PDA

View Full Version : Amar'e Happy To Play For CHI, MIA, Or CLE

Faneik
02-15-2009, 01:27 PM
Source: Boston Herald

"I think something might happen,” Amare said, sounding like he was truly looking forward to the possibility. “There’s been a lot of rumors about Chicago, Cleveland and Miami. Any place I go to, I’ll be able to help."

Full Article (http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/other_nba/view/2009_02_15_Amare_Stoudemire_rumored_to_be_on_his_w ay_elsewhere:_This_Sun_may_set/)

_Supreme_
02-15-2009, 01:35 PM
Riley said he doesn't want to involve Beasley in such a trade, so I don't know if miami is still involved in the talks.

Any package not involving Wade/Beasley/Chalmers/JO/(Cook) would be sick, but unlikely.

Draco
02-15-2009, 01:39 PM
It's not necessarily that Riley doesn't want to trade Beasley.. there were also rumors that the Suns are more interested in Tyrus Thomas.

NYKnickFanatic
02-15-2009, 01:39 PM
Where does it say he will be happy to play for them?

"Any place I go to, I’ll be able to help."

I just want to know where it says he will be HAPPY to play for them.

Since that is the title of your thread. :)

Faneik
02-15-2009, 01:53 PM

You're right, Amare never said he'd be happy.

My mistake was that I copied the thread title directly from hoopsworld.com headlines.

Nice sig btw.

Frrrrank!!!
02-15-2009, 01:54 PM
He can go anywhere he wants besides to the Cavs. Just not there!

Faneik
02-15-2009, 01:57 PM
He can go anywhere he wants besides to the Cavs. Just not there!

Indeed. I kind of hope that if he moves, he stays in the West.

cjags77
02-15-2009, 01:58 PM
Are the pistons still envolved. I think they have a lot to offer so I dont see why we arent getting talked about more?

Frrrrank!!!
02-15-2009, 02:05 PM

I'm not that greedy, just not the Cavs!!! Lebron and STAT!?!?!?!?!!?:hide:

Faneik
02-15-2009, 02:06 PM
I'm not that greedy, just not the Cavs!!! Lebron and STAT!?!?!?!?!!?:hide:

It's not being greedy. It's wishing the best for my own team.

what54!?
02-15-2009, 02:08 PM
most likely he's going to Chi or Cleveland. I hope the bulls because and lebron, mo, and amare is scary

akagiredsuns
02-15-2009, 02:09 PM

Phoenix isnt gonna be stupid enough to trade Amare to another team in the West. That just doesn't make sense. GM's will usually trade superstars like Amare to the other Conference. Why would he trade to another team in the West, let alone a division rival, when he can come back and hurt the Suns 3 or 4 times a year? Plus the only teams left to get him are the Bulls and maybe the Heat or Cavs. All East teams. So naturally, that's the right thing to do. Out of sight, out of mind.

Faneik
02-15-2009, 02:12 PM
Phoenix isnt gonna be stupid enough to trade Amare to another team in the West. That just doesn't make sense. GM's will usually trade superstars like Amare to the other Conference. Why would he trade to another team in the West, let alone a division rival, when he can come back and hurt the Suns 3 or 4 times a year? Plus the only teams left to get him are the Bulls and maybe the Heat or Cavs. All East teams. So naturally, that's the right thing to do. Out of sight, out of mind.

You're right and I'm aware of that. I was just stating the fact that if he gets traded I'd prefer he stays in the West.

Just wishing the best for my own team.:D

thedfactor
02-15-2009, 02:13 PM
Your welcome in Dallas. You can be a home all-star next year as well.

Kdirt
Trade him to my Warriors, you can have Monta Ellis all day.

stevefrancis
i hate how players complain where they can get traded to when its not up to them. thats the point of a no trade clause like what kobe had. the only good trade the suns should do is that bulls trade because they got potential back or a nets trade of vc and yi and some other stuff because yi will make the owner money since hes a selfish owner who would rather save 2 mill than make the finals which is why he traded joe johnson.

akagiredsuns
02-15-2009, 02:14 PM
most likely he's going to Chi or Cleveland. I hope the bulls because and lebron, mo, and amare is scary

I think Rose, Deng & Stoudamire will be just as scary. That's a Big 3 that can do some serious hurting. I think Rose is already almost as good a point guard as Mo Williams. We all know Lebron is far beyond Deng. I know the skills competition doesn't make Rose better than Mo, but you have to admit Rose not only won it in faster time but he finished it with a nice reverse jam. That was sweet!!!

-Juice-
02-15-2009, 02:14 PM
I think since Porter is going to get canned, that they might keep Amare and see if they have another shot.

If not, I hope they trade him to the Cavs so he gets to play with LeBron.

BALLER71
02-15-2009, 02:19 PM
I'd give anything except Beasley and Wade.

aaron0l
02-15-2009, 02:26 PM
I think since Porter is going to get canned, that they might keep Amare and see if they have another shot.

They will still trade him because they need to clear payroll,so the question is where,all signs point bulls.

Hustla23
02-15-2009, 02:26 PM

Then you don't have much to give, do you?

I wouldn't even talk to Miami if Beasley wasn't involved if I were Phoenix.

Phoenix asked for Rudy Gay, Mike Conley, and Hakim Warrick from Memphis :speechless:

Soto>Norris
02-15-2009, 02:38 PM
Noah/Gray
Stoud
Deng
Gordon
Rose

Bench: Noch, Hinrich, Hughes,
O jeez. (assuming its 4 tt sef and gooden).

Kyben36
02-15-2009, 03:03 PM
The Bulls Is OK, However, Rose and stat are the only 2 that can create for themselves effectivly. Deng doesnt Create anything. he either shoots jumpers or Cuts in hoping for a pass. Noah, NOthing to be said. Gordon dribbles all over like Hinrich, most of the time off his foot. Hinrich, already said Overdribbles. Noch takes some bad shots. Hughes is the KING Of bad shots. It hink that we would still have our problems but its a start. You can hope that Deng trives off having a Low post player in Amare. But I would consider Wade, Stat and Beasley much better Trio. And Like others said, Mo, Stat, and KING JAMES. Thats too sick. That is 3 players already in the allstar game. Not like the Heat dont have Beasely in a few years depending on development.

MiamiHeat
02-15-2009, 03:11 PM
I think the Heat are out of the race
unless Riley does his magic and brings him to MIA without giving up Beasley

GoatMilk
02-15-2009, 03:29 PM
Ajinca/GWallace/Ray Felton for A'm'a'r'e'
just a rumor I think, no link sorry

durtee
02-15-2009, 04:01 PM
Are the pistons still envolved. I think they have a lot to offer so I dont see why we arent getting talked about more?

http://blog.mlive.com/fullcourtpress/2009/02/amare_stoudemire_it_would_be_p.html

Yeah they are still involved. Amare has said that he would like to play for Detroit as well ^link above^. Joe D likes to keep things quiet, so that is why they are not talked about as much. Just look at the AI and Sheed trade, both of those trades were kept very quiet until the deals were about finalized. The Pistons have just as much to offer as anyone else, so it just really depends on how much Joe D wants to give up and what the Suns want.

Aapox
02-15-2009, 04:09 PM
You can hope that Deng trives off having a Low post player in Amare. Deng has never really had a GOOD low post presence to open up the lane for him to slash. I'd expect that if we do get Amare, he will thrive.

nessa66666
02-15-2009, 04:21 PM
I thought all the Suns wanted was expiring contact.
a younger player and a draft pick.

MJ-BULLS
02-15-2009, 04:22 PM
Deng has never really had a GOOD low post presence to open up the lane for him to slash. I'd expect that if we do get Amare, he will thrive.

i think he will

heatking
02-15-2009, 04:35 PM
i think the heat can put together a nice package with haslem, cook, and fillers. i doubt it happens tough.

durtee
02-15-2009, 04:50 PM
i think the heat can put together a nice package with haslem, cook, and fillers. i doubt it happens tough.

