PDA

View Full Version : Trade now or Wait for 2010

TheHeat3
02-12-2009, 11:10 PM
I was looking at the Phoenix Suns situation and how they have a team that can win now, but want to start trading players to save cap. And I want to know everyone's stance on this. Do you go for a trade to improve your team now knowing it may hurt you when 2010 comes rolling around? (ex: trading young players, expiring contracts and picks for Amare Stoudamire, Chris Bosh and so on) or Do you save your young players and try to save as much cap as you can for when 2010 comes?

elnino9
02-12-2009, 11:52 PM
i think that if u feel that u can get a stoudemire or bosh for a reasonable price , i say you have to take that deal. cause if you are trying to save cap room for 2010, wouldnt u be trying to sign a stoudemire or bosh anyway??

hotpotato1092
02-13-2009, 12:09 AM
i think that if u feel that u can get a stoudemire or bosh for a reasonable price , i say you have to take that deal. cause if you are trying to save cap room for 2010, wouldnt u be trying to sign a stoudemire or bosh anyway??

Yea but signing them means getting them without giving anything up.

LAOwnsAll15
02-13-2009, 12:13 AM
the suns?? theyre like 10th in the western confrence and we(lakers) still have to beat them like twice...

they need a new gm. steve kerr is a lame GM that doesnt know how to keep a team competitive for more then 1 year

if they wait till 2010 thats just another year that nash gets older

Pitty'09
02-13-2009, 12:26 AM
the suns?? theyre like 10th in the western confrence and we(lakers) still have to beat them like twice...

they need a new gm. steve kerr is a lame GM that doesnt know how to keep a team competitive for more then 1 year

if they wait till 2010 thats just another year that nash gets olderSo the suns have not been competitive for the last 4 or 5 years in a row? I know he was the gm for at least 3

GSW fan
02-13-2009, 12:46 AM
i think u have to try to win now. there this year and next year until the big offseason comes.

but if you are the youngest team in the league and completely suk like the warriors, then you wait

elnino9
02-13-2009, 12:51 AM
Yea but signing them means getting them without giving anything up.

yeah i realize that but u will have to compete with a lot of teams in free agency. i mean i would only trade for one of them if u didnt have to give up too much that u value. otherwise i would wait too.

JordansBulls
02-13-2009, 12:51 AM
I was looking at the Phoenix Suns situation and how they have a team that can win now, but want to start trading players to save cap. And I want to know everyone's stance on this. Do you go for a trade to improve your team now knowing it may hurt you when 2010 comes rolling around? (ex: trading young players, expiring contracts and picks for Amare Stoudamire, Chris Bosh and so on) or Do you save your young players and try to save as much cap as you can for when 2010 comes?

When your team is a fringe playoff team and over the luxury tax then you need to make trades to cut finances.