PDA

View Full Version : Thunder Looking To Deal Watson; Eyeing Amare?

phlp_bj
02-13-2009, 06:44 PM
The Thunder have reportedly entered the Amare Stoudemire sweepstakes, and are also looking to find a taker for reserve point guard Earl Watson.

Oklahoma City has the proper mix of expiring contracts, draft picks and young talent to acquire from Phoenix.

Meanwhile, Watson is making $6.2 million this season and will earn $6.6 million in 2009-10.

http://newsok.com/okc-thunder-salary-cap-101/article/3345470?custom_click=pod_lead_nba-thunder

aaron0l
02-13-2009, 06:50 PM
http://newsok.com/okc-thunder-salary-cap-101/article/3345470?custom_click=pod_lead_nba-thunder

sorry..no chance

lakersrock
02-13-2009, 06:50 PM
That would make them scary. The one thing they need is a beast in the paint. He doesn't bring any bit of D, but he brings a ton of scoring they don't have.

lakersrock
02-13-2009, 06:51 PM
sorry..no chance

Hahaha. Phoenix will trade him anywhere that will give them what they want.

greg_ory_2005
02-13-2009, 06:52 PM
Watson...:laugh2:

phlp_bj
02-13-2009, 06:52 PM
if okc gets blake griffin in the draft, watch out.

PG: Russell Westbrook
SG: Kevin Durant
SF: Jeff Green
PF: Blake Griffin
C: Chris Wilcox

phils07
02-13-2009, 07:08 PM
false. the thunder will not get Blake Griffin in the draft. it would be a mistake. chris wilcox is an expiring contract which they will not renew. Kevin Durant is a Small Forward and that wont change. If anything the thunder will either draft Thabeet or Harden...or trade the pick. Drafting griffin makes no sense even tho hes good. are u then gona trade green?

it would be best for them to draft thabeet. they have Zero defensive presence and centers are hard to come by. Thabeet should get consideration for player of the year and will be a good to possibly great center in the NBA simply because of his defense. harden wouldnt be a bad route either, providing more scoring and completely entrenching their 1-4 spots only needing a center. westrbook, harden, durant, green, Center is a great lineup. but so is with thabeet and some 2 guard.

the one thing they shouldnt do is draft griffin.

phlp_bj
02-13-2009, 07:11 PM
thabeet is a good pick also. they cant go wrong with drafting griffin or thabeet.

Torque
02-13-2009, 07:19 PM
thabeet is a good pick also. they cant go wrong with drafting griffin or thabeet.

Yeah I agree

I think OKC is gonna be a pretty decent team next season, they have $28M in expiring contracts this off season. Maybe they'll make a run at Boozer if they don't get Amare.

THE MTL
02-13-2009, 07:22 PM
PG: Westbrook
SG: Green
SF: Durant
PF: Amare
C: Thabeet

OMG! They would make the playoffs with that team

HOZ THE KNICK
02-13-2009, 07:24 PM
they don't have the pieces to get amare who are they going to trade durant and green.

Torque
02-13-2009, 07:32 PM
they don't have the pieces to get amare who are they going to trade durant and green.

If the Suns are rebuilding, OKC has a lot of expiring contracts that would help them.

phlp_bj
02-13-2009, 07:36 PM
i still see them accepting the bulls offer in the end

LayZbone
02-13-2009, 07:37 PM

Durant is obviously untouchable. It would take Jeff Green and a couple expirings. Amare/Durant/Westbrook = holy crap.

phlp_bj
02-13-2009, 07:39 PM
amare would never resign back with the thunder though

b_rad23
02-13-2009, 07:44 PM
I'd give up Green and expirings if I were them. Then they are a SG and a C away from being a great team. If they could get a Raja Bell type guy to man the 2 and a Camby type guy to man the middle, they'd be contenders.

That is, if they add even just a mediocre bench, which, from what I can see, would be a big task.

_Sn1P3r_
02-13-2009, 07:44 PM
Don't see it happening. Thunder would be pretty sick in the future though.

lakersrock
02-13-2009, 08:20 PM
amare would never resign back with the thunder though

...and you know that how? He would get to take a ton of shots and would make max money. The question isn't why would he resign, but why WOULDN'T he? He would get everything he wants in OKC.

On the they don't have enough....BS. Jeff Green is playing PF for the Thunder, that makes him expendable when getting Amare back. The trade would be Green, a ton of expirings and a 1st I'd assume. That's a much better deal than anyone else would give them, because Green is playing like a beast at POWER FORWARD. He can play from SG-PF.

Westbrook
Terrence Williams (1st)
Durant
Amare
Hasheem Thabeet (1st)

(They have three firsts, so it works.)

You honestly think he would turn down a max deal on that team? He'd be the only scorer in the post and would get to pad his stats.

JSHAPE
02-13-2009, 08:36 PM
Dont the Thunder have 5 first round picks in the next 2 years? And a bunch of expirings, Thunder will be a good team in the near future

Crooks&Castles
02-13-2009, 08:44 PM
amare not gettin traded

lakersrock
02-13-2009, 08:51 PM
Dont the Thunder have 5 first round picks in the next 2 years? And a bunch of expirings, Thunder will be a good team in the near future

I'm not sure about next year, but this year, they have their's, Denver's and Phoenix's.

mgsports
02-13-2009, 09:20 PM
How do you know he's not getting traded?

zambo4president
02-13-2009, 09:29 PM
No chance

mtgphenom
02-13-2009, 09:29 PM
If the thunder are involved it will be as the 3rd team giving up a bunch of expirings to gain picks or young players back. green is playing great right now, why would they trade him for a guy who doesn't play defense and who could sign else where in 2 years. the thunder are rebuilding though the draft and using trades to gain more picks to do so

theimortalone
02-13-2009, 09:31 PM
Suns All-Star Amare Stoudemire offered a forecast for next Thursday afternoon. When the trade deadline hits, he said there is a 60 percent chance that he will remain in Phoenix.

"I do see them keeping me," Stoudemire said during All-Star Game players' media availability today at the downtown Sheraton. "It's possible. I'm leaning more toward 60-40. I'm thinging they'll keep me 60 (percent) and not 40 (percent)."

Stoudemire called the trade speculation a "low blow" today. At times, he said the Suns' consideration on trading him is financially motivated. But he also said that he did not understand what is going on with the Suns fielding offers because he is improving in his prime (age 26), planning on playing 15 more seasons in the NBA.

"I'm trying to figure out what the focus is," Stoudemire said. "I thought I was always the future of the franchise and we were trying to win a championship here. It doesn't seem that way anymore. I don't know what to expect from the front office. From a currency standpoint, they're trying to cut back on money. They want players with expiring contracts and draft picks. That lets you know that they're not trying for a blockbuster trade."

www.azcentral.com