Yeah I think that they could definitely put together a good package, but unfortunately for Heat fans I think that the O'Neal trade will stop them from going after Amare. I do love Haslem, I really wish the Pistons could somehow get him.

heatking
02-15-2009, 04:54 PM
Yeah I think that they could definitely put together a good package, but unfortunately for Heat fans I think that the O'Neal trade will stop them from going after Amare. I do love Haslem, I really wish the Pistons could somehow get him.
yeah, haslem is a warrior

nessa66666
02-15-2009, 04:58 PM
Does anyone know Who the 2 mystery Teams are that mades a ofter for AMARE.

Hoophypes mentions a fews days ago that thier was 2 mystery teams not

mention yet that ofter the most for amare.

VinceGully
02-15-2009, 05:13 PM
I think Rose, Deng & Stoudamire will be just as scary. That's a Big 3 that can do some serious hurting. I think Rose is already almost as good a point guard as Mo Williams. We all know Lebron is far beyond Deng. I know the skills competition doesn't make Rose better than Mo, but you have to admit Rose not only won it in faster time but he finished it with a nice reverse jam. That was sweet!!!

I'm a super BULLS fan...but Deng, Rose and Amare is no comparison to Bron and Amare ALONE! Rose and Amare in 2 years maybe...not now.

VinceGully
02-15-2009, 05:15 PM

Why wouldn't you give up Marcus Fizer...I mean Beasley for Amare???

VinceGully
02-15-2009, 05:17 PM
Noah/Gray
Stoud
Deng
Gordon
Rose

Bench: Noch, Hinrich, Hughes,
O jeez. (assuming its 4 tt sef and gooden).

SICK...but you might as well pull Hughes off that list because he's getting NO more PT

kntresistheheat
02-15-2009, 05:26 PM
Beasley>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Marcus fizer:rolleyes: Get real!

Why wouldn't you give up Marcus Fizer...I mean Beasley for Amare???

scandaless2
02-15-2009, 05:27 PM
i can't wait till Monday

heatking
02-15-2009, 05:31 PM
ima laugh when the bulls dont get amare. beasley is so underrated, hes on a team with arguably the best player in the league. and barely gets any playing time. just wait till next year, he will shock the league.

VinceGully
02-15-2009, 05:39 PM
ima laugh when the bulls dont get amare. beasley is so underrated, hes on a team with arguably the best player in the league. and barely gets any playing time. just wait till next year, he will shock the league.

Or laugh when Da BULLS pass you up in the East...

Guarantee Beasley becomes the "What happened to..." in 4-5 years. So glad we took Rose over Beasley...I mean Mateen Cleaves. LOL.

abe_froman
02-15-2009, 05:40 PM
is there anything more annoying than bulls and heat fans when they're in competition or intertwined in something...

what54!?
02-15-2009, 05:40 PM
Or laugh when Da BULLS pass you up in the East...

Guarantee Beasley becomes the "What happened to..." in 4-5 years. So glad we took Rose over Beasley...I mean Mateen Cleaves. LOL.
you got to love this rivarly. Bulls fans :rolleyes:

BosoxPapi61
02-15-2009, 05:42 PM
Mark my words.... Amaré will be a Cav

NYKnickFanatic
02-15-2009, 05:43 PM
You're right, Amare never said he'd be happy.

My mistake was that I copied the thread title directly from hoopsworld.com headlines.

Nice sig btw.

Oh ok. No problem then.

And thanks. :)

heatking
im sure a team with a rookie point guard as their best player, and a ballhog streaky shooter as their 2nd best player wont pass a team like the heat in the standings. also did you see beasley in the rookie sophmore game??? he has the most talent out of the whole group. just wait till he gets a chance, hes not running loose like drose is.

NYKnickFanatic
Mark my words.... Amaré will be a Cav

I shall do that.
Be a Cav by when though?
Before the deadline?

prodigy
02-15-2009, 05:52 PM
I see him landing in chi-town. They will give up alot for him. cavs would only offer one of these 2 trades.

1. wally/AV/1st
2. wally/hickson/1st

while the bulls could offer thomas/hinrich/gordon.

the only thing in the cavs favor is wally's 13mill expiring. Suns would love that.

nessa66666
02-15-2009, 05:56 PM
Some peoples think the Sheed/Amir deal for AMARE is better then chicago and all the other ofters.

durtee
02-15-2009, 05:57 PM
im sure a team with a rookie point guard as their best player, and a ballhog streaky shooter as their 2nd best player wont pass a team like the heat in the standings. also did you see beasley in the rookie sophmore game??? he has the most talent out of the whole group. just wait till he gets a chance, hes not running loose like drose is.

I hope you mean the whole group of Rookies, because it is quite obvious that Kevin Durant is the talent of the whole group.

I do like Beasley and think he will be a very good player. He just needs to mature/get older within the game and I think that he will.

kntresistheheat
02-15-2009, 05:58 PM
Let me guess, are those detroit fans:rolleyes: Chi, Mia, and portland deals are the best ones. Well take the heat out because we just got JO, So I say the bulls deal is better;)

Some peoples think the Sheed/Amir deal for AMARE is better then chicago and all the other ofters.

durtee
02-15-2009, 05:59 PM

I am trying not to be bias, but I have to say that is a very good deal that the Pistons are offering. It is rumored that draft picks would be involved as well. Sheed is an excellent defender and is just what the Suns need for now, plus he is an expiring contract that they want. Amir is still so young and has a ton of potential. If draft picks are included as well, then I don't see how any other deals are any better than that.

durtee
02-15-2009, 06:01 PM
Let me guess, are those detroit fans:rolleyes: Chi, Mia, and portland deals are the best ones. Well take the heat out because we just got JO, So I say the bulls deal is better;)

Not just Detroit fans.

Stoudemire rumors

Amid the frenzy of rumors surfacing about the seeming inevitability of the Suns trading Amar'e Stoudemire by the Feb. 19 deadline, there's been little mention of the Knicks, considering that Mike D'Antoni and two of his assistants coached the athletic big man in Phoenix.

There's little talk because a source familiar with the team's thinking says D'Antoni and Co. aren't exactly fond of Stoudemire, particularly his defense and overall focus.

They're even less interested if getting him means surrendering David Lee — unless they also could shed either Eddy Curry's or Stephon Marbury's salary in a deal. One Internet report "suggested" a Lee-Marbury-Nate Robinson package for Stoudemire and Leandro Barbosa.

The Suns appear intent on not sending Stoudemire (who can opt out in 2010) to a Western Conference rival. Thus, Chicago (because of the '90s Bulls relationship between general managers Steve Kerr and John Paxson) and Detroit (which would surrender Rasheed Wallace and his expiring contract) are considered the front-runners.

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/knicks/39416147.html

heatking
02-15-2009, 06:13 PM
I hope you mean the whole group of Rookies, because it is quite obvious that Kevin Durant is the talent of the whole group.

I do like Beasley and think he will be a very good player. He just needs to mature/get older within the game and I think that he will.

yeah, i was talking bout the rookies.

amwpr86
02-15-2009, 06:19 PM
I see him landing in chi-town. They will give up alot for him. cavs would only offer one of these 2 trades.

1. wally/AV/1st
2. wally/hickson/1st

while the bulls could offer thomas/hinrich/gordon.

the only thing in the cavs favor is wally's 13mill expiring. Suns would love that.

That wally/av/1st cant happen with out a 3rd team unless we send them cash. But That is about 19.5 mil in expiring.

Snow/av/jj/1st can happen with out a 3rd team though. And snow and andy combine for about 13.1 mil expiring. And i know people will say Snow WTF but snow and wally both are only included in any trade for their contracts not talent for talent, and both wont be a cav or sun by next season anyways.

