PDA

View Full Version : OT- LeBron entering dunk comp next year!

carruthers32
02-15-2009, 11:48 AM
Isn't that the most amazing news you have ever heard?!!

Ragun
02-15-2009, 11:58 AM
Like zomg yeah!

DaoudS
02-15-2009, 12:51 PM
probably the best thing to come out of last night.

I don't know if LeBron has enough creativity in the air like VC did, but hopefully it'll encourage other elite players to join it. Guys like Wade or something. Best of the best.

What I would do is have teams in the dunk contest. 1 NBA'er paired with 1 AND1 tour player.

More shats!
02-15-2009, 01:08 PM
Lebron is such a overated dunker.When has someone seen this guy do creative dunks?All i see him do is the same old dunk every single time.People shoud not get exited about him in the dunk contest in my opinion(Or maybe he does that to save his best dunks for the dunk contest?)Bu i am not impress with his Dunks.He will win because the competition will probably suck and the judges will make sure he gets to the finals where the fans will vote him the winner.I think they shoud trie to get Wade he seems to have more creativity when he dunks and the quiter will probably still school Lebron in the art of dunking even with his broken knees.

That is just my opinion.

ink
02-15-2009, 01:25 PM
He will be guaranteed the win just for entering ... like Dwight was last year.

More shats!
02-15-2009, 01:33 PM
^Yes he is the face of the NBA and they will not let him lose.His dunks will get big reactions because of who he is not for there quality.He will do this for attention the All-Star game is in a NFL stadium so they need to have a big attraction to fill that big arena.I dont think his dunks will live up to Hype.

td0tsfinest
02-15-2009, 01:34 PM
I don't know if Lebron has the creativity or the finesse to be a great competition dunker. My instinct says hes going to throw the ball up and jump as high as possible, thats how he won the high school dunk competition.

HoopsDrive
02-15-2009, 01:37 PM
LBJ, Wade, Smith and Iggy for next year... make it happen NBA!

blujaysrock
02-15-2009, 01:55 PM
LBJ, Wade, Smith and Iggy for next year... make it happen NBA!

I'm with you on that :clap:

conway429
02-15-2009, 02:07 PM
I don't know if Lebron has the creativity or the finesse to be a great competition dunker. My instinct says hes going to throw the ball up and jump as high as possible, thats how he won the high school dunk competition.

And maybe there's nothing wrong with that... if he jumps really high, adds in a little bit of flash, and throws it down with ridiculous power, then it'll be fun to watch.

You can't necessarily judge a player's performance in the dunk competition from his dunks in games. I'm sure Nate Robinson would never try to leap over Dwight Howard in a game. Lebron's a showman and I'm sure he'll think of something.

ramz.n
02-15-2009, 02:32 PM
Lebron James is an in game dunker..like Rudy Gay..he always pulls it back and touches the back of his headband before cramming it...i haven't seen him do anything but..it be great to see if he can tops Superman's 12+ foot dunk like last night

lorenz00
02-15-2009, 02:51 PM
Lebron James is an in game dunker..like Rudy Gay..he always pulls it back and touches the back of his headband before cramming it...i haven't seen him do anything but..it be great to see if he can tops Superman's 12+ foot dunk like last night

didnt you see lbj when he was in new york?

_Sn1P3r_
02-15-2009, 02:58 PM
Finally, LeBron decides to join this thing.

prodigy
02-15-2009, 03:02 PM
lebron is more of a power dunker. he has great hops and is very controled in the air. But not sure what he has in his pocket.

dirtybird
02-15-2009, 03:15 PM
The easy way to get the stars involved in the dunk contest is to award the winner something like $500K or $1M.

blujaysrock
02-15-2009, 03:25 PM
The easy way to get the stars involved in the dunk contest is to award the winner something like $500K or $1M.

aren't they getting enough all ready? Maybe they should win like 50 thousand donated to a charity of their choice.

LD V2.0
02-15-2009, 04:00 PM
Lebron is such a overated dunker.When has someone seen this guy do creative dunks?All i see him do is the same old dunk every single time.

The guy gets it done in games. How do game dunks prove anything? Iggy should have beat Nate a couple years back. BOTH those guys don't show boat on their dunks in games. Neither is athletic or remotely as gifted as LeBron James. Hell, Dwight Howard does the same old, highly effective dunks in games. I think you're way off base here. LeBron entering the Jam Competition is frickin' huge.

ramz.n
02-15-2009, 04:07 PM
didnt you see lbj when he was in new york?

ya..i saw him try the kobe move..where he pumps to get his defender in the air and does a spin closer to the basket and try to make it, but he got all backboard and failed to score.

More shats!
02-15-2009, 04:39 PM
The guy gets it done in games. How do game dunks prove anything? Iggy should have beat Nate a couple years back. BOTH those guys don't show boat on their dunks in games. Neither is athletic or remotely as gifted as LeBron James. Hell, Dwight Howard does the same old, highly effective dunks in games. I think you're way off base here. LeBron entering the Jam Competition is frickin' huge.

You can't compare in game dunks of Dwight(Who are off rebounds,put backs)to the the ones of Lebron(Who are on the fast break where he actualy has the chance to be creative and all he does is dunk the same way over and over again).I dont think is that huge that he is entering the dunk contest people love to get all hype up only to get disapointed.

magikmc
02-15-2009, 05:57 PM
A lot of you guys are saying he might lack the creativity or whatever, so he won't be that good in a comp. I think you're forgetting one key ingredient in being able to have creativity-hang time. Lebron can jump like he's on a trampoline, and with all that time in the air, it's not going to be too hard for him to come up with something creative. If you think about dwight howards dunks, they really weren't that flashy. He used his leaping ability combined with showmanship in props and stuff. Lebron has the same kind of leaping ability, and i think we all know he can be a showman too.

prodigy
02-15-2009, 06:01 PM
ya..i saw him try the kobe move..where he pumps to get his defender in the air and does a spin closer to the basket and try to make it, but he got all backboard and failed to score.

pretty sure kobe did not invent it.

dirtybird
02-15-2009, 06:52 PM
aren't they getting enough all ready? Maybe they should win like 50 thousand donated to a charity of their choice.

To put it nicely, almost all players are greedy.

LD V2.0
02-15-2009, 06:56 PM
You can't compare in game dunks of Dwight(Who are off rebounds,put backs)to the the ones of Lebron(Who are on the fast break where he actualy has the chance to be creative and all he does is dunk the same way over and over again).I dont think is that huge that he is entering the dunk contest people love to get all hype up only to get disapointed.

Yeah, I can. You missed the point completely. Both of them could be show boating all the time but its not their thing. They know they're the best in the world. Last time I checked NBA championships aren't decided by a panel of dunk judges on the sideline each and every game. Have you ever seen Magic Johnson or Michael Jordan out there showing off unnecessarily? How about Bill Russel and David Robinson? No, pretty much all of the all-time greats save that stuff for practice and pickup games. If LeBron actually does enter next year my money is on him. Strength, speed, agility, coordination, skill, all around athleticism, he has it all. He's not going to show up and throw down game dunks. That's just silly.

ramz.n
02-15-2009, 06:58 PM
pretty sure kobe did not invent it.

nowhere did i say kobe invented that move..i was simply saying they were both at MSG...and Kobe had a 61 pt night where he was spectacular..and Lebron James the next night tried to match what Kobe had accomplished but that one move stood out from the rest, i was only saying that was the kobe move because he successfully completed it and Lebron James from the same spot..the pumpfake..the spin but didn't finish.

HoopsDrive
02-15-2009, 07:15 PM
I'm with you on that :clap:

I wish the dunk contest extended their field to 5... the last year's champion, 2 of the current season's best dunkers, one rookie and one voted in by fans. Maybe it's just me but I feel that a field of 5 would take the competition up a notch :D

Mile High Champ
02-15-2009, 07:47 PM
What on earth are you people talking about. Lebron did some amazing things in the McDonalds high school all star game dunk contest a few years back. He is very creative, You can't judge what he can while watching him in a regular season game.. I know he can do it through the legs and I have also seen a video in high school where he went through the legs from the free throw line.. not kidding about that one..

dtmagnet
02-16-2009, 12:08 AM
Considering the guy does most of his dunks off of one foot I'm very excited to see what he can do.

carruthers32
02-16-2009, 02:38 PM

Are you serious? He is probably top 3 most creative guys in the league.