lakerboy
02-13-2009, 12:54 AM
Yeah, and they are down.,

BTownTeamsRKing
02-13-2009, 12:55 AM
lol questioning this thread, when we have a mike james thread

lakers4sho
02-13-2009, 12:59 AM
That's nothing. Mike James always has a quintuple double every other night.

BTownTeamsRKing
02-13-2009, 01:00 AM
That's nothing. Mike James always has a quintuple double every other night.

MJ is the definition of a mediocre player

Dol-Fan
02-13-2009, 01:02 AM

Michael Jordan, yes, Mike James...wait I know you're not talking about Mike James so I won't address that ;)

lakers4sho
02-13-2009, 01:03 AM

:pity:

All the greats were named MJ:

Magic Johnson
Michael Jordan
Mike James

you never, ever, make a statement like that.

dre1990
02-13-2009, 01:07 AM
:laugh:Doc Rivers has Been ejected:laugh:

BTownTeamsRKing
02-13-2009, 01:07 AM
on a more serious note, Rondo is playing the best game of his career so far.

as a fan that has seen almost all of his games, he is showing star ability in his all arund game.

cmstophe
02-13-2009, 01:14 AM
LMFAO

I saw he had a trip dub and I came onto PSD just because I knew some guy would have a thread made hailing him as the next Jason Kidd.

still1ballin
02-13-2009, 01:17 AM
Rondo has nothing on Mike James

Macedonian
02-13-2009, 01:25 AM
Rondo has nothing on Mike James
So?

KB24PG16
02-13-2009, 01:25 AM
:laugh:Doc Rivers has Been ejected:laugh:

he start cryin to the refs again

Chronz
02-13-2009, 01:28 AM
Pierce is clutch

BTownTeamsRKing
02-13-2009, 01:28 AM
Pierce is amazing when the Celtics need him to be. the last 15 plays have been ISO Pierce.

still1ballin
02-13-2009, 01:29 AM
So?

Don't disrespect Mike James!

BTownTeamsRKing
02-13-2009, 01:35 AM
Celtics win!!!!

i can't beleive after being down 15, KG with 5 fouls, Ray injurred, and Doc ejected. and Pierce and Rondo just take over and win the game!

carter15
02-13-2009, 01:37 AM
Celtics win!!!!

i can't beleive after being down 15, KG with 5 fouls, Ray injurred, and Doc ejected. and Pierce and Rondo just take over and win the game!

celtics r just the best team in history..they beat the mavericks..nobody can do that.

BTownTeamsRKing
02-13-2009, 01:39 AM
celtics r just the best team in history..they beat the mavericks..nobody can do that.

u didnt see how dead tired and flat they looked early on. they looked awful to comeback to win this one took a lot.

its one of those games in february where the regular season feels very long.

Frrrrank!!!
02-13-2009, 01:40 AM
LMFAO

I saw he had a trip dub and I came onto PSD just because I knew some guy would have a thread made hailing him as the next Jason Kidd.

PSD:love:Rondo

BTownTeamsRKing
02-13-2009, 01:42 AM
PSD:love:Rondo

what were his final numbers?

Frrrrank!!!
02-13-2009, 01:44 AM
what were his final numbers?

:worthy:19 pts 15 rbs 14 ast

RileyJ
02-13-2009, 02:41 AM
Rondo is going to be very similar to a Jason Kidd type PG. What incredible numbers 19 points 15 boards and 14 dimes are. You'll never see Devin Harris Mo Williams or Jameer Nelson come close to doing that which is why Rondo should have made the All Star team over all of em. Great game

Arac
02-13-2009, 04:19 AM
RONDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

No disrespect to Mike James, we all know he's proven already.

But Rondo did all right, wouldn't you say? Not only posting those numbers. Posting those numbers and helping us come from 15 down to win. And the 15 ISOs for Pierce, haha.

cambovenzi
02-13-2009, 04:29 AM
Rondo is going to be very similar to a Jason Kidd type PG. What incredible numbers 19 points 15 boards and 14 dimes are. You'll never see Devin Harris Mo Williams or Jameer Nelson come close to doing that which is why Rondo should have made the All Star team over all of em. Great game

you cant honestly think he is better than all those players, can you?:eyebrow:

1. how hard is it to get assists when you are the PG and you have ray allen, paul pierce, kevin garnett, and eddie house on your team? answer: not very.