IMO the trades come down to who they would rather prefer, TT or JJ. Thomas has been looked at as a shawn kemp in the making, and Hickson has been said to be a young karl malone in the making. I think they may take TT, but cleveland can offer them more cap relief. All depends on what they think will help their future.

nessa66666
02-15-2009, 06:22 PM
Mike W. said that Portland was a top Contender for AMARE.

amwpr86
02-15-2009, 06:28 PM
Mike W. said that Portland was a top Contender for AMARE.

But its hard to think they would want to trade him to another west team.

nessa66666
02-15-2009, 06:42 PM
I know I was just saying that Mike W. said that Portand and Chicago was the top contenders for AMARE.

amwpr86
02-15-2009, 06:57 PM
Yea Chi, Cleve, Det, and Port have all been said to be top contenders. It all depends on what Phx wants to do. Since its been said they are looking for young talent and expiring contracts, it comes down to who they feel will develop into the best player: Tyrus, Hickson, Maxiell,or Aldridge.

shortlunatic
02-15-2009, 07:02 PM

Its the same exat question i been asking when everybody else says "he says hell go anywhere!!!"

nessa66666
02-15-2009, 07:14 PM
Thier been between 50-100 different Article on this AMARE Trade rumor.
All saying Everyone from detriot portlana Cavs,Houston and other teams are the top contendar depend on which one you read.

nessa66666
02-15-2009, 07:15 PM
How about 2 msystery teams that havent been named.

JordansBulls
02-15-2009, 07:23 PM

But considering he most likely won't resign with them now that he is in trade talks they might as well get the most for him now.

PapelbonLester
02-15-2009, 07:26 PM
Put him in clevland just to give Lebron a legit big man and lets repeat that lakers-cavs game and we'll see who is the better team. No doubt Cavs would take it all. If he goes to the bulls they will just be the 4th team in the east.

amwpr86
02-15-2009, 07:27 PM
How about 2 msystery teams that havent been named.

How long ago did you hear about this? Because it used to just be Chi, Port, and Mia. Det and Cleve have recently been added. Maybe NY and SAC, but who knows.

nessa66666
02-15-2009, 07:33 PM
AMWP about 3 days ago.
Hoophypes had a article up about 3 days ago.

nessa66666
02-15-2009, 07:34 PM
Something about 2 Msyerty Teams that havent been named ofter the most for AMARE.

nessa66666
02-15-2009, 07:36 PM
Suitors aplenty for Amare
3 Comment February 10 Chicago Sun-Times
"The Bulls are far from the only team talking to the Phoenix Suns about a deal for Amare Stoudemire. The Golden State Warriors haven't hidden their interest, and the New Jersey Nets admitted their talks with the Suns were unproductive.

Bulls general manager John Paxson declined to comment on Stoudemire.

But a source shot down one report that the Bulls and Miami Heat were the front-runners to land Stoudemire, saying the two teams that have offered the most for the All-Star forward have yet to be publicly identified.

According to Miami media, the Heat has been trying to get Suns president Steve Kerr to take back Shawn Marion, who went to Miami for Shaquille O'Neal last February. The Heat also likely would have to part with forward Michael Beasley, whom it selected with the second pick in the draft last summer after the Bulls took Derrick Rose.

The Detroit Pistons, whom the Bulls host tonight, also reportedly are talking to the Suns and Heat.

Stoudemire, who met with Kerr on Friday, addressed the rumors Sunday before the Suns played at Detroit.

''I know about the rumors,'' Stoudemire told AOL.com. ''I know what teams are looking. I know what teams want me. I pretty much know everything -- I know what's going on. I'm definitely in the loop on what's happening.''

Stoudemire said money is the motive to move him.

''I think financial problems with the organization,'' Stoudemire told WXYZ-TV in Detroit. ''Right now, they're trying to figure it out. My job is to bring my A-game every night, so I'm focused on the game with Detroit. I think they're trying to figure something out, but I'm not sure how fast it's gonna work, when it's gonna work or if it's gonna even work.''

The Pistons reportedly have made Rasheed Wallace available. The league's trade deadline is Feb. 19.

''There's going to be a million different scenarios and things out there,'' coach Vinny Del Negro, who came to the Bulls from the Suns' front office, said after practice Monday. ''There'll be 100 [trade rumors] out there and maybe one gets done. We're always going to look at areas we feel can make our team better. Pax will continue to do that."

Click here for full article

nessa66666
02-15-2009, 07:38 PM
But a source shot down one report that the Bulls and Miami Heat were the front-runners to land Stoudemire, saying the two teams that have offered the most for the All-Star forward have yet to be publicly identified.

Here is the quote from the article.

MJ-BULLS
02-15-2009, 07:39 PM
i think its going to come down to him staying with the suns or ending up getting traded to the bulls

Soto>Norris
02-15-2009, 07:46 PM
yo nessa......i dont think ur being legit. of course theres gonna be a source shutting it down. you think one article is gonna tell all and be completely accurate? articles are being printed about this every hour, what makes yours correct?

klvanzu
02-15-2009, 07:55 PM
Suitors aplenty for Amare
3 Comment February 10 Chicago Sun-Times
"The Bulls are far from the only team talking to the Phoenix Suns about a deal for Amare Stoudemire. The Golden State Warriors haven't hidden their interest, and the New Jersey Nets admitted their talks with the Suns were unproductive.

Bulls general manager John Paxson declined to comment on Stoudemire.

According to Miami media, the Heat has been trying to get Suns president Steve Kerr to take back Shawn Marion, who went to Miami for Shaquille O'Neal last February. The Heat also likely would have to part with forward Michael Beasley, whom it selected with the second pick in the draft last summer after the Bulls took Derrick Rose.

The Detroit Pistons, whom the Bulls host tonight, also reportedly are talking to the Suns and Heat.

Stoudemire, who met with Kerr on Friday, addressed the rumors Sunday before the Suns played at Detroit.

''I know about the rumors,'' Stoudemire told AOL.com. ''I know what teams are looking. I know what teams want me. I pretty much know everything -- I know what's going on. I'm definitely in the loop on what's happening.''

Stoudemire said money is the motive to move him.

''I think financial problems with the organization,'' Stoudemire told WXYZ-TV in Detroit. ''Right now, they're trying to figure it out. My job is to bring my A-game every night, so I'm focused on the game with Detroit. I think they're trying to figure something out, but I'm not sure how fast it's gonna work, when it's gonna work or if it's gonna even work.''

The Pistons reportedly have made Rasheed Wallace available. The league's trade deadline is Feb. 19.

''There's going to be a million different scenarios and things out there,'' coach Vinny Del Negro, who came to the Bulls from the Suns' front office, said after practice Monday. ''There'll be 100 [trade rumors] out there and maybe one gets done. We're always going to look at areas we feel can make our team better. Pax will continue to do that."

Click here for full article

This sounds like something the Suns have put out to drive up the price for Amare. I have a hard time believing that nobody knows who these mystery teams are, and when you look around the league who could, or would, offer better pieces than the teams already mentioned.

amwpr86
02-15-2009, 08:07 PM
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/basketball/bulls/1421595,CST-SPT-bull10.article

Well nessa if your that anxious to know who their mystery teams may be: Cleveland, Sac, Memphis, and NY were not mentioned in that article and were afterwords. And the JO and SM trade didn't happen yet when this article was posted. So take your pick from that list. But, that article is 5 days old already. You can't live on that one report.

kntresistheheat
02-15-2009, 08:11 PM
The two teams that were a mystery was the grizz and blazers, and I also heard that Indiana and Washington but that was shut down quick:rolleyes:

This sounds like something the Suns have put out to drive up the price for Amare. I have a hard time believing that nobody knows who these mystery teams are, and when you look around the league who could, or would, offer better pieces than the teams already mentioned.

JordansBulls
02-15-2009, 08:15 PM
Phoenix doesn't have a choice but to trade Amare now.

amwpr86
02-15-2009, 08:26 PM
Phoenix doesn't have a choice but to trade Amare now.

I agree. You can't put a player out there like that and expect things to be just fine and dandy if hes not traded. I think now hes not going to resign with them in 2010 so trading him is there best bet.

Sports Illustrator
02-15-2009, 08:50 PM
Miami cannot make a trade anymore for Amare, and are not willing to trade Beasley so I would say the Miami Heat are out of the question. The Suns shot down the best possible deal everyone thought of that the Cavaliers could make. The Bulls still seem to have different possibilities that can interest the Suns.

I still say Amare is either going to stay in Phoenix, or he will be traded to the Bulls.

JordansBulls
02-15-2009, 09:00 PM
Miami cannot make a trade anymore for Amare, and are not willing to trade Beasley so I would say the Miami Heat are out of the question. The Suns shot down the best possible deal everyone thought of that the Cavaliers could make. The Bulls still seem to have different possibilities that can interest the Suns.

I still say Amare is either going to stay in Phoenix, or he will be traded to the Bulls.

Come on Chicago.

:pray:

nessa66666
02-15-2009, 09:02 PM
anyone think a deal will be mades tomrrow or drag out till thrusday.

MiamiHeat
02-15-2009, 09:04 PM
I think Amare now stays in Phoenix with the firing of Porter

amwpr86
02-15-2009, 09:11 PM
Yea I only saw Amare being traded with Porter Potty staying. But, they can probably return to a running team w/o him. Nash, Amare, and J-Rich will be more effective out side of the half court style. Run n Gun was always fun to watch.

Sports Illustrator
02-15-2009, 09:21 PM
That is very possible. The firing of Porter could be a way to try to have Amare stay in Phoenix for a bit more. Management likely preferred to keep Amare and fire Porter. Anything is possible, as of right now we can only guess though.

One or two trades might be made between the 17th and 18th, and then maybe two more trades might be made on the 19th and that's about it. Tomorrow there may just be a lot of talking going on.

nessa66666
02-15-2009, 09:23 PM
BTW that article is 4 days ago saying Chicago and detriot was the front runners.

Kdirt
02-15-2009, 09:38 PM
come to GS Amare!

shortlunatic
02-15-2009, 10:00 PM
I'm a super BULLS fan...but Deng, Rose and Amare is no comparison to Bron and Amare ALONE! Rose and Amare in 2 years maybe...not now.

But Rose is a PG, whose goal is really only to craete plays for his team, unlike LeBron. Rose and Amare will be sick now, and even sicker 2 years from now. Both like to run and aren't lazy (at least offensively), and will have an imediate impact.

They wont pass the Heat this year, but it will in the future. Theres no way you say Beasely is better than rose in any way. Wat do you mean running loose? The guy is sick and only 20. ANY sports fan who truly understands this game will know that Rose is a way better choice than Beasely.

GSW fan
02-15-2009, 10:23 PM
didn't he say that he preferred to be the #1 option on the team. Another sign pointing to the bulls

I Stole Home
02-15-2009, 10:33 PM
Mo Will LBJ 23 and Amare:drool:

Duncan = Donkey
02-15-2009, 10:36 PM
didn't he say that he preferred to be the #1 option on the team. Another sign pointing to the bulls

just cause he wants to be the #1 option doesnt mean its a sign he is going to the bulls. he's not a free agent he doesnt have a choice where he is going.
so no its not a sign pointing to the bulls

shortlunatic
02-15-2009, 10:37 PM

Ive benn tryin to point this out to everyone, but they wont listen

amwpr86
02-15-2009, 10:41 PM
Even if he did go to the Bulls. What makes people think hes going to resign with them.

GregOden#1
02-15-2009, 10:44 PM
Amare being traded is completely for financial reasons...firing Porter has nothing to do with it, he's just as likely to be traded as we was a week ago when we found out Porter was getting fired.

Chronz
02-15-2009, 10:45 PM
I heard hes heading to Houston for Landry+Artest+Brooks+Head

shortlunatic
02-15-2009, 10:46 PM
Even if he did go to the Bulls. What makes people think hes going to resign with them.

Rose. He'll be happy dishin Amare tha ball all day long as long as he finishes. As an offensive beast, how can you not love a guy who doesnt mind makin you look good??

Sox Appeal
02-15-2009, 10:47 PM

Nobody can answer that question right now. But if you're the Suns, you know you would have practically no chance of resigning him in 2010, so trading him away now and actually getting something for him would obviously be smarter then letting him walk in a few years for nothing.

Sox Appeal
02-15-2009, 10:54 PM
In the end, I see Amare either ending up in Detroit (that's the homer in me..) or in Chicago. It's pretty obvious this Bulls team isn't going to be winning anything anytime soon with the way their currently constructed, so trading for somebody like Amare would have be a huge help. Not only would Amare be a PERFECT fit in Chicago (A Rose & Amare pick n' roll would be lethal..) the Bulls also have the pieces to make the deal happen. They could offer Tyrus Thomas (who's been a BEAST the past few months) to replace Amare, Thabo Sefelosha who the Suns have always liked, and the always attractive expiring contract of Drew Gooden.

If the Bulls where smart, I think they would try to trade Kirk Hinrich to Orlando for expiring contracts, and then try to find somebody who would take Nochioni off their hands for some expirings as well. Then the Bulls would be able to blow everything up, and build the team completely Rose, Deng, and Amare.

amwpr86
02-15-2009, 10:56 PM
Nobody can answer that question right now. But if you're the Suns, you know you would have practically no chance of resigning him in 2010, so trading him away now and actually getting something for him would obviously be smarter then letting him walk in a few years for nothing.

I can tell why he might get traded in the first place. But, him going against the Cavs and Celtics for a season and a half would make me wanna leave too haha. He might stay if he and rose become monsters together.

nessa66666
02-15-2009, 10:59 PM
John Hollinger: Dumars trolling for a home-run type trade

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Steve (Detroit, MI): John, If the Pistons aren't in the running for Amare, do they have any plans for the trade deadline?

SportsNation John Hollinger: I'm sure they do, but I'm not privy to what they are. They have two big expiring deals with Iverson and Sheed, so I do wonder if Dumars is quietly trolling for a home-run type trade.

shortlunatic
02-15-2009, 10:59 PM
I can tell why he might get traded in the first place. But, him going against the Cavs and Celtics for a season and a half would make me wanna leave too haha. He might stay if he and rose become monsters together.

lol, but who doesnt like a like a little competition :eyebrow:

and yes, Amare & Rose will be a sick azz offensive duo

king4day
02-15-2009, 11:01 PM
He also said detroit. It's nothing new. Chicago or Cleveland are the likely landing spots.
With Porter fired now, it's possible he doesn't get dealt at all.

king4day
02-15-2009, 11:04 PM

Suns need to hold onto him until the summer and try to extend him. If he declines, then deal him during the summer or before the deadline.
Kerr needs to let Gentry get a handle on things and try to make it work before they do what this franchise will regret.

nessa66666
02-15-2009, 11:05 PM
I thought it been rumors for the past 3 days he was going to cavs or bulls.

shortlunatic
02-15-2009, 11:12 PM

It has, even tho everyone has seem to 4gotten about the pistons. to me they still pose the biggest threat to Chicago. But I'm about 80% sure that he will go to chicago if he is traded at all

amwpr86
02-15-2009, 11:14 PM

Key word "rumors"

leftie5
02-15-2009, 11:26 PM
Like I have been saying, I don't think we will be trading Amar'e. Now that we have reportedly fired Porter, it has been said Gentry likes the up tempo type game which Amar'e fits well in.

Who knows we could still deal him, but I hope not, it would be a mistake. Maybe this offseason a sign-and-trade deal would be possible, as he can identify teams he would be willing to sign a long-term deal with.

shortlunatic
02-15-2009, 11:28 PM
Like I have been saying, I don't think we will be trading Amar'e. Now that we have reportedly fired Porter, it has been said Gentry likes the up tempo type game which Amar'e fits well in.

