PDA

View Full Version : WTF was Rudy Fernandez trying to prove?

stawka
02-15-2009, 01:39 AM
OK... So you bring in your teammate in the Dunk Contest for one dunk -- so he brings in Pau Gasol.I don't care if he's apart of your National Team or you had an affair with him a couple of years ago. There's no reason for that.

First he puts on someone's Jersey that nobody has even heard of,then he brings in Pau as a "teammate". It was bad enough he took 40 attempts before he got anywhere, but to bring in a player from another team just because he is the same race as you is just pathetic. You're in the NBA - DEAL WITH IT!

It's not about race, it's not about democracy or any of that politic BS -- it's about putting on a show for the fans. Instead of using Brandon Roy (who is the best player on their team and also a point guard that can pass), he brings on a 7-footer that is the front-runner in the Western Conference because he is of the same background?

Try and fit in with the league you idiot. Tony Parker has done it, Ginobili has done it, Barbosa has done it... All the Euro's have done it. Does this clown want to be an outsider?

And by the way, i'm not hating or anything like that. I think he was robbed and was given pathetic scoring by the judges - but maybe the little pre-dunk exhibition he put on for everybody already got the judges against him. :rolleyes:

gcoll
02-15-2009, 01:43 AM
He's probably friends with Gasol, and Martin is probably a player he respects.

Jeez. Settle down.

but maybe the little pre-dunk exhibition he put on for everybody already got the judges against him
The thing was rigged. Dwight had his superman cape, Nate brought a green outfit.

It was predetermined who would be in the final.

VCaintdead17
02-15-2009, 01:44 AM
Dude, shut up. What do you want people to say? "Yea screw him for showing respect to his own nation and trying something different." He probably had the best dunk of the night with Pau assisting him.

NYKnickFanatic
02-15-2009, 01:45 AM
OK... So you bring in your teammate in the Dunk Contest for one dunk -- so he brings in Pau Gasol.I don't care if he's apart of your National Team or you had an affair with him a couple of years ago. There's no reason for that.

First he puts on someone's Jersey that nobody has even heard of,then he brings in Pau as a "teammate". It was bad enough he took 40 attempts before he got anywhere, but to bring in a player from another team just because he is the same race as you is just pathetic. You're in the NBA - DEAL WITH IT!

It's not about race, it's not about democracy or any of that politic BS -- it's about putting on a show for the fans. Instead of using Brandon Roy (who is the best player on their team and also a point guard that can pass), he brings on a 7-footer that is the front-runner in the Western Conference because he is of the same background?

Try and fit in with the league you idiot. Tony Parker has done it, Ginobili has done it, Barbosa has done it... All the Euro's have done it. Does this clown want to be an outsider?

And by the way, i'm not hating or anything like that. I think he was robbed and was given pathetic scoring by the judges - but maybe the little pre-dunk exhibition he put on for everybody already got the judges against him. :rolleyes:

Dude, I dont know if this is on point, but he was the first Spaniard to come to the NBA and he died in a car crash, so Rudy was just showing his respect for him. Be easy man.

Also, whats the big deal if he brought in Pau?
One year Josh Smith brought in Kenyon Martin.
Oh no, they are not on the same team! :speechless:
What is going to happen!? Big deal man. Pau is his boy. No problem.

Mile High Champ
02-15-2009, 01:48 AM

You are beyond ignorant, no offense to americans, but sometimes, some of you need to realize that everyone does not need to be like you, its always better to be a multicultural society rather than everyone marching to the same beat. Dont be ignorant, there is nothing wrong with what Rudy did... Its amazing how prejudice you are!

LakerKB24Fan
02-15-2009, 01:48 AM

Jeez. Settle down.

The thing was rigged. Dwight had his superman cape, Nate brought a green outfit.

yeah I noticed that too, how the hell did little nate knew he was advancing when he didn't even know the score :shrug: right after his 2nd dunk he immedietly went out and all the announcers were like, Did he get injured?...

elnino9
02-15-2009, 01:49 AM

Jeez. Settle down.

completely agree. he had absolutely no shot however good he was, and the dunk with gasol was sick and deserved much higher that what it got.

i dont mind him wearing the martin shirt or using gasol.

lakerboy
02-15-2009, 01:49 AM
You said it yourself,,.. it was about putting up a show for the fans.

