PDA

View Full Version : Mavericks have discussed trade for Vince Carter

JordansBulls
02-13-2009, 12:54 AM
Source: Yahoosports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-carternets021209&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

PHOENIX Ė New Jersey and Dallas have discussed a trade that would reunite Vince Carter and Jason Kidd with the Mavericks, a league source familiar with the discussions said Thursday night.

The proposed deal, which isnít imminent, would send Carter, Keyon Dooling and Eduardo Najera to the Mavericks for Josh Howard and Jerry Stackhouse.

BlondeBomber41
02-13-2009, 12:58 AM
Not bad.

Ryan328
02-13-2009, 12:58 AM
Just posted this in the Mavs forum. Would anyone do it?

Dampier
Nowitzki
Carter
Wright
Kidd

is that better than

Dampier
Nowitzki
Howard
Wright
Kidd

blacknell
02-13-2009, 01:06 AM
howard is to young to trade way

JordansBulls
02-13-2009, 01:15 AM
Just posted this in the Mavs forum. Would anyone do it?

Dampier
Nowitzki
Carter
Wright
Kidd

is that better than

Dampier
Nowitzki
Howard
Wright
Kidd

Vince at SG makes the most sense. Who else do the Mavs have for SF?

BTownTeamsRKing
02-13-2009, 01:18 AM
sounds like the mavs might do another Harris flop again. i cantbeleive they even talk to NJ

vigilantex69
02-13-2009, 01:19 AM
***** a joke. The Mavericks are so concerned about finding a high flying combo its ridiculous. Its no wonder they cant win. The Mavericks are the Yankees and Cowboys of basketball. You can't buy team chemistry.

Ryan328
02-13-2009, 01:21 AM
Vince at SG makes the most sense. Who else do the Mavs have for SF?

Gerald Green can play some 3, Shawne Williams, Devean George

still1ballin
02-13-2009, 01:25 AM
It would be good for the Mavs

Sports Illustrator
02-13-2009, 01:31 AM
This trade works well for both teams. Vince Carter has played with Kidd and Josh Howard has played with Devin Harris.

This trade boosts up Dallas' team chemistry by a lot believe it or not. Josh Howard would be one less headache they'd need to worry about also.

Pitty'09
02-13-2009, 01:33 AM
i understand u have to give to get, but dont trade Howard. He is way too young and talented to give up for the age and return. I like VC but not if I had to give up a player entering his prime that can get u 20 game. its like when that stupid team traded away harris to the nets...oh wait, mavs also.

Pitty'09
02-13-2009, 01:34 AM
This trade works well for both teams. Vince Carter has played with Kidd and Josh Howard has played with Devin Harris.

This trade boosts up Dallas' team chemistry by a lot believe it or not. Josh Howard would be one less headache they'd need to worry about also.

how in the world do u know it would "boost their team chemistry way up" hahaha...
Ur only getting VC in return, and last I saw him and JKidd were not winning even half their games, then taking the team out for pizza and fun.

lakerboy
02-13-2009, 01:36 AM
This will work for the Mavs IMO. They need more players who can make their own shots...

Pitty'09
02-13-2009, 01:37 AM
sounds like the mavs might do another Harris flop again. i cantbeleive they even talk to NJ
i AGREE. I mean Kidd and VC are still good players, but the mavs are trading away young talentedplayers with huge upside for names passed their prime, that have never won, and if the VC gpes through, they never won TOGETHER. U saw those guys together already, and they r a sub .500 combo. The mavs and cuban r slippin.

thedfactor
02-13-2009, 01:39 AM
howard is to young to trade way
What do you not know anything about Josh Howard and just stipulate he's "too young" because Vince Carter seems like he's been around forever? Josh will turn 29 in May and Carter is 31. Josh Howard either hit his peak or may need to relocate to Jersey to improve like his buddie Devin.

thedfactor
02-13-2009, 01:47 AM

You obviously don't know your stuff. Get up to date with what's now...

Sources close to Jason Kidd mentioned when talking about reuniting with old teammates that as Kidd would welcome Richard Jefferson, Vince Carter not so much. The two supposedly had a bad falling out at the time Kidd was traded to Dallas last season. Any trade involving Carter coming to the Mavericks to reunite with JK would cause immediate chemistry issues for the team.

aWiLL 20
02-13-2009, 01:49 AM
i'd do it. lol carter is an upgrade over howard cuz he's a playmaker, kidd and carter didnt win the finals...you're right.....but did they have an MVP named dirk nowitzki on their team? lol heck no. GIVE ME
KIDD
CARTER
WRIGHT
DIRK
DAMP

Young2Kinsler
02-13-2009, 01:59 AM
Carter is exactly what Dallas needs, a SCORER. We need that SG who can put it in the basket on his own when needed. Howard seems lazy at times, has poor shot selection and sloppy ball handling. Howard isn't that young anymore, and I think it's time these two sides parted ways.

thedfactor
02-13-2009, 02:02 AM
Carter wouldn't be able to be #15 in Dallas correct? I do believe it is retired in honor of the great Brad Davis.

#1Mavericksfan
02-13-2009, 02:02 AM
Dirk and Carter would almost be like Kobe and Pau....Do it Cuban!!!

thedfactor
02-13-2009, 02:11 AM
It would be a huge step in eliminating a core part of that finals team...which actually is a good thing. it would finally force that ifriends.mavs website to change their background image with terry, howard, dirk, and damp from the Finals which I'm sure all Mavs fans know what Im talking about lol

JJ_JKidd
02-13-2009, 02:20 AM
Oh no not again... Please,,, Kidd and Carter didnt accomplish anything in NJ... Plus VC doesnt like to run and is lazy on defense... His numbers are good this season but thats all bout it I think... There were also some falling out between Kidd and VC in NJ but I think that whatever Cuban does, he must have consulted Kidd... Who know maybe Kidd wanted VC all along as it solves the Mavs athleticism issues...

So it would be:

Kidd
VC
George
Dirk
Damp

aWiLL 20
02-13-2009, 02:23 AM
please do this. please dont tease me anymore. i want howard in another uniform, and vince would be a great addition. also, najera helped our chemistry alot! high energy player off the bench, not gonna get alot of anything, except pure hustle...and it's CONTAGIOUS.

please make it happen cuban

thedfactor
02-13-2009, 02:45 AM
please do this. please dont tease me anymore. i want howard in another uniform, and vince would be a great addition. also, najera helped our chemistry alot! high energy player off the bench, not gonna get alot of anything, except pure hustle...and it's CONTAGIOUS.

please make it happen cuban
The Man.

Spurred1
02-13-2009, 03:28 AM
i understand u have to give to get, but dont trade Howard. He is way too young and talented to give up for the age and return. I like VC but not if I had to give up a player entering his prime that can get u 20 game. its like when that stupid team traded away harris to the nets...oh wait, mavs also.

Howard is not that young (29) and he doesn't get 20 a game that often. He is not contributing anything consistently to the Mavs. He needs to go somewhere else.

MossIsBoss
02-13-2009, 03:32 AM
I see no problem with the trade, Howard is a better all around player but the Mavs only have a short span to win it all, kidd doesn't have many years left, dirk has been playing for 10 years. Take the risk

Rique
02-13-2009, 08:06 AM
Don't like this trade we basically give up 3 players for just Josh Howard, Stackhouse is going to go back.

Maybe Josh+Bass+Another 1st rounder

hotdogbun
02-13-2009, 08:31 AM
another nj-dal trade

so its like devin harris,josh howard,diop,van horn,ager for vc,kidd,wright

BTownTeamsRKing
02-13-2009, 10:08 AM
i AGREE. I mean Kidd and VC are still good players, but the mavs are trading away young talentedplayers with huge upside for names passed their prime, that have never won, and if the VC gpes through, they never won TOGETHER. U saw those guys together already, and they r a sub .500 combo. The mavs and cuban r slippin.

right. so the question is, with this trade do they really beleive they can win it all this yr or next yr?

i dont think they can beat LA or SA even with this deal.

everyone is just trying to find their own BIG 3. they think they can throw together any 3 stars and it equals a title. not exactly how it works. they saw Pierce, Allen, and KG thrown together and now everyone thinks they can do it.

Rique
02-13-2009, 10:37 AM
VC and Kidd should not be compared look at Kidds stats on the Nets he was CLEARLY declining. VC is putting up 21-5-5 sorry but this is not a good trade.

Young2Kinsler
02-13-2009, 11:07 AM
This sounds nice and all, but I don't see the Mavs making a significant move, so it's all for nothing.

mrblisterdundee
02-13-2009, 11:15 AM
It seems like a slightly better deal for Dallas. Stackhouse isn't worth much anymore, and New Jersey has to give up three players. Despite the inclusion of Stackhouse, this trade will probably help both teams.

thedfactor
02-13-2009, 11:26 AM
Don't like this trade we basically give up 3 players for just Josh Howard, Stackhouse is going to go back.

Maybe Josh+Bass+Another 1st rounder
LOL get real man, Mavs won't even give Howard. Plus your not even thinking financially...let's hope you were being sarcastic

JordansBulls
02-13-2009, 11:46 AM
I think Vince on the Spurs would instantly make them better and so would Vince on the Mavs.

raptor fan
02-13-2009, 11:50 AM
i think this is a good deal for both teams, but if i had to pick one team that the deal benefits more, it would probably be the nets.

Raps08-09 Champ
02-13-2009, 11:56 AM
I think Carter is better than Howard.

Carter is more clutcher, better shooter, and IMO better rebounder, passer and defender. Only thing howard has the upper hand is that he is younger

Raps08-09 Champ
02-13-2009, 11:58 AM
Lol bring him to Toronto

JO, Hump and Moon for Carter and Simmons

They all expire in 2010 and Nets can then go for Lebron or whoever they want

SouljahPhil...
02-13-2009, 12:18 PM
this would be a nice trade for the nets...

kntresistheheat
02-13-2009, 12:34 PM
This sets up new jersey in the long run, they are going to have 2 young stars and not even that much cost and still can get another potential star? This hurts the mavs because you have an againg kid, a injury prone carter and if they dont do anything by 2010 dirk will be gone and they would be left with nothing unless in 2010 cuban can try to get a johnson,lebron,bosh???? Which I think if the heat get amare...bosh would go home to dallas?

TheShock45
02-13-2009, 12:52 PM
lets just hope stackhouse shuts up about his vacation this time

thedfactor
02-13-2009, 01:02 PM
For all the talk about Carter being injury prone, Josh Howard is injured quite a bit as well and is 29 in May.

ShakeN'Bake
02-13-2009, 01:05 PM
lets just hope stackhouse shuts up about his vacation this time

ya I was wondering if this went through if stack would jsut be cut and bolt back to the mavs

JordansBulls
02-13-2009, 03:49 PM
ya I was wondering if this went through if stack would jsut be cut and bolt back to the mavs

Yeah right. He doesn't even play.

Young2Kinsler
02-13-2009, 04:14 PM
People who think NJ is getting the better end of this, I just can't see it. VC is better than Howard. People say Howard is young, he's almost 29, and they call him a star, yet he's wildly inconsistant.As for Stack bolting back to Dallas, that won't happen. He's been healthy a while now and not playing Coach Rick does not like his game. The only bad thing for Dallas is salaries, but they are already screwed on the cap, so who cares. Dallas NEEDS this trade IMO

albertc86
02-13-2009, 04:21 PM
This trade makes no sense to me. For Dallas, it's a great trade, but how is this good for the Nets? Howard and Richardson on the same team? In any case, I suppose the Nets are thinking long-term. Great trade for Dallas, though.

cowboys843
02-13-2009, 05:09 PM
I'mma mavs fan cuz but look:

Pg jason kidd
sg jason terry
sf vince carter
pf dirk nowitzki
c erick dampier

damn!!!!!!!!!

But i think we need 2 sign a new center that can start.

JordansBulls
02-13-2009, 07:28 PM
I'mma mavs fan cuz but look:

Pg jason kidd
sg jason terry
sf vince carter
pf dirk nowitzki
c erick dampier

damn!!!!!!!!!

But i think we need 2 sign a new center that can start.

Vince would fit better at the SG for the Mavs.

oldenpolynice
02-13-2009, 08:15 PM
Source: Yahoosports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-carternets021209&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

Nets get a slightly better deal on that one. J-Howard has been playing well and IMO he's a better defender than Carter. Plus, he's younger. The Mavs are kind of desperate for a shake-up this season, though. So it's not too bad of a trade for them to make.

Spurred1
02-13-2009, 08:48 PM
^He's 29, not that young. Plus, he seems to be getting injured more often now. He might have surgery on his wrist this offseason; it was bothering him last night. At this point, the Mavs may as well go for it. They need scoring badly; Dirk will walk in 2010, anyway. Give it one last shot.

BlondeBomber41
02-13-2009, 09:37 PM
^He's 29, not that young. Plus, he seems to be getting injured more often now. He might have surgery on his wrist this offseason; it was bothering him last night. At this point, the Mavs may as well go for it. They need scoring badly; Dirk will walk in 2010, anyway. Give it one last shot.

Dirk isnt walking in 2010. He has already said he will take a big pay cut to resign with the Mavs and still leave them enough to sign another big free agent. Dirk is one of the few big named 2010 free agents that isnt going anywhere unless there is a massive change of heart or direction by the Mavs.

JordansBulls
02-13-2009, 09:40 PM

That's what I figure.

#1Mavericksfan
02-13-2009, 10:02 PM

Really?