Who knows we could still deal him, but I hope not, it would be a mistake. Maybe this offseason a sign-and-trade deal would be possible, as he can identify teams he would be willing to sign a long-term deal with.

Maybe, but some sorta move needs to be made as financial reasons was one of the reasons he was gonna be traded

leftie5
02-15-2009, 11:39 PM
Maybe, but some sorta move needs to be made as that was one of the reasons he was gonna be traded

One move was already made, which was firing Porter. No other moves necessarily "need" to be made. It is if we want to, which I am sure many Chicago fans are hoping for. I just don't think the offer is good enough. Thomas is a good player and the best in the package, but I don't see him getting anywhere near the level of Amar'e.

However, the move would more than likely be about clearing money, getting an expiring contract, and getting young guys so who knows.

TheChosenOne88
02-15-2009, 11:40 PM
Suns need to hold onto him until the summer and try to extend him. If he declines, then deal him during the summer or before the deadline.
Kerr needs to let Gentry get a handle on things and try to make it work before they do what this franchise will regret.

Agreed.

Here's my take:

Porter's firing tomorrow obviously will play a big part in whether or not they keep Amare. I'd love to see him stay in PHX long term, but if he's not dealt at the deadline he will be dealt over the summer, unless Shaq is dealt instead. The Suns want to clear payroll and bring in young talent. Steve Nash is untouchable, so we know they are not looking for a star PG in a trade. I am surprised Memphis did not pull the trigger on the Conley, Rudy, and Warrick deal. The Grizzlies are either greedy or they are banking on making a HUGE offer to good enough to get Carlos Boozer in the offseason. Amare's obviously is not going to a playoff team in the west so you can take Portland off the list, besides the Suns would want Aldridge in the deal and he's untouchable. Houston has the pieces to get Stoudemire, but the Suns will want Luis Scola in the deal and I don't see the Rockets letting him go. The Kings don't have any big expirings to offer. Miami took themselves out of the running when they traded Marion for Jermaine O'Neal. Chicago has the pieces, but they will want to put Ben Gordon (he's going to leave this offseason) and Larry Hughes in any deal they make, Hughes does not have an expiring contract so you can take the Bulls out because Drew Gooden's expiring contract is only around 7 million. The Cavs have already made a strong push and it was shot down. Kerr obviously doesn't see anything in JJ Hickson, if Hickson's numbers were higher a Suns-Cavs deal would already be done. It would be Sczcerbiak's expiring, Anderson Varejao, JJ Hickson, First Rounder for Amare and a filler. The Knicks have the pieces to get a deal done, but they are not making a strong push because they see something in David Lee and hope to resign him this summer. Detroit is the sleeper. Right now they have not made the right offer, but I see them pulling the trigger on any deal that doesn't involve Rodney Stuckey or Rip Hamilton.

I am guessing there is an 80% chance that Stoudemire stays put at the trade deadline. The Suns need more time to get the right offer.

shortlunatic
02-15-2009, 11:49 PM
One move was already made, which was firing Porter. No other moves necessarily "need" to be made. It is if we want to, which I am sure many Chicago fans are hoping for. I just don't think the offer is good enough. Thomas is a good player and the best in the package, but I don't see him getting anywhere near the level of Amar'e.

However, the move would more than likely be about clearing money, getting an expiring contract, and getting young guys so who knows.

lol i gotta edit that. I meant to say that financial reasons was one of the reasons he was gonna be traded

leftie5
02-15-2009, 11:53 PM
lol i gotta edit that. I meant to say that financial reasons was one of the reasons he was gonna be traded

I was kind of confused with what you were trying to get at lol.

But yeah I agree.

shortlunatic
02-15-2009, 11:59 PM
Agreed.

Here's my take:

Porter's firing tomorrow obviously will play a big part in whether or not they keep Amare. I'd love to see him stay in PHX long term, but if he's not dealt at the deadline he will be dealt over the summer, unless Shaq is dealt instead. The Suns want to clear payroll and bring in young talent. Steve Nash is untouchable, so we know they are not looking for a star PG in a trade. I am surprised Memphis did not pull the trigger on the Conley, Rudy, and Warrick deal. The Grizzlies are either greedy or they are banking on making a HUGE offer to good enough to get Carlos Boozer in the offseason. Amare's obviously is not going to a playoff team in the west so you can take Portland off the list, besides the Suns would want Aldridge in the deal and he's untouchable. Houston has the pieces to get Stoudemire, but the Suns will want Luis Scola in the deal and I don't see the Rockets letting him go. The Kings don't have any big expirings to offer. Miami took themselves out of the running when they traded Marion for Jermaine O'Neal. Chicago has the pieces, but they will want to put Ben Gordon (he's going to leave this offseason) and Larry Hughes in any deal they make, Hughes does not have an expiring contract so you can take the Bulls out because Drew Gooden's expiring contract is only around 7 million. The Cavs have already made a strong push and it was shot down. Kerr obviously doesn't see anything in JJ Hickson, if Hickson's numbers were higher a Suns-Cavs deal would already be done. It would be Sczcerbiak's expiring, Anderson Varejao, JJ Hickson, First Rounder for Amare and a filler. The Knicks have the pieces to get a deal done, but they are not making a strong push because they see something in David Lee and hope to resign him this summer. Detroit is the sleeper. Right now they have not made the right offer, but I see them pulling the trigger on any deal that doesn't involve Rodney Stuckey or Rip Hamilton.

I am guessing there is an 80% chance that Stoudemire stays put at the trade deadline. The Suns need more time to get the right offer.

sounds good, but you dont know what you are talking about. The Bulls arent looking to put Hughes or Gordon in any trade involving Amare. They are not sure wether Gordon will go or stay after the offseason, and they are not sure they wanna resign him. However, any trade that involves Gordon needs his approval because of the agreement with the 1 yr contract, otherwise we would have traded him for something big already. Hughes does have an expiring contract, a HUGE 13 mil one that expires at the end of next season. We dont want hughes, but right now, nobody wants him, cuz a year and a half with him is way to long. we will probably keep him til the offseason, cuz next year, his expiring will be VERY valuable. Gooden's 7 mil expiring is a decent contract, dont make it sound like it is nothing.

Gordon, and hughes were never rumored in any way to be a part of the package offered to the suns by the bulls

TheChosenOne88
02-16-2009, 12:21 AM
sounds good, but you dont know what you are talking about. The Bulls arent looking to put Hughes or Gordon in any trade involving Amare. They are not sure wether Gordon will go or stay after the offseason, and they are not sure they wanna resign him. However, any trade that involves Gordon needs his approval because of the agreement with the 1 yr contract, otherwise we would have traded him for something big already. Hughes does have an expiring contract, a HUGE 13 mil one that expires at the end of next season. We dont want hughes, but right now, nobody wants him, cuz a year and a half with him is way to long. we will probably keep him til the offseason, cuz next year, his expiring will be VERY valuable. Gooden's 7 mil expiring is a decent contract, dont make it sound like it is nothing.

Gordon, and hughes were never rumored in any way to be a part of the package offered to the suns by the bulls

I don't know what I'm talking about? Hughes' contract expires NEXT season, the Suns want to cut payroll THIS season. Gooden's 7 million is nothing compared to AI's, Sheed's, Wally's, or even Raef LaFrentz expirings. So stop being a biased Bulls fan. And yes Gordon or Hughes have not been mentioned in any "rumors" but thats just what they are, RUMORS. The Bulls do not have a trigger finger and they also do not have a big enough expiring contract to entice the Suns.

Cubs Win
02-16-2009, 12:27 AM
^ Get over it, Amare is most likely a Bull if he is traded. (And he probably will be traded)

shortlunatic
02-16-2009, 12:31 AM
I don't know what I'm talking about? Hughes' contract expires NEXT season, the Suns want to cut payroll THIS season. Gooden's 7 million is nothing compared to AI's, Sheed's, Wally's, or even Raef LaFrentz expirings. So stop being a biased Bulls fan. And yes Gordon or Hughes have not been mentioned in any "rumors" but thats just what they are, RUMORS. The Bulls do not have a trigger finger and they also do not have a big enough expiring contract to entice the Suns.

