PDA

View Full Version : Heat vs. Bulls Draft Over Again

Pages : [1] 2

heatfan06
02-13-2009, 12:02 PM
I was talking in the Bulls forum and this crazy Bulls fan thinks that most people would take Rose over Beasley and Chalmers.

So i want to know, would you take the Bulls Draft (Rose) over the Heat's Draft (Chalmers and Beasley)

effen5
02-13-2009, 12:03 PM
BTW this guy also thinks Wade is hands down better then Kobe

really? please go ask that question in the nba forum, please do.

kobe is not hands down better than wade. he isnt even better than wade. sure kobe scores a lot. but he has much more around him and he doesnt even get more assists than him. d wade is a better defensive player and a better passer and rebounder. not to mention wade is a MUCH better passer.

Wade_County
02-13-2009, 12:04 PM
:hide:

Raps08-09 Champ
02-13-2009, 12:06 PM
lol at Wade being better than Kobe

heatfan06
02-13-2009, 12:06 PM

i never said wade is hands down better than kobe. i said kobe isnt hands down better than wade. good try w/ that reading comprehension though genius

Draco
02-13-2009, 12:07 PM
Rose, Lopez, Westbrook, Mayo.... then Beasley.

heatfan06
02-13-2009, 12:08 PM

ok, but this isnt about beasley vs rose. it is about beasley and chalmers vs rose

jim51990
02-13-2009, 12:09 PM
For the long run id take beasley himself over rose but him and mario clearly
But for wade being better then kobe no
But lebrons better then both of them

effen5
02-13-2009, 12:09 PM
LOL So this is about if Rose better then 2 first round picks?

heatfan06
02-13-2009, 12:10 PM
LOL So this is about if Rose better then 2 first round picks?

chalmers would be a 2nd round pick. good try though

effen5
02-13-2009, 12:11 PM
Oops my bad

Sox Appeal
02-13-2009, 12:14 PM

I would put Kevin Love ahead of Beasley at this point too. Either way though, I don't think there's any question about who had the better draft. Rose has already shown he has the potential to be an All-Star, and he'll probably end up as one of the best players in the game in a few years. The same can't be said about Michael Beasley.

heatfan06
02-13-2009, 12:17 PM
I would put Kevin Love ahead of Beasley at this point too. Either way though, I don't think there's any question about who had the better draft. Rose has already shown he has the potential to be an All-Star, and he'll probably end up as one of the best players in the game in a few years. The same can't be said about Michael Beasley.

this league is about depth and most great teams have great depth. the heat got 2 starters in one draft. both with all star potential. this isnt a 1 on 1 choice

LayZbone
02-13-2009, 12:17 PM
Basically, if the Heat had ended up w/ Rose at #2.....they wouldn't have drafted Chalmers in the 2nd round (and no one else in the 2nd round even compares). So did it work out for the better? Two top 10 rookies or the top rookie?

heatfan06
02-13-2009, 12:19 PM
Basically, if the Heat had ended up w/ Rose at #2.....they wouldn't have drafted Chalmers in the 2nd round (and no one else in the 2nd round even compares). So did it work out for the better? Two top 10 rookies or the top rookie?

exactly. id take the 2 top 10 rookies.

chicagowhitesox
02-13-2009, 12:20 PM
easily the bulls. rose is a once in a lifetime player. one head to head matchup means nothing.

Pierzynski4Prez
02-13-2009, 12:20 PM
Why are you trying to compare 1 player to 2. Doesn't make sense. Were the bulls supposed to trade down to get 2 players and that would make them better? Is that the point?

LayZbone
02-13-2009, 12:23 PM
Why are you trying to compare 1 player to 2. Doesn't make sense. Were the bulls supposed to trade down to get 2 players and that would make them better? Is that the point?

Put it in this context.....subtract Beasley and Chalmers from the Heat, and add Rose. What effect does that have?

heatfan06
02-13-2009, 12:23 PM

no. some guy in the bulls forum said that he would rather have rose than chalmers AND beasley. which would be ********.

Sox Appeal
02-13-2009, 12:26 PM
Put it in this context.....subtract Beasley and Chalmers from the Heat, and add Rose. What effect does that have?

The Heat are a better team. :shrug:

effen5
02-13-2009, 12:27 PM

:clap:

heatfan06
02-13-2009, 12:28 PM

the heat would be much worse with rose instead of chalmers and beasley.

urlachermess
02-13-2009, 12:30 PM

considering ur a heat fan you would say that....but yea the heat had an amazing draft but Rose is Rose he will be a mess that ur gonna want on ur team

ugottabjoshinme
02-13-2009, 12:30 PM
no. some guy in the bulls forum said that he would rather have rose than chalmers AND beasley. which would be ********.

i would rather have rose than beasly and chalmers. its a pretty easy decision for me too. if beasly and chalmers were on the bulls the bulls would be worse than they are now. chalmers is an average point guard who fits well next to wade because wade commands the ball a lot.

ugottabjoshinme
02-13-2009, 12:31 PM

only because rose is not a good fit for them. rose and wade both need the ball in their hands to be real effective.

Chicagofaithful
02-13-2009, 12:35 PM
mario chalmers does not have star potential... he has potential to be like a mike bibby (this year). No better..... ROse over B easy and Chalmers

Bulls4Lyfe
02-13-2009, 12:48 PM
mario chalmers does not have star potential... he has potential to be like a mike bibby (this year). No better..... ROse over B easy and Chalmers

Chalmers and Bibby?..Not a good comparison at all given the fact that Chalmers actually plays defense. Chalmers might not have star potential, but if he can be Rajon Rondo with 3 pt range, I'd be happy.

As good as Rose is, a Rose-Wade backcourt just is not as efficient as a Chalmers-Wade backcourt. Chalmers complements our superstar much better than Rose could have.

It's funny though, how Rose was the guy that the experts thought would need time to develop and how Beasley was the guy who was supposed to come in right away and take the NBA by storm.

I think Spo is doing a great job with Beasley. The guy needs a tight leash, but he's learning and, I believe, has more room to grow than Beasley.

With that said, I think Rose fits best with the Bulls and Chalmers/Beasley fit best with the Heat. Worked out, I guess.

ugottabjoshinme
02-13-2009, 12:50 PM
Chalmers and Bibby?..Not a good comparison at all given the fact that Chalmers actually plays defense. Chalmers might not have star potential, but if he can be Rajon Rondo with 3 pt range, I'd be happy.

As good as Rose is, a Rose-Wade backcourt just is not as efficient as a Chalmers-Wade backcourt. Chalmers complements our superstar much better than Rose could have.

It's funny though, how Rose was the guy that the experts thought would need time to develop and how Beasley was the guy who was supposed to come in right away and take the NBA by storm.

I think Spo is doing a great job with Beasley. The guy needs a tight leash, but he's learning and, I believe, has more room to grow than Beasley.

With that said, I think Rose fits best with the Bulls and Chalmers/Beasley fit best with the Heat. Worked out, I guess.

exactly

but for the original OP, if you would redo the draft. Would the bulls take chalmers and beasly over rose. not a chance

Southsideheat
02-13-2009, 12:51 PM
Rose is a once in a lifetime player. You take him over Beasley and Chalmers who are not.

WadeCounty
02-13-2009, 12:51 PM
beasley + chalmers is a no brainer, what I find funny is how they keep saying their rookie is doing this and their rookie is doing that but their rookie aint in a playoff contending team like beasleys LOL

Southsideheat
02-13-2009, 12:54 PM
beasley + chalmers is a no brainer, what I find funny is how they keep saying their rookie is doing this and their rookie is doing that but their rookie aint in a playoff contending team like beasleys LOL

Jordan wasn't on a playoff team for years. You make a lot of sense. :clap:

heatfan06
02-13-2009, 12:54 PM
Rose is a once in a lifetime player. You take him over Beasley and Chalmers who are not.

rose is a once in a lifetime player? hahahah. there are quite a few once in a lifetime players then arent there?

zeppelin6601
02-13-2009, 12:55 PM
I don't know why people are trashing on Beasley for not being STATISTICALLY on par with the other rookies. I mean he has the luxury of being eased into the game. Plus, the coaches are making sure that he learns all of the important aspects of the game like defense, unlike the other guys people are praising right now as they are essentially being told to carry the team (might now be entirely true with Lopez and Nets, but certainly true with Mayo and Rose).

There's also the fact that countless all-star PF's of the past at his age didn't do any better their rookie year (C-bosh, Jermaine Oneal, Randolph, KG, Al Jefferson, Dirk). So before we go and say crap like "Beasley's a bust" (I believe Bill Simmons actually said that on his most recent article), take into consideration that he is young and he's got a lot of time to improve. That being said I pick Beas and Chalmers.

Southsideheat
02-13-2009, 12:57 PM
rose is a once in a lifetime player? hahahah. there are quite a few once in a lifetime players then arent there?

stastically he is the most athletic player in NBA history, look it up. His skillset is already progressing at 19-20 years old. Yes, he is a once in a lifetime player.

heatfan06
02-13-2009, 12:57 PM
Jordan wasn't on a playoff team for years. You make a lot of sense. :clap:

jordan was on a playoff team for 5 out of his first 6 seasons. and that is before the 3 peat.

you make a lot of sense. :clap:

heatfan06
02-13-2009, 12:58 PM
stastically he is the most athletic player in NBA history, look it up. His skillset is already progressing at 19-20 years old. Yes, he is a once in a lifetime player.

how can someone be statistically athletic?

effen5
02-13-2009, 01:00 PM

Well give us Wade, and we'll see if you guys are on a playoff contending team then...

Southsideheat
02-13-2009, 01:01 PM
jordan was on a playoff team for 5 out of his first 6 seasons. and that is before the 3 peat.

you make a lot of sense. :clap:

they also didn't win over 40 the first 4 years in the league. Your point doesn't make sense.

