacked speed on our defense we can use a guy who can pick one and take it 90 yards for 6. curry will immediately make our defense better. right now, i think hes our best bet at the 3 spot pre-combine, but the combine starts thursday. the chiefs are gonna keep a close eye him throughout it because if he is the real deal and has a solid combine, there will be a good chance we draft him.

KC22
02-16-2009, 11:03 AM
If the Chiefs spend the #3 pick in the NFL draft on a Wake Forest outside LB...
I will have seen a whole new level of ignorance I never thought possible.

Thearchitect33
02-17-2009, 04:54 AM
I disagree 22. The guy is a better bet in the draft at the number 3 spot than any of the QB's available. I have actually heard at least one so called draft expert say that. The bottom line is that Thigpen wasn't the starting QB at the beginning of the season, he was the third string QB who ended up starting because our line allowed the first two guys to get injured. The change in offensive scheme was not because of him entirely but also because the line couldn't block well enough in a traditional offense to let the QB breathe. So, our only options for QB at three are Sanchez, who only started one year with the most talented team in the country and couldn't get them to a national championship or Stafford who struggled behind a weak line at Georgia. We have a weak line, and most draft guys thought Sanchez should go back to school for a year, so Curry seems like the best bet. Thigpen deserves at least a shot, and our defense is in much more need of help than our offense at this point. Haley's high scoring offense will likely be much more like the spread attack that Thigpen ran well than Herm's smash mouth running offense, so that only strengthens the plan of keeping Thigpen unless we can sign a big name free agent QB or draft a surefire franchise guy, neither of which are available. Draft Curry at 3 or trade down, it's the only way to go unless you can suggest a better fit at 3 that isn't a QB.

GameTimeChief
02-17-2009, 04:06 PM
If the Chiefs spend the #3 pick in the NFL draft on a Wake Forest outside LB...
I will have seen a whole new level of ignorance I never thought possible.

What would be your pick?

KC22
02-17-2009, 08:13 PM
The last time a LB was taken in the top 3 was Lavar Arrington in 2000. And thats because Snyder is an idiot. Im sure Curry is a great player, but LB just shouldnt go that high. Derrick Johnson was a hell of a linebacker at Texas. Quick, ball hawking, tenacious, but that doesnt always translate to being a player that turns an NFL defense around.

It would be hard for me to pass up on the best offensive tackle available. Thats usually a safe bet. And it would also be difficult to leave Crabtree hanging.

I know the D needs a huge make over, but I would rather spend that cap money theyve been saving on a player like Suggs then I would on someone who is an unproven standout at WF. Thats a huge contract at #3.

fightwookies
02-18-2009, 02:23 PM
arrington was a special player before he was slowed by injuries. ask the raiders how safe a pick robert gallery was. has trazelle jenkins taught you nothing? busts are possible at any position.

theboweshow
02-18-2009, 03:38 PM
arrington was a special player before he was slowed by injuries. ask the raiders how safe a pick robert gallery was. has trazelle jenkins taught you nothing? busts are possible at any position.

as soon as i read him sayin tackles are a safe pick, before even reading your post, robert gallery shot into my mind. but were moving to a 3-4 defense. we need linebackers that can pass rush, basically like lamarr woodley and james harrison, they flourished in pitts 3-4. we need guys like that. since we are defintely going to be changing, i cant see them not drafting curry at 3 and if we dont draft curry then we better make one hell of an attempt to sign some guys in free agency, mainly julius peppers, he can be huge in a 3-4. if we get crennel to help out with our defense, him pengergast and gibbs should all do a good job.

jterry
02-20-2009, 12:03 AM
I just really hope we can trade down

Frnchize
02-21-2009, 06:54 AM
When New England broke through and won it's first Super Bowl it was on the backs of their shrewd free agent pickups. The had gone out in the offseason and signed Mike Vrabel, Roman Phifer, and Bryan Cox to play alongside Teddy Bruschi and suddenly the New England defense had some quality linebackers who were on the downside of their careers but brought sure tackling and a toughness to their D.

The defense currently constructed in Kansas City was among the youngest in the league. I don't know if investing in another young player is the right move. If this team moves to the 3-4 or even if this team stays at the 4-3, they need more veterans on that side of the ball. If the team cuts Donnie Edwards as expected, name the Defensive Captain.

I can easily see this team spending their pick on either a stud left tackle (which would move Albert into Will Shields's old position at RG where he can dominate for the next decade) or I can see the team drafting Crabtree to complete Haley's vision of the Arizona offense where Crabtree plays the role of Fitzgerald to Bowe's rendition of Boldin. Heck, Warner lined up in the shotgun ALOT in that offense which plays into the strength of Thigpen which is why I think they would pass on a QB.

I think this team will spend it's FA dollars on defense and draft for offense.

jterry
02-21-2009, 05:23 PM
Today changed my mind, I either think we should trade down or take Eugene Monroe

bigvdebo86
02-22-2009, 05:27 AM
nooooooooooo we need to get andre smith

jterry
02-22-2009, 03:28 PM
I hope thats a joke.

plpfctn
02-22-2009, 06:43 PM
nfl network's mike mayock has aaron curry as the NUMBER OVERALL player on his draft board. i think that says a lot. last year he said brandon albert would be a stud and he was right.

ldslngr10x
02-22-2009, 07:51 PM
Best available player....

theboweshow
02-23-2009, 12:25 AM
nfl network's mike mayock has aaron curry as the NUMBER OVERALL player on his draft board. i think that says a lot. last year he said brandon albert would be a stud and he was right.

the fact mayock has curry first overall isnt going to change scott pioli's mind on who were taking. curry is our best pick at 3 no doubt about it. after that is eugene and jason smith. one of these guys is going to be taken by the time our pick is up-but free agency will be key to who we draft but still, curry monroe and smith are all good picks for #3 overall.