I did say that hughes contract expires after next season, and that was just to point out what you said about him not having one at all. Yes Sheed, and A.I. have bigger expirings than Gooden, but that doesnt mean Goodens 7mil are nothing, it just means they get more with other teams. And yea mayb they are rumors, but the fact that Gordon PROBABLY wouldnt agree to a trade, IS NOT, becuz he can only be traded if he approves and gives up his Bird resigning rights. If you read into it more, you would know this. anywayz, you said the bulls would want to put them into the deal, but thats not 100% true like the way you make it sound , a deal could be made w/o them. And yea the Bulls dont have a trigger finger, i didnt say they do, that was you. You said Goodens expiring isnt enough to entice them, but maybe the fact that TT (which Kerr has already showed interest in) is in the package might, as well as Sefolosha (who the Suns also showed previous interest in).

And last, I'm not being biased. Since I found out Porter is being fired, I already posted that Amare will probably stay, because trading him is to big of a move right after a team makes a move like this. Look into things more b4 you post them, and dont judge people unless you know enough about them.

nessa66666
02-16-2009, 12:40 AM
The rumors are that all the suns want are.
A expiring contact.
a young talent
and a draft pick.

TheChosenOne88
02-16-2009, 12:42 AM
I did say that hughes contract expires after next season, and that was just to point out what you said about him not having one at all. Yes Sheed, and A.I. have bigger expirings than Gooden, but that doesnt mean Goodens 7mil are nothing, it just means they get more with other teams. And yea mayb they are rumors, but the fact that Gordon PROBABLY wouldnt agree to a trade, IS NOT, cuz he wants his bird rights, and a trade would void that. If you read into it more, you would know this. anywayz, you said the bulls would want to put them into the deal, but thats not 100% true like the way you make it sound , a deal could be made w/o them. And yea the Bulls dont have a trigger finger, i didnt say they do, that was you. You said Goodens expiring isnt enough to entice them, but maybe the fact that TT (which Kerr has already showed interest in) is in the package might, as well as Sefolosha (who the Suns also showed previous interest in).

And last, I'm not being biased. Since I found out Porter is being fired, I already posted that Amare will probably stay, because trading him is to big of a move right after a team makes a move like this. Look into things more b4 you post them, and dont judge people unless you know enough about them.

I respect your opinion, but I don't see Tyrus Thomas being dealt in a package for Amare, maybe last summer but not now considering how well TT is playing.

nessa66666
02-16-2009, 12:47 AM
K.C. tempering enthusiasm again

The Suns play at home Tuesday, the NBA trading deadline is Thursday, and even the roar that greeted Amare Stoudemire during Sunday's player introductions couldn't drown out the rumors surrounding the four-time All-Star.

"If my last home game is the All-Star starter here, that will be a great way to go out," Stoudemire said. "I turn every negative into a positive."

The Arizona Republic reported Sunday that Suns assistant Alvin Gentry would replace Terry Porter as coach at Monday's practice, and the growing sense now is Phoenix will keep Stoudemire.

The Bulls, meanwhile, continue to debate the pros and cons of Stoudemire. According to NBA sources, they also are monitoring the Clippers' situation to see if Chris Kaman or Marcus Camby can be pried loose.

Two league executives said Sunday it appears less likely Stoudemire will become a Bull, if he is traded at all.

nessa66666
02-16-2009, 12:50 AM
Quote:
Talks between the Suns and Bulls regarding Amare Stoudemire have intensified, according to three people with knowledge of the situation.

CBSSports.com is reporting that the interest from Phoenix in working with the Bulls on a trade is because of their apparent increased desire to acquire Tyrus Thomas.

One rival executive familiar with the talks said Portland evidently is no longer an option.

shortlunatic
02-16-2009, 12:56 AM
I respect your opinion, but I don't see Tyrus Thomas being dealt in a package for Amare, maybe last summer but not now considering how well TT is playing.

Thats koo, but the fact that he is playing so well makes it more likely hell be traded. We have had him for awhile (and I love the guy as a player and id hate to see him go), but we need that true low post player. We suffer every game bcuz we do not have a stong enough player to bang down low and finish the play. Stoudemire will indeed fill this gap. I think Thomas will be a great player, but he wont have the strength of Amare to post up players and score.

sargon21
02-16-2009, 01:10 AM

drose doesnt run loose at all watch a bulls ****in game for once instead of smokin dope in south beach and get off beasleys dick

nessa66666
02-16-2009, 01:14 AM
How do we really knows What the Suns are asking for AMARE.
All we knows is what ESPN and everyone is saying we dont know the truth.

nessa66666
02-16-2009, 01:27 AM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,6748210.story

if he doesnt go to the bulls where will he go.

nessa66666
02-16-2009, 01:31 AM
Two league executives said Sunday it appears less likely Stoudemire will become a Bull, if he is traded at all.

shortlunatic
02-16-2009, 01:36 AM

Then they must know something we dont, cuz at this point, its likely he wont be traded, but if he is, signs still point towards the bulls

nessa66666
02-16-2009, 01:42 AM
This could mean the Bulls are not interested anymore .
Maybe he will be traded somewhere else.

shortlunatic
02-16-2009, 01:47 AM
This could mean the Bulls are not interested anymore .
Maybe he will be traded somewhere else.

that could be true, but I think he fits really well here and it will be another big mistake that we let it ride. The idiot Pax probably doesnt wanna let Thomas go now. The only way, i will be decently, just decently, satisfied is if they pull off a trade for Kaman or Camby, cuz hopefully he can really put some pressure on the ball in the low post area

nessa66666
02-16-2009, 02:08 AM
it problay depends on what the Suns are asking for they could be asking for more then what was reported.

shortlunatic
02-16-2009, 02:12 AM
it problay depends on what the Suns are asking for they could be asking for more then what was reported.

yea maybe, but as a bulls fan, everyone is available but Rose. They should have been able to work something out, if they dint, i blame it on Pax

amwpr86
02-16-2009, 02:12 AM
http://www.cleveland.com/pluto/blog/index.ssf/2009/02/terry_plutos_talkin_about_a_ca.html#more

In an interview with the Arizona Republic, Amare Stoudemire's agent (Charles Grantham) indicated his client wanted to remain in Phoenix and sign a long-term, maximum deal. If Stoudemire is traded to a team he doesn't like, then the forward will refuse to talk about an extension, as his contract expires in 2010. Stoudemire has said he'd like to play in Cleveland with James. James naturally said nice things about Stoudemire, so I guess there is a long shot this deal could happen. But I believe his defensive problems, his history of knee problems (and future contract demands) are all issues -- along with a supposedly steep price that the Suns want in return.

No one at the Q is saying this, but the player the Cavs really want is Marcus Camby. No one is sure what the Clippers will do. GM Elgin Baylor is out and coach Mike Dunleavy is running the franchise. Camby is averaging 12.7 rebounds, 11.6 points and 2.4 blocks. He's shooting 52 percent from the field, 75 percent at the foul line. He makes $8 million this season, and it drops to $7.6 in 2009-10. He will be 35 on March 22. His defensive mind-set, mobility and long arms that make him play even taller than his 6-11 frame are perfect for the Cavs. He is the player they may be pursuing.

In combination with your article maybe chicago and cleveland are competing for Camby instead......haha who knows? :shrug:

nessa66666
02-16-2009, 02:14 AM
Wonder if the bulls and cavs are out Who AMARE would go to if he is traded.

JordansBulls
02-16-2009, 02:25 AM
The Bulls better be interested. They better not be trying to hold on to Tyrus Thomas an unproven 22 year old when they can get a 26 year old superstar that can you what you need down low.

shortlunatic
02-16-2009, 02:30 AM
The Bulls better be interested. They better not be trying to hold on to Tyrus Thomas an unproven 22 year old when they can get a 26 year old superstar that can you what you need down low.

