PDA

View Full Version : Bad News

Hellcrooner
02-15-2009, 06:30 AM
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-38-177/The-NBA-Story-No-One-s-Talking-About.html

I hate relocations.

Well i hope at least they are headed to any of their previous places like kansas or Cincinatti, that way it wouldnt be so bad.

I would really HATE if they where sent to Seattle, since sonics and Kings are BOTH historic ffranchises and shoulndt have their historys merged....

Trouble87
02-15-2009, 06:59 AM
it said they might move them to San Jose or Anahiem

at least the Kings will stay in Cali... would be so bad to see the Anahiem Kings

this team has moved three times so its not shocking... team had a good 34 year run in Sac town... hopefully Kings fans arent too pissed

whitekimbo
02-15-2009, 07:38 AM
hopefully Kings fans arent too pissed

wut kings fans?

ha.

NYKnickFanatic
02-15-2009, 07:40 AM
Too early to read.
Are the Kings moving?

_Supreme_
02-15-2009, 08:21 AM
I thought the Kings fan base has always been solid and they usually sell out the arena?

If thay have that and still can't get a deal done it's pretty messed up Imo.

Trouble87
02-15-2009, 08:28 AM
wut kings fans?

ha.

zing! the whitekimbo with the K.O. (ouch king fans)

I thought the Kings fan base has always been solid and they usually sell out the arena?

If thay have that and still can't get a deal done it's pretty messed up Imo.

I dont think they have sellouts anymore... I don't think things have been the same since Bibby left and i'm pretty sure ticket sales were no where as good as when they had C Webb, Bibby, Christie, Peja, and Vlade on the same team (loved that kings team)

Hellcrooner
02-15-2009, 08:33 AM
They have good fans, yes they may clash with us since the Webber years but they are good fans anyway and have gone on cheering for the team now it is not that good, that its alwasy a good thing and talks well about them.

Its a back stab to move a team when it has a loyal fan base.

hotdogbun
02-15-2009, 10:50 AM
cant wait for dereks reaction

TheChosenOne88
02-15-2009, 12:46 PM
I'd rather see the Kings move to Vegas

Catfish1314
02-15-2009, 01:12 PM
This article doesn't mean they're definitely moving. But I wouldn't be surprised if they did. Beyond the court, ARCO Arena is an absolute dump.

Kyle N.
02-15-2009, 04:15 PM
The Kings have a couple bad years after a bunch of good ones and everybody freaks out. Let's move the Knicks because they had some bad years and people booed them at the games. They obviously don't want the franchise. Hopefully Knicks fans aren't too pissed... but yeah, I would be pissed, and the Kings have plently of fans. They'll probably be good again in a couple years anyway. The whole thing is stupid. Just build the ************* arena.

sacgiants1213
02-15-2009, 04:18 PM
this is absolute BS if we move. So sad that the Kings were selling out every year and now no one is coming to the games.

Wilson
02-15-2009, 04:26 PM
If anyone should move to Anaheim, it's the Clippers...I'm sure they could be more succesful there...

homestarunner93
02-15-2009, 04:26 PM
Los Vegas Kings

GoatMilk
02-15-2009, 04:30 PM
I used to live in Sacramento for a year back in 01(yeah Lakers swept their *****)
anyways, they LOVE their kings like crazy up there. I would hate to see the Kings move man

cali72888
02-15-2009, 04:32 PM
Yup Its the Maloofs, they will try as hard as they can to bring the Kings to Las Vegas.

The Kings stadium is by far the biggest piece of **** in the world, they need to demolish that waist of space.

sacgiants1213
02-15-2009, 04:35 PM
Yup Its the Maloofs, they will try as hard as they can to bring the Kings to Las Vegas.

The Kings stadium is by far the biggest piece of **** in the world, they need to demolish that waist of space.

that wouldn't surprise me at all.

god damnit just get a ****ing deal done and stay in SAC!!!!!!!!

Kyle N.
02-15-2009, 04:48 PM
The Maloofs said they want the Kings in Sacramento. They know Sacramento will support the Kings but who wants to support the Kings the way they've been playing? I do, but I'm one of the few. They just need to get better and I think this upcoming draft will start to change that.

extreme k.closs
02-15-2009, 04:49 PM
I will go ape **** on the palms if the the kings relocate

extreme k.closs
02-15-2009, 04:50 PM
But if they were to move it most likely would be to Vegas

BallersUnited
02-15-2009, 05:10 PM
I'd rather see the Kings move to Vegas

Yea Boi

abe_froman
02-15-2009, 05:19 PM
I used to live in Sacramento for a year back in 01(yeah Lakers swept their *****)
anyways, they LOVE their kings like crazy up there. I would hate to see the Kings move man

yeah they do,they have a pretty loyal fan base,though when i was there it was waning alot,but still big

oldenpolynice
02-15-2009, 05:35 PM
I've been a Kings fan since I was five years old (that's 20 years of rooting for this team!). Even though they're horrible, I watch nearly every game in the hope that somehow they'll get better.

I can't stand the idea that this move is actually a possibility. It makes me want to throw up.

With that said, Henry at True Hoop is hyping up the drama a bit. There's still the proposal from Cal Expo (a big local venue) coming up on Feb. 27. The deadline for relocation proposals is only two days later (March 1). That's just a two day difference.

I'm keeping hope alive!

Baller1
02-15-2009, 05:43 PM
I've been a Kings fan since I was five years old (that's 20 years of rooting for this team!). Even though they're horrible, I watch nearly every game in the hope that somehow they'll get better.

I can't stand the idea that this move is actually a possibility. It makes me want to throw up.

With that said, Henry at True Hoop is hyping up the drama a bit. There's still the proposal from Cal Expo (a big local venue) coming up on Feb. 27. The deadline for relocation proposals is only two days later (March 1). That's just a two day difference.

I'm keeping hope alive!

Sorry to be negative, but hope never helps much. We hoped, and got spit in the face.

Raps08-09 Champ
02-15-2009, 05:51 PM
I wanna see Las Vegas Kings.

And maybe Vancouver. I don't really think going to Vancouver is a place to relocate a historic team but they would get alot of sellouts and a big fan base with all former Vancouver Grizzly fans and the rest of Canadians who aren't big raps fans would watch a new team in Vancouver

oldenpolynice
02-15-2009, 05:54 PM
I wanna see Las Vegas Kings.

And maybe Vancouver. I don't really think going to Vancouver is a place to relocate a historic team but they would get alot of sellouts and a big fan base with all former Vancouver Grizzly fans and the rest of Canadians who aren't big raps fans would watch a new team in Vancouver

Vancouver?! That's a horrible idea! If the Kings leave Sac for Vancouver, I will officially never watch another of their games EVER again. Not if they have the best player in the NBA, not if they make the Finals, not ever.

sacgiants1213
02-15-2009, 05:57 PM
I'm pretty confident that we're not gonna move to canada.

Raps08-09 Champ
02-15-2009, 06:05 PM
I know that going to Vancouver sucks but I'm just saying that if the NBA wants more fans but they can't move to Europe yet, might as well get some Canadian fans.

And If they moved to Vancouver, they would have a bigger fanbase with all the former Grizzley fans and rest of Canada watching too.

I know they won't move here or i don't think they shoulod but if Maloof wants to make more money, they gotta go to a place where people would go watch.

abe_froman
02-15-2009, 06:11 PM
I know that going to Vancouver sucks but I'm just saying that if the NBA wants more fans but they can't move to Europe yet, might as well get some Canadian fans.

And If they moved to Vancouver, they would have a bigger fanbase with all the former Grizzley fans and rest of Canada watching too.

I know they won't move here or i don't think they shoulod but if Maloof wants to make more money, they gotta go to a place where people would go watch.

it didnt work to well the first time around(van)what makes you think it would be different now?

Kyle N.
02-15-2009, 06:27 PM

People will watch here, but nobody is going to watch a team that sucks. They aren't going to get magically better if they move.

raptors_fanatic
02-15-2009, 06:39 PM
Mayb u can call them "California Kings" and let them play in either city....now i know ur thinking oo that's a state not a city......however, correct me if im wrong because im Canadian and i don't know US state's that well but dont the Minnesota timberwolve's play in Minneapolis........think about it, California kings sounds way better than anything, and u wont have 2 take away the name kings from the "historic franchise"

Kyle N.
02-15-2009, 06:53 PM
Mayb u can call them "California Kings" and let them play in either city....now i know ur thinking oo that's a state not a city......however, correct me if im wrong because im Canadian and i don't know US state's that well but dont the Minnesota timberwolve's play in Minneapolis........think about it, California kings sounds way better than anything, and u wont have 2 take away the name kings from the "historic franchise"

That's not the problem. I don't care if they change their name to the Mexican Jumping Beans. I want them to stay in Sacramento.