Rudy Fernandez caters to the Spanish fans. That also explains the Martin jersey.

EDIT: And yeah, I agree to most people here. His dunk was awesome.

stawka
02-15-2009, 01:50 AM
Clearly they say BRING A TEAMMATE! Not a national figure. FFS next we'll see people bringing in the president of their country. It appears some of you guys are a little sensitive or on your period. If we're going to have people crying over the topic, close the thread.

fairandbalanced
02-15-2009, 01:50 AM
Hey, it's his dunk. Get over it.

cubsfreak19
02-15-2009, 01:51 AM

This honestly is one of the stupidest things i have seen posted on these message boards. How ignorant can you be? The jersey he had on was significant to him and his country. So what who passed the ball to him? He has played with Gasol for much longer than Roy. Maybe he thought Gasol would be able to give him a better pass. They are both probably really good friends.

carter15
02-15-2009, 01:52 AM
ya...y u hating on rudy....he was actually one of the bright spots of the night imo....and had the best dunk of the night also..

and can ppl stop saying its rigged?!?!?!?! theyre not gonna rig a dunk competition...the judges were just bad...and lik many ppl do...they overate things that big names do...and since no1 heard of a guy lik rudy fernandez he doesnt get as high a score...its not rigging the competition..its just human nature for some ppl to think that way.

ARMIN12NBA
Clearly they say BRING A TEAMMATE! Not a national figure. FFS next we'll see people bringing in the president of their country. It appears some of you guys are a little sensitive or on your period. If we're going to have people crying over the topic, close the thread.

They are best friends. Shut the **** up. And you are clearly ignorant about the whole situation with Martin.

stawka
And to the clown that said "You Americans"... I'm actually Australian.

So yes, all this coming from an unbiased standpoint. Bring in a teammate to help you on a dunk.If you want to start with favoritism, pick a player of another team that is of the same background - it gives the judges an excuse favor against you - as the case today

NYKnickFanatic

Sounds like you are the only one crying.

"He wore a jersey no one ever heard of." :cry:
"He brought Pau and not a teammate." :cry:

:laugh2:

Mile High Champ

If you want people to be ignorant and prejudice towards people not from the united states, then close this thread!

carter15
yeah I noticed that too, how the hell did little nate knew he was advancing when he didn't even know the score :shrug: right after his 2nd dunk he immedietly went out and all the announcers were like, Did he get injured?...

after his dunk he had the most pts with only dwight left so he was guarenteed a spot.

VCaintdead17
02-15-2009, 01:53 AM

Seriously whats your problem, is it that big of a deal? You tell people to stop crying,THIS IS A THREAD OF JUST YOU COMPLAINING ABOUT STUFF THAT DOESNT MATTER.

cubsfreak19
02-15-2009, 01:54 AM

Yes a team mate! Rudy and him are team mates! On the Spanish national team!

carter15
02-15-2009, 01:55 AM
and i also think it SHUD be a teammate...i mean thats the point of it...its not a big deal tho...but someone brought up a good pt on how one day itll be the president whose the "teammate" and with how ppl r always looking for new props and stuff it wudnt surprise me if a player used someone very famous.....so i think it shud stick to teammates or just simply any NBA player.

cubsfreak19
02-15-2009, 01:56 AM
and i also think it SHUD be a teammate...i mean thats the point of it...its not a big deal tho...but someone brought up a good pt on how one day itll be the president whose the "teammate" and with how ppl r always looking for new props and stuff it wudnt surprise me if a player used someone very famous.....so i think it shud stick to teammates or just simply any NBA player.

Again they are teammates.. on the spanish national team... he has known Pau a lot longer than anyone on the Trail Blazers..

stawka
02-15-2009, 01:59 AM
If you want people to be ignorant and prejudice towards people not from the united states, then close this thread!

I'm not from the United States - hence the part where I mentioned "I'm not from the United States."

Basically it goes to show that i'm unbiased and just speaking from what I saw. Like I said earlier, if some of you sensitive princesses are going to cry over a harmless thread like this - lock it up and give me an infraction.

