PDA

View Full Version : Anybody here think V.C. is washed up?

DarzenPetrovic3
02-12-2009, 02:07 PM
I do i think he plays half ***, im sick of his fall away one legged jump shots. He gets paid way too much for a guy who is supposed to be the leader of the Nets.

Faneik
02-12-2009, 02:09 PM
I wouldn't say he's washed up.

He still puts up good numbers (21/5/5) with decent %'s.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/vince_carter/index.html

still1ballin
02-12-2009, 02:09 PM
he still has game left in him. More then Tmac that is for sure

theuuord
02-12-2009, 02:15 PM
where are these ridiculous notions coming from? He's having one of the best years of his career at 32 years old. He's so far from washed up.

JordansBulls
02-12-2009, 02:31 PM
No he isn't. It's not like he is averaging 15 ppg now.

Ni55anpat
02-12-2009, 02:32 PM
Tmac and VC are not washed up. Sure Tmac has injuries, that is why his #'s are down.

VC plays half ***, his team sucks. If he went to the spurs, i could see him play ALOT better because of the whole system

still1ballin
02-12-2009, 02:35 PM
tmac is washed up....when was the last time he had a productive season?

MTone8788
02-12-2009, 02:41 PM
tmac is washed up....when was the last time he had a productive season?

it's ashame he has injury after injury... same with vince, he was getting plauged by injuries for a while, but hes been healthy for a few seasons now. I don't really ever get to watch the nets, and I don't think I would if I could, but he puts up good numbers, but they aren't doing well as a team. He is still a really good player in my eyes. How many other 20-5-5 are there? Lebron, Caron Butler is close, Iguodala is acouple points shy, Pierce is an assist shy..

JJ81
02-12-2009, 03:17 PM
He can still play but he's not all-star material any more

VCaintdead17
02-12-2009, 03:23 PM
VC is having a great season, been healthy all year. Averaging over 20 points, thats great

cambovenzi
02-12-2009, 03:27 PM
nah, he is still pretty good..

BranWingss
02-12-2009, 03:31 PM
VC is obviously not washed up but TMAC is .

Kyle916
02-12-2009, 03:42 PM
He was washed up last year, but this year he is actually playing like he cares (all-star numbers).

Not washed up.

MiamiHeat
02-12-2009, 03:43 PM
He could be a great 3rd option :)

Master Mind
02-12-2009, 03:58 PM
Well VC's numbers don't lie, he's still productive...But highlight wise don't expect any highflying between the legs windmill dunks---those days are long gone....Now T-Mac is just brittle and I don't think he's playing with any effort or enthusiasm...

xxepo
02-12-2009, 04:02 PM
He has his faults but any team in the playoffs would love to have him and hate to play againt him ...

Gup
02-12-2009, 04:11 PM
Doesnt matter. He isnt the player he once was

ShakeN'Bake
02-12-2009, 04:22 PM
Hes no longer that guy he once was...but that doesnt make him washed up he still good.

ee
02-12-2009, 04:26 PM
At 32, he's playing good ball.....also, as playing as a 2nd option for the 2nd year in a row.....The team isn't good, it's not VC's fault.....we're better than expected already...

YankeeFan89
02-12-2009, 04:31 PM
why hate on tmac =[ its a vc thread

Drtino
02-12-2009, 04:49 PM
Not washed up... I would pick VC over T-mac throughout this season...

VC is still putting up numbers... probably he just needs to guide these new youngsters a bit better and confront them when they are not playing defense.

Kakaroach
02-12-2009, 05:54 PM
Wow imagine Vinsanity along with Manu, Parker, and Duncan lol. I would have to say that they would an instant championship contender, more so than they are now.

Raptor Analyst
02-12-2009, 06:06 PM
Not at all vc can still put up big numbers any time he pleases maybe not the same explosives moves but he still got it. Tmac on the other hand, has the body of an 78 year old great grandmother and needs to retire before he really hurts himself.

td0tsfinest
02-12-2009, 10:09 PM
I guess a lot of people have this opinion because early in his career, you had people calling him the next Jordan. His talents were considered on point with guys like T-Mac and Kobe but while Kobe still remains as an elite, Vince died down. Maybe its just old age; people have criticized him for passion or lack thereof. As of now, he's no longer a franchise player but he can be an important scoring option on a championship contending team.

Chronz
02-12-2009, 10:18 PM
He shouldve been an all-star over Mo Williams thats for sure

NYMetros
02-12-2009, 10:19 PM
He shouldve been an all-star over Mo Williams thats for sure

Why do you say that?

Nets fan 93
02-12-2009, 10:21 PM
I do i think he plays half ***, im sick of his fall away one legged jump shots. He gets paid way too much for a guy who is supposed to be the leader of the Nets.
I guess you havent watched the Nets at all this season, have you?

Chronz
02-12-2009, 10:52 PM
Why do you say that?

Because if history has taught me anything is that the biggest mistakes in all-star selection history have come from trying to correlate winning% with single players ie the best teams in the league has to have 2 stars while the worst teams cant have more than 1. Dont believe me look at Wally Sczerbiak.

Vince and Devin (+Lopez) are the only reason the team is in the playoff hunt and exceeding expectations, Mo was added to do what he did last year, the only difference in his game is that hes surrounded by MUCH better players. Vince on the other hand is actually carrying his team and performing much better.

Can you actually tell me with a straight face that you think Mo is a better player than Vince? If Mo were forced to carry as large a burden would he be able to maintain Vince's efficiency? All the evidence suggests not a chance.

Deezy Dee 24
02-12-2009, 11:12 PM
vcs still pretty good

theuuord
02-12-2009, 11:20 PM
I guess a lot of people have this opinion because early in his career, you had people calling him the next Jordan. His talents were considered on point with guys like T-Mac and Kobe but while Kobe still remains as an elite, Vince died down. Maybe its just old age; people have criticized him for passion or lack thereof. As of now, he's no longer a franchise player but he can be an important scoring option on a championship contending team.

That was the whole problem with the "Next Jordan" era: none of those guys were the next Jordan. There was only one Jordan.

I will say this though, you put VC on the Lakers and Kobe on the Raptors during "those" years and I bet the perception of those two players ends up VERY differently....

Fireworld
02-13-2009, 12:36 AM
All he is, is the missing piece to a championship puzzle. He cant lead a team any longer.

Trouble87
02-13-2009, 11:24 PM
Carter isn't washed up but he's unmotivated and it shows in his game... I think he needs to go back to Toronto for a final playoff push with Bosh. Finish his career with the team that made him a franchise player at one time.

Bosh & him with some other good pieces could cause some damage in the east

Young2Kinsler
02-13-2009, 11:36 PM
All he is, is the missing piece to a championship puzzle. He cant lead a team any longer.

Thats why he needs to be traded to Dallas. Even with VC, Dallas is a longshot to win, but a much better team in my opinion.

Greg_Sox_fan
02-13-2009, 11:39 PM
I just think he has lost alot of heart. He doesn't drive to the whole any more. He throws up those Gilbert Arenas 3's when he used to drive to the whole and dunk on ppl

Dynasty
02-13-2009, 11:50 PM
VC is not washed up, he can score many points on any giving night.

He just happens to be in a rebuilding team, letting Devin Harris and others flourish.

bullocks
02-13-2009, 11:56 PM
tmac & vc = the lazy cousins

albertc86
02-14-2009, 12:00 AM
Like Baron Davis, Carter would be reinspired playing on a better team, but he needs to put his ego aside. If he played as a role player, he'd be agreat addition to nay team.

njnets
02-14-2009, 12:06 AM
he is not washed up. he is a great scorer and having a very good ressurecting season at age 32. look at the stats. his %s are good. he is not the player he used to be but he is not washed up.

Rocco007
02-14-2009, 12:11 AM
Vince and Kobe were both still very explosive 5 to 7 years ago..Vince has taken notes from Kobe's game transition as he has aged, well I might add..Vince has become a better outside shooter and relies less on athleticism..Especially driving..I saw his recent game against the Spurs...he was content with laying the ball in..and did very well..Still has plenty of lift in his legs.I think he has 2 to 3 years left at a very good level..then he'll probably become StackHouse ...

kvrnm
02-14-2009, 01:30 AM
hes still very good

zambo4president
02-14-2009, 01:51 AM
I dont think hes washed up i really just think hes overrated.

mlisica19
02-14-2009, 03:29 AM
Vince carter was a great player coming into the NBA for one reason and one reason at all. He was an entertainer who dunked better than even the human highlight reel. He could soar over any center and out run any fowards. But after a while injury and old age took over that greatness. But by that time he was so experienced in the game he learned new ways to play. Playmake beautifuly, Defend solid, SHoot like a sniper... he even pulls off a good move or two. I mean hes had great seasons with the trio in NJ a few back. ANd with everyone gone he had to hold the team up for himself till harris came. With rebuilding and him as captain theyre doinga great job making playoffs and helping the rookies. Hes not washed up hes jus changed... a change better for himself, a change better for the team, a change that was bad for the fans. plus with his gold medal with the USA team he might even make the Basketball Hall of Fame