PDA

View Full Version : What Rudy had in stock for the final

Hellcrooner
02-15-2009, 10:13 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iU1GGYC5oM

Pity he got stolen his spot.

torontosports10
02-15-2009, 10:15 AM
I agree, he should have made it over Nate into the Final 2. I agree with Nate winning over Dwight in the final 2 tho.

Howard getting two 50's is horse **** also.

MiamiHeat
02-15-2009, 10:17 AM
Dwight Howard was getting tons of love,those dunks didn't deserve a 50

Rudy's dunk was a difficult dunk, even though he attempted many times he deserved more than he got

dgreat5000
02-15-2009, 10:42 AM
yea Rudy shoulda been in...I think they shoulda had more dunks...

stevefrancis
02-15-2009, 10:55 AM
how does dwight get a 50 on that dunk from outta bounds and windmill he tried 6 times but rudy tried what 8 times for that dunk with pau which was the best dunk in the entire contest. rigged crap i knew the nbdl dunk contest was gonna be better. even the horse game was better.

HiphopRelated
02-15-2009, 02:49 PM
If Rudy hit his dunk within 3 or so tries he would have been in

Nobody wants to watch you go OT attempting a dunk

_Sn1P3r_
02-15-2009, 02:53 PM
If he didn't take longer, he would've made it to the next round. That dunk in the vid was pretty sick.

Lionpride87
02-15-2009, 03:05 PM
That would have been nice to see

Lionpride87
02-15-2009, 03:05 PM
Fernandez got robbed. I bet it was staged so they could have "kryptonate vs superman" but howards dunks were not worth 50s in the first round.

QuaLiThADoN
02-15-2009, 03:08 PM
nates first dunk was retarted it gets me mad that because he is small he gets high scores pathetic... rudy's first dunk was better then nates

sacgiants1213
02-15-2009, 03:10 PM
Fernandez got robbed. I bet it was staged so they could have "kryptonate vs superman" cause howards dunks were not 50s in the first round.

Another thing david stern had to rig.

bullcubbear23
02-15-2009, 03:19 PM
how does dwight get a 50 on that dunk from outta bounds and windmill he tried 6 times but rudy tried what 8 times for that dunk with pau which was the best dunk in the entire contest. rigged crap i knew the nbdl dunk contest was gonna be better. even the horse game was better.
I think its because the judges wanted to see Dwight in the finals to see what he had in store for us, which ended up being nothing special. Rudy's dunk was the best. But I gotta say the KryptoNate was pretty ridiculous i dont know anyone else that's 5'9 that can jump over Superman 6'11 Dwight Howard

durtee
02-15-2009, 03:20 PM
Rudy definitely should have been in the finals and that dunk would have been sick. Nate should not have made the finals, both of his dunks were garbage and he probably should have been disqualified for jumping off someone's back. Dwight's first dunk was like a 45 not a 50. Hits hard not to give him a 50 on the 2nd dunk. Two handed dunk off a bounce on a 12ft rim, he just made it look too easy.

durtee
02-15-2009, 03:23 PM
I think its because the judges wanted to see Dwight in the finals to see what he had in store for us, which ended up being nothing special. Rudy's dunk was the best. But I gotta say the KryptoNate was pretty ridiculous i dont know anyone else that's 5'9 that can jump over Superman 6'11 Dwight Howard

That dunk was just ok for me. It had a ton of potential, but he grabbed Dwight's shoulder and pulled himself up and over. He won because of the whole kryptonate thing. Next year they need to take away Americas vote and just get good judges to judge each dunk.

GoatMilk
02-15-2009, 03:36 PM
That dunk was just ok for me. It had a ton of potential, but he grabbed Dwight's shoulder and pulled himself up and over. He won because of the whole kryptonate thing. Next year they need to take away Americas vote and just get good judges to judge each dunk.

doesnt matter who's in it with LeBron next year, he'll automatically win
LeBron could do layups and people like Kenny Smith will be saying how creative he is.

durtee
02-15-2009, 03:54 PM
doesnt matter who's in it with LeBron next year, he'll automatically win
LeBron could do layups and people like Kenny Smith will be saying how creative he is.

Your probably right. I hope that you are wrong and it is judged fairly, but something tells me that you are exactly right. I will probably just DVR the whole All Star weekend next year and watch it at my leisure instead of taking up an entire Saturday evening.