Thank you...Amare would be the ultimate prize for chicago especially with Rose's unselfish play. Although i would have to say, with Thomas' improved play, he may be a keeper, and if we land Camby, i will be satisfied. Not great, but satisfied.

TheChosenOne88
02-16-2009, 11:11 AM
The Clippers are saying Camby is untouchable, I'm guessing they are using that as a tactic to get the best possible deal for him.

Sports Illustrator
02-16-2009, 11:37 AM
To me it actually seems like Bulls management WANT to hold on to Tyrus Thomas. That is the problem, and the Suns may be saying you need to trade Tyrus Thomas in order to get a deal done. Bulls management also do not seem to want to give up Hinrich that fast.

We may not see it, but Tyrus Thomas is slowly developing and his development can turnout to be like Jermaine O'neal's development. He developed slowly but surely.

Southsideheat
02-16-2009, 12:22 PM
To me it actually seems like Bulls management WANT to hold on to Tyrus Thomas. That is the problem, and the Suns may be saying you need to trade Tyrus Thomas in order to get a deal done. Bulls management also do not seem to want to give up Hinrich that fast.

We may not see it, but Tyrus Thomas is slowly developing and his development can turnout to be like Jermaine O'neal's development. He developed slowly but surely.

I've heard the Bulls are not tricked by Tyrus Thomas' and Joakim Noah's recent "turnaround," and would trade them in a heartbeat. The problem is I don't think the Suns are sure about trading Amare, if they take too long, Paxson and the Bulls will turn they're attention to Kamen/Camby if they haven't already.

RaysFan
02-16-2009, 02:27 PM
Amare to Chicago would be bad for both parties. Amare needs to play in a structured setting with a star to guide him. Chicago is the exact opposite. They play no defense, Del Negro is just a bad coach, and Rose is way too timid to demand things from Amare that a top-notch superstar would demand from him.

Amare to Cleveland would be the best for him, but I don't see Cleveland having enough to get it done.

JJ81
02-16-2009, 02:50 PM
Send him to CHI

nstachowski
02-16-2009, 02:51 PM
Chicago hopefully!

nessa66666
02-16-2009, 04:19 PM
Update:

Despite speculation putting the Pistons in the sweepstakes to acquire Suns power forward Amare Stoudemire, a person familiar with the situation said things are "quiet" when it comes to possible major deals before Thursday's trading deadline. -- Detroit Free Press

shortlunatic
02-16-2009, 04:28 PM
Amare to Chicago would be bad for both parties. Amare needs to play in a structured setting with a star to guide him. Chicago is the exact opposite. They play no defense, Del Negro is just a bad coach, and Rose is way too timid to demand things from Amare that a top-notch superstar would demand from him.

Amare to Cleveland would be the best for him, but I don't see Cleveland having enough to get it done.

This has to be one of the most dumbest opinions I have ever heard on this board.

chicago lulz
02-16-2009, 04:37 PM
Originally Posted by Red222 View Post
Courtesy of WSCR the Score: Boers says his sources tell him Vinny will be fired a new GM will be appointed in the offseason and Suns not doing the trade and Pax will take a lesser role with the team.

Soo....yeah.

shortlunatic
02-16-2009, 04:42 PM
Soo....yeah.

interesting. I wonder who the new GM would be

chicago lulz
02-16-2009, 04:52 PM
interesting. I wonder who the new GM would be

Probably that Gar Foremen guy as of right now. Granted this seems to just be speculation, so we'll see.

JordansBulls
02-16-2009, 04:58 PM
I hope Amare gets traded to Chicago.

philab
02-16-2009, 05:06 PM
This has to be one of the most dumbest opinions I have ever heard on this board.

I think he's pretty close there actually.

It would be ridiculous for a team to trade for Amare and establish him as the face of the franchise. Two reasons: first, any such team would necessarily be awful (see Kings, Grizzlies) as they don't already have a franchise player; and second, any such team is likely in front-office, coaching, and player turmoil.

Amare can learn defense -- he's certainly got the athleticism and size. Putting him on a bad team and letting him run wild would be terrible. He needs either a good coach or a star player to develop at this point. He'd work much better as a complementary player.

The comment you quoted was a little unfair to Rose. He's a 20 year-old PG -- some timidity is tolerable/expected.

Del Negro, however, is a bad coach. An his coaching style is NOT a fit for Amare.

And Chicago doesn't really play great defense.

Also, it's "dumbest" not "most dumbest." You probably want to get that one right before making such assertions again.

NYMetros
02-16-2009, 05:17 PM
If Amar'e goes to Cleveland, the Celtics have no shot at beating them.

philab
02-16-2009, 05:19 PM
If Amar'e goes to Cleveland, the Celtics have no shot at beating them.

I'd love for Cleveland to grab him, but it sounds like a 3rd team is necessary for it to work. Makes you wonder if any team would really be willing to help Cleveland out so much.

shortlunatic
02-16-2009, 05:20 PM
I think he's pretty close there actually.

It would be ridiculous for a team to trade for Amare and establish him as the face of the franchise. Two reasons: first, any such team would necessarily be awful (see Kings, Grizzlies) as they don't already have a franchise player; and second, any such team is likely in front-office, coaching, and player turmoil.

Amare can learn defense -- he's certainly got the athleticism and size. Putting him on a bad team and letting him run wild would be terrible. He needs either a good coach or a star player to develop at this point. He'd work much better as a complementary player.

The comment you quoted was a little unfair to Rose. He's a 20 year-old PG -- some timidity is tolerable/expected.

Del Negro, however, is a bad coach. An his coaching style is NOT a fit for Amare.

And Chicago doesn't really play great defense.

Also, it's "dumbest" not "most dumbest." You probably want to get that one right before making such assertions again.

No, I think YOU are wrong. I dont think any all-star starter needs anyone or anything to develop, he has already proven to be one of the greatest in the NBA. In Amare's case, he just needs personnal motivation, how can knowing that you have a point guard who cares for nothing more than to help the team annd make you look good not push you enough to let out your true potential. Putting him on the Bulls now allows the Bulls to run their franchise around Rose & Amare, and makes moves from their, like new supporting cast, coaching, etc. It all depends on how you look at business, and the Bulls have sucked for quite some time, and Aamre is the perfect start for a new look.

And bout my grammar, i can care less, im not writing an essay to get into harvard, im talkin to ppl on the internet in a message board and will never see you ppl in real life.

Fear_GAS_OLDier
02-16-2009, 05:36 PM
i hope he goes to chicago, to keep the balance of the nba (for the lakers lol)

Fear_GAS_OLDier
02-16-2009, 05:36 PM
lebron and amare? guarantees 2 things
1. championship
2. lebron stays in cleveland

chicago lulz
02-16-2009, 05:38 PM
i hope he goes to chicago, to keep the balance of the nba (for the lakers lol)

Here's to hoping!

philab
02-16-2009, 05:38 PM
No, I think YOU are wrong. I dont think any all-star starter needs anyone or anything to develop, he has already proven to be one of the greatest in the NBA. In Amare's case, he just needs personnal motivation, how can knowing that you have a point guard who cares for nothing more than to help the team annd make you look good not push you enough to let out your true potential. Putting him on the Bulls now allows the Bulls to run their franchise around Rose & Amare, and makes moves from their, like new supporting cast, coaching, etc. It all depends on how you look at business, and the Bulls have sucked for quite some time, and Aamre is the perfect start for a new look.

And bout my grammar, i can care less, im not writing an essay to get into harvard, im talkin to ppl on the internet in a message board and will never see you ppl in real life.

Chicago isn't really my prime example of a bad fit for Amare -- that would be Sacramento and Memphis.