DrDEADalready
02-13-2009, 01:01 PM
I Don't watch Miami that much. but from what i've seen when we have played miami and bulls. I'd take Rose over Beasley I can't remember if Chalmers was good. when he played us. but Rose is a beast so far.

WadeCounty
02-13-2009, 01:02 PM

I remember i wanted us to get rose soo badly before the draft but after seeing how great beasley was and how mario was I was more than greatful the bulls took rose:D

heatfan06
Well give us Wade, and we'll see if you guys are on a playoff contending team then...

but we arent giving you wade and we have him and we are a playoff contending team. take most superstars off their team and those team arent good. plus, what does that point have to do with anything.

Southsideheat
how can someone be statistically athletic?

the drills they make players do before the draft are calculated, no one has come close to the numbers he put up.

heatfan06
the drills they make players do before the draft are calculated, no one has come close to the numbers he put up.

please show what numbers you are talking about

WadeCounty
02-13-2009, 01:05 PM

i'm sure you guys would just love that lol, ofcourse without wade the heat aren't a playoff contending team thats a no brainer, example last season. But without beasley I could make a strong case on how we wouldnt even be in the race right now for the 4th seed in the playoffs and being in the outside looking in trying to get the 8th seed

what54!?
02-13-2009, 01:07 PM
I'm staying outta this one. The only thing I'm going to say is I'm looking forward to seeing rose and beasley play together at the rookie sophmore game. and chalmers was a steal for the heat

WadeCounty
02-13-2009, 01:09 PM
Isn't wade a coach for the rookie team? I hope he sits down rose just to spite bulls fans and lets beasley do his thang lol (it doesnt hurt to hope, i know it wont happen -.-)

effen5
02-13-2009, 01:09 PM
i'm sure you guys would just love that lol, ofcourse without wade the heat aren't a playoff contending team thats a no brainer, example last season. But without beasley I could make a strong case on how we wouldnt even be in the race right now for the 4th seed in the playoffs and being in the outside looking in trying to get the 8th seed

The thing is, you guys would be a playoff contending team WITHOUT Beasley just because you have WADE

heatfan06
02-13-2009, 01:10 PM
The thing is, you guys would be a playoff contending team WITHOUT Beasley just because you have WADE

wed be contending but wed be like you. ok but not good. we would be in the 8-10 spot in the east

ugottabjoshinme
02-13-2009, 01:11 PM

thats a dumb statement. beasley has a better team. he is at least the third best player on the team. rose is arguably the best player on the bulls. you act like the heat are in the playoffs because of beasly and that simply is not the case

effen5
02-13-2009, 01:11 PM
wed be contending but wed be like you. ok but not good. we would be in the 8-10 spot in the east

I dont know about that, Wade has been playing out of his mind since the olympics, and he looks amazing right now.

heatfan06
02-13-2009, 01:14 PM
I dont know about that, Wade has been playing out of his mind since the olympics, and he looks amazing right now.

ok, but that doesnt mean you can take the 2nd best player off the team and hed pik up all of the slack

jrice9
02-13-2009, 01:15 PM
Meh heat with rose are better imo because Marion would have a larger role. Yes they would need to have better bigs but that would have been adjusted in the offseason. No one could guard Rose/Wade

IRUAM #21
02-13-2009, 01:15 PM
thats a dumb statement. beasley has a better team. he is at least the third best player on the team. rose is arguably the best player on the bulls. you act like the heat are in the playoffs because of beasly and that simply is not the case

2nd, Shawn Marion is garbage.

Southsideheat
02-13-2009, 01:16 PM
please show what numbers you are talking about

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Derrick-Rose-1068/

heatfan06
02-13-2009, 01:17 PM

he isnt garbage. he plays a huge role on this team but it is just a lot of the dirty work and work that goes unnoticed

WadeCounty
02-13-2009, 01:17 PM

and the REASON he doesnt play as much is because he isn't forced to considering he has good players around him so he doesnt have to play as much as the other rookies have had to in their teams. Example rose, o.j mayo, you give beasley the amount of minutes the other rookies are getting he'd be having the type of games that you just saw last night in the bulls vs heat game. Those 2 need to play as many minutes as possible for their team to comeout with a win, he doesn't and he accepts it even though he knows his stats aren't up because of it

heatfan06
02-13-2009, 01:18 PM

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Derrick-Rose-1068/

what?

ATX
02-13-2009, 01:19 PM
Only comment I have is that if "you" think Beasley is a bust at this point in his career, with all things considered then "you sir" are an idiot. Rose is amazing and has shown he will undoubtedly become a perennial Allstar. Same goes for Beasley. His "Stats" aren't as "Sexy" because he isn't getting close to the minutes that Rose is. For those of "you" saying B's a bust...Did you see the game lasty night???

ATX
02-13-2009, 01:20 PM

Whatever, way to show your thx after his finish last night.

ProdigyI
02-13-2009, 01:21 PM
Heat/Bulls fans Rivalry....gotta love it.

Rose over Beasley/Chalmers is a no brainer by the way.

Rose is special....Beasley and Chalmers will be good but not great

WadeCounty
02-13-2009, 01:22 PM

the only reason the heat have been able to pullout with wins is because of their bench, having beasley and cook comeoff the bench averaging 13+ ppg is a luxury, take off beasley from the team and the heat would comeout just short in moslt every game this season, yes wade is a baller but he can only do so much, if he is not dropping shots the only other player the heat have that does drop shots is beasley (cook too but w-e)

Turtle55
I would take a guy that could be one of the elite players in the entire league in the next few years over two solid starters every single time (especially considering one of them isn't even starting for his team). This isn't even remotely close in my opinion. I would take Rose over Beasley and Chalmers in a heartbeat. Are heat fans just trying to make themselves feel better for having the second pick and walking away with the fourth or fifth best player in the draft?

ugottabjoshinme
and the REASON he doesnt play as much is because he isn't forced to considering he has good players around him so he doesnt have to play as much as the other rookies have had to in their teams. Example rose, o.j mayo, you give beasley the amount of minutes the other rookies are getting he'd be having the type of games that you just saw last night in the bulls vs heat game. Those 2 need to play as many minutes as possible for their team to comeout with a win, he doesn't and he accepts it even though he knows his stats aren't up because of it

i know that is my point. you cant say beasley has his team in the playoffs and rose does not because beasly has better players around him

heatfan06
Heat/Bulls fans Rivalry....gotta love it.

Rose over Beasley/Chalmers is a no brainer by the way.

Rose is special....Beasley and Chalmers will be good but not great

just like you beating the heat yesterday was a "no brainer"

Turtle55
02-13-2009, 01:23 PM
I was talking in the Bulls forum and this crazy Bulls fan thinks that most people would take Rose over Beasley and Chalmers.

So i want to know, would you take the Bulls Draft (Rose) over the Heat's Draft (Chalmers and Beasley)

Looks like he's not so crazy after looking at the poll.

Southsideheat
02-13-2009, 01:24 PM
what?

read it.

People need to realize that PG is a much more important/impactful position than SF/PF as well. Dominant PG are few an far between.

heatfan06
02-13-2009, 01:24 PM
Looks like he's not so crazy after looking at the poll.

considering most of the bulls votes are bulls fans bitter from last night than id say yes, he is stillcrazy

what54!?
02-13-2009, 01:25 PM
read it.

People need to realize that PG is a much more important/impactful position than SF/PF as well. Dominant PG are few an far between.true but every great team needs a good big man

Turtle55
02-13-2009, 01:26 PM
considering most of the bulls votes are bulls fans bitter from last night than id say yes, he is stillcrazy

One game isn't anything for me to vote on. If we had a power forward/small forward as good as D wade is in the back court then it would not even be close between these two teams. Miami is where they are because of Wade, Beasley is just a supporting cast member.

ugottabjoshinme
02-13-2009, 01:27 PM

like the heat votes arent ALL from heat fans. come on now.

Turtle55

How can you know that? You didn't set this poll up so people can see how you vote.

Southsideheat
true but every great team needs a good big man

i understand that but a good PG is more valuable than a good SF/PF. We don't even know what position Beasley will be yet.

heatfan06
02-13-2009, 01:28 PM
i understand that but a good PG is more valuable than a good SF/PF. We don't even know what position Beasley will be yet.

and the heat got both of those idiot

Turtle55
02-13-2009, 01:29 PM
true but every great team needs a good big man

If it was a true center vs a point guard that would be a great debate. But power forward vs point guard should go to point guard.

Southsideheat
02-13-2009, 01:30 PM
and the heat got both of those idiot

chalmers is a great PG?

heatfan06
02-13-2009, 01:32 PM
i understand that but a good PG is more valuable than a good SF/PF.

chalmers is a great PG?

no, but you never said great. and chalmers will be a great pg but not for his amazing scoring ability. it will be for his 3 pt shooting, passing and amazing defense

what54!?
02-13-2009, 01:32 PM
i understand that but a good PG is more valuable than a good SF/PF. We don't even know what position Beasley will be yet.I understand with what your saying and I agree. look I know how good rose is and probably how good he will he. I'm just saying that beasley has shown greatness too and in a couple of years he could be a great player too. Anyways I'm looking forward to that rookie sophmore game.

Oh beasley is probably gonna play PF.

Southsideheat
02-13-2009, 01:33 PM
If it was a true center vs a point guard that would be a great debate. But power forward vs point guard should go to point guard.

there's a reason why guys like Deron Williams, Chris Paul, Brandon Roy, Derrick Rose are untouchable.

effen5
02-13-2009, 01:34 PM
I understand with what your saying and I agree. look I know how good rose is and probably how good he will he. I'm just saying that beasley has shown greatness too and in a couple of years he could be a great player too. Anyways I'm looking forward to that rookie sophmore game.

Oh bealsey is probably gonna play PF.

Yeah we also have a player thats very inconsistent but has shown signs of greatness, his name is Tyrus Thomas and I want his *** traded...