2. he scores 11 whole points per game, despite being left open all the time.
hard to get into an allstar game with 11 PPG, when other more deserving and more proven players have about double that.

3. he has no outside game. i mentioned teams leave him open, thats b/c he cant shoot well at all from distance.

hes doing a nice job, and had a nice game, but he is not elite at this point.

you wont see many people in the allstar game with an 11/8/5 line, 4th option on your team, and no big name..

Arac
02-13-2009, 04:37 AM

1. how hard is it to get assists when you are the PG and you have ray allen, paul pierce, kevin garnett, and eddie house on your team? answer: not very.

hard to get into an allstar game with 11 PPG, when other more deserving and more proven players have about double that.

3. he has no outside game. i mentioned teams leave him open, thats b/c he cant shoot well at all from distance.

you wont see many people in the allstar game with an 11/8/5 line and no big name..

Let's see, I've watched 95% of the Celtics game this season, and I can guarantee you that at least 80% of Rondo's assists are more his credit than his Hall Of Fame teammates. I mean, how many times has he penetrated in the lane and given KG, or Perkins a wide open dunk. Or Ray a wide open three? Rondo's speed has been a MAJOR factor is our wins this season. Many times, he's the catalyst of our offense. When you're playing with three perennial All Stars, if you're the catalyst of a winning team, then you are doing something truly great.

Those of us who have watched the Celtics play this season, believe that Rondo is capable of taking a game over, and to be one of the premier players of this league.

It's true that Rondo is left wide open at the three point line, or even at mid range, but he's shown improvements in those areas, specially from mid-range. And even when teams sag off him to double team KG in the post, he's quickly getting to the lane and making teams pay for his lack of shooting touch.

I'm not, however, comparing him to Jason Kidd, Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, whatever you guys like to jump the gun and say I'm comparing.

I am saying, however, that you guys can't demean him for playing with three All-Stars. He has done an amazing job at running the team. It doesn't matter who you play with, you will only get a high number of assists and a low number of turnovers if you are good at what you do. Hell, Smush Parker played with Kobe, how come he doesn't average 10 assists per game? Just get the ball to Kobe, if it's that easy.

Another thing: Why does he average 11 points per game? Because he's done such a great job of distributing the ball, and getting the three main offensive weapons the ball.

mjt20mik
02-13-2009, 04:38 AM
There is a Celtic thread for this. C'mon this Rondo kid is no MIKE JAMES!

And Smush only had 1 HOF to pass it to. Rondo has 3?
And I love the way Rondo plays, so before you call me a hater, I'm not. I just think he's not at all what you guys think him to be. He can be a very solid and consistent role player. If he improves his jumpshot, then he can be very lethal.

Arac
02-13-2009, 04:47 AM
I'm not calling anyone a hater. I just think that you guys may not be watching the Celtics games. Honestly, have you guys watched they play this season? More than one game, too.

While Mike James is the epitome of awesomeness, Rondo might grow to be a fine player.

I don't know, maybe when we take the three HoFers away from him, that's when we'll see what he can do being the main weapon. Who knows, maybe he's not that great.

What I know is that I'm extremly happy with what he's done, especially getting everyone involved in the offense, and anyone that watched the Celtics will agree with me.

In my opinion, and that was exactly my point citing Smush, it doesn't matter if you have HoFers in your team. You will only get 8 assists per game if you play well. You will only get as much credit as Rondo does if you play well.

mjt20mik
02-13-2009, 04:51 AM
No I agree with you. He is a really good passer, and I love how he uses his speed and driving abilities. I just think, some Boston fans just think he's the next J.Kidd, the next such and such. And I hate hearing that nonsense, because this kid is good, but you can't dub him as being the "next" this early in his career. It's just mockery to what the other players have done in their careers.

Arac
02-13-2009, 04:55 AM
Exactly, I couldn't agree more with you.

Honestly, I hate any kind of comparisons. A player makes a name for himself for what he did, not to be compared with others. What I know is that he's a kid with ups and lows. Only time will tell how he'll develop.

Funny, I guess we can still have some meaningful conversations in this forums.

Faneik
02-13-2009, 09:02 AM
Let's see, I've watched 95% of the Celtics game this season, and I can guarantee you that at least 80% of Rondo's assists are more his credit than his Hall Of Fame teammates. I mean, how many times has he penetrated in the lane and given KG, or Perkins a wide open dunk. Or Ray a wide open three? Rondo's speed has been a MAJOR factor is our wins this season. Many times, he's the catalyst of our offense. When you're playing with three perennial All Stars, if you're the catalyst of a winning team, then you are doing something truly great.

Those of us who have watched the Celtics play this season, believe that Rondo is capable of taking a game over, and to be one of the premier players of this league.

It's true that Rondo is left wide open at the three point line, or even at mid range, but he's shown improvements in those areas, specially from mid-range. And even when teams sag off him to double team KG in the post, he's quickly getting to the lane and making teams pay for his lack of shooting touch.

I'm not, however, comparing him to Jason Kidd, Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, whatever you guys like to jump the gun and say I'm comparing.

I am saying, however, that you guys can't demean him for playing with three All-Stars. He has done an amazing job at running the team. It doesn't matter who you play with, you will only get a high number of assists and a low number of turnovers if you are good at what you do. Hell, Smush Parker played with Kobe, how come he doesn't average 10 assists per game? Just get the ball to Kobe, if it's that easy.

Another thing: Why does he average 11 points per game? Because he's done such a great job of distributing the ball, and getting the three main offensive weapons the ball.

:clap:

69centers
02-13-2009, 09:34 AM

you wont see many people in the allstar game with an 11/8/5 line, 4th option on your team, and no big name..

Double that? Jameer Nelson is 16.7 PPG, that's not double. Rondo also has 3 more APG than Nelson.

While he's not elite, not yet, it's still impressive to see him be a top 10 PG so early in his career. It's not all the HOF's he plays with either, as his speed, rebounding, and ability to be stingy with turnovers give him some other great assets which make up for poor outside shooting.

I mean, he was the high rebounder in a game that featured Garnett, Nowitzki, Perkins, and Dampier! And he had 6 more rebounds than anyone else in the game!

DrDEADalready
02-13-2009, 10:57 AM
So what he still sucks. Not even a top 10 pg.

jetsRsnitchaz
02-13-2009, 11:10 AM

stop being jealous. give the nets about 30 years, they'll win a championship

ChiMaverick
02-13-2009, 11:19 AM
I just wanna know who'll get in the HOF first when it's all said and done Rondo or Scalabrine???? Seriously tho, it's not that hard to "take over" a game when you have the defense trying to double team KG or Pierce or Jesus Shuttlesworth. Bottom line is you could put someone like Steve Blake in there and you would be talking on how he deserves to be an All-Star

jrice9
02-13-2009, 11:20 AM
Well against the Mavericks this is predictable witht he rebound totals. The mavs take alot of jumpshots and threes so the rebounds get long letting the guards getting them. I like rondo but he is so overhyped. I dont consider him a top 10 pg in this league maybe he'll get there maybe not

lakers4sho
02-13-2009, 11:28 AM
Mike James can play all 5 positions. At the same time :shrug:

kingkobe
02-13-2009, 11:33 AM
I'm not calling anyone a hater. I just think that you guys may not be watching the Celtics games. Honestly, have you guys watched they play this season? More than one game, too.

While Mike James is the epitome of awesomeness, Rondo might grow to be a fine player.

I don't know, maybe when we take the three HoFers away from him, that's when we'll see what he can do being the main weapon. Who knows, maybe he's not that great.

What I know is that I'm extremly happy with what he's done, especially getting everyone involved in the offense, and anyone that watched the Celtics will agree with me.

In my opinion, and that was exactly my point citing Smush, it doesn't matter if you have HoFers in your team. You will only get 8 assists per game if you play well. You will only get as much credit as Rondo does if you play well.

So sort of what I gathered from your arguements was that you are saying Rondo is better than Smush.

Thats it?? Rondo is better than Smush? Hell, my dog is better than Smush.

Atleast try to show us how Rondo compares to Mike James. Then maybe we can realize how great Rondo is. I think Rondo just might take Mike James' title for the best PG ever. lol

On a serious note though, Rondo is coming along great but he needs to develop his jumpshot. The fact that he still doesn't have a jumpshot makes me wonder what he does during practices?? Once he gets that he'll be deadly.

Frrrrank!!!
02-13-2009, 01:06 PM

Really? You really think he "sucks"?

IndiansFan337
02-13-2009, 03:54 PM

Is this a joke?

He's one of the top 3 defensive PG's in the NBA. He can't shoot, but he sure can drive & dish. He's easily top 10 overall though.

cambovenzi
02-13-2009, 03:54 PM
Double that? Jameer Nelson is 16.7 PPG, that's not double. Rondo also has 3 more APG than Nelson.

While he's not elite, not yet, it's still impressive to see him be a top 10 PG so early in his career. It's not all the HOF's he plays with either, as his speed, rebounding, and ability to be stingy with turnovers give him some other great assets which make up for poor outside shooting.

I mean, he was the high rebounder in a game that featured Garnett, Nowitzki, Perkins, and Dampier! And he had 6 more rebounds than anyone else in the game!

i said "about" double.
the guys he was being compared to were much closer to 20PPG.
mo had 17.6, J nelson at 16.7, Devin Harris at 21.8.

while i acknowledge that he is playing well, and had a good game, it is no tragedy that an 11/5/8 guy didnt make the allstar game like some were making it out to be.

DrDEADalready
02-13-2009, 03:57 PM
Yep. Put any backup pg on the celtics to start and they'll put up the same numbers as Rondo.

Frrrrank!!!
02-13-2009, 04:07 PM
Yep. Put any backup pg on the celtics to start and they'll put up the same numbers as Rondo.

:laugh2:

D Roses Bulls
02-13-2009, 04:12 PM
on a more serious note, Rondo is playing the best game of his career so far.

as a fan that has seen almost all of his games, he is showing star ability in his all arund game.

thats funny, rondo is not that good. he is just playing with some good players that definitely take the focus off of him.

DrDEADalready
02-13-2009, 04:21 PM
:laugh2:

Yes!!! I've finally been Sig Quoted. I was wondering when this day would come. :clap:

shortlunatic
02-13-2009, 04:24 PM

No way bro Rondos sick. Hes one of the best defensive point guards in the league right now. He did steal the ball from Kobe in a finals game:eyebrow:

DrDEADalready
02-13-2009, 04:29 PM
He might be a good defensive pg. but as far as the offensive game. pretty much any pg in the league if on the Celtics. could put up those numbers. like for the jazz Ronnie price. If he was on the celtics. you'd all be talking about Ronnie Price. and how good he is.

BTownTeamsRKing
02-13-2009, 04:39 PM
thats funny, rondo is not that good. he is just playing with some good players that definitely take the focus off of him.

like KG who was sitting on the bench with 5 fouls or an injurred Ray Allen.

nevermind, im just glad Rondo is on my favorite team. no need to justify any of his play.

at Dallas when things looked bad, he was clutch and got Pierce the ball. thats all i want from him.

that triple double is nice. 19 pts 15 rbs 14 ast

15 rebounds for a PG is crazy

shortlunatic
02-13-2009, 04:41 PM
like KG who was sitting on the bench with 5 fouls or an injurred Ray Allen.

nevermind, im just glad Rondo is on my favorite team. no need to justify any of his play.

at Dallas when things looked bad, he was clutch and got Pierce the ball. thats all i want from him.

that triple double is nice. 19 pts 15 rbs 14 ast

15 rebounds for a PG is crazy

Exactly, im not even a celtics fan, but i do like rondo. He fits my profile for what i think a good pg should be.

Boston-Born
02-13-2009, 04:48 PM
11 points 9 assists 5 rebounds 2 steals while shooting 50% from the field. Take into consideration his defense and he is easily into the discussion of the top 10 PGs in the league as of right now.
in no particular order the top 8 are
Chris Paul
Devin Harris
Deron Williams
Andre Miller
Steve Nash
Jameer Nelson
Chancey Billups
Mike Bibby

Withn the last two spots going to either Rondo, Mo Williams, Calderon, Rose, Duhon, Felton, Westbrook, Stuckey, and Davis.

And I would argue, that other then points per game, he has the best numbers, reguardless of who is on him team. He does it all from shoot a good percent, to rebounding, to steals, to assists. Defensively and offensively. I would put him and Mo Williams at the final two spots. I'm not talking career stats, I'm talking about right now in the league, with their current teams.