GoatMilk
02-15-2009, 03:58 PM
Your probably right. I hope that you are wrong and it is judged fairly, but something tells me that you are exactly right. I will probably just DVR the whole All Star weekend next year and watch it at my leisure instead of taking up an entire Saturday evening.

i know.
Bron's probably just gonna do MJ's dunks though

king4day
02-15-2009, 03:59 PM
man that woulda been a hell of a performaance had he done it.

KB24PG16
02-15-2009, 05:48 PM
rudy shouldve taken less time and he wouldve been in the final

Torque
02-15-2009, 05:56 PM
Rudy got robbed by the judges, no love at all.

He's gonna be good though, he just needs to get out of Portland.

djeller1139
02-15-2009, 06:05 PM
Dang. That dunk was sick. I can do that move with a soccer ball, but then to dunk it? Crazy...

NHock1120
02-15-2009, 06:18 PM
I know^^. I was waiting for Stern to come out and feel up Dwight's enormous chest lol

Hoopsadvocate
02-15-2009, 06:21 PM
I also feel Rudy got robbed a little especially compared to the ratings other guys got (JR and some of Nates) Dwights were a little lack luster except for the side of the backboard dunk. I just don't get how howard gets a 50 for a dunk he attempted like what 3-4 times and rudy gets penalized for it. He should have at least went to the next round and if he would have pulled this dunk off the stadium would have went crazy this is some NBA live stuff right here. Hes the only one doing creative dunks not just putting on a costume or doing the same old jumping over people dunks. I hope he gets another chance next year.

elnino9
02-15-2009, 06:38 PM
rudy definately got robbed. he deserved way more than what he gopt and shouldve advanced oper nate.

dwight only got two 50s because there way s much hype with him that it blinded the judges.

and it was rigged. honestly, how many casual fans want to see someone they probably never heard of in the finals of the dunk contest?? rudy never had a chance even though he shouldve been there.

and that dunk he wouldve of done would have been so sick.

NYKnickFanatic
02-15-2009, 06:45 PM
That wasnt even Rudy...

HoLLyWooD PLK
02-15-2009, 06:47 PM
Its Not Rigged You fools ...

If he would not have had pau go from behind the back then maybe he wouldve gotten a 50, but that was completely unnecessary and since he kept tryin the same dunk of course his score was lower than it couldve been

and what usually gets the high ratings, is the ones where the CROWD ERUPTS, the crowd didnt give two ***** about rudy fernandez

elnino9
02-15-2009, 06:52 PM
Its Not Rigged You fools ...

If he would not have had pau go from behind the back then maybe he wouldve gotten a 50, but that was completely unnecessary and since he kept tryin the same dunk of course his score was lower than it couldve been

and what usually gets the high ratings, is the ones where the CROWD ERUPTS, the crowd didnt give two ***** about rudy fernandez

that exactly my point. maybe rigged is not the right word but its predetermined. the judges are going to give the highest scores to the most hyped dunkers (hence dwight getting two 50s for dunks that were not).

Kyle N.
02-15-2009, 07:07 PM
I know^^. I was waiting for Stern to come out and feel up Dwight's enormous chest lol

:laugh:

GarlicStench
02-15-2009, 07:12 PM
Rudy? He dunked like you'd expect a guy name Rudy to dunk!

Ragun
02-15-2009, 07:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXDpF4LeOrs&feature=related funny ****. sounds like borat lmao.

King Henrik
02-15-2009, 07:19 PM
the whole ordeal was stupid. Rudy was probably the best but they need to re-do the entire system so the judges can just be oooh snap that was the **** when dwight does something completely unimpressive.

Ragun
02-15-2009, 07:24 PM
yeah rudy got robbed on the 2nd dunk.

lakerboy
02-15-2009, 07:26 PM
Wow awesome dunk man. I felt yesterday Rudy had the best dunk of the night. He should have made it in the finals.

thedfactor
02-15-2009, 07:37 PM
If Rudy hit his dunk within 3 or so tries he would have been in

Nobody wants to watch you go OT attempting a dunk
I'm not sure that's the case, because if so why did Nate win his first time?? He took like 20 tries to complete that one dunk which seemed queer after so many attempts. He was the reason that put time limit. LOL

CityofTreez
02-15-2009, 07:47 PM
I can't believe you guys. Howard dunked 13-15 feet above the rim. Dwight Howard did show his full potential by doing that ridiculous dunk easily. N.Robinson didn't even jump over D.Howard without hitting Howards head