SpaceCadet
02-15-2009, 02:00 AM
He can do whatever he pleases u fukin idiot

BrizzleBear
And to the clown that said "You Americans"... I'm actually Australian.

So yes, all this coming from an unbiased standpoint. Bring in a teammate to help you on a dunk.If you want to start with favoritism, pick a player of another team that is of the same background - it gives the judges an excuse favor against you - as the case today

That explains it.

King Henrik
O
i thought his dunks were much better than they were scored in relation to the competitions. he shoulda scored better. but idk how you can say you arent hating ur entire post is hate until this last sentence. and how can his little pre-dunk exhibition be bad because he is recognizing a spanish legend yet the hole phone booth **** isnt bad? ********. racist judges. it was all fixed to have KryptoNate vs Dwight in the finals. and Dwight sucked.

greg_ory_2005
02-15-2009, 02:01 AM
Rudy had the best dunk in that contest.

thedfactor
02-15-2009, 02:01 AM
You are simply overreacting. Calm down.

Kyle N.
02-15-2009, 02:06 AM

You have a problem with him using Pau Gasol but no problem with Dwight Howard bringing in another hoop on a forklift, raising it to 12ft and then going into a phone booth to put on a superman cape?

Torque
Wow you got destroyed dude

carter15
Again they are teammates.. on the spanish national team... he has known Pau a lot longer than anyone on the Trail Blazers..

yes...but thats lik a joke thing to say...i no they are...but in the rules it says use a teammate...and im sure they dont mean anyone whose ever been on the same team as u in any basketball game....its not a big deal and i dont rly have a problem with it..but i just hope players dont start taking advantage of it and bringing in really famous ppl.

Kyle N.
02-15-2009, 02:09 AM
yes...but thats lik a joke thing to say...i no they are...but in the rules it says use a teammate...and im sure they dont mean anyone whose ever been on the same team as u in any basketball game....its not a big deal and i dont rly have a problem with it..but i just hope players dont start taking advantage of it and bringing in really famous ppl.

The rules probably don't say you can bring in another rim to dunk on. Does Dwight's dunk not count because it wasn't on the official rim?

stawka
02-15-2009, 02:09 AM
OK i'll state EVERYTHING again so the slower people can comprehend what i'm trying to get at.

1 - I'm from Australia and have no affiliation with America/Spain... so I have no love or hatred, nor do I favor either of them.

2 - Rudy was robbed. He had the best dunk but was given the worst score (I think). His one dunk alone should have put him over the top. JR was garbage, Nate cheated on 2, and Dwight set the standard TOO high last year so we expected more.

3 - I said this from the start. "If Dwight doesn't win it, I want Rudy to win."

4 - The only thing I didn't like was the fact that he brought in someone outside of the Portland organization when it clearly says "Teammate". This does not mean, national team. It does not mean an ex-teammate. It does not mean the president of your country, and it does not mean Britney Spears.

5 - I thought it was an insult to America knowing that of all the players on the Portland squad that carry him every day (especially Roy who also happens to be a point guard that CAN PASS VERY WELL). I always see people on these forums crying and complaining about "the America way" and people crying all over TV when there is a shooting in the US or they show footage of 9/11, one outside of America would assume that when someone favors a person of his own race over 15 others within an organization, it is an insult to America as a whole.

6 - I will repeat... I AM NOT HATING.

7 - If some of you princesses are a little too sensitive or have your period, close this thread

Have I made it clear enough for the people who are a few sandwiches short of a picnic?

Big Zo
02-15-2009, 02:10 AM

What you really need to be asking yourself is "Who gives a ****?"

brevinknight
02-15-2009, 02:10 AM
Hey ummm Rudy asked Sergio Rodriguez, his team mate on the blazers and the spanish team but serg said he would rather go on a vacation that go through the hoopla of the all star weekend. Stop throwing a fit, theres no problem at all with what Rudy did.

Kyle N.
02-15-2009, 02:13 AM
5 - I thought it was an insult to America knowing that of all the players on the Portland squad that carry him every day (especially Roy who also happens to be a point guard that CAN PASS VERY WELL). I always see people on these forums crying and complaining about "the America way" and people crying all over TV when there is a shooting in the US or they show footage of 9/11, one outside of America would assume that when someone favors a person of his own race over 15 others within an organization, it is an insult to America as a whole.