Southsideheat
02-13-2009, 01:34 PM
no, but you never said great. and chalmers will be a great pg but not for his amazing scoring ability. it will be for his 3 pt shooting, passing and amazing defense

the fact is Rose is untouchable as far as trades go, and chalmers and beasley are not. That should speak volumes.

heatfan06
02-13-2009, 01:38 PM
the fact is Rose is untouchable as far as trades go, and chalmers and beasley are not. That should speak volumes.

who said chalmers is touchable and of course nobody is going to ask for rose. i never said rose is a bad player. i just said that id rather take 1 great player and another starting pg lockdown defender who can hit the 3 and get 3 steals per game

heatfan06
02-13-2009, 01:40 PM
Yeah we also have a player thats very inconsistent but has shown signs of greatness, his name is Tyrus Thomas and I want his *** traded...

tyrus thomas is just an athletic guy. he isnt a basketball player yet. beasley is not even a comparison to thomas

Southsideheat
02-13-2009, 01:46 PM
who said chalmers is touchable and of course nobody is going to ask for rose. i never said rose is a bad player. i just said that id rather take 1 great player and another starting pg lockdown defender who can hit the 3 and get 3 steals per game

And i would rather have 1 great point guard and build around him.

Turtle55
02-13-2009, 01:48 PM
tyrus thomas is just an athletic guy. he isnt a basketball player yet. beasley is not even a comparison to thomas

And yet Phoenix is much more interested in Thomas than Beasley.

effen5
02-13-2009, 01:49 PM

:laugh2:

Southsideheat
02-13-2009, 01:49 PM

:)

heatfan06
02-13-2009, 01:50 PM
And i would rather have 1 great point guard and build around him.

and thats why your team is bad. simple. depth wins in the nba and id rather have a future superstar pf and an andre miller type pg than 1 player

heatfan06
02-13-2009, 01:52 PM

who says that? they are having more discussions and more serious discussions with the heat than the bulls

Southsideheat
02-13-2009, 01:55 PM
and thats why your team is bad. simple. depth wins in the nba and id rather have a future superstar pf and an andre miller type pg than 1 player

are you drunk? The celtics have so much depth........

effen5
02-13-2009, 01:55 PM

Worked for Jordan

effen5
02-13-2009, 01:57 PM
who says that? they are having more discussions and more serious discussions with the heat than the bulls

LOL you just traded Marion and Banks for JO, and Moon.

Edit: **** i cant think for **** today.

Southsideheat
02-13-2009, 01:57 PM
Worked for Jordan

ahah, Basketball is the only sport where you can have only 2 great players and win a championship.

heatfan06
02-13-2009, 02:02 PM
are you drunk? The celtics have so much depth........

unless you have 3 superstars like the celtics you need depth idiot.

effen5
02-13-2009, 02:06 PM
Stop contradicting yoursellf.....

codes238
02-13-2009, 02:07 PM

honestly idd take rose over those 2 guys and miami is my 2nd favorite team... if you have a chance you always take a 20 year old franchise point guard over a tweener forward with iffy defense and an average point guard... its kind of like asking would you rather have chris paul or andre miller and antawn jamison? the answer is obvious to me...

Southsideheat
02-13-2009, 02:07 PM
unless you have 3 superstars like the celtics you need depth idiot.

You're the idiot, the Bulls have depth, the reason they're bad is they don't have a superstar to acompany Rose. But you're drowned in your on bull **** to realize that.

heatfan06
02-13-2009, 02:08 PM
Stop contradicting yoursellf.....

im not contradicting myself. the guy used the only team in the nba who doesnt have depth and is successful. look at last years championship team though. you see that on the roster. thats depth.

Southsideheat
02-13-2009, 02:08 PM
honestly idd take rose over those 2 guys and miami is my 2nd favorite team... if you have a chance you always take a 20 year old franchise point guard over a tweener forward with iffy defense and an average point guard... its kind of like asking would you rather have chris paul or andre miller and antawn jamison? the answer is obvious to me...

can't expect bias people to realize that.

heatfan06
02-13-2009, 02:09 PM
You're the idiot, the Bulls have depth, the reason they're bad is they don't have a superstar to acompany Rose. But you're drowned in your on bull **** to realize that.

the bulls have young overpaid depth that really isnt all tha good

Southsideheat
02-13-2009, 02:10 PM
im not contradicting myself. the guy used the only team in the nba who doesnt have depth and is successful. look at last years championship team though. you see that on the roster. thats depth.

uh no. Great NBA teams, are built around superstars.

Southsideheat
02-13-2009, 02:12 PM
the bulls have young overpaid depth that really isnt all tha good

What does them being overpaid have to do with anything? You're all over the place.

Rose/ Hinrich
Gordon/ Hughes / Sefalosha
Deng/ Nocioni
Thomas/ Gooden
Noah/ Gray

Looks like a pretty deep team to me.

nitric
02-13-2009, 02:15 PM
Posting in an epic thread

heatfan06
02-13-2009, 02:16 PM
What does them being overpaid have to do with anything? You're all over the place.

Rose/ Hinrich
Gordon/ Hughes / Sefalosha
Deng/ Nocioni
Thomas/ Gooden
Noah/ Gray

Looks like a pretty deep team to me.

gray? hahah
hughes? hahah
sefalosha? hahah
gooden? cant even stay on the court. hahah

phenomenal depth

i love how you guys were trashing those guys last night but now they are part of good depth. hahaha

Southsideheat
02-13-2009, 02:19 PM
gray? hahah
hughes? hahah
sefalosha? hahah
gooden? cant even stay on the court. hahah

phenomenal depth

i love how you guys were trashing those guys last night but now they are part of good depth. hahaha

thats the whole point, depth doesn't get you anywhere if you don't have superstars. Ask any GM out there, im not going to try and convince a child.

effen5
02-13-2009, 02:22 PM
thats the whole point, depth doesn't get you anywhere if you don't have superstars. Ask any GM out there, im not going to try and convince a child.

He wont understand, ever....

GodsSon
02-13-2009, 02:24 PM
from a completely unbiased opinion (raptor fan), i dont see how this is an argument at all, CLEARLY Rose is a better choice then both beasley and chalmers...that isnt to say beasley wont be good, Rose will just be much better

Southsideheat
02-13-2009, 02:25 PM
He wont understand, ever....

probably not, depth comes from having superstars. The only reason why "depth" happens is because they're on the bench rather than on the court. Half of the Celtic bench would not have been in the league if it wasn't for Garnett.

SwaggaIke
02-13-2009, 02:29 PM
Great job drafting by both teams IMO. The Bulls needed Rose and we needed Beasley and Chalmers.

jrice9
02-13-2009, 02:32 PM
Its exactly like someone earlier said I would rather Chris Paul (Rose) over Andre Miller and Jaminson

Southsideheat
02-13-2009, 02:33 PM
Its exactly like someone earlier said I would rather Chris Paul (Rose) over Andre Miller and Jaminson

As would every GM in the league.

kEviN21
02-13-2009, 02:34 PM
Why is Chalmers in the equation when MN drafted him?

jrice9
02-13-2009, 02:36 PM
Well it was part of the heat draft since he got traded to the heat so clearly they wanted him but yeah this debate seems a little pointless. Neither beasly or chalmers will be a superstar as beasly is compared to jaminson and chalmers to andre miller while Rose is the next big thing at pg ala paul, williams and in a worst case scenario baron davis

jgonboricua
02-13-2009, 02:43 PM
if you guys are talking about rose being better then both you picks then you have to add our second round pick as well, Omar ASIK....he is a center playing in sweedan or something until we bring him over...had 9 blocks in a game once...in the same mold of a marc gasol type player...but i think hes better
so its
Rose/Asik
Beasley/Chalmers

sixer04fan
02-13-2009, 02:52 PM
There's no way to tell who got the better deal yet... Ask this question again in 3-5 years.

illiguy85
02-13-2009, 03:06 PM
Omer Asik is playing in Turkey. He, unfortunately, had a season-ending injury... but he has been practicing at the Berto Center, the Bulls practice facility, doing his rehab.

The Bulls are very high on Asik, and many considered him a potential late lottery pick or mid-first round draft pick, had his contract rights not been so murky (he signed an extension with his Turkish team, Fenerbahce Ulker).

Unlike guys like Tiago Splitter and more like Rudy Fernandez, Asik actually wants to play in the NBA. He is supposedly set to make his NBA rookie debut after the 2010 season.

He is an absolute defensive beast on the glass and as a shotblocker. Asik, while rather raw offensively, plays in a Marcus Camby-type mold. Many scouts have asserted that Asik could be the best big man EVER out of Turkey, which includes Mehmet Okur of the Jazz.

"Omer Asik clearly stood out from the pack as being the most intriguing big men in attendance, almost from the very start. He had the best frame of the four (great size at a legit 7-feet, good shoulders, a solid lower body, a nice 7-2 wingspan and 9-4 standing reach) to go along with the best motor and the most athleticism of the four. He came out with a business-like mentality, dunking everything around the rim (even when it wasn’t called for), not giving anyone an inch to breathe defensively, pushing guys out of the paint mercilessly, shooting the ball better than expected in the mid-range drills, and just leaving a very solid (and quite competitive) impression despite the fact that there was only so much you could take away from watching him in this setting.

Offensively, he’s nothing to write home about this point, even though he does have nice hands, a good feel for the game and some all-around craftiness that allows him to be fairly effective at what he does well (mainly finishing in close proximity to the basket). The fact that he was here working out for all to see was clearly a feather in this camp’s hat, as only a select number of NBA teams will be able to evaluate him in a private setting. It was hard not to come away from this workout with the impression that if he keeps progressing the way he has over the next few years, he’s going to be a huge steal in the second round." - http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Omer-Asik-5033/

Also, Asik is the 5th highest rated "Draft Rights Held" player, not playing in the NBA. In other words, for players that have already been drafted, he is one of the finest in the world (http://www.draftexpress.com/rankings/NBA-Rights-Held/).

*** To make a long story short, this draft isn't just about Rose v. Beasley and Chalmers. Rose will be a top talent in this game, and I project him to be on the same tier as Paul and Deron Williams. Even if Asik becomes a middle of the road reserve, there will not even be a question as to the Bulls having a superior draft.

shortlunatic
02-13-2009, 03:09 PM

You have Rose and Wade, the best frontcourt to ever surface the NBA. You would have to be ******** to not choose Rose. With a player like Wade, Rose's assist stats would be sky high rite now, and Wade would be making some sick azz dunks

illiguy85
02-13-2009, 03:11 PM
Omer Asik is playing in Turkey. He, unfortunately, had a season-ending injury... but he has been practicing at the Berto Center, the Bulls practice facility, doing his rehab.

The Bulls are very high on Asik, and many considered him a potential late lottery pick or mid-first round draft pick, had his contract rights not been so murky (he signed an extension with his Turkish team, Fenerbahce Ulker).

Unlike guys like Tiago Splitter and more like Rudy Fernandez, Asik actually wants to play in the NBA. He is supposedly set to make his NBA rookie debut after the 2010 season.

He is an absolute defensive beast on the glass and as a shotblocker. Asik, while rather raw offensively, plays in a Marcus Camby-type mold. Many scouts have asserted that Asik could be the best big man EVER out of Turkey, which includes Mehmet Okur of the Jazz.

"Omer Asik clearly stood out from the pack as being the most intriguing big men in attendance, almost from the very start. He had the best frame of the four (great size at a legit 7-feet, good shoulders, a solid lower body, a nice 7-2 wingspan and 9-4 standing reach) to go along with the best motor and the most athleticism of the four. He came out with a business-like mentality, dunking everything around the rim (even when it wasn’t called for), not giving anyone an inch to breathe defensively, pushing guys out of the paint mercilessly, shooting the ball better than expected in the mid-range drills, and just leaving a very solid (and quite competitive) impression despite the fact that there was only so much you could take away from watching him in this setting.

Offensively, he’s nothing to write home about this point, even though he does have nice hands, a good feel for the game and some all-around craftiness that allows him to be fairly effective at what he does well (mainly finishing in close proximity to the basket). The fact that he was here working out for all to see was clearly a feather in this camp’s hat, as only a select number of NBA teams will be able to evaluate him in a private setting. It was hard not to come away from this workout with the impression that if he keeps progressing the way he has over the next few years, he’s going to be a huge steal in the second round." - http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Omer-Asik-5033/

Also, Asik is the 5th highest rated "Draft Rights Held" player, not playing in the NBA. In other words, for players that have already been drafted, he is one of the finest in the world (http://www.draftexpress.com/rankings/NBA-Rights-Held/).

*** To make a long story short, this draft isn't just about Rose v. Beasley and Chalmers. Rose will be a top talent in this game, and I project him to be on the same tier as Paul and Deron Williams. Even if Asik becomes a middle of the road reserve, there will not even be a question as to the Bulls having a superior draft.

A further evaluation and video of Omer Asik at...

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/omer-asik

If the Bulls get Amare, then Amare can worry about putting points in the hoop, as Asik would be a defensive force at the center position for the Bulls going forward. Bulls fans, the future is bright.

DLeeicious
02-13-2009, 03:12 PM
Rose.

JJ81
02-13-2009, 03:15 PM
Bulls

MassoDio
02-13-2009, 03:26 PM
I would rather have a top 5 pg, than a top ten at best, tweener pf, and a middle of the road, specialist pg.

I am one of the few Bulls fans who think that Beasley will be able to climb over the tweener hurdle and be a good pf. I think he is going to be very good. I also really like Chalmers. He is going to be a defensive ace, and a good three point shooter.

That being said, Rose is special. I am not a person who uses the "once in a lifetime" tag, because obviously there are other greats in the league such as Paul and Williams. But Rose is special. Beasley is a good, Chalmers is good, but neither one of those players strike me as special.

For the argument about the Heat winning.....give me a break on that one. Of course they are winning. They have one of the best player in basketball. It could be argued that he is the best all around player in the sport. (I am not saying that he absolutely is, but it can be argued). So just stop with the whole, well the Heat are in the playoffs and the Bulls are not. If you put Wade on the Bulls, the Bulls would be better than the Heat are right now, and the Heat would be worse than the Bulls are right now. (IMO)

In the end, the draft worked for both teams because the Heat needed what they got. A second or third option in Beasley, and a role playing PG in Chalmers.

The Bulls got what they needed in Rose. A potential superstar at a key position to build around. I would rather start with the superstar and try to build around him. Which is what the Heat did. They already have their superstar in Wade. Beasely and Chalmers are only compliments to him.

In the Bulls situation, Rose was the better pick. And yes, I feel that Rose is better than both Beasley and Chalmers, even without considering that the Bulls do have a second round pick that is being left out of the conversation in Asik.

IRUAM #21
02-13-2009, 03:29 PM
I would rather have a top 5 pg, than a top ten at best, tweener pf, and a middle of the road, specialist pg.

I am one of the few Bulls fans who think that Beasley will be able to climb over the tweener hurdle and be a good pf. I think he is going to be very good. I also really like Chalmers. He is going to be a defensive ace, and a good three point shooter.

That being said, Rose is special. I am not a person who uses the "once in a lifetime" tag, because obviously there are other greats in the league such as Paul and Williams. But Rose is special. Beasley is a good, Chalmers is good, but neither one of those players strike me as special.

For the argument about the Heat winning.....give me a break on that one. Of course they are winning. They have one of the best player in basketball. It could be argued that he is the best all around player in the sport. (I am not saying that he absolutely is, but it can be argued). So just stop with the whole, well the Heat are in the playoffs and the Bulls are not. If you put Wade on the Bulls, the Bulls would be better than the Heat are right now, and the Heat would be worse than the Bulls are right now. (IMO)

In the end, the draft worked for both teams because the Heat needed what they got. A second or third option in Beasley, and a role playing PG in Chalmers.

The Bulls got what they needed in Rose. A potential superstar at a key position to build around. I would rather start with the superstar and try to build around him. Which is what the Heat did. They already have their superstar in Wade. Beasely and Chalmers are only compliments to him.

In the Bulls situation, Rose was the better pick. And yes, I feel that Rose is better than both Beasley and Chalmers, even without considering that the Bulls do have a second round pick that is being left out of the conversation in Asik.

I agree with you man

what54!?
02-13-2009, 03:31 PM

In the Bulls situation, Rose was the better pick. And yes, I feel that Rose is better than both Beasley and Chalmers, even without considering that the Bulls do have a second round pick that is being left out of the conversation in Asik.exactly :clap:

agnine
02-13-2009, 03:38 PM
It's kind of a hard question considering Beasley is playing out of position at the 4. Once he moves to the 3 (thanks to the Marion trade), we will have a better idea of what he brings to the game. With that said, a true point guard is VERY hard to come by, especially one that can get into the lane, so even if Beasley turned into Karl Malone, I'd still take Rose.

MLB_FANATIC_99
02-13-2009, 04:10 PM
I could care less about either of these teams but do watch alot of nba, and this isnt even a good argument

rose hands down

u always take a great player, especially at the pg position over 2 average or even 2 above average players

effen5
02-13-2009, 04:38 PM

Not so crazy after all

Turtle55
02-14-2009, 12:06 AM
Not so crazy after all

It's hilarious that he created this thread to bash Bulls fans and get support from other NBA fans and instead he was completely owned.

yankees65
02-14-2009, 12:24 AM
does the guy who made the thread realize chalmers was drafted by the t-wolves then traded to the heat so even if the bulls drafted beasley who is to say they trade for chalmers

marlinsfan24
02-14-2009, 12:24 AM
Has to be looked at like this, the Bulls got what they needed in Rose, and the Heat got what they needed in Chalmers and Beasley. It's still too early to say who's going to be better, but both teams did what was best for their teams. I'm happy as a Heat fan with our outcome, and same with the Bulls fans.

tbron
02-14-2009, 12:30 AM

he is he's also not a rapist.

J$mo0th_3o5
02-14-2009, 12:48 AM
I agree with you man

x2

codes238
02-14-2009, 01:05 AM
rose is gonna be a top 3 point guard in this league for the next 15 years and is a franchise player... neither chalmers or beasley may ever crack the top 10 at their position (beasley might be will never be top 5 in my opinion)... needless to say that a superstar point guard is the ideal thing to build around... let me ask you this, what would you rather have, chris paul OR antawn jamison and raymond felton? the answer is very very obvious to me!

JordansBulls
02-14-2009, 01:23 AM
Bulls because of Rose. And I say this because Wade is the focal point of the Heat.

sargon21
02-14-2009, 03:44 AM
For the long run id take beasley himself over rose but him and mario clearly
But for wade being better then kobe no
But lebrons better then both of them

why would u take beasley over rose watch your words the kid's gonna be a star

Jonathan2323
02-14-2009, 03:52 AM
i would not trade Beasley + Chalmers for Rose Rose is not a good fit along side Wade. Beasley is going to be better.

Fit For A King
02-14-2009, 09:10 AM
You don't trade a potential superstar for a potential star and a starter. Quick- who got the better end of the Barkley deal that sent him to the Suns?

Rose is the best player in this proposed swap.

MilfHunter07
02-14-2009, 09:50 AM
he is he's also not a rapist.

hahahahahaha. exactly

ugottabjoshinme
02-14-2009, 10:22 AM

Nice Post illiguy85 :clap:

heatfan1001
02-14-2009, 10:34 AM

Beasley will prove to be the better player in the long run. When the heat gives him significant playing time there is no stopping him.

How did Rose do in the Rookie/Sophmore game? By far, the best rookie on the court was B-Easy. Not to mention, when Chalmers and Rose go head to head, Chalmers locks Rose down. Rose got a majority of his points last game against Chris Quinn , which can't guard me. Give Beasley the same amount of minutes as Mayo and Rose and he would average 19 and 9.

Draco
02-14-2009, 11:09 AM
Beasley will prove to be the better player in the long run. When the heat gives him significant playing time there is no stopping him.

How did Rose do in the Rookie/Sophmore game? By far, the best rookie on the court was B-Easy. Not to mention, when Chalmers and Rose go head to head, Chalmers locks Rose down. Rose got a majority of his points last game against Chris Quinn , which can't guard me. Give Beasley the same amount of minutes as Mayo and Rose and he would average 19 and 9.

Rose, Lopez, Westbrook, Mayo, Love.... then Beasley. :D

CvilleRB28
02-14-2009, 11:11 AM

lol.

CvilleRB28
02-14-2009, 11:13 AM
I take the Bulls Draft.

kswissdaf
02-14-2009, 11:22 AM
What it comes down to is that i would never in my life give up mario and beasley for rose

chicagocubsfan
02-14-2009, 12:06 PM
Rather take rose and asik

Cubs Win
02-14-2009, 12:16 PM
Bulls...easily. Some think Rose has the potential to be better than Chris Paul! Beasley to me seems like he'll one of those guys who plays for a good team, puts up very good numbers but never wins a championship. And Rose, well look whats happening to Tyrus and Noah once they started to adjust to him. Tyrus is around 15 and 10 for the last 7 games and Noah is averaging around 8 pts 9 rebs when playing over 20 minutes per game. Imagine what he could do with a legit big man. Tyrus is beginning to turn into a legit PF in the league. And you can't leave out other Bulls pick either. Asik was said to have lottery potential if he waited for this years draft. I'm not arging that the Heat had a bad draft, but it definitely wasn't as good as the Bulls' draft.

Cubs Win
02-14-2009, 12:17 PM
Lol I just looked at the poll. 66-25 in favor of Rose. Looks like the kid who made this thread got owned.

SwaggaIke
02-14-2009, 01:20 PM
Bulls...easily. Some think Rose has the potential to be better than Chris Paul! Beasley to me seems like he'll one of those guys who plays for a good team, puts up very good numbers but never wins a championship. And Rose, well look whats happening to Tyrus and Noah once they started to adjust to him. Tyrus is around 15 and 10 for the last 7 games and Noah is averaging around 8 pts 9 rebs when playing over 20 minutes per game. Imagine what he could do with a legit big man. Tyrus is beginning to turn into a legit PF in the league. And you can't leave out other Bulls pick either. Asik was said to have lottery potential if he waited for this years draft. I'm not arging that the Heat had a bad draft, but it definitely wasn't as good as the Bulls' draft.

The Bulls got one guy. I'm not arguing that the Bulls don't have the best player of the three, but they didn't have the best draft. Who the hell is Asik? Any of you ever seen him play MULTIPLE COMPLETE GAMES? I've seen Rose, Beasley and Chalmers....never seen Asik. For all we know this man could be the next Tskitisvili, Darko or any of the other European scrubs who invaded the league over the past 10 or so seasons. The Bulls probably got the best player in the draft, but they definitely didn't have the best "draft" in its entirety.

MiamiHeat
02-14-2009, 01:26 PM

who thinks that? lol
who are the "some" you are referring to the Bulls fans?

Southsideheat
02-14-2009, 02:32 PM
who thinks that? lol

This doesn't even deserve a response.

Cubs Win
02-14-2009, 02:38 PM
who thinks that? lol

Ive read several articles over the past few months saying this. Think about it. He is bigger, stronger, and faster than CP3. To not admit he has the potential to that he COULD be better than CP3 would be absurd considering his intagibles as well.

juliag
02-14-2009, 02:41 PM
it is simple, take out heat fans and bulls fans, almost everybody chooses bulls draft. Heat fans you are almost the only posting in favor of the heat draft.

Also, i think chalmers was the steal of the draft.

NYMetros
02-14-2009, 02:44 PM
I would rather have Chalmers and Beasley. Both of them were great picks. Hell, Chalmers isn't even that much worse than Rose. Beasley just puts them way over the top though. Not really even close.

And LOL at Wade being better than Kobe.

MGB
02-14-2009, 02:46 PM
I would rather have Chalmers and Beasley. Both of them were great picks. Hell, Chalmers isn't even that much worse than Rose. Beasley just puts them way over the top though. Not really even close.

And LOL at Wade being better than Kobe.

:pity:

Cubs Win
02-14-2009, 02:48 PM
The Bulls got one guy. I'm not arguing that the Bulls don't have the best player of the three, but they didn't have the best draft. Who the hell is Asik? Any of you ever seen him play MULTIPLE COMPLETE GAMES? I've seen Rose, Beasley and Chalmers....never seen Asik. For all we know this man could be the next Tskitisvili, Darko or any of the other European scrubs who invaded the league over the past 10 or so seasons. The Bulls probably got the best player in the draft, but they definitely didn't have the best "draft" in its entirety.

Bulls draft> Heat draft.
Rose is not only the best player, but he makes others better as well. Look at Tyrus and Noah. Even Gordon has been better thanks to Rose.

As for Asik, you're right. No one will know for sure until he gets here. But does that mean shouldn't be included? As another poster, illiniguy85 I believe, mentioned scouts see Asik as a defensive beast and the best player ever from Turkey, which includes Okur. So you can't disregard him because he might not pan out. Even without him I still like the Bull's draft more than the Heat's. His potentiL just sweetens the pot.

NYMetros
02-14-2009, 02:51 PM
:pity:

Your argument of a smiley face is very compelling. It definitely changed my opinion. :rolleyes:

Both are good defensive players. Chalmers is simply better though. That's probably the best part of his game and why the Heat got an absolute steal. On offense, Rose has no jump shot (he can still develop one though). However, Chalmers is great at spotting up and nailing shots from outside. But Rose has a big edge in penetrating.

So, how is Rose much better than Mario again? IMO Rose is better, but not by a lot.

ATX
02-14-2009, 03:01 PM
Your argument of a smiley face is very compelling. It definitely changed my opinion. :rolleyes:

Both are good defensive players. Chalmers is simply better though. That's probably the best part of his game and why the Heat got an absolute steal. On offense, Rose has no jump shot (he can still develop one though). However, Chalmers is great at spotting up and nailing shots from outside. But Rose has a big edge in penetrating.

So, how is Rose much better than Mario again? IMO Rose is better, but not by a lot.

You deserve a better smiley so here:

:clap:

WadeCounty
02-14-2009, 03:13 PM
What it comes down to is that i would never in my life give up mario and beasley for rose

I second that

Big E
02-14-2009, 03:18 PM
Rose is BY FAR the best player mentioned.
you can find talent like Beasley & Chalmers (especially Chalmers) in other ways (trades,free agency)
You have to draft a player like Rose cause no one in their right mind would give him up.
this a dumb thread because its just Heat fans arguing with Bulls fans
I wanna hear some nonbiased opinions

TheWaterboy
02-14-2009, 03:45 PM
This thread is garbage, all it is, is biased opinions. First of all you cant compare the draft without including our 2nd round Asik.

All the heat fans are trying to make Rose sound bad, saying he has no jumper and bull like that. he has a GREAT mid range jumper, he doesn't even try to shoot threes. Heat fans are in no position to say otherwise, us Bulls fan have been watching him all season. There is NO WAY you can say chalmers is almost near Rose, he is on a whole different level.

Bulls fans try making it seem like Beezy and Chalmers suck, when they don't at all. Beasley is a GREAT talent and will be a all star very soon. And Chalmers is an awesome steal.

Rose leads his team, he also plays the hardest position to come into the league and play. Rose is our only star. Heat had Marion and Wade. I know Marion is not that good but Wade is in talks for MVP and was leading the league in scoring. Chalmers job is made a lot easier thanks to him, because wade touches the ball a lot. I'm not trying to take anything away from him but its true, and Beasley is not a starter and has a lot less playing time then Rose. If he had more, Bulls fans wouldn't be able to say he sucks, which is false.

WadeCounty
02-14-2009, 03:56 PM
the real reason the thread is garbage is because I think people understood the thread wrong to begin with, they started judging the players, obviously they are great players but wasn't this a thread on how much have they affected their teams and how well they fit into the team based on their needs? I think the beasley + chalmers draft worked best for the heat than if they would have gotten rose simply because they fit the heats needs

MilfHunter07
02-14-2009, 04:00 PM
Each draft was good for the individual teams. Id still take the Heat draft though

S2krollin
02-14-2009, 04:07 PM
I really don't know why people are comparing each others drafts. Each team drafts by need, or maybe pick up the best talent available. The Heat had the best Draft because they acquired two young players in positions they needed them in, which is PG that can setup other players and shot the 3(Mario). And a Big man/ 2nd scorer to help out Wade (beasley).

Draco
02-14-2009, 04:10 PM
I really don't know why people are comparing each others drafts. Each team drafts by need, or maybe pick up the best talent available. The Heat had the best Draft because they acquired two young players in positions they needed them in, which is PG that can setup other players and shot the 3(Mario). And a Big man/ 2nd scorer to help out Wade (beasley).

When questioned by the media after the draft Riley didn't appear to be too excited about Beasley. :D

S2krollin
02-14-2009, 04:15 PM
When questioned by the media after the draft Riley didn't appear to be too excited about Beasley. :D

Thats what ESPN said. Espn also said Beasley is a Future Hall of Famer.:p I don't recall ESPN saying anything like that about rose?:rolleyes:

S2krollin
02-14-2009, 04:20 PM
Just saying because you seem to be a type of person that says everything ESPN says.

Draco
02-14-2009, 04:21 PM
Thats what ESPN said. Espn also said Beasley is a Future Hall of Famer.:p I don't recall ESPN saying anything like that about rose?:rolleyes:

I thought the same thing about Riley when I saw the interview. I didn't need ESPN to tell me he looked like he had lost his best friend. ;)

Draco
02-14-2009, 04:22 PM
Just saying because you seem to be a type of person that says everything ESPN says.

Ah.. you're incorrect about that as well. You seem like the type who makes a lot of incorrect assumptions.

_Supreme_
02-14-2009, 04:32 PM
It's funny because Starbury and Stevie Franchise were hyped the same way Rose is now when they came into the NBA.

All flashy stuff, not the brightest guys on the block, and a very high opinion of their own (future) stardom.

We'll see in 2 or 3 years who will be doing what. Right now this discussion is rather pointless.

And about the Wade/Kobe thing, I won't get into that other than to say it is a VERY valid opinion to say Wade is better than Kobe in a lot of ways, especially this year. I wouldn't say one is better or worse than the other, just different.

_Supreme_
02-14-2009, 04:35 PM

I know you know this is not true (and the footage to disprove it is probably still to be found somewhere), hence the smiley you put at the end :no: :drunk: :drunk::injury:

If Riley would have any doubt about Beasley he would have been shipped off to somewhere in a trade for Amare, which riley just said he decided against.

Southsideheat
02-14-2009, 04:48 PM
It's funny because Starbury and Stevie Franchise were hyped the same way Rose is now when they came into the NBA.

All flashy stuff, not the brightest guys on the block, and a very high opinion of their own (future) stardom.

Beasley had the character issues coming out of college, not Rose. If you know anything about Rose, he is shy and passive to a fault and not cocky nor does he show any evidence of having a high opinion of himself.

chicago lulz
02-14-2009, 05:24 PM
Haha. Man this thread is pointless.

abe_froman
02-14-2009, 05:33 PM

the question should be between mayo and beasley,not rose.as heat had no choice between them(rose/beasley)

MiamiHeat
02-14-2009, 06:03 PM
Beasley had the character issues coming out of college, not Rose. If you know anything about Rose, he is shy and passive to a fault and not cocky nor does he show any evidence of having a high opinion of himself.

I don't know why people keep bringing up his character issues about Beasley, he has shown none of those issues since college and now in the NBA, all of the HEAT staff love Beasley and they asked the coach and the assistant coaches who was their favorite player and guess who they said, yes you guessed it right Beasley :), they said he is willing to learn, never gets angry when they tell him to do anything, he accepts criticism and is always the first one for practice.

fins08
02-14-2009, 06:17 PM
OK, Michael Beasley would be getting 25 and 7 night in and night out if he was on a ****** team with no star player. Rose is the #1 option on Chicago, Mayo with the Griz, Westbrook has Durant and no one else at all. If they played with Wade their stats would go down too. Not to mention, we had Marion and Haslem playing his positions and those 2 are very good.

cardsWSchamps06
02-14-2009, 06:48 PM
for one. i think its been awhile since the kid who made this thread posted. of course tho. he got owned. its been said to many times so the opinion from a diehard bulls fan like me is probably known. also, whoever said rose doesnt have a jump shot, wow, you dont know anything do you. thats been the most suprising thing to me this season for him is the quick pull up jumper, maybe you should KNOW before you POST

effen5
02-16-2009, 02:20 PM
I don't know why people keep bringing up his character issues about Beasley, he has shown none of those issues since college and now in the NBA, all of the HEAT staff love Beasley and they asked the coach and the assistant coaches who was their favorite player and guess who they said, yes you guessed it right Beasley :), they said he is willing to learn, never gets angry when they tell him to do anything, he accepts criticism and is always the first one for practice.

Michael Beasley’s In Trouble Too, Fined $50,000

by Ryne Nelson

At the very least, there was a sneaking suspicion that Mike Beasley was involved in the incident at the Rookie Transition Program. Beasley’s name was purposely left out of reports…until now.

This from the NBA press release:

Michael Beasley of the Miami Heat has been fined $50,000 for his involvement in an incident at the league’s Rookie Transition Program earlier this month, and for his initial failure to cooperate with a league investigation of the matter, the NBA announced today.

Related StoriesNone Found
Beasley was involved in the same incident for which Miami’s Mario Chalmers and Memphis’ Darrell Arthur were previously fined.

Still, something doesn’t wash….

The NBA booted both Chalmers and Arthur from the seminar but allowed Beasley to remain. However, two weeks later, the League doles-out an even harsher fine – more than double the $20,000 imposed on Chalmers and Arthur.

The only ‘facts’ we now have are Beasley was in the room, and he tried not to snitch on his guys.

But you don’t get fined 50 stacks for that, right?

http://slamonline.com/online/nba/2008/09/michael-beasleys-in-trouble-too-fined-50000/

MiamiHeat
02-16-2009, 02:26 PM
http://slamonline.com/online/nba/2008/09/michael-beasleys-in-trouble-too-fined-50000/
That was before the NBA season started he hasn't caused any problems and Beasley was in the room, and he tried not to snitch on his guys, he ain't a snitch that's all lol
but okay let me pull out Rose incidents

Chicago Bulls and NBA No. 1 draft pick Derrick Rose pleaded guilty Monday to speeding and was fined $1,000 and placed on court supervision for six months.

"I learn from my mistakes," Rose said after his brief court appearance.

He had been ticketed April 29 going more than 100 m.p.h. on Interstate Highway 88 near Aurora.

Because Rose, 19, was clocked at more than 40 miles over the speed limit, the speeding charge was a Class A misdemeanor. Rose made a "cold plea," meaning that his attorney, Terry Ekl, and Kane County prosecutors did not negotiate a sentence.

D-Rose is gonna have to improve his defense

Turns out there might be a good reason for Derrick Rose not holding a press conference to announce his NBA plans.

You know, besides the whole he's-really-shy thing.

Which is not to suggest Rose isn't really shy, because he is really shy. Anybody who has ever seen the freshman basketball star in front of a camera knows that to be true. But multiple sources close to the Memphis basketball and football programs have told CBSSports.com that Rose was recently involved in an altercation over a girl with Tiger football player Steven Black, an altercation that -- how to phrase this? -- didn't go so well for Rose. Put another way, the possible No. 1 pick in the NBA Draft spent the early part of this week looking like a person who had just been in a scrap, making the way he announced his future plans -- through a release distributed by the Memphis Sports Information department -- convenient, if not necessary.

BALLER71
02-16-2009, 02:45 PM
Yeah what the hell is the point of comparing Rose and Beasley if it was impossible to draft Beasley.
And a thing about Chalmers, he's a Rose killer, always shuts down Rose.

And about Michael Beasley, he got in trouble for not snitching... can you imagine if he snitched? IMO that affects chemistry.

Fear_GAS_OLDier
02-16-2009, 02:58 PM
rose

Fear_GAS_OLDier
02-16-2009, 03:00 PM
but its also too early becuz rose was a starter from the beginning, beasley has been a bench player behind marion and diawara, and even tho marion is gone diawara still might start over him....but i'd still go with rose

theuuord
02-16-2009, 03:08 PM
Either way, it's a crime that Beasley's getting like 24 minutes a game. He is far too good to be a bench player on that team as of now.

If he was getting Rose's playing time (and had the media in the palm of his hand like Rose does, which isn't Rose's fault), the comparison would be a lot closer.

BenWin
02-16-2009, 03:27 PM
it seems people are starting to already forget that chalmers was traded for on draft night. whos to say that if the bulls drafted beasley that they would have traded for chalmers. if beasley was drafted kirk would be the starting point guard. this thread is freakin ridiculous. btw. i am a huge bulls fan. and i do think that rose will be a superstar. but i really think that OJ mayo is being overlooked by a lot of people.

opaloco chicho
02-16-2009, 03:58 PM
I would take beasley/chalmers anyday of the week.... there already performing well and they are onyl gonna get better... lets see after 3 years or so of all 3 of them being in the nba and see who had the best draft between both teams.

chicago lulz
02-16-2009, 04:06 PM
The majority Miami fans are going to choose Beasley and Chalmers, where as Chicago fans are going to choose Rose. It's not that hard of a concept.

Cubs Man 5
02-16-2009, 04:09 PM
So apparently Beasley is better then Rose because he's on a low seeded playoff team? Hmmmmm...

When we get Amare, then you will see the un-human like play of the Great Poohdini.

chicago lulz
02-16-2009, 04:20 PM
So apparently Beasley is better then Rose because he's on a low seeded playoff team? Hmmmmm...

When we get Amare, then you will see the un-human like play of the Great Poohdini.

And if we don't get him, I'll be looking at you for being so confident and jinxing the deal.

b_rad23
02-16-2009, 04:54 PM

I wouldn't say he's better but it says a lot. He's on a team where he is getting far less minutes than Rose. He's averaging many more points per 48 and his defense and rebounding have improved substantially from one game to the next. It would be a more fair comparison between the two if Beasley wasn't on a playoff team and got the same opportunity Rose has.

If you get Amare, you'll see Rose's points go down to around 12 a game for the rest of the year, where he would be on a playoff team.

shortlunatic
02-16-2009, 04:59 PM
OK, Michael Beasley would be getting 25 and 7 night in and night out if he was on a ****** team with no star player. Rose is the #1 option on Chicago, Mayo with the Griz, Westbrook has Durant and no one else at all. If they played with Wade their stats would go down too. Not to mention, we had Marion and Haslem playing his positions and those 2 are very good.

And if Rose had a legit player to dish the ball to know that he knows can finish, his assist would go way up, and look more like Paul. Each player has a reason why they cant look better, but it all comes down to what they do on the court, and as of now, Rose is on the better end.

b_rad23
02-16-2009, 05:52 PM
Beasley and Rose per 48 stats:

Beasley:26.3 points 10.4 rebs 1.8 asts

Rose: 22.1 points 4.7 rebs 8.2 asts

the %s are pretty similar. Beasley is lower on FG% and FT% by small margins and Rose is lower at 3pt%. The play has been pretty comparable.
When you add in Chalmers, there either is no gap or the advantage goes to the Heat. Chalmers' defense is phenomenal and he can be a very good starting PG in this league. He's less of a stats and more of an intangible guy. He's a solid role player: a Rondo-quickness+jumper.

Nets fan 93
02-16-2009, 06:27 PM
I like Rose a lot.

Freddy GA
02-16-2009, 10:50 PM
This is without a doubt the dumbest thread ever created. Hopefully I remember this thread in 2-3 years when Rose is 1st Team All-NBA and in discussions for MVP.

Raps08-09 Champ
02-16-2009, 10:51 PM
Who cares about Rose or Beasley?

Mayo will be better than both anyways.

VinceGully
02-17-2009, 12:14 AM

serious?

are you just trying to get a rise outta somebody...

and is your name REALLY Raptors 08-09 NBA Champs?:confused:

shortlunatic
02-17-2009, 12:17 AM

:rolleyes:

Jonathan2323
02-17-2009, 12:18 AM
This is without a doubt the dumbest thread ever created. Hopefully I remember this thread in 2-3 years when Rose is 1st Team All-NBA and in discussions for MVP.

that wont happen.

Raps08-09 Champ
02-17-2009, 12:18 AM
serious?

are you just trying to get a rise outta somebody...

and is your name REALLY Raptors 08-09 NBA Champs?:confused:

Ya it is Raptors 08-09 Champ.

Raps08-09 Champ
02-17-2009, 12:19 AM

Can do that too.

Jonathan2323
02-17-2009, 12:20 AM
Ya it is Raptors 08-09 Champ.

you are by far the most annoying raps fan how old are you?

Raps08-09 Champ
02-17-2009, 12:24 AM
you are by far the most annoying raps fan how old are you?

My mom says I shouldn't say my age on the internet

:laugh:

Jonathan2323
02-17-2009, 12:25 AM
My mom says I shouldn't say my age on the internet

:laugh:

lol guessing around 15:p

Raps08-09 Champ
02-17-2009, 12:26 AM
lol guessing around 15:p

If you really wanna know I'm 19 but I'm turning 20 on March 26

shortlunatic
02-17-2009, 12:33 AM
that wont happen.

one can argue

shortlunatic
02-17-2009, 12:34 AM

Can do that too.

Raps08-09 Champ
02-17-2009, 12:35 AM

Jonathan2323

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

KG2TB
Rose without blinking. Beasley and Chalmers are nice players, but Rose has had to come in and be the man on the team. He exceeded everyone's expectations and is a player you build around. Beasley and Chalmers are just pieces alongside Wade. The Bulls have had numerous injuries to captains and Rose is taking his lumps early. You can't build a team around Michael Beasley but you can definitely build a team around D. Rose. The answer is simple for me and that's not even because I'm a Bulls fan. Wade has been playing out of his mind to get the Heat to where they are. And you know what, Wade is definitely up there with Kobe. It's not a joke to compare them like some of you made it out to be. Wade is having an unbelievable year and is a big time clutch player. If the Bulls had a superstar to play alongside Rose like Beasley's situation, the Bulls would be well above .500

Raps08-09 Champ
02-17-2009, 12:37 AM

lol

IRUAM #21
02-17-2009, 12:37 AM

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes:

shortlunatic
02-17-2009, 12:38 AM

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Jonathan2323
02-17-2009, 12:39 AM
this has turned into the rolleyes thread:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:;)

IRUAM #21
02-17-2009, 12:40 AM

shortlunatic
02-17-2009, 12:41 AM

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Jonathan2323
02-17-2009, 12:43 AM
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

you live up to your name:D

shortlunatic
02-17-2009, 12:44 AM
you live up to your name:d

:d :d :d

BenWin
02-17-2009, 12:50 AM
Rose without blinking. Beasley and Chalmers are nice players, but Rose has had to come in and be the man on the team. He exceeded everyone's expectations and is a player you build around. Beasley and Chalmers are just pieces alongside Wade. The Bulls have had numerous injuries to captains and Rose is taking his lumps early. You can't build a team around Michael Beasley but you can definitely build a team around D. Rose. The answer is simple for me and that's not even because I'm a Bulls fan. Wade has been playing out of his mind to get the Heat to where they are. And you know what, Wade is definitely up there with Kobe. It's not a joke to compare them like some of you made it out to be. Wade is having an unbelievable year and is a big time clutch player. If the Bulls had a superstar to play alongside Rose like Beasley's situation, the Bulls would be well above .500

agreed. i would say its best to build a team around a true point guard, unless you have a dwight howard or tim duncan type.

Freddy GA
02-17-2009, 12:50 AM
Someone, for the love of God lock this thread.

Raoul Duke_91
02-17-2009, 01:13 AM

HAHAHA those crazy bulls fans....wat idiots what morons what nincompoops(oh yea I went there) everyone can clearly see the rest of America outside of Chicago would take Beasley....oh wait Rose is dominating this poll...Surely the heat fans cant be wrong! Its just the Rest of America, thier just as dumb as us Chicagoens.

this is a no brainer Rose over Beasley and Chalmers... Chalmers is better than Beasley, as we said in the Bulls forum Beasley is a tweener to small for the 4, to unathletic for the 3. IM BY NO MEANS (read that part) BY NO MEANS saying Beasley is a bust...I just think that he isn't going to be the dominating force that people initially thought he was gonna be. He may even have a all star year(s) but Rose in a few years will be one of the top players in the league I just dont see that for Beasley...I see him being a very good player... but not one of the top ones, and as for Chalmers I also see him having a very good career there is always a place on any team for a good passer and a good defender who can also knock down the 3, but Rose is already the face of our franchise and if the bulls have any sort of resurgence to our glory days it'll be him leading the renaissance in Chicago.

now that is a F-in post!:cool:

Ethix11
02-17-2009, 01:20 AM

First of all, Rose produces Andre Miller like numbers not Chris Pauls if your going to say Beasley is Antwan Jamison and Chalmers is Miller. Secondly, Beasley given the minutes hes on the floor and without, is producing similar numbers to Tim Duncan his rookie season and better than Bosh, Nowitzki, or Kevin Garnett. Lastly, Chalmers will always beat Derrick Rose like he did in Kansas when we play him so that cancels him out. Hahahah.

Jonathan2323
02-17-2009, 01:22 AM
Beasley and Rose per 48 stats:

Beasley:26.3 points 10.4 rebs 1.8 asts

Rose: 22.1 points 4.7 rebs 8.2 asts

the %s are pretty similar. Beasley is lower on FG% and FT% by small margins and Rose is lower at 3pt%. The play has been pretty comparable.
When you add in Chalmers, there either is no gap or the advantage goes to the Heat. Chalmers' defense is phenomenal and he can be a very good starting PG in this league. He's less of a stats and more of an intangible guy. He's a solid role player: a Rondo-quickness+jumper.

great post. if Beasley was on the Bulls he would be rookie of the year because he would get the minutes and he would be one of there main offensive threats.

Raoul Duke_91
02-17-2009, 01:25 AM
First of all, Rose produces Andre Miller like numbers not Chris Pauls if your going to say Beasley is Antwan Jamison and Chalmers is Miller. Secondly, Beasley given the minutes hes on the floor and without, is producing similar numbers to Tim Duncan his rookie season and better than Bosh, Nowitzki, or Kevin Garnett. Lastly, Chalmers will always beat Derrick Rose like he did in Kansas when we play him so that cancels him out. Hahahah.

18 pts 6 ast's and 4 boards-----Rose
6pts 5 ast 4 boards----Mario

man Mario shut down Rose bad there....this was last game b4 the break

Chicagofaithful
02-17-2009, 01:26 AM
LOL to the guy who made this thread! and lost miserably

Jonathan2323
02-17-2009, 01:26 AM
18 pts 6 ast's and 4 boards-----Rose
6pts 5 ast 4 boards----Mario

man Mario shut down Rose bad there....this was last game b4 the break

Mario still owns Rose. he had Quinn on him to who cant play defense.

Raoul Duke_91
02-17-2009, 01:27 AM
LOL to the guy who made this thread! and lost miserably

haha I know this really turned out badly for him

Raoul Duke_91
02-17-2009, 01:28 AM
Mario still owns Rose. he had Quinn on him to who cant play defense.

can you prove that?
mario chalmers played 34 minutes that game
quinn played 14

looks like someone is full of ****

Jonathan2323
02-17-2009, 01:30 AM
can you prove that?
mario chalmers played 34 minutes that game
quinn played 14

looks like someone is full of ****

how many easy baskets did he get in transition. its not like Mario was guarding him one on one the whole game.

Raoul Duke_91
02-17-2009, 01:32 AM
how many easy baskets did he get in transition. its not like Mario was guarding him one on one the whole game.

I dont know Jonathan? How many easy baskets did he get in transition? How about you show me some facts?

when you make statements like that it means absolutely nothing

extreme k.closs
02-17-2009, 01:42 AM
to the guy who started the thread....http://www.gregdagreat.zoomshare.com/files/X-pac.jpg

RockStrongo
02-17-2009, 02:04 AM
Rose= superstar
Beasley= possibly a star.
Chalmers= average at best.

RockStrongo
02-17-2009, 02:05 AM
The Heat are better because of Wade, it has virtually nothing to do with Beasley or Chalmers.

shizzle09
02-17-2009, 02:24 AM
lol, these poll numbers are hilarious. Rose over Beasley and Chalmers. Nuff said. Doesnt take a genius to tell these are Bulls fans voting. Rose has tailed off. I have him on two of my fantasy teams and he's not all that. he gets way more minutes then Beasley and Chalmers. IF Beasley played as many minutes he would average more. Chalmers is a defensive stud already and his offense is improving. Rose is and will be good but not better than both of those guys combined. come on now

shizzle09
02-17-2009, 02:26 AM
Rose= superstar
Beasley= possibly a star.
Chalmers= average at best.

LOL, Rose = superstar? why is it that Beasley outplayed him both times they played. Just wondering what your basing this on because you act like Rose is balling out of his mind or something. Look at points per minutes and tell me Beasley isnt a superstar in the making.

chicago lulz
02-17-2009, 02:34 AM
lol, these poll numbers are hilarious. Rose over Beasley and Chalmers. Nuff said. Doesnt take a genius to tell these are Bulls fans voting. Rose has tailed off. I have him on two of my fantasy teams and he's not all that. he gets way more minutes then Beasley and Chalmers. IF Beasley played as many minutes he would average more. Chalmers is a defensive stud already and his offense is improving. Rose is and will be good but not better than both of those guys combined. come on now

Of course Bulls fans are going to vote for Rose and Heat fans are voting for Beasley and Chalmers. It's called bias. And nothing is fact until proven, so until Beasley starts playing more minutes, any talk about him being better by looking at points per minute is null.

And for the record, it hasn't even been one year since these guys joined the league. How about you guys discuss it in a few years.

shizzle09
02-17-2009, 02:45 AM
Of course Bulls fans are going to vote for Rose and Heat fans are voting for Beasley and Chalmers. It's called bias. And nothing is fact until proven, so until Beasley starts playing more minutes, any talk about him being better by looking at points per minute is null.

And for the record, it hasn't even been one year since these guys joined the league. How about you guys discuss it in a few years.

agreed, but would you really take Rose over Beasley and Chalmers?

chicago lulz
02-17-2009, 03:03 AM
agreed, but would you really take Rose over Beasley and Chalmers?

Yeah I would. Mostly because he's a hometown kid and it's a nice sappy story. Now if the question was would I take two picks over one, I would take two obviously.

Beasley will be a star, and Chalmers as many times as it's been repeated is a good defender (and seems to haunt Rose via NCAA championship game). Rose is going to be a star as well. We all know this. Those who say anything against the above comments are just morons.

Would I been happy drafting Beasley and Chalmers? Yes I would have. But I'm also happy drafting 'just' Rose. I mean it's a hard question to answer because you're comparing one against two. Also, this thread title says the Heats vs. Bulls draft. Rose wasn't the only person we drafted (not sure if Beasley and Chalmers were the only ones you guys got in the draft). We also have Asik but he's playing across seas until 2010 or so.

So I'm obviously dodging your question, but I'm basically happy with what we got, and I know you guys are happy with what you got. There's nothing that needs to be argued.

shortlunatic
02-17-2009, 03:17 AM

You can never use the word "IF" when having an argument. you can only base the argument on facts. Either way, A great PG beats a great PF any day, everybody knows this. Point is that Rose is better than both. He has a nice mid range jumper, drives to the rim with strength, and is unselfish in play.

chicago lulz
02-17-2009, 03:27 AM
You can never use the word "IF" when having an argument. you can only base the argument on facts. Either way, A great PG beats a great PF any day, everybody knows this. Point is that Rose is better than both. He has a nice mid range jumper, drives to the rim with strength, and is unselfish in play.

True, but I'm not arguing here. How about a 'when' he starts playing more minutes. As of right now, there's no telling. Based on the current facts, both Beasley and Rose are doing well. There's no point in arguing since it won't make either players better. Both teams got what they wanted and both are improved because of their picks. Is a great PG better than a great PF? That's up for debate because both sides have good argument. I really don't care though. I'm happy that we have Rose.

shortlunatic
02-17-2009, 03:52 AM
True, but I'm not arguing here. How about a 'when' he starts playing more minutes. As of right now, there's no telling. Based on the current facts, both Beasley and Rose are doing well. There's no point in arguing since it won't make either players better. Both teams got what they wanted and both are improved because of their picks. Is a great PG better than a great PF? That's up for debate because both sides have good argument. I really don't care though. I'm happy that we have Rose.

True, if you look into the Spurs situation. But most sports analysts already think Rose will be the best PG in the NBA in a few years. But I'm just saying, from what we have seen so far, I think it is safe to say that Rose is better than Beasely and Chalmers.

Havoc Wreaker
02-17-2009, 03:54 AM
this is one ******** thread, how is 1 player supposed to be better than 2 players?

chicago lulz
02-17-2009, 03:58 AM
this is one ******** thread, how is 1 player supposed to be better than 2 players?

It is very much possible. In the general scenario you can take any one good player matched up against 2 bad players and that one player is obviously better than the two. In this situation you have 3 good players/2 good players and one good defender/etc. From there it just depends on people's opinions.

basketfan4life
02-17-2009, 07:59 AM
read it.

People need to realize that PG is a much more important/impactful position than SF/PF as well. Dominant PG are few an far between.
i agree it,only if your player is magic or kidd type pg...rose is good,but he seems more like scoring pg,even chris paul will have hard time to win a c'ship whitout another superstar...we will see how far will rose go..

but don't be quick to judge beasley,he can be a great player as well as rose..he has the requirements.

effen5
04-06-2009, 12:21 PM

Guess what, our rookie is in a playoff contending team, at the 7th seed. You guys are currently in the 5th seed and Philly might knock you down to the 6th.

MiamiHeat
04-06-2009, 12:26 PM
Guess what, our rookie is in a playoff contending team, at the 7th seed. You guys are currently in the 5th seed and Philly might knock you down to the 6th.

we will not be getting swept in the playoffs though lol

effen5
04-06-2009, 12:29 PM
First we arent a contending team and now we're getting swept.

MiamiHeat
04-06-2009, 12:30 PM
First we arent a contending team and now we're getting swept.

lol
now you don't sound so cocky

effen5
04-06-2009, 12:33 PM
Well just remember, the last time you guys were in the playoffs, you guys were swept by us.

Sox Appeal
04-06-2009, 12:34 PM

I have to disagree with you. It really depends on who the 2 players are, and in this case, I think the Bulls are better off having Derrick Rose over Beasley and Mario Chalmers. Rose has been nothing short of sensational this season, and barring some type of miracle, he'll likely run away with the ROY award. Beasley has only been given limited minutes, and in them, he hasn't looked entirely impressive. Chalmers has been doing a good job in Miami, but he's never going to make an All-Star team, and I don't see Beasley making one either.

Look at it this way, if the Bulls offered Rose to Miami for Beasley and Chalmers, they would accept it in a second, whereas the Bulls would never make the deal.

DLeeicious
04-06-2009, 12:48 PM
This is a stupid poll...every Heat fan is voting for their players and every Bulls fan for theirs. You know why? Because we watch our respective teams play 82 games a year and watch the other team maybe 10 times a year. This poll should be only for non-Bulls or Heat fans to get an objective look at this topic. I can tell you heat fans though, not to take anything away from Chalmers or Beasley...but watching Rose play many games this year he is something special and I think you take a special player over two good players any day. That being said it looks like Chalmers and Beasley are fitting in fine with Miami and we are quite happy with Rose, so who cares who is better. We would take Rose and you would take your guys, leave it at that.

MiamiHeat
04-06-2009, 12:56 PM
I have to disagree with you. It really depends on who the 2 players are, and in this case, I think the Bulls are better off having Derrick Rose over Beasley and Mario Chalmers. Rose has been nothing short of sensational this season, and barring some type of miracle, he'll likely run away with the ROY award. Beasley has only been given limited minutes, and in them, he hasn't looked entirely impressive. Chalmers has been doing a good job in Miami, but he's never going to make an All-Star team, and I don't see Beasley making one either.

Look at it this way, if the Bulls offered Rose to Miami for Beasley and Chalmers, they would accept it in a second, whereas the Bulls would never make the deal.
How would you know?I don't see it happening
Beasley and Chalmers are the Heat future, Rose isn't a shooter which Wade needs and he is as good as a defender as Beasley is. Chalmers and Beasley are a better fit for the Heat

This is a stupid poll...every Heat fan is voting for their players and every Bulls fan for theirs. You know why? Because we watch our respective teams play 82 games a year and watch the other team maybe 10 times a year. This poll should be only for non-Bulls or Heat fans to get an objective look at this topic. I can tell you heat fans though, not to take anything away from Chalmers or Beasley...but watching Rose play many games this year he is something special and I think you take a special player over two good players any day. That being said it looks like Chalmers and Beasley are fitting in fine with Miami and we are quite happy with Rose, so who cares who is better. We would take Rose and you would take your guys, leave it at that.

Not to take anything away from Rose.. but watching Beasley play many games this year he is something special and I think you take a special player and a good player over one good player any day

Well just remember, the last time you guys were in the playoffs, you guys were swept by us.

lol that's the only thing you can come up with,
yeah will give you guys that swept but remember Wade wasn't healthy, the HEAT players weren't healthy. I bet none of you Bulls fans would like to play us this year

Chicagofaithful
04-06-2009, 01:08 PM
hahahahahahahaha

i think i already responded in this forum a while ago, but this is so funny that you made a thread about it, and lost so miserably hahahahaha

effen5
04-06-2009, 01:34 PM
Beasley and Chalmers are the Heat future, Rose isn't a shooter which Wade needs and he is as good as a defender as Beasley is. Chalmers and Beasley are a better fit for the Heat

Not to take anything away from Rose.. but watching Beasley play many games this year he is something special and I think you take a special player and a good player over one good player any day

yeah will give you guys that swept but remember Wade wasn't healthy, the HEAT players weren't healthy. I bet none of you Bulls fans would like to play us this year

If you think Rose is just a "Good Player" you are out of your ****in mind.

Sox Appeal
04-06-2009, 01:37 PM

Explain to me how Beasley is 'something special' and Rose is only a good player. Rose has already proven he's going to be an All-Star type of player in this league, while Beasley can barely get off the Heats bench.