That said, I don't think the Bulls are a great fit. Of course it would generate interest, but the Bulls are hardly lacking in fans. Rose and Amare could look great in a few years, but the trade wouldn't do much for Amare's development. I don't care how good he is, he can always develop further as a player. You may think he's a superstar, but right now he's clearly not the guy to lead a team to a championship.

The All-Star comment is dumb. First, starters are voted on by fans, so who cares? Second, we know Amare is good -- we're talking about where he'd fit best.

Yes, motivation could help Amare. But is Vinny Del Negro the coach to motivate him? No. Del Negro is about the worst fit possible for Amare.

And I don't care about your grammar -- just pointing out the irony in calling someone/something the "most dumbest."

cmstophe
02-16-2009, 05:43 PM
Broussard reported that Anderson Verajao is needed to complete the deal to Cleveland, and Ferry is reluctant to do that.

Ouch for Cavs fans.

nessa66666
02-16-2009, 05:53 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...tradeId=d9hwra

philab
02-16-2009, 05:54 PM
Broussard reported that Anderson Verajao is needed to complete the deal to Cleveland, and Ferry is reluctant to do that.

Ouch for Cavs fans.

Sort of a useless report from Broussard. Obviously Ferry's reluctant if the trade hasn't happened yet.

Reluctance is NOT the same as refusal.

I'd do Wally/AV/1st. Varejao is a FA here soon and we'd get to hang on to Hickson (who I like a lot -- still would trade him for Amare though). There's also been talk of Snow/AV/JJ/1st, but that would leave us with one less big which scares me. Maybe Wally could then be traded too, but that's a lot of turnover for an 11-loss team.

Fear_GAS_OLDier
02-16-2009, 05:54 PM

grammatically its i can't care less, or i couldnt care less
i can care less, means u do care a bit, also wrong are, btw also wrong is i could care less

Fear_GAS_OLDier
02-16-2009, 05:55 PM

Ouch for Cavs fans.

link?

Rockets Fanatic
02-16-2009, 05:56 PM
link?

ive heard that too, i think they are looking for a 3rd team also

Second City
02-16-2009, 05:59 PM
STAT will end up going to Chicago, at least I hope.

nessa66666
02-16-2009, 05:59 PM
Wonder Who would be the thrid team.

Rockets Fanatic
02-16-2009, 06:01 PM
Wonder Who would be the thrid team.

idk

shortlunatic
02-16-2009, 06:04 PM
Chicago isn't really my prime example of a bad fit for Amare -- that would be Sacramento and Memphis.

That said, I don't think the Bulls are a great fit. Of course it would generate interest, but the Bulls are hardly lacking in fans. Rose and Amare could look great in a few years, but the trade wouldn't do much for Amare's development. I don't care how good he is, he can always develop further as a player. You may think he's a superstar, but right now he's clearly not the guy to lead a team to a championship.

The All-Star comment is dumb. First, starters are voted on by fans, so who cares? Second, we know Amare is good -- we're talking about where he'd fit best.

Yes, motivation could help Amare. But is Vinny Del Negro the coach to motivate him? No. Del Negro is about the worst fit possible for Amare.

And I don't care about your grammar -- just pointing out the irony in calling someone/something the "most dumbest."

Well i say screw more development, hes good enough to pair with Rose now, and Rose will love to have a guy who he can dish the ball to, and know he is gonna finish. and i disagree, he can lead to a championship if he works with Rose, not by himself.

the all-star starter comment is just to make him sound better, the point is he is an all-star who deserves it

and if Del Negro is not the right coach for Amare, then dump him. it makes no sense to a keep a mediocre rookie coach and pass on possibly the best thing to happen to the bulls in this decade.

I guess you just look at things different than i do. In my eyes, the Bulls have a great opportunity to reciever a player that can change this franchise, and it would be a great way to start a new, and forget the horrible past 8 years that the Bulls had.

nessa66666
02-16-2009, 06:09 PM
Maybe the detriot or Kings could be the thrid team.

Rockets Fanatic
02-16-2009, 06:10 PM
I personally belive he would fit the cavs the most if not the Rockets then

philab
02-16-2009, 06:14 PM
Well i say screw more development, hes good enough to pair with Rose now, and Rose will love to have a guy who he can dish the ball to, and know he is gonna finish. and i disagree, he can lead to a championship if he works with Rose, not by himself.

the all-star starter comment is just to make him sound better, the point is he is an all-star who deserves it

and if Del Negro is not the right coach for Amare, then dump him. it makes no sense to a keep a mediocre rookie coach and pass on possibly the best thing to happen to the bulls in this decade.

I guess you just look at things different than i do. In my eyes, the Bulls have a great opportunity to reciever a player that can change this franchise, and it would be a great way to start a new, and forget the horrible past 8 years that the Bulls had.

I'm not saying Chicago shouldn't pull the trigger -- just that it's not best for Amare and that it wouldn't do too much for the Bulls.

I really doubt a Rose/Amare duo could ever win a championship. Maybe if their careers matched up better. Rose will take a few years and that might be too late for Amare. Another scorer would probably be necessary too.

nessa66666
02-16-2009, 06:35 PM
Espn and other News networks are saying AMARE is off the block.

chicagowhitesox
02-16-2009, 06:38 PM
yep. he'll help chicago a lot.

Rockets Fanatic
02-16-2009, 06:42 PM
Espn and other News networks are saying AMARE is off the block.

link?

nessa66666
02-16-2009, 06:43 PM
on the TV .
I havent been any links about it.
I say a report on ESPN eariler.

Rockets Fanatic
02-16-2009, 06:44 PM
this is gonna be a quiet deadline

Faneik
02-16-2009, 06:45 PM
Source: Chicago Tribune

"The Suns play at home Tuesday, the NBA trading deadline is Thursday, and even the roar that greeted Amare Stoudemire during Sunday's player introductions couldn't drown out the rumors surrounding the four-time All-Star.

"If my last home game is the All-Star starter here, that will be a great way to go out," Stoudemire said. "I turn every negative into a positive."

The Arizona Republic reported Sunday that Suns assistant Alvin Gentry would replace Terry Porter as coach at Monday's practice, and the growing sense now is Phoenix will keep Stoudemire."

Full Article (http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/chi-16-bits-nba-all-starfeb16,0,6748210.story)

chicago lulz
02-16-2009, 06:48 PM
Seems as the day goes on, Amare is more than likely to stay in Phoenix. I just hope the Bulls are on some episode of Punk'd right now and Ashton shows up at the United Center or something...

shortlunatic
02-16-2009, 10:00 PM
I'm not saying Chicago shouldn't pull the trigger -- just that it's not best for Amare and that it wouldn't do too much for the Bulls.

I really doubt a Rose/Amare duo could ever win a championship. Maybe if their careers matched up better. Rose will take a few years and that might be too late for Amare. Another scorer would probably be necessary too.

and I'm saying that it is your opinion. Me and many others think Amare will flourish in Chicago and become greater than he is now, because Rose likes to run as much as Amare does, and loves to pass. Amare's efforts offensively will help Rose, because he will have reliable player to dish the ball to down low. As a result, I think he will have at least 3-4 more assists a game.

I think Amare & Rose CAN win a championship, they would just need a solid supporting cast (something we would have to work on during the offseason).
I think you are fool to think Rose will take A FEW years to be effective with Amare, you obviously have not watched enough of him.

And about another scorer....how bout Ben Gordon?? Luol Deng???

And just to state, I am not biased, Ive been saying it since the news broke of Porter's status, i am bout 95% sure that Amare stays a Sun. I also wouldnt have minded him playing in Clevland (after his surprising comment about playin with LeBron). I think the Cavaliers would have become lethal and shut down the Lakers in the Finals. But again, I'm 95% sure Amare is not traded.

shortlunatic
02-16-2009, 10:01 PM
Seems as the day goes on, Amare is more than likely to stay in Phoenix. I just hope the Bulls are on some episode of Punk'd right now and Ashton shows up at the United Center or something...

lol, we can only hope :pray: