PDA

View Full Version : How would Andre Bargnani do in the 3-point competitions

Musical Tempo
02-13-2009, 01:17 AM
Curious what you guys think, since everyone always talks about how skilled a shooter he is.

Why hasn't he participated yet?

I think he would not do bad at all. Probably finish top 3.

Ragun
02-13-2009, 01:24 AM
win!

Musical Tempo
02-13-2009, 01:28 AM
win!

Why isn't he participating? I would really like to know it would be a great confidence boaster for him.

lukeem21
02-13-2009, 01:37 AM
I think he could win... doubt he`d beat Kapono, but it always comes down to one round and it doesnt matter how good you are (to some extent) if the other guy catches fire

I think he would be well suited for the contest though, he shoots from well beyond with arc with apparent ease so taking normal three pointers probably does not take much out of him and I doubt he`d get fatigued

who cares about the three point shoot out though... i wanna see james white in an NBA slam dunk contest http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vR2XFpaoOxo this is from a turkish contest i believe

Musical Tempo
02-13-2009, 01:49 AM
I think he could win... doubt he`d beat Kapono, but it always comes down to one round and it doesnt matter how good you are (to some extent) if the other guy catches fire

I think he would be well suited for the contest though, he shoots from well beyond with arc with apparent ease so taking normal three pointers probably does not take much out of him and I doubt he`d get fatigued

who cares about the three point shoot out though... i wanna see james white in an NBA slam dunk contest http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vR2XFpaoOxo this is from a turkish contest i believe

He isn't in the NBA has poor work-ethic. All he really needed to do was play defense to stay in the NBA but he didn't take interset he always would leak, aka why his NBA days are offer.

There is tones of guys out there who aren't in the NBA who dunk better then VC, Dwight, Lebron, Kobe, ETC. Like that AND1 guy who does the 720. The only problem with those guys is they cant play real basketball or defense lol.

RaptorsFanatic
02-13-2009, 02:01 AM
He's an excellent in-game 3 point shooter, but I dont think he would last in the Saturday Night show down. His release isn't fast enough, and I doubt he could get all the shots off in time. Dont get me wrong, he's very good in game, but in a competition...nah.

viveet
02-13-2009, 03:45 AM
He'd start pump faking and run out of time....

Dol-Fan
02-13-2009, 08:20 AM
Good form on his shot but as a few others have said, his release is way too slow. But even in game, he is too prone to absolute bricks and seems to be pretty inconsistent with his shot.

5ive
02-13-2009, 09:30 AM
his release isn't fast enough. Time would run out and he would have 5 balls remaining lol.

But he still is a great in-game shooter

c_h_o_v_e
02-13-2009, 09:56 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing him in the competition but I think he would struggle from the corners.

Bob_at_york
02-13-2009, 11:19 AM
I almost said will never participate but then I thought about how Dirk and Peja have participated and thought to myself, he will get a chance at some point and I think he will do well.

_Sn1P3r_
02-13-2009, 11:41 AM
I think he would do well. And to c_h_o_v_e's point, I think that corner shot could break Bargs in the competition. I don't recall him ever shooting the corner 3.

ramz.n
02-13-2009, 12:11 PM
I think he would do well. And to c_h_o_v_e's point, I think that corner shot could break Bargs in the competition. I don't recall him ever shooting the corner 3.

well you rarely see any big men in the league take 3's from the corners, dirk rarely takes 3's from corners he normally is at the top of the arc.

Steely McBeam
02-13-2009, 12:58 PM
i think he would do pretty well, hes a natural shooter and like all the other natural shooters if he gets into a rhythm he could make a high percentage