I didn't find it insulting. Take race out of the picture. He was just using a friend. JR Smith did the same thing with Kenyon Martin and I had no problem with that either. If it's against the rules they should do something about it. But honestly, it doesn't bother me.

Torque
02-15-2009, 02:14 AM
OK i'll state EVERYTHING again so the slower people can comprehend what i'm trying to get at.

1 - I'm from Australia and have no affiliation with America/Spain... so I have no love or hatred, nor do I favor either of them.

2 - Rudy was robbed. He had the best dunk but was given the worst score (I think). His one dunk alone should have put him over the top. JR was garbage, Nate cheated on 2, and Dwight set the standard TOO high last year so we expected more.

4 - The only thing I didn't like was the fact that he brought in someone outside of the Portland organization when it clearly says "Teammate". This does not mean, national team. It does not mean an ex-teammate. It does not mean the president of your country, and it does not mean Britney Spears.

7 - If some of you princesses are a little too sensitive or have your period, close this thread

Have I made it clear enough for the people who are a few sandwiches short of a picnic?
Who gives a flying **** if he didn't bring in a teammate. From what I've read, Rudy and Pau are good friends.

And if the NBA really cared about the rules for the dunk contest, they would've not allowed Pau to be his partner.

carter15
02-15-2009, 02:16 AM
The rules probably don't say you can bring in another rim to dunk on. Does Dwight's dunk not count because it wasn't on the official rim?

well the rules dont say u CANT bring another rim in lol....u cant have a rule for everything u can do...just what u cant....and again i dont have a problem with him bringin in pau...im just worried players will bring in all these famous ppl one day just as this generation of dunk contests is all about props.

lakerboy
02-15-2009, 02:17 AM
^^It was actually announced earlier that Pau was gonna accompany Rudy. They probably were given permission by the ASG organizers

njnets88
02-15-2009, 02:17 AM
sry if i mised som1 sayin it but we all chose rudy in dunk contest. i personally did not vote him in but majority rules n we must live wit it. nba shoulda known he would bring nuttin 2 the table

carter15
02-15-2009, 02:18 AM
sry if i mised som1 sayin it but we all chose rudy in dunk contest. i personally did not vote him in but majority rules n we must live wit it. nba shoulda known he would bring nuttin 2 the table

nobody is really complaining that he was in it..besides the odd person here and there.....he actually brought the best dunk of the night imo.

stawka
02-15-2009, 02:18 AM
OK out of this whole thread, there has been a total of 3 people who didn't swear, abuse me, cry, kill themselves. It was a harmless thread, and some of you clowns turned it into a warzone and made me sound like i'm racist towards everything outside of 'my people'.

Close the thread this is ridiculous

Big Zo
02-15-2009, 02:19 AM

Why don't you write an angry letter to David Stern then? He, like the rest of us, apparently didn't give a **** either.

TheShock45
02-15-2009, 02:20 AM

you do know there friends ******* right????

did you give these speeches when nate robinson used spudd webb or when josh smith used kenyon martin???? were you whining and b!tching that they did it because there black ??? probly not sooo im pretty sure your the racist not rudy fernandez

stawka
02-15-2009, 02:21 AM
Dude you've given us 2 posts, each is a 1-liner that means nothing. Leave the thread, close your account, kill yourself

stawka
02-15-2009, 02:22 AM
you do know there friends ******* right????

did you give these speeches when nate robinson used spudd webb or when josh smith used kenyon martin???? were you whining and b!tching that they did it because there black ??? probly not sooo im pretty sure your the racist not rudy fernandez

Read my other posts deadshit, i'm from AUSTRALIA..... Not racist, I HATE Nate Robinson. I Don't like JR Smith.

Do you people actually read? Or just look at the thread title and cut your wrists because you're burning inside?

cubsfreak19
02-15-2009, 02:23 AM

They weren't team mates at one time they still are. When the Spanish national team plays in another tournament they will still be together.. it's not like Rudy got traded to team Canada. I don't know how its a big deal even if Pau isn't on his team? lol. It's not like it was Rudy's dad or something.. Pau is still a player.

