PDA

View Full Version : Best Rookie on the court last night?

METS4LIFE1988
02-14-2009, 11:24 AM
Brook Lopez. :D

http://assets.espn.go.com/nba/allstar2009/lineup/rookie.html

MilfHunter07
02-14-2009, 11:30 AM
beasley

phlp_bj
02-14-2009, 11:31 AM
mayo. wade just played beasley more cause their teammates

Draco
02-14-2009, 11:37 AM
Selfish play and stupidly wild shots are the norm in these types of games.

ATX
02-14-2009, 11:38 AM
Beasley!!

jrodmesche
02-14-2009, 11:39 AM
B-easy

McJoe
02-14-2009, 11:46 AM
the best rookie was Beasley, easily. He scored the most points in similar minutes to Mayo, Gasol, and Gordon and its not like Wade just ran all the plays for him because he shot 50% from the field. He had a good game and this really isnt a discussion...

IndyRealist
02-14-2009, 11:47 AM
Beasley was horrible for most of the game, he turned it on late after they blew their lead. Nothing but trash points. Brook Lopez is the best rookie in this class over 6'5", and had the best overall play in his limited minutes. Eric Gordon was the model of efficiency, he's going to be a monster. Westbrook was amazing early. Why they went away from the Westbrook/Lopez combo is beyond me.

fins08
02-14-2009, 11:49 AM
beezy

ShaunRiching9
the best rookie was Beasley, easily. He scored the most points in similar minutes to Mayo, Gasol, and Gordon and its not like Wade just ran all the plays for him because he shot 50% from the field. He had a good game and this really isnt a discussion...

since when were you an NBA fan Mcjoe? bu thats cool

but i agree beasley was that best with 29 points and woulda had 32 had the last second 3 counted

METS4LIFE1988
beasley
No.

mayo. wade just played beasley more cause their teammates
Exactly, Beasley played 33 minutes, while Brook played 17.

Selfish play and stupidly wild shots are the norm in these types of games.
Exactly, Brook Lopez is not a selfish player.

Beasley!!
No.

B-easy

And no.

jkiddvc20
02-14-2009, 11:51 AM
Brook did play great last night and MARK MY WORDS give him 2 more years he will be a 20 10 guy and in the ASG.

METS4LIFE1988
02-14-2009, 11:53 AM
Beasley was horrible for most of the game, he turned it on late after they blew their lead. Nothing but trash points. Brook Lopez is the best rookie in this class over 6'5", and had the best overall play in his limited minutes. Eric Gordon was the model of efficiency, he's going to be a monster. Westbrook was amazing early. Why they went away from the Westbrook/Lopez combo is beyond me.

Perfectly said.

indians
02-14-2009, 11:53 AM
best rookie was

Eric Gordon he didnt take as many shots as beasley every time beasley had ball he shot brook lopez if not first he is second

SwaggaIke
02-14-2009, 11:56 AM
Lopez definitely isn't the best rookie in the class over 6'5. He's a damn good ball player, but he won't even be mentioned in the same breath as Beasley as early as next season. The Eric Gordon talk is also ridiculous, how many times did he bounce the ball off his own legs in this game? He really pissed me off as I was rooting for the rookies. I think Marc Gasol probably had the best game on both sides of the court. Low post scoring, rebounding and he stopped multiple oops.

METS4LIFE1988
02-14-2009, 12:00 PM
Lopez definitely isn't the best rookie in the class over 6'5. He's a damn good ball player, but he won't even be mentioned in the same breath as Beasley as early as next season. The Eric Gordon talk is also ridiculous, how many times did he bounce the ball off his own legs in this game? He really pissed me off as I was rooting for the rookies. I think Marc Gasol probably had the best game on both sides of the court. Low post scoring, rebounding and he stopped multiple oops.

:laugh2:

Yeah because Beasley is the next Tim Duncan and Brook is the next Darko.

EX-TREME
02-14-2009, 12:00 PM
lopez was pretty good

MiamiHeat
02-14-2009, 12:09 PM
No.

Exactly, Beasley played 33 minutes, while Brook played 17.

Exactly, Brook Lopez is not a selfish player.

No.

And no.

everybody has their own opinions
don't need to say NO to everybody that doesn't agree with you.

If you're going by the grades then Marc Gasol and Brook Lopez both had A-
so they both were the best rookies on the court last night.

My pick is Beasley

Is funny how if the Rookies would of won, nobody would be saying he took horrible shots but would be praising him for scoring tons like they are doing with Durant

Rique
02-14-2009, 12:16 PM
everybody has their own opinions
don't need to say NO to everybody that doesn't agree with you.

If you're going by the grades then Marc Gasol and Brook Lopez both had A-
so they both were the best rookies on the court last night.

My pick is Beasley

Is funny how if the Rookies would of won, nobody would be saying he took horrible shots but would be praising him for scoring tons like they are doing with Durant

no because Durant didn't miss shots like Beasley

Eric Gordon
Brook Lopez

had the best game IMO

Angels-Bills
02-14-2009, 12:25 PM
swaggaike like your (props to elements) is the referees in the super bowl an element. i give you the regular season and the playoffs but super bowl the steelers got all the calls

IndyRealist
02-14-2009, 12:30 PM

You were upset about Gordon, but not all the horrible shots that Beasley jacked up? He didn't even have to make them, just NOT SHOOT, and the rookies would have won. He got trash points at the end of the game when the sophs were already way in the lead and the rooks gave up.

DRE'-MAC
02-14-2009, 12:31 PM
Eric Gordon 8 shots- 19pts

Jay22Redd
02-14-2009, 12:33 PM
It was either Lopez or Westbrook.

Panzer133
02-14-2009, 12:38 PM
Marc gasol!

MiamiHeat
02-14-2009, 12:38 PM
It was either Lopez or Westbrook.

really?
If you guys wanna talk about missed shots talk about Westbrook
he missed like 2 or 3 easy layups or more

Ragun
02-14-2009, 12:42 PM
brook lopez is a beast. im a raptors fan and im scared to face him in the near future.

IRUAM #21
02-14-2009, 12:42 PM
swaggaike like your (props to elements) is the referees in the super bowl an element. i give you the regular season and the playoffs but super bowl the steelers got all the calls

:crazy:

jim51990
02-14-2009, 12:43 PM
you guys are hilarious beasley played very well in my opinion will end up being the best of the rookies when he learns shot selection but lopez played good but if your just gunna hate on be easy say it was gordon

astrosmaniac
02-14-2009, 12:45 PM
Eric Gordon 8 shots- 19pts

thats amazing, at most he missed 3 shots

DrDEADalready
02-14-2009, 01:18 PM
Kosta ****ing Koufus.

philab
02-14-2009, 01:20 PM
Lopez, Gordon, and Gasol (except for all those fouls) all had better games than Beasley. A case could be made for Fernandez too.

Beasley looked pretty bad (2-9 FG, I think) at first but started pouring it on in garbage time. So whatever. Give the guy credit for 29 points, but that hardly means he had the best game.

From what we've seen so far, the only rookies with star potential are Lopez, Rose, and Westbrook -- in that order. Mayo and Gordon look like they could be great scorers, but I don't see the superstar/championship-leading player in them (see Redd, Arenas). Beasley is a classic tweener: too small for PF and not athletic enough for SF. He's got a good shot, a few moves, some hops, and is [was] a good rebounder, but I don't see more than a 3rd option on a playoff team there.

MiamiHeat
02-14-2009, 01:25 PM
the haters for Beasley just keep coming

Westbrook star potential? lol
Lopez is going to be a really good Center but star potential?

wow........

Kyben36
02-14-2009, 01:36 PM
I didnt see it, what hapened to Rose. He had some assist but I guese having talented players on his team makes him score less.

philab
02-14-2009, 01:37 PM
the haters for Beasley just keep coming

Westbrook star potential? lol
Lopez is going to be a really good Center but star potential?

wow........

Have you seen them play more than just last night? Westbrook has drawn comparisons to your beloved Dwyane Wade, by the way. Is Wade a star?

And if you don't think they have star potential, tell me, does Beasley?

Say something more than just calling everyone haters. Why would I hate Beasley? The kid is a few years younger than me -- it seems a little strange for me to go out of my way to "hate on" someone younger than me and of such little significance. How about telling me why I'm wrong instead of calling me a hater?

If you don't see the star potential in Lopez, you don't know basketball.

JerzeyFresh
02-14-2009, 01:51 PM
i didnt watch the end of the second half who won and who was MVP?

Kakaroach
02-14-2009, 02:00 PM
I thought it was Beasley lol. But it figures that he has even more haters now lol. I dunno why every1 is giving Beasley all of this criticism.

IndyRealist
02-14-2009, 02:02 PM
Sophs came back in the fourth and won, Durant was the MVP with like 47pts, a rookie/soph record.

Saying someone played better isn't critizing Beasley. Brook Lopez DID play better. So did Gordon. Beasley got most of his points in trash time, and he did almost bring the rooks back. Almost. But they could have blown the game open in the first three quarters if he wasn't jacking up horrible shots. Now THAT's criticism ;)

Westbrook's going to be a monster, OKC's future is bright.

Kakaroach
02-14-2009, 02:16 PM
Thats true lol. Westbrook is probably one of the most athletic PGs' in the NBA, if not the most athletic. And yea, Eric Gordon is going to be a scoring machine lol.

LayZbone
02-14-2009, 02:37 PM
I was impressed with the Spaniards. Gasol and Rudy.

dee279
02-14-2009, 03:08 PM

Westbrook was amazing? He missed about 5 or 6 layups

astrosmaniac
02-14-2009, 03:09 PM
amazing EARLY is what he said

aloysius8
02-14-2009, 03:17 PM

Uhhhh.... what?:confused:

WadeCounty
02-14-2009, 03:19 PM
so many beasley haters, you guys really have to stop reading all that non sense these idiots post about him and actually see himplay for yourselfs your just going along with the crowd

MiamiHeat
02-14-2009, 03:22 PM
so many beasley haters, you guys really have to stop reading all that non sense these idiots post about him and actually see himplay for yourselfs your just going along with the crowd

that's what I'm thinking

there's no point of arguing is their own opinion I guess :shrug:

WSbluejays
02-14-2009, 03:29 PM
suprised OJ mayo didnt start.

JRisdabest
02-14-2009, 03:33 PM
No doubt it was eric gordon

philab
02-14-2009, 03:34 PM

First, I've seen him play many times.

Second, doesn't it say something when "the crowd" thinks he's about 5th at best in terms of rookies? "The crowd" also thinks Damon Jones sucks *** -- is "the crowd" wrong there too?

Come up with something besides just calling everyone haters.

WadeCounty
02-14-2009, 03:49 PM
that's what I'm thinking

there's no point of arguing is their own opinion I guess :shrug:

yeah ima follow your advice, in 1-2 years when another topic related to this popsup again i'll just call everyone band wagoners for criticizing on beasley then saying how awesome he is

_Supreme_
02-14-2009, 03:57 PM
Why are so many people always obsessed with "the best" and "my guy is better than your guy" :rolleyes:

I like Beasley and I like Lopez and Westbrook and Mayo and Fernandez, and I'm starting to like Gordon too after initially not thinking much of him.

I just like to watch a (basically exhibition) game like that and enjoy all of them play, and I honestly don't give a damn which one had the best night.