Frrrrank!!!
02-13-2009, 05:00 PM
Yes!!! I've finally been Sig Quoted. I was wondering when this day would come. :clap:

I wouldn't be proud of that quote.

carter15
02-13-2009, 05:02 PM
stop being jealous. give the nets about 30 years, they'll win a championship

its ok..my steelers just won AGAIN....i mean it wudnt be fair if all my teams won...im happy with just one :)

DrDEADalready
02-13-2009, 05:05 PM
I wouldn't be proud of that quote.

Why not its a true and logical statement?

carter15
02-13-2009, 05:05 PM
11 points 9 assists 5 rebounds 2 steals while shooting 50% from the field. Take into consideration his defense and he is easily into the discussion of the top 10 PGs in the league as of right now.
in no particular order the top 8 are
Chris Paul
Devin Harris
Deron Williams
Andre Miller
Steve Nash
Jameer Nelson
Chancey Billups
Mike Bibby

Withn the last two spots going to either Rondo, Mo Williams, Calderon, Rose, Duhon, Felton, Westbrook, Stuckey, and Davis.

And I would argue, that other then points per game, he has the best numbers, reguardless of who is on him team. He does it all from shoot a good percent, to rebounding, to steals, to assists. Defensively and offensively. I would put him and Mo Williams at the final two spots. I'm not talking career stats, I'm talking about right now in the league, with their current teams.

d. rose is in top 10 no doubt...id take him over rondo.. and bibby for that matter...

stuckey is also very good..maybe not top 10...but if im picking for the future id take stuckey over rondo..that guy is gonna be a stud...hes already scoring 40 pt games.

Frrrrank!!!
02-13-2009, 05:12 PM
Why not its a true and logical statement?

Yes, in the untrue and illogical kind of way.

DrDEADalready
02-13-2009, 05:16 PM
Yes, in the untrue and illogical kind of way.

Well to a Celtics fan. I guess it is. But to a logical basketball fan it's true.

It's okay man don't get butt hurt. If you said Williams sucked. I'd defend him too.

Frrrrank!!!
02-13-2009, 05:20 PM
Well to a Celtics fan. I guess it is. But to a logical basketball fan it's true.

:rolleyes:Saying any back up can do what Rondo does is borderline ********. I'm not willing to go back and forth though, this is just such a dumb topic to debate. So opinions are opinions, eh?

shortlunatic
02-13-2009, 05:22 PM

It's okay man don't get butt hurt. If you said Williams sucked. I'd defend him too.

Williams is a beast, but there is no way you can say that any pg on the celtics could put up rondos numbers. cuz that is simply not true. he proved alot last year through the playoffs and this year. He is defianetly one of the best small guards in the league

what54!?
02-13-2009, 05:24 PM
I see rondo being aa jason kidd type point guard. Not really gonna be a scorer but can get close to or get a triple double. Not saying he's gonna be as good as kidd but he's in that mold

DrDEADalready
02-13-2009, 05:29 PM
Yep. thats all it is. Is opinions.

Kakaroach
02-13-2009, 05:42 PM
I see rondo being aa jason kidd type point guard. Not really gonna be a scorer but can get close to or get a triple double. Not saying he's gonna be as good as kidd but he's in that mold I agree with you. Rondo will end up being a lot like Kidd. Their great passers, rebounder, and have horrible jump shots. :D

kingkobe
02-18-2009, 12:13 PM
See Mr. "Rondo got a triple double". No one made a thread about how Gasol got a triple double or how even Nate Robinson got a triple double the other night.

Frrrrank!!!
02-18-2009, 12:24 PM
See Mr. "Rondo got a triple double". No one made a thread about how Gasol got a triple double or how even Nate Robinson got a triple double the other night.

That's cause Rondo is cooler:cool:

theuuord
02-18-2009, 12:50 PM
Rondo is a good point guard on an excellent team. He's definitely one of the best (if not THE best) defensive point guards in the league, and he can afford to use less possessions to be more efficient because of the offensive weapons around him.

You could put a lot of point guards where Rondo is and they'd get similar numbers (except for rebounding, which is more individually specialized), but that's not to detract from Rondo's ability.

Probably a top ten point guard in this league (although the PG position has been getting deeper and deeper lately).