Kyle N.
well the rules dont say u CANT bring another rim in lol....u cant have a rule for everything u can do...just what u cant....and again i dont have a problem with him bringin in pau...im just worried players will bring in all these famous ppl one day just as this generation of dunk contests is all about props.

I'm perfectly fine with what Dwight did, I was just trying to make a point. They rules should allow only NBA players to assist you. I don't care if they are on the same team. Say you get traded a couple days before the contest. Then what would you do?

SJSHARKIES

Wow you my friend are a total douchebag. Your thread is plain out stupid. Gasol is from the same country as he is and they are really good friends, that should explain why Gasol is passing the ball to him. As far as the jersey, he is paying homage and respect to the first Spanish player in the NBA. It's a sign of respect. He isn't trying to stick out you idiot, he is just proud of who he is, nothing wrong with that.

Torque
02-15-2009, 02:24 AM
Dude you've given us 2 posts, each is a 1-liner that means nothing. Leave the thread, close your account, kill yourself

To tell someone kill yourself over some stupid argument is just ridiculous. You should be banned

SJSHARKIES
02-15-2009, 02:24 AM
This has to be one of the stupidest thread I have ever seen.

cubsfreak19
02-15-2009, 02:25 AM
This has to be one of the stupidest thread I have ever seen.

Agreed. lol

Big Zo
02-15-2009, 02:25 AM

And your ********/pointless little thread means something? Get real. It's not our fault, nor is it Rudy Fernandez's fault that your koala wife left you on valentine's day so don't take it out on us.

stawka
02-15-2009, 02:27 AM
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO @ some of you people. HAHAHAHAHA. OK if i'm banned for this thread, that's no worries. It was a simple and harmless thread, where some of your mothers breast-fed you for too long and you're too soft.

UNBELIEVABLE. Close the thread, lock it up, ban me for all I give a flying ***!

ARMIN12NBA
02-15-2009, 02:28 AM
Read my other posts deadshit, i'm from AUSTRALIA..... Not racist, I HATE Nate Robinson. I Don't like JR Smith.

Do you people actually read? Or just look at the thread title and cut your wrists because you're burning inside?

You are the one who is extremely upset and going crazy over a non-issue. So what that he brought his idol's jersey and his best friend to work with him. Truthfully, I would have done the same thing if I was in Rudy's shoes.

Incublime24
02-15-2009, 02:28 AM
[QUOTE=stawka;8377126]OK i'll state EVERYTHING again so the slower people can comprehend what i'm trying to get at.

so?? that doesnt give any validation to what you are saying.

yeah and rudy's best dunk of the night came with pau gasol passing it to him, so who cares?

again, so??

rudy fernandez probably got most of his votes from spanish fans in america and abroad. so why not appease those fans by using another spaniard in the dunk contest when it is an event that is supposed to be fun and is supposed to be for the fans (allll fans, not just americans) also, you are upset that he put on a jersey of the first spanish player ever to play in the nba, but you didnt care that dwight went and put on a super man cape, and nasty nate went and put on his green outfit and got a green basketball??

i think you are the only one who took it as an insult to america. i think everybody else was fine with it, and im sure spanish people all around the world were very pleased to see pau and rudy working together and having fun.

just because you say youre not hating doesnt mean you arent. i think its pretty clear to all of us that you are.

7 - If some of you princesses are a little too sensitive or have your period, close this
really??? you are the one who started this thread to ***** about a bunch of stuff that wasnt even a big deal. then, you get overly defensive when people disagree with you. i think you need to take a seat in the corner, princess.

ARMIN12NBA
02-15-2009, 02:29 AM
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO @ some of you people. HAHAHAHAHA. OK if i'm banned for this thread, that's no worries. It was a simple and harmless thread, where some of your mothers breast-fed you for too long and you're too soft.

What is your problem? It wasn't harmless. You used words like "WTF" and "political BS." You were over the top and you shouldn't expect the people to reply calmly; anything but over the top would not have been an appropriate response to your exclamation.

Big Zo
02-15-2009, 02:31 AM

It's really easy to call someone soft when you're hiding behind your computer...

ARMIN12NBA
02-15-2009, 02:32 AM
Answer this stawka: If you had the chance to be in a contest of some sort, would you not want to put on a jersey of your idol and have your best friend work with you? If you say you would not then you are a liar. I am pretty sure everybody would absolutely love to work with their best friend and praise their idol.

jmoney23
Ignorant...if you were doing a tribute to someone you respected, you wouldn't want people to show such disrespect, especially if they mean so much to you. It doesn't matter how well-known someone is...and for Rudy, showing respect for the first Spanish player in the NBA is classy and meaningful...would you really care what people thought when you show your respect for someone? FIO....

stawka
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAA AAAAAAAAAHAH. sTILL GOING???

ARMIN12NBA
02-15-2009, 02:33 AM

Answer my post(s).

amare#1
02-15-2009, 02:33 AM
Yeah chillout man, not a big deal. Who cares.

cubsfreak19
02-15-2009, 02:34 AM

Doesn't it tell you something when everyone on this thread... thinks you are an idiot. I mean that should tell you something.. but hey what NBA team do you have out there in Australia?

Big Zo
02-15-2009, 02:34 AM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAA AAAAAAAAAHAH.

That must be the noise you make when your boyfriend ****s you in the ***.

ARMIN12NBA
02-15-2009, 02:35 AM
Yeah chillout man, not a big deal. Who cares.

Exactly. Complete non-issue. He got to hang out with his best friend and praise his idol. There is no reason to hate, be mad, or degrade Rudy Fernandez for doing something that, quite frankly, most of us would do.

ARMIN12NBA
02-15-2009, 02:36 AM

:laugh:

JayAllDay
02-15-2009, 02:36 AM
Bring a teammate can mean bring your assistant equipment coordinator like Reggie said...
Teammate as in somebody who would help you with the dunk? Besides, who cares?

His dunk was nasty, and his tribute to Martin was very nice of him but at the same time MAYBE he should have given it more hype like hold up a sign that read "R.I.P Martin 1962-1989" with Martin's picture. If you want to get down to the nitty gritty then maybe Howard shouldn't even have won last year. He didn't touch rim so maybe it should be laughed at the same way Darrell Armstrong's "I'm out of gas" dunk turned layup got laughed at. People were obviously getting antsy with every miss and he did run out of time. Howard and Nate came super prepared while Rudy and Pau had to figure out where to bounce the ball off the backboard after time ran out. Everybody knew what was gonna happen. Pau Gasol doing a behind the back was hilariously horrendous. Bill Russell was hiding his face and the announcers were giving Rudy crap about being unprofessional. By the time he made it, you almost wanted something more.

Was it fair?
Call a WAAAAAmbulance it's a show. boo hoo

Bring a teammate for real or this happens
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yy3eUYlUU8

stawka
02-15-2009, 02:37 AM

No. That's the noise your mother makes when I ram half my leg up her loose ***. Don't get personal buddy. This is the problem with this place. If you want to get personal, send me a private message. Don't sit here and be a hero

IRUAM #21
02-15-2009, 02:39 AM
that must be the noise you make when your boyfriend ****s you in the ***.

lmaooooooo!!!!!!!!!

ARMIN12NBA
02-15-2009, 02:39 AM
No. That's the noise your mother makes when I ram half my leg up her loose ***. Don't get personal buddy. This is the problem with this place. If you want to get personal, send me a private message. Don't sit here and be a hero

Hypocrisy?

stawka
02-15-2009, 02:42 AM
Yeah. Hypocrisy because there's 20 people being hero's in front of everyone on a main thread. If you want to get personal, send me a private message. I made this thread not to fight with everyone, but it's obvious a few people lost a bet or two today and are pretty pissed off about it

Big Zo
02-15-2009, 02:42 AM

A lame "Your momma" joke? What are you stuck in 1993? And how am I being a "hero"? All I'm doing is owning a complete ******.

cubsfreak19
02-15-2009, 02:43 AM
Yeah. Hypocrisy because there's 20 people being hero's in front of everyone on a main thread. If you want to get personal, send me a private message. I made this thread not to fight with everyone, but it's obvious a few people lost a bet or two today and are pretty pissed off about it

I'm a big fan of hero's. Not a big fan of you.