PDA

View Full Version : Revisiting the Battier for Gay Rockets/Grizz trade

KB24PG16
02-14-2009, 04:20 AM
looking back at the trade i think that memphis got the better end of the deal. gay couldve replaced mccgrady and he couldve been expandable after the draft. rockets fans do u regret the trade

KobeIs
02-14-2009, 04:23 AM
oh man i didnt even remember that trade.

lol i thought u meant they just made that trade

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
02-14-2009, 04:33 AM
Yeah I forgot about this, nice.

I have to agree not sure how you couldn't. Gay would have certainly helped with Tmac getting hurt all of the time.

theimortalone
02-14-2009, 04:35 AM
oh man i didnt even remember that trade.

lol i thought u meant they just made that trade

Lol that is exactly what I was thinking! I hate how threads can be so misleading! :rolleyes:

JSHAPE
02-14-2009, 04:40 AM
haha wow, its 2:40 in the morning, and my eyes light up, and the misleading title made me awake again, gosh darn it

KB24PG16
02-14-2009, 05:42 AM
my bad guys

fredv
02-14-2009, 05:57 AM
Yeah we regret it...

Hellcrooner
02-14-2009, 07:21 AM
It didnt help the Grizz in any way.

It broke the core that had been to the playoffs the previous three years, disrupted the chemistry ( Battier was Paus best friend)

And he started ballhogign and demanding the ball as if he was chief, that disgruntled pau and decided to leave.

They made two **** of seasons with him and ha ha ha very nice, he gets rid of gasol thinks he will be the go to guy and they Land OJ mayo, HAhAhAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Gay = Future Antoine Walker.

Mark My words.

KnicksorBust
02-14-2009, 02:37 PM
Yeah, turned out pretty even in my opinion.

astrosmaniac
02-14-2009, 02:50 PM
gay would have been AT BEST the 3rd option on the rockets, so he wouldnt have developed the way he did in memphis. if you read that article denbutsu posted, youll see just how valuable battier is

IndyRealist
02-14-2009, 03:05 PM
It didnt help the Grizz in any way.

It broke the core that had been to the playoffs the previous three years, disrupted the chemistry ( Battier was Paus best friend)

And he started ballhogign and demanding the ball as if he was chief, that disgruntled pau and decided to leave.

They made two **** of seasons with him and ha ha ha very nice, he gets rid of gasol thinks he will be the go to guy and they Land OJ mayo, HAhAhAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Gay = Future Antoine Walker.

Mark My words.

Wow. I completely agree with Hellcrooner. Completely. Somebody shoot me. :smoking:

Shane Battier is one of the most underrated players in the league. Here's the link to the previously mentioned article:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/15/magazine/15Battier-t.html?_r=3&ref=magazine&pagewanted=all

jetsfan28
02-14-2009, 04:17 PM
I think the Raptors got the better end. It was a trade that could've made them an immediate championship contender if it weren't for the many injuries to Yao and T-Mac, Gay wasn't nealry ready to do that as a rookie, he probably still isn't now, maybe he never will be.

I think it will help the Grizz in the long run, simply because that core, while good enough to get them into the playoffs, wasn't good enough to go any farther. Now, they have Gasol (and, if you're only considering that trade, that could've been Pau, although I think Marc will end up being the better center), Conley, Mayo, Gay, Lowry that's a good young group to build around.

YankeeFan89
02-14-2009, 04:33 PM
At the time it fit the Rockets system, but now =X

Lakers09
02-14-2009, 04:48 PM
100% fair trade worked out for both teams

IndyRealist
02-14-2009, 05:38 PM
At the time it fit the Rockets system, but now =X

If they don't want Battier, the Pacers'